Close
Photo

Who's starting to give up on NS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
200 replies to this topic

Poll: Who starting to give up on NS (160 member(s) have cast votes)

Are u giving up on NS

1. yes (5 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

2. no (151 votes [94.38%])

Percentage of vote: 94.38%

3. there's no pairing in Naruto's age group anyways (4 votes [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

Vote

#161 Sherry

Sherry

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku of course!

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:49 AM

i don't give up on narusaku because i love them from my deep heart and mind, because the reasons why i like them come from both my heart and mind, not just like to see or they're cute.

i still have faith on narusaku, and i think they're the greatest pairing in naruto

so, even though the worst thing -there's no narusaku ending- happened, narusaku would stay forever in my heart.

#162 Naruto_T7

Naruto_T7

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:45 PM

I'd only give up on NaruSaku if I ACTUALLY see NaruHina or SasuSaku happen (which will never happen biggrin.gif ).

Naruto has to suceed where Jiraiya didn't. So Naruto has to get Sakura because Jiraiya didn't get Tsuande biggrin.gif
And of course, the whole peace thing aswell.
And if the end, Naruto were to end of with Hinata, surely that'd be unfair considering he's always wanted Sakura and not her?

narusakuct7.gif
Yo, aloe vera!

#163 Merger Knight

Merger Knight

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (Naruto_T7 @ Mar 30 2009, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd only give up on NaruSaku if I ACTUALLY see NaruHina or SasuSaku happen (which will never happen biggrin.gif ).

Naruto has to suceed where Jiraiya didn't. So Naruto has to get Sakura because Jiraiya didn't get Tsuande biggrin.gif
And of course, the whole peace thing aswell.
And if the end, Naruto were to end of with Hinata, surely that'd be unfair considering he's always wanted Sakura and not her?

narusakuct7.gif

I wouldn't give up on them even if either or both of the otehr couples happened and the mangaq ended I'm stuburn like that

#164 Hysteria

Hysteria

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Lots of different things

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:28 PM

First off, I'm neither a pessimist or an optimist-- I'm a realist.

Secondly, NaruSaku is bound to happen.

Well... honestly, my faith in Kishimoto has wavered. (perhaps I am somewhat pessimist nowadays...)

But I refuse to give up!
It's not over 'til the fat lady sings!

Besides, I find it very hard to believe that he'll let NaruSaku go to waste for the sake of underdeveloped, poorly written garbage.

[Sigh] Unless his actual aim is/was to please the bigger fandom, but I digress...

#165 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (Kieru @ Jul 23 2008, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. In fact, I see NaruSaku happening now more than ever.

We've seen the obvious parallel Kishi has set up between Naruto/Sakura and Jiraiya/Tsunade. Not only that, but Pein is currently on his way to Konoha and there's a very likely chance he or Konan will kill Tsunade, and Sakura will obviously want revenge for that; so there's the possibility of a tag team battle.

There's a lot going on right now with Naruto training and Pein coming to rape Konoha, but I expect a lot of NaruSaku action when Naruto returns.
Agreed as well

#166 Merger Knight

Merger Knight

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (Hysteria @ Mar 31 2009, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First off, I'm neither a pessimist or an optimist-- I'm a realist.

Secondly, NaruSaku is bound to happen.

Well... honestly, my faith in Kishimoto has wavered. (perhaps I am somewhat pessimist nowadays...)

But I refuse to give up!
It's not over 'til the fat lady sings!

Besides, I find it very hard to believe that he'll let NaruSaku go to waste for the sake of underdeveloped, poorly written garbage.

[Sigh] Unless his actual aim is/was to please the bigger fandom, but I digress...

They are bigger?

#167 Arabian Maiden

Arabian Maiden

N

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:13 AM

An interisting topic,

I'll never give up on NaruSaku for one thing, I believe that Naruto will never let go of Sakura's hand, I know I won't love.gif

#168 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:16 AM

I don't see why anyone should. If a shy girl you hardly know comes up to you and says i love you, would you say you loved her back when you don't even know her? I'd think not. This whole hinata situation isn't gonna last and although there is a chance of Naruto giving her a chance, there is still a possibly jealous Sakura that may stop it. NaruSaku FTW biggrin.gif

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#169 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE (zman170 @ Apr 5 2009, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't see why anyone should. If a shy girl you hardly know comes up to you and says i love you, would you say you loved her back when you don't even know her? I'd think not. This whole hinata situation isn't gonna last and although there is a chance of Naruto giving her a chance, there is still a possibly jealous Sakura that may stop it. NaruSaku FTW biggrin.gif

Unfortunate, that's not the way it may work.

If a snake man came after you, would you turn into a demon fox with 4 tails? No, but in this fantasy world they do.

Kishimoto could very well be setting up NH, although I doubt it, because it's his manga, and his fantasy world.
If he wanted to have a flying unicorn come out of the ground, and fart out a pebble the hit tobi and killed him, he could do that.

Help me though, if NH happens, I'll lose all respect for this manga.

Edited by Kurosaki Ichigo, 06 April 2009 - 01:23 AM.

#170 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:29 AM

Which is why it would be stupid for kishimoto to do something like that. Although there alot of NaruHina fans and fan who don't care, there are also alot of NaruSaku fans and regular fans who would lose al respect for the manga and stop reading all together. This happening, kishimotos profit will drop drasticly and he already isn't making alot because of people reasing it off the internet. I don't think kishimoto would want to lose money just for the heck of making NaruHina happen.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#171 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (zman170 @ Apr 5 2009, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which is why it would be stupid for kishimoto to do something like that. Although there alot of NaruHina fans and fan who don't care, there are also alot of NaruSaku fans and regular fans who would lose al respect for the manga and stop reading all together. This happening, kishimotos profit will drop drasticly and he already isn't making alot because of people reasing it off the internet. I don't think kishimoto would want to lose money just for the heck of making NaruHina happen.

That's a very good point, and hopefully it's one that Kishimoto thinks very hard about >.>

#172 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE (zman170 @ Apr 5 2009, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly, which is why I highly doubt NH will become cannon.

#173 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:34 AM

QUOTE (zman170 @ Apr 5 2009, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which is why it would be stupid for kishimoto to do something like that. Although there alot of NaruHina fans and fan who don't care, there are also alot of Naruaku fans and regular fans who would lose al respect for the manga and stop reading all together. This happening, kishimotos profit will drop drasticly and he already isn't making alot because of people reasing it off the internet. I don't think kishimoto would want to lose money just for the heck of making NaruHina happen.

The problem is the assumption that doing such a thing would, in fact, cause the predicted result and that he knows it with the degree of certainty necessary to prevent him from doing that.

This same argument was made repeatedly over at NF as a reason why Hinata shouldn't die.

#174 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:12 AM

The problem is the assumption that doing such a thing would, in fact, cause the predicted result and that he knows it with the degree of certainty necessary to prevent him from doing that.

Quite True. However, If he planned getting Naruto and Hinata together for pleasing Hinata fans, I wonder why he never did anything with the pairing in over three hundred chapters. And if his aim was a NaruHina end, regardless if it's popular or not, I wonder why he never developed it, not even when he had the chance, and on the other hand, he constantly inserted bits of NaruSaku fanservice, even when the arc wasn't focused on their relationship or on one of them. naruHina scenes, though, were always one-sided: Hinata fainting when she saw Naruto, Hinata getting worried about Naruto... and he never noticing. Until now. The fewer times it happened, it was all on Hinata's side, never on Naruto's side.

Therefore, I have a very hard believing his intent with the last chapters is nothing but: a) close the last dangling plot thread involving Hinata; b) developing further Naruto/Sakura relationship by creating tension between them, and maybe forcing Sakura to acknowledge her own feelings; and c) driving shipper and pairing fans crazy.

If his intent IS a NaruHina pairing... truthfully, I think he should have made a better work developing it, that's all. Sincerely, I hope that isn't the case, not only because the steady and growing NaruSaku development would be wasted, but also because I'd regard it like a try for pleasing a fanbase -even although it may not be-.

Most NaruHina fans would get INCREDIBLY obnoxious, but if you avoid them, it isn't a big deal.

This same argument was made repeatedly over at NF as a reason why Hinata shouldn't die.

Sigh. Honestly... Sometimes I wish he'd have killed her off. But not back in chapter 437, but off-pannel. And not in battle, but crushed by a falling boulder.

I'm sorry. I have nothing against the character, and I never bash fictional characters, but I was reading several NaruHina comments yesterday in YouTube, comments of some very rude, disrespectful and arrogant NaruHina fans were trolling NaruSaku fanvids (not the NuclearRaven vid), and were insulting everybody, bashing Sakura and over-glorifying Hinata. After reading that heated argument (two thirds of the comments in those NaruSaku fanvids were from NaruHina fans bashing NaruSaku and the vid-maker), I was demanding my fifteen minutes back (and wondering why I didn't stop reading them). Hence, right now I'm a bit touchy and fed up with the over-rating is character is victim from.

Truthfully, I miss the old, good times where I read the volumes, drew my own conclusions and knew NOTHING about the fandom.

And I know it sounds like if I'm whining about something it's my own fault (If I'm so fed up with the fandom, I should stop going to fansites or checking for fanworks, shouldn't I? And I -should- know better than reading comments on YouTube. They always are disrespectful, regardless the subject). I'm sorry about it.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#175 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:17 AM

Those comments on YouTube simply humor me! It's such a laugh seeing people get so worked up over something they have no control over!

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

#176 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Apr 5 2009, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well i guess you right there.... i started thinking about it and the best way to prevent anger on both sides would be to do something equally satisfying for both sides, which would be quite troublesome since NaruSaku and NaruHina fans have such opposite veiws that it would be very difficult to find a compromise between the two parties....

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#177 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:50 PM

A little something I felt I should post here:

That 10th anniversary mini book that was just released has a new relationship chart.

http://mangahelpers....online/20398/29

Unlike the one in the 3rd databook, this one has "likes" going from Naruto to Sakura. (And nothing for her and Sasuke)

#178 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (Daniee @ Apr 6 2009, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That 10th anniversary mini book that was just released has a new relationship chart.

Unlike the one in the 3rd databook, this one has "likes" going from Naruto to Sakura. (And nothing for her and Sasuke)

Oooo, new evidence that people who debate can use wow.png

#179 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (Daniee @ Apr 6 2009, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting. biggrin.gif

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#180 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE (Daniee @ Apr 6 2009, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is it just me or did Hinata not even show up on that page lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users