#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 20 June 2021 - 04:20 PM

Oh JuJutsu Kaisen mangaka got sick.

Summary Time: Chapter 59. Knight...in sour armor? Nope in short shorts.

Cover page is Nail. With Tan and brown coloring...god these cover pages if they aren't inappropriate, they're dull.

So, Punk is straggling Nail in a flashback due to him being upset that Nail is the karma bearer instead of him.

That was a nightmare he was having the made him jump out of the bed in Madoc's office. The clone again is his assistant so she can continue to keep making appearance to please SP. Madoc triggers Nail by pointing out that his body was almost entirely turned into a kaguya clan member even if his seal is gone now...wait. What. Bolt's & Nail's plan is to implant Karma into Punk so Bolt can resurrect using Punk's body? What? I thought the plan was just to implant it into Punk so Bolt doesn't have the risk of becoming Femmy anymore then kill Punk. Are they planning something that is more complex, theoretical, and dumber at the same time? Madoc points out some of the problems with their plan. They also continue to throw more shade about how much Naruto has been relying on Kurama's power to carry him through fights to the point they can't tell how much weaker he has gotten since Kurama died....Oh kitten me. So, Madoc to make up the power gap they have against Punk suggest re-infecting Nail with a Karma and hoping that it will be simply be a power up instead of reactivating the data that already in Nail body to revive Jenga.

OK, on to something hopefully less stupid with the villains Punk and Hime. So, Hime just updates Punk what just happened, and questions if Punk is will to let Naruto live, since he is so weak and pathetic at this point. Punk says, no because he is planning on killing them all. Hime reminds them of their agreement. Old Dude thinks they are nuts and wants them both gone. Oh her eye power is call the "SENRIGAN,"(clairvoyant) so it is another bloody eye power. Thankfully, she other than her attraction power and clairvoyant eyes can only do taijutsu; since she doesn't like fighting. So, she a support character like Karin. Also, during all this, both guys keep drooling over her. After more talking she decided to go get the "Android 16" of their group.

Nail contemplating getting karma while walking down the street. Shikamaru's son greets him and he freaks out. They then talk.

The Clone and Madoc talk to further explain the re-implanting karma idea. Clone asks if their another reason he might want to restore Nail's karma and he act mysterious.

This new cyborg is the only one other then a kaguya clan member who can kill Hime. An annoying little kid that calls her sis because he is her little brother Daemon which means he is also Madoc's son. He is a sadistic kid that power is reflection. The stronger an enemies killing intent the stronger he can reflect back the attacks of an enemy. In other words, if a guy planned on trying to cut off the kid's head with a sword, their head will be cut off instead. 

....So, they really are the Androids from Dragon Ball. Punk is Android 16 the emotionless robotic one who is obsessed with killing Goku... I mean Naruto. ...Moe is 17 the annoying crazy brat of the group. And Hime is 18 the emotionless girl that really wants The "D" of one of the main characters in this case Nail.

Continuing to try to please SP the Clone continues to talk to Madoc. And asks again if he is plotting something. Madoc consider her stupid for openly asking this.

Next Chapter July 20th.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 June 2021 - 09:21 AM.

#2 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 20 June 2021 - 04:29 PM

As for Dragon Ball Super. Goku had been fighting a Clone. when the real body goes all out he beat Goku even in ultra instinct in one attack. Before that Vegeta told Goku the Chrono trigger guy people were wiped out by the saiyans. Now its Vegeta's turn.

#3 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 20 June 2021 - 05:26 PM

how did Ikemoto land a job with that level of art he got? He is TERRIBLE.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#4 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 20 June 2021 - 09:43 PM

Maybe because he might be a NaruHina fan, someone that SP can make sure they control, who knows.

#5 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 12:14 AM

Maybe because he might be a NaruHina fan, someone that SP can make sure they control, who knows.

He was one of Kishimoto's assistants for over a decade. He got the job because he was the one that said he would take over the art so kishi could leave. He was in charge of backgrounds and finishing off things Kishi couldn't bother himself to finish off. Which you can see in most Boruto chapters. The backgrounds are very much out of a Naruto chapter. However, as for the character, he seemed to decide to make his own designs be more "realistic" looking while still trying to make them somewhat identifiable to the old Naruto ark style. It looks like kitten.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 21 June 2021 - 09:11 AM.

#6 luans7

luans7

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 12:53 AM

Kishimoto is mixing the Cell saga, the Sasuke saga leaving and the saga that Sasuke assembles his team

#7 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 05:17 AM

Recycled plot lines, but hey target demographic has no idea its been done before anyway.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#8 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 09:40 AM

Recycled plot lines, but hey target demographic has no idea its been done before anyway.

...Which target demographic? The kids aren't reading this, they are reading other SJ manga instead, and the nH and SS fans have seen this before.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 22 June 2021 - 01:46 PM.

#9 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 11:51 AM

Oh right I was confusing it with the anime. In any case, no comment on the recycled plot. Half of it doesnt even catch my attention anyway.

Edited by Phantom_999, 22 June 2021 - 12:06 PM.

#10 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 22 June 2021 - 12:37 PM

Oh right I was confusing it with the anime. In any case, no comment on the recycled plot. Half of it doesn't even catch my attention anyway.

Lol we know that the Hinata fans are watching to see their goddess.

#11 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 01:48 PM

Oh right I was confusing it with the anime. In any case, no comment on the recycled plot. Half of it doesn't even catch my attention anyway.

Lol we know that the Hinata fans are watching to see their goddess.

Apparently, the fans they have left are just holding onto that fight they ripped from their movie. Going, "sure the rest of the anime is filler garbage but that one fight was good."

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 22 June 2021 - 04:48 PM.

#12 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 02:21 PM

Declining sales for a once big manga is an indicator that they are struggling to find a stable market segment.

Never ever alienate your loyal customer. They alienated NS (and other segment that weren't happy with the ending), they lost 85%-90% of their manga sales.

Clearly, only NH and SS fans buying this series. They too, are declining in numbers.

Meanwhile, manga like Jujutsu Kaisen is growing at a high pace (total of 50 million sales in May 2021, it was 8 million back in October 2020).

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#13 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 04:48 PM

Declining sales for a once big manga is an indicator that they are struggling to find a stable market segment.

Never ever alienate your loyal customer. They alienated NS (and other segment that weren't happy with the ending), they lost 85%-90% of their manga sales.

Clearly, only NH and SS fans buying this series. They too, are declining in numbers.

Meanwhile, manga like Jujutsu Kaisen is growing at a high pace (total of 50 million sales in May 2021, it was 8 million back in October 2020).

That's the benefit of a good anime. The art of Jujutsu if I'm to be frank is honestly quite poor, though it makes up for it with a good story. The anime improve the character designs, had good animation and good music. Which helped boost manga sales.

Honestly, both it and Demon Slayers show the success of the new seasonal anime adaptation format over the old continuous that Boruto is doing. 

Well if I recall sales showed what... about 19-14% were left by the time shinobi strikers came out now it down to 15-10% according to you.

#14 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 12:39 AM

Even Dragon Ball Super seems to be doing better.

And yet you have a few who think that Boruto is better than Naruto, the main thing they use is that the female characters are used better.

#15 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 01:04 AM

But where lol? We had Sarada with some potential in Gaiden and then compared to the others she's barely learning Chidori, while Boruto is getting god level powers.

Pfft, yeah, very better utilized female cast.  :lmao:

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#16 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 23 June 2021 - 01:21 AM

And yet you have a few who think that Boruto is better than Naruto, the main thing they use is that the female characters are used better.

Which is debatable because the only two things I can think of is that:

1. Most of the girls aren't boy obsessed, that female characters like Sakura, Hinata, Ino, Karin and The 5th Mizukage were accused of (which to be fair did happen really especially towards the end of the series sadly). Though that seems to be changing with Kishimoto back in charge of writing, with more focus on Sumire's crush on Naruto and the introduction of Ada who's goal is to get ether Kawaki or Boruto as a lover due to her powers not working on them. Which goes to show Kishimoto has not improved his writing female characters at all or doesn't care enough to try and improve on them. The other thing I can think of is that Kishimoto must have some very outdated socially conservative views in regards to women, but that's perhaps to much of a bold statement to make as we don't really know any of his views on politics or social issues.  
  2. The females in boruto or more case being that Sadara gets more fights than the female cast in Naruto namely Sakura did, since Sakura had only 3-4 fights that were focused on her, with the rest just being minor skirmishes or her briefly helping out in some of the finally fights in Team 7. Though from what I can see it's mostly due to the fact that Sadara was been more involved in her team 7 fights, rather than her own solo fights in the manga and hasn't done much else. Granted if they are anime only watches they might say Sadara gets more fights due to the filler arcs the anime has, such as Sadara facing that mist ninja from the new swordsman group. Since the anime staff are nicer to sadara than they ever were to Sakura.

But where lol? We had Sarada with some potential in Gaiden and then compared to the others she's barely learning Chidori, while Boruto is getting god level powers.

Don't forget about what they did with her with that new inappropriate outfit the manga gave her and in chapter 11 or 12 where Ikimoto and that original writer gave her that fitly personality was also really inappropriate.

#17 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 02:31 AM

...Really? Most of the cast that is a legacy left over from Naruto is barely used. There are like only 4 females that kind of matter to the plot.

Mustard as a member of Karma who had a boring fight with Naruto, but she died in such away I didn't even realize she was killed until we were informed Nail was the last of the inner circle.

Hime is boring despite them keep trying to hype her up so far and she has largely just took Mustard place as the female villain.

Other then the villains that have one token female at a time it is only the Clone and Salad. They mainly get screen time because they have to being the pairing fodder that keeps the lights on, but that don't really do much besides popping in now and again.

I would say Naruto has better females even if they aren't used that much.

That's mainly due to Karma (something he shouldn't be using since it uses increase the progression of femmy taking over his body) and that he keeps fighting along sides Naruto and Sasuke who are fighting beyond Kaguya level threats.

Also it clear none of the three clowns care about salad beyond not having her not be another Sakura. Though their refusal to actually give her any focus while she is the most like of the main cast will be that causes them problems this time.

Which is debatable because the only two things I can think of is that:

1. Most of the girls aren't boy obsessed, that female characters like Sakura, Hinata, Ino, Karin and The 5th Mizukage were accused of (which to be fair did happen really especially towards the end of the series sadly). Though that seems to be changing with Kishimoto back in charge of writing, with more focus on Sumire's crush on Naruto and the introduction of Ada who's goal is to get ether Kawaki or Boruto as a lover due to her powers not working on them. Which goes to show Kishimoto has not improved his writing female characters at all or doesn't care enough to try and improve on them. The other thing I can think of is that Kishimoto must have some very outdated socially conservative views in regards to women, but that's perhaps to much of a bold statement to make as we don't really know any of his views on politics or social issues.  
  2. The females in boruto or more case being that Sadara gets more fights than the female cast in Naruto namely Sakura did, since Sakura had only 3-4 fights that were focused on her, with the rest just being minor skirmishes or her briefly helping out in some of the finally fights in Team 7. Though from what I can see it's mostly due to the fact that Sadara was been more involved in her team 7 fights, rather than her own solo fights in the manga and hasn't done much else. Granted if they are anime only watches they might say Sadara gets more fights due to the filler arcs the anime has, such as Sadara facing that mist ninja from the new swordsman group. Since the anime staff are nicer to sadara than they ever were to Sakura.

1. I honestly prefer how they are written now. Since Kodaichi was sexualizing the twelve year old girls made any scene with them feel creepy and inappropriate. Though its a welcome if minor change. The clone actually has been more involved in the story since Kisihmoto took over, which is still barely mind you. Salad barely change beyond less sexualized, in term of behavior she still wearing the same outfit, she is still barely involved more then they are required. Hime feel like a more aggressive Hinata so another appeal to that fans base in attempts to boost sales, since they are suppose to be the ones paying for this series.

2. When most people say a character is getting more fights I tend to assume that it focuses on them fighting. Salad doesn't really get that in the manga. Both her and Cups are barely involved in the story and are normally just given a minute in a team fight. However that's due to them knowing they can't have her end up like Sakura, but that doesn't mean they care about her. The anime has no choice to be nicer to her since it her fans that keep the lights on in Japan.

Don't forget about what they did with her with that new inappropriate outfit the manga gave her and in chapter 11 or 12 where Ikimoto and that original writer gave her that fitly personality was also really inappropriate.

...No, no. Salad has always wore that inappropriate outfit. The only difference between chapter 10 and 11 is Ikemoto took away the shorts. I stop talking about it because she so rarely appears or has focus outside of covers enough to even focus on her outfit. 

Also Ikemoto wasn't the writer that was Kodaichi. And her personality problems were not from the manga but from the 5 different products (The ending, the gaiden, the movie, the anime and the manga) trying to figure out what her personality even was. The manga settled on Sakura 2.0 kind of quickly in my opinion.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 01 July 2021 - 09:26 PM.

#18 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 11:41 AM

Apparently, the fans they have left are just holding onto that fight they ripped from their movie. Going, "sure the rest of the anime is filler garbage but that one fight was good."

Yeah that seems to be the consensus. Again my brother is one such individual but he’s is not really a fan per say, he just thought that fight was good. but I told him everything before and after that was bull kitten so he didn’t bother with the series in general. He’s not one that watches anime willy nilly

Edited by Phantom_999, 28 June 2021 - 01:04 AM.

#19 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 30 June 2021 - 01:40 AM

...No, no. Salad has always wore that inappropriate outfit. The only difference between chapter 10 and 11 is Ikemoto took away the shorts. I stop talking about it because she so rarely appears or has focus outside of covers enough to even focus on her outfit. 

Also Ikemoto wasn't the writer that was Kodaichi. And her personality problems were not from the manga but from the 5 different products (The ending, the gaiden, the movie, the anime and the manga) trying to figure out what her personality even was. The manga settled on Sakura 2.0 kind of quickly in my opinion.

I knew that Sadara had that inapposite outfir since the beginning of the boruto manga, I was just commenting that chapter 11 is when fans and critics really started taking issue with the design and how Sadara was posing.

I Know Ikemoto isn't the writer, I just didn't bother to remember the name of Kodaichi because he is that forgettable so I just put him as the original writer for Boruto. Though regardless most blame Ikemoto for the way Sadara was portrayed due to some creepy comments he apparently said about drawing her. I kinda feel the manga was trying to give Sadara a more Karin style personality early on in a flirty way, the biggest problem is that Sadara is the age Naruto characters were in part 1 not part 2.

#20 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 30 June 2021 - 05:00 AM

I knew that Sadara had that inapposite inappropriate outfit since the beginning of the boruto manga, I was just commenting that chapter 11 is when fans and critics really started taking issue with the design and how Sadara was posing.

I Know Ikemoto isn't the writer, I just didn't bother to remember the name of Kodaichi because he is that forgettable so I just put him as the original writer for Boruto. Though regardless most blame Ikemoto for the way Sadara was portrayed due to some creepy comments he apparently said about drawing her. I kinda feel the manga was trying to give Sadara a more Karin style personality early on in a flirty way, the biggest problem is that Sadara is the age Naruto characters were in part 1 not part 2.

She was always wearing that outfit when Ikemoto drew her. From what I understand, people were always complaining about that outfit.  People were complaining about the outfit even in Japan since they first saw it on the first promotional poster he did. If you can only find that people started to complain after 11 that means they decided to skip reading the rehashing of the movie. 

Oh wait you did say the original writer sorry must of misread that.

What did Ikemoto say?

Well if you go off chapter 700 it was likely a mix between Karin and Hinata. Though honestly, since the Gaiden it felt Kishi added more Sakura traits to her. Nowadays, she is Sakura 2.0, Sakura with all her flaws removed. Though it doesn't help that Karin in a way was just Dark Sakura. Every girl in this manga has been more sexualized compared to Naruto they all seemed to be drawn both more sexualized way and yet more child-like with a weird mixture of adult features if Ikemoto puts any effort into them.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 30 June 2021 - 05:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users