146 replies to this topic

#21 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:26 PM

Oh, that's right, I have an question, may I use other pictures and images for reference, such as poses and background?

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#22 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:42 PM

Using other pictures, such as photos, is OK for reference. happy.gif You're not allowed to trace or copy the works of other artists.

Stock photos can be an excellent resource for poses and backgrounds, here's one I recommend: http://www.sxc.hu/

#23 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Sep 13 2011, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Using other pictures, such as photos, is OK for reference. happy.gif You're not allowed to trace or copy the works of other artists.

Stock photos can be an excellent resource for poses and backgrounds, here's one I recommend: http://www.sxc.hu/

When you say copy, you mean that it can't look too similar to the original, right?

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#24 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Sep 13 2011, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When you say copy, you mean that it can't look too similar to the original, right?

That's correct. It's OK to use for reference, but you must make the work your own. For example, say that there's a pose you really like in a picture. You can use the pose as a reference (how the arms, legs, torso etc. are positioned and drawn), but you must draw it yourself. If you copied how they were dressed, their expressions, etc, then that would be too much of a copy and would break the rules. Ripping off, copy/paste, and tracing are definite no-nos.

You can use several sources for reference (a pose from one, a background from another, and so on), and combine them to make your own original work. happy.gif

#25 redkunai66

redkunai66

chopstick stilts

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (Fox-And-Flower @ Sep 12 2011, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, Thank you very much happy.gif

I'll make the file smaller, just in case wink.gif

Damn your fast! XD lovely work tho- saw it on tumblr and than DA biggrin.gif

this is just a question- but can we inculde halloween under the fall theme? i'm totally not looking for an excuse to draw the two dressed as another character.....

#26 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:57 PM

Yes, Halloween (and Thanksgiving) fits under the autumn theme. Pretty much anything that's commonly associated with autumn fits.

#27 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:26 PM

Its times like this when I wish I could draw. Or write. Damn I'm a creative idiot. At least I get to admire other people's work!

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#28 Fox-And-Flower

Fox-And-Flower

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (redkunai66 @ Sep 14 2011, 04:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn your fast! XD lovely work tho- saw it on tumblr and than DA biggrin.gif

this is just a question- but can we inculde halloween under the fall theme? i'm totally not looking for an excuse to draw the two dressed as another character.....

lol, yeah.... I almost never participate in contests because i never have time... now that i have a few days of free time, i'm going nuts!
It's not so much because i want to win, I just want to keep drawing these two as much as i can. Also, autumn is my favorite season, so I cant possibly turn this down! XD

oooooo, I cant wait to see what you come up with~ wow.png

#29 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Sep 14 2011, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, Halloween (and Thanksgiving) fits under the autumn theme. Pretty much anything that's commonly associated with autumn fits.

I've added those to the first post now. happy.gif

#30 redkunai66

redkunai66

chopstick stilts

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Sep 14 2011, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

SWEEEEEEET XD

QUOTE (Fox-And-Flower @ Sep 14 2011, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol, yeah.... I almost never participate in contests because i never have time... now that i have a few days of free time, i'm going nuts!
It's not so much because i want to win, I just want to keep drawing these two as much as i can. Also, autumn is my favorite season, so I cant possibly turn this down! XD

oooooo, I cant wait to see what you come up with~ wow.png

haha- i love autume too- but yeah- i'm drawing for pretty much the same reason- there's not enough narusaku lov :S (and i get practice out of it! )

#31 Blazing CobaltX

Blazing CobaltX

Yuri Trainer on Fire

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Pokémon(OMFG, what am I doing here then?! ^^'), Phoenix Wright, Naruto(Ofc), and K-ON.

Other shizzle:
    Drawing(Which doesn't mean I'm good at it!), playing Pokémon(Ofc)(Which isn't possible anymore... TT_TT) and several other games, and some other things(Like watching anime, of course!).

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:17 AM

Yup, I'll join, I have a good idea in my head. smile.gif

#32 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:08 AM

I've written one tonight. Autumn is my favorite season. I'll post my entry soon.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#33 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:55 AM

I recently decided to try out writing fanfiction so maybe I will write a short one-shot if I get a good idea.

#34 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (SakuraUzumaki417 @ Sep 21 2011, 05:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't get it! I've got a great idea for this contest! When I draw it, how do I put it online? And ummmm, I just want to enter for fun not for the prizes, so is that ok? And lastly this is my first time drawing fan art and doing this.

To get your fanart onto your PC, you need a scanner or multifunction printer. If you don't have one, maybe a friend or relative of yours has one? happy.gif If not, you can try your local library or cybercafé, or even your school, and ask permission to use their scanner if they have one. I'm sure they'll be happy to help you if you're not sure how to use it.

Once you have it scanned, you just need to save it as a JPG or PNG, and upload it to the Gallery by clicking on "new image" in the contest category. You just have to make sure that the image file size isn't too large. smile.gif

#35 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (SakuraUzumaki417 @ Sep 20 2011, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't get it! I've got a great idea for this contest! When I draw it, how do I put it online? And ummmm, I just want to enter for fun not for the prizes, so is that ok? And lastly this is my first time drawing fan art and doing this.

Of course, its ok, its all for good fun and it shows awesome creativity. Unfortunately, I can't draw or write coherently, so I'll be mostly looking at other people's stuff, but gl to you all. I look forward to applauding at your work.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#36 NaruDeeds

NaruDeeds

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:00 AM

Story submitted biggrin.gif

#37 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE (NaruDeeds @ Sep 23 2011, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Story submitted biggrin.gif

Yay, finally there's one in the folder. smile.gif I should be posting mine later on today.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#38 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:42 PM

I'll probably come up with something this weekend, I just got to sort out some of the details for it. biggrin.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#39 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:19 PM

Finally submitted my piece to the autumn contest: Autumn Sky biggrin.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h