#1 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:29 AM

Any ex-sasusaku fans here like me? It used to be my otp until I realized Naruto was a better fit for Sakura. I would honestly be so happy if Sasuke and Sakura did become canon but in a different way. If I could rewrite their relationship I'd make sure that: 

• Sasuke realizes Sakura's true potential and usefulness like he did once he joined the war 
  • Sasuke would never talk down upon her nor attack her (even with a genjutsu) 
  • Sakura would speak up more whenever Sasuke was out of his place 
  • Sasuke wouldn't feel the need to lie to her in order to push her away 

So, what do you guys think? If you had control over this relationship what would you do? What would you change? 

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#2 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:52 AM

If I got a chance to rewrite SasuSaku...it wouldn't exist. I'm sorry, but no matter what you do, the relationship won't work.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#3 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:55 AM

Don't hate me everyone but I also used to support Sasusaku. Until I realized he was bad for her and grew the kitten up. Seems 80% of the fandom and Kikitten never did.
Anyway if Kishimoto wanted Sasuke and Sakura together he should've never had them trying to kill eachother. Murdering is the ultimate act to show someone you don't give a crap about them..preservation of life is what love is about. If Kishimoto couldn't control the characters' reactions and tried to excuse Sasuke's meanness as "well that's just the way he is!" then this just further proves why the characters don't go together doesn't it?
So yeah...he should've found more ways to have them interact and not attempt murder and meanness.

#4 Frankie

Frankie

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:59 AM

Sakura would've said 'kitten Sasuke' when he tried to kill her at the Kage Summit. Hell, she would've gotten over him after the first Sasuke Retrieval Arc.

#5 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:09 AM

Sasusaku was the stepping stone for naruhina. Even though SS is a much worse pairing than NH it had more power and chance to destroy Narusaku because it contains the two main characters. Basically naruhina is sasusaku's pimp daddy. You give me what I want I'll give you what you want lol.

#6 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:26 AM

Also, even though I'm a Sasukarin shipper now, I can't lie that taking up for this ship seems hypocritical since Sasuke tried to kill Karin too. But I do feel as though he respects Karin more than he respects Sakura. That's one of the reasons why Sasuke x Sakura doesn't work. There has to be respect coming from both sides. I also don't believe Sakura respects Sasuke's wishes either like Karin does.

Edited by Pix, 29 January 2015 - 02:26 AM.

Squad Roll call :

#7 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:02 AM

1. Don't make naruto love sakura in the first place.
2. Make sasuke think about sakura more than friend.
3. Make sakura challenge sasuke so she doesn't look like miserable beating wife.

In other word use shoujo formula, because that is ss.

#8 redrose3443

redrose3443

Minato's kidnapper >:D

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Music, chocolate, and Fanfiction.

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:26 AM

I'm an ex-ss shipper.

I would have Sasuke actually acknowledge Sakura and not be a complete jackass to her during the war. Then, I would have Sakura tell him off, for all the years he treated her like kitten, after that they could be friends. I don't feel comfortable with them being in a romantic type of relationship, considering he treated her like trash, instead of a kittening human being. However, if they needed to end up together, it would only be after Sasuke spent at least a year trying to win her affections, while Sakura bettered her abilities and not responding.

minato_by_kyutenzuken-d7bt4gj.gif

He's mine, don't touch.

#9 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:17 PM

First off, I'm not really an SS fan, nor have I ever been. In fact, when I first started reading the manga ages ago, I had seen artwork on dA about SS and was surprised to find it was not supported in the series. At all. 

But after reading a few really good SS fanfics, I found that I didn't mind SS...only if Sasuke was changed from the way he was in the manga. Which is sort of like cheating, right! :) 

So here's how the character developement would have to go down, for me, to switch the roles to move Naruto out of the triangle so that Sakura becomes more important to Sasuke, and Sasuke becomes more important to Sakura:

— Sakura doesn't have to change too much. Her normal manga character evolution from crushing young girl to powerful, self-assured young woman is still good. But maybe she's a bit more serious, and sees more clearly the burden Sasuke carries and that Naruto's bond is one of friendship when they were children, but that as an adult things are not so clear cut. So she fills a role of understanding that Naruto cannot fulfill for Sasuke. (This is important because she has to move up to a place of greater importance in Sasuke's life than Naruto.)

— Sasuke has to more sensitive from the beginning. More overtly empathetic towards Sakura, even if it's just a few isolated moments and even if it's just in private. But the basis has to be there from the beginning. Then later, when they cross paths, there has to be some pause in him when it comes to her. She doesn't even have to be aware, but there still has to be a connection he can't seem to shake. Then much later, if they have an aggressive interaction, Sasuke must either hold himself back or step in at last moment to protect her from something/someone else. This is important because it takes the place of the "my body just moved on its own" connection he had to Naruto and shows that Sakura has managed to be the bond Sasuke has kept from Konoha. Not his connection to Naruto. From there, it doesn't matter how Sasuke chooses to acknowledge those feelings, because it's all up from that first turning point of going out of his way to keep her from harm.

— Naruto has to be stuck in his goofy immature powerhouse role. He doesn't develop like Sakura does into a responsible, far-seeing person. Instead, Naruto is the one who still clowns around most of the time and then shows up to blow everyone else away. When the action is over, he goes back to his loveable goofy self who wants everyone to be friends. It becomes clear that Naruto really doesn't understand the burden Sasuke carries the way Sakura does. (Again, important for switching the roles around so that Sakura is more important.)

— Hinata would serve as a sort of quiet, gentle minder for Naruto, off-setting his brash silliness with her gentle ways. Both her and Naruto would be more immature, less dynamic characters than SS, in this scenario.

So the reason I think it has to go this route is that there is no convincing way to make SS work otherwise. I've read a few fics where Naruto comes on the scene as himself, without taking a step back from the triangle, and he simply overwhelms the dynamic. There is no convincing reason for Sakura not to be with Naruto! 

I know this is detailed, but I've thought a lot about it due to writing fics, and making sure the relationships are convincing. It's almost like connecting the dots. Once the foundation is there, the true love can be hidden or can take a while to develop, but it's always there. The two characters are always growing towards it, even when they think they're not.

Another thing, I am much more comfortable with envisioning SS than I am NH. SS is based on evolution of characters, with tragic events shaping their lives. Sakura betters herself to reach out to Sasuke, and Sasuke could find unexpected healing of his wounds with Sakura's loyalty and compassion. If written well enough, they could fit together.

But Naruto and Hinata would never fit. Hinata is not a character based on change or development. She is a stereotype. It's not the same as changing Sasuke. Hinata would have to be a completely different character, not just a few tweaks to the storyline or a little more depth of character. Take Hinata out of this story and put her in any other one, and she'd still be a background character. Simply put, she'd have to have Sakura's character development to make her be a lead. 

So it's much easier for me to envision and even read SS fics than it is NH. As long as Sasuke is more compassionate, I can read it. I guess it's like a Beauty and the Beast story vs. a self-insert. NH stories invariable seem to be about Hinata or those who want to be like her!  :zaru:

#10 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:23 PM

First off, I'm not really an SS fan, nor have I ever been. In fact, when I first started reading the manga ages ago, I had seen artwork on dA about SS and was surprised to find it was not supported in the series. At all. 

But after reading a few really good SS fanfics, I found that I didn't mind SS...only if Sasuke was changed from the way he was in the manga. Which is sort of like cheating, right! :) 

So here's how the character developement would have to go down, for me, to switch the roles to move Naruto out of the triangle so that Sakura becomes more important to Sasuke, and Sasuke becomes more important to Sakura:

— Sakura doesn't have to change too much. Her normal manga character evolution from crushing young girl to powerful, self-assured young woman is still good. But maybe she's a bit more serious, and sees more clearly the burden Sasuke carries and that Naruto's bond is one of friendship when they were children, but that as an adult things are not so clear cut. So she fills a role of understanding that Naruto cannot fulfill for Sasuke. (This is important because she has to move up to a place of greater importance in Sasuke's life than Naruto.)

— Sasuke has to more sensitive from the beginning. More overtly empathetic towards Sakura, even if it's just a few isolated moments and even if it's just in private. But the basis has to be there from the beginning. Then later, when they cross paths, there has to be some pause in him when it comes to her. She doesn't even have to be aware, but there still has to be a connection he can't seem to shake. Then much later, if they have an aggressive interaction, Sasuke must either hold himself back or step in at last moment to protect her from something/someone else. This is important because it takes the place of the "my body just moved on its own" connection he had to Naruto and shows that Sakura has managed to be the bond Sasuke has kept from Konoha. Not his connection to Naruto. From there, it doesn't matter how Sasuke chooses to acknowledge those feelings, because it's all up from that first turning point of going out of his way to keep her from harm.

— Naruto has to be stuck in his goofy immature powerhouse role. He doesn't develop like Sakura does into a responsible, far-seeing person. Instead, Naruto is the one who still clowns around most of the time and then shows up to blow everyone else away. When the action is over, he goes back to his loveable goofy self who wants everyone to be friends. It becomes clear that Naruto really doesn't understand the burden Sasuke carries the way Sakura does. (Again, important for switching the roles around so that Sakura is more important.)

— Hinata would serve as a sort of quiet, gentle minder for Naruto, off-setting his brash silliness with her gentle ways. Both her and Naruto would be more immature, less dynamic characters than SS, in this scenario.

So the reason I think it has to go this route is that there is no convincing way to make SS work otherwise. I've read a few fics where Naruto comes on the scene as himself, without taking a step back from the triangle, and he simply overwhelms the dynamic. There is no convincing reason for Sakura not to be with Naruto! 

I know this is detailed, but I've thought a lot about it due to writing fics, and making sure the relationships are convincing. It's almost like connecting the dots. Once the foundation is there, the true love can be hidden or can take a while to develop, but it's always there. The two characters are always growing towards it, even when they think they're not.

Another thing, I am much more comfortable with envisioning SS than I am NH. SS is based on evolution of characters, with tragic events shaping their lives. Sakura betters herself to reach out to Sasuke, and Sasuke could find unexpected healing of his wounds with Sakura's loyalty and compassion. If written well enough, they could fit together.

But Naruto and Hinata would never fit. Hinata is not a character based on change or development. She is a stereotype. It's not the same as changing Sasuke. Hinata would have to be a completely different character, not just a few tweaks to the storyline or a little more depth of character. Take Hinata out of this story and put her in any other one, and she'd still be a background character. Simply put, she'd have to have Sakura's character development to make her be a lead. 

So it's much easier for me to envision and even read SS fics than it is NH. As long as Sasuke is more compassionate, I can read it. I guess it's like a Beauty and the Beast story vs. a self-insert. NH stories invariable seem to be about Hinata or those who want to be like her!  :zaru:

This is so good. And it's because SS fanfic writers are better at writing romance than Kishimoto himself!  

And I'm so glad I'm not the only one who an envision SS more than NH. I just..cannot fathom NH. The couple is so bland and undeveloped that it still seems so impossible for me. At least Sakura and Sasuke spent time together. 

But yeah, another thing that would have made SasuSaku better is if Sakura actually knew about Sasuke's background. That would've changed the game lol.

Squad Roll call :

#11 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:19 PM

In order for SS to work you have to change their characters; Sasuke to be less cruel and more understanding and Sakura to be less naive and more understanding. But why would a boy who had his entire family killed and is obsessed with revenge be interested in a girlfriend in the first place? Kishimoto would have to tweak his story IMO.

#12 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Writing, MMO's, Games

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:48 PM

Maybe have at least ONE scene where he is with his family.

Guy probably doesn't even call.

#13 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:59 PM

Maybe have at least ONE scene where he is with his family.

Guy probably doesn't even call.

If Kishimoto had shown a flashback where child-Sakura interacted with Sasuke and his family when they were still alive that would've helped a lot. If Sakura was really "for Sasuke's use" as that scumbag editor said then they should've tied her more into the Uchiha storyline rather than Naruto's Hokage and Minato/Kushina background.

#14 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:26 PM

This is an interesting topic.. I mean, if SS were going to be canon anyway, there is a lot of changes to do. But... it won't be the same Sasuke at all. It would make a better Sakura but Sasuke wouldn't be Sasuke anymore. He would be a different/new character.

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#15 Niky

Niky

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:47 PM

tumblr_m6i75j6WXs1qfph1s.gif

giphy.gif

But you see Tricksie... YOU know how to write characters and plot.

Kishimoto and SP not!

Edited by Niky, 30 January 2015 - 02:51 PM.

“A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.”

G. K. Chesterton

tumblr_o3tosabkSm1untbo7o4_r2_250.gif

Their first encounter...

#16 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:55 PM

I would never re-write SS, in fact I would have never created Sasuke at all. Because the Naruto story, the plot would have been better without him. Also I would have never created Hinata because it would have prevented Pierot and the otaku population from going gaga over. Its not my fault the obsessive Hinata fandom has made me hate her.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#17 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:17 PM

I would never re-write SS, in fact I would have never created Sasuke at all. Because the Naruto story, the plot would have been better without him. Also I would have never created Hinata because it would have prevented Pierot and the otaku population from going gaga over. Its not my fault the obsessive Hinata fandom has made me hate her.

I know how you feel. I used to like Hinata but her recent promotion to love interest/heroine has seriously made me lose my support for her. Sakura did not deserve to get replaced like that.

#18 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:51 PM

I personally think the story would have been interesting had Sakura killed Sasuke in order to defend Naruto. Course I wouldn't of made Sasuke the most powerful sob in the story along with Naruto either.

#19 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:19 PM

I personally think the story would have been interesting had Sakura killed Sasuke in order to defend Naruto. Course I wouldn't of made Sasuke the most powerful sob in the story along with Naruto either.

I am of the opinion that sasuke shouldnt have died because it would be only a repeating of the past, but I also think he should have paid for his crimes,

I also didn't want him to give up in changing the shinobi world, it would be a good thing if he and Naruto achieved it together but with other means instead of transfomring the entire world into a fascist state

@for SS to happen

Well, you need to change characters,

- make Sakura not a whiny weak and insecure girl when she is near Sasuke, make her stand up to him and dont accept his BS.

-You need to also change Sasuke, and make Sakura matter to him almost as much as Naruto did.

Edited by Nar123, 30 January 2015 - 09:30 PM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#20 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:38 PM

I am of the opinion that sasuke shouldnt have died because it would be only a repeating of the past, but I also think he should have paid for his crimes,

I also didn't want thim to give up in changing the shinobi world, it would be a good thing if he and Naruto achieved it together

@for SS to happen

Well, you need to change characters,

- make Sakura not a whiny weak and insecure girl when she is near Sasuke, make her stand up to him and dont accept his BS.

-You need to also change Sasuke, and make Sakura matter to him almost as much as Naruto did.

How would it repeat history though? From what was actually shown Madara was never killed outright. Hell had the 1st Hokage actually killed the SOB none of the problems of the manga would have been created. lol

Sasuke was a villain, should have stayed a villain, and this story should have been about actually growing up, and putting the needs of the world above your own selfish desires. In this case it should have been Naruto having to put Sasuke down because of how evil he had truly become, overcoming his desire to "bring Sasuke back no matter what" and therefor defending the rest of humanity. Much like his Father before him, who choose to sacrifice his life, his wife's life, and the happiness that  his entire family would have together for the good of the village.

The big problem with this story, is it started with Naruto defending the natural rights of every person who could dream big dreams, and achieve them threw hard work. Remember the fight with Neji? Instead in the end, and especially with this stupid f@ckin movie, that entire idea was flipped on its head. It instead became about how Naruto and Sasuke were the chosen ones (a title Hinata would later also get cause f@ck it she deserve it I guess) who had to live up to an ancient prophcey. In other words they were destined to do what they did, they were put on this planet for that sole purpose. They had no choice in the matter, they simply had to fulfill what the older generation expected of them.

In the end the fatalism that Neji argued in favor of in part one, was proven to be real. Part one Nartuo was proven to be a fool, and in an ironic twist, his first convert (Neji) died for abandoning his original ideals. There is no natural rights in the Narutoverse. You don't get to decide what you want to be, you are born with a destiny and must fullfil it, and in the end no matter what you've done you'll be rewarded.

Sasuke got the girl, and no punishment. Naruto got a title that no longer matters, is a military leader in a world that has no use for militaristic talents or ideals, a silver medal trophy wife who won him by following her destiny, and is so disconnected from the person he was in the beginning that he can't even empathy with his own son who wants nothing more then to have his father's love..... Young Naruto grew up with a father he didn't really know, who ultimately for him was just a statue carved from a mountain that looks down on everyone.... Burrito (or as I like calling him Soft Taco Boy) basically has the same life. His father lives above everyone in a tower, talks about grand ideals, but doesn't even know how to treat his child as a human being.

The sad thing is Kishimoto doesn't seem to even understand what he has done. And if he does he doesn't care, because for him Sasuke was the true "pure" one in this story. What a load of kitten.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sasusaku, canon, ships

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users