82 replies to this topic

#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:18 PM

Oh so that's why these chapters are so poorly written. They were translated by OrganocDinosaur.

Summary time...*looks at the cover page and shudders in disgust* Well were off to a good start. Chapter 19 "Puppet"Mini-Gun." God damn it more puppets is Salad going to be destined to fight only puppet from now on like her mother if they want to make her come off as cool.

The cover page...well it Out right says "Passionate+Shinobi" with...You know what a picture worth a thousand words..damn can't..wait. There we go.:DRjDOgWVoAApidE.jpg

OK, when they leave "The Institute" they give them the manuals for their new weapons as well as contact information. When Future Salad suggest them taking more of their gadgets, Boruto says if he takes anymore it will hinder their movements...don't they have storage scroll or have all scrolls just turn into USB Sticks? kitten this manga. The sleazy inventor is coming along in a battle suit. I can't even tell what they are ripping off anymore because it so generic. Also for some reason a battle suit was originally made for nursing and Rehabilitative care.

Salad and the Clone get to talking. Clone wonders if Bolt is popular with girls. Salad says the he can make fast friends with anyone, so another aspect they took for Naruto that just make everything easy for him. Wohoo. Oh she brings up that she is attracted to Bolt making her Salad's rival. Well at least she is more direct, and forward then Hinata.

They arrive at the Blimp...oh they brought the dog along. Oh the puppet are things in cloaks that are going to be fighting them this chapter. Why do they look like aliens? Bolt uses a lighting move again, Salad fire, and Cups wind. The Puppet are scientific ninja weaponry, autonomous puppets -so robots-, and are able to produce fireball attacks. The sleazy inventor uses what looks like the Sage's Black orbs to adsorb the robots fire attacks until they run off of energy.

Oh it turns that Scientific Ninja Weapon are the proprietary of the leaf village, so no one else is allowed to make any discoveries other then them because they have copyright. Is this suppose to be a time of peace and unity through the various countries? Turns out at one point Sleazy inventor was put under genjutsu and leaked information...are they talking about what happened at the start of the arc or something else earlier?

Oh Konohamaru isn't dead. Just hiding out in a cave. Konohamaru and Sleazy inventor talk about the black box in the ship, and Konohamaru is about to give him his "scroll memory." Then Ao appears at the entrance to the cave. Oh he is know as "the Byakugan Assassin," Fourth Mizukage right hand man in the Bingo book. ...No wait the idiot got the number wrong Mei was the Fifth Mizukage. HAHAHA! He pulls out a minigun! He looks like a kitten cyper punk mobster!

Merry Christmas everyone. I was able to do this before Christmas Eve, so it doesn't ruin the holiday.  

Please do not like this post. I do not want that image in my like section.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 27 December 2017 - 06:53 PM.

#2 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:55 PM

Burrito doesn't seem like the type who can make friends with anyone  :umm: Forget taking after his dad, he takes after his mom in the fact that they're both Mary-Sues :zaru: 
"perfect" at everything and loved by everyone without much work. 

Edited by Tsuki Hoshino, 24 December 2017 - 12:44 AM.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#3 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:42 AM

Burrito doesn't seem like the type who can make friends with anyone  :umm:Forget taking after his dad, he takes after his mom in the fact that they're both Mary-Sues :zaru: 
"perfect" at everything and loved by everyone without much work. 

With Kishimoto gone. The restraints for this manga as well as any experience writing has been removed. It's only going to get worse from here on out.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 December 2017 - 01:04 AM.

#4 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 02:15 AM

tumblr_p1e7tnfq001w5bn3no1_1280.png

Recycling Naruto and Sasuke kiss , continue to exposing salad skin , and now this .... I think these people is .... too far gone.

81941964.gif

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#5 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 02:26 AM

That has Code Geass Season 2 silliness written all over it.

#6 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 02:42 AM

Recycling Naruto and Sasuke kiss , continue to exposing salad skin , and now this .... I think these people is .... too far gone.

God....it looks like a Metal Gear Solid Rip-off

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#7 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 02:52 AM

:manhug: 

81941964.gif

Is this really a manga about ninjas? Because it doesn't with Ao doing a bad impersonation of the terminator. Seriously what is the author smoking? :facepalm:

Edited by Gravenimage, 24 December 2017 - 02:53 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#8 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 08:45 PM

81941964.gif

My only reaction to that...is this

tumblr_p7wkb2FRTk1r3exqoo1_500.gif

#9 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:53 PM

God....it looks like a Metal Gear Solid Rip-off

Yeah I agree James man this is bad and I do mean bad, but pro-enders do care they eat this kitten up after all.

#10 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 10:34 PM

Yeah I agree James man this is bad and I do mean bad, but pro-enders do care they eat this kitten up after all.

Actually, as bad things are now, this is actually pretty mild...some dude with a minigun. Either the author and editors don't really care right now, as they know that their crap will never reach the top of popularity, and are just looking to give Shonen Jump an excuse to end their manga. Or they really are out of their minds.

Edit: Some of you may be too young, but have any of you seen the movie by Mel Brooks the producers. The overall plot was about making a money laundering scheme using a failed play about Hitler.

Well, this is basically what it's starting to feel like. Pull as many things that will insult the fans in order to get the series canceled.

Edited by Azor Ahai, 24 December 2017 - 10:39 PM.

#11 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:36 AM

Actually, as bad things are now, this is actually pretty mild...some dude with a minigun. Either the author and editors don't really care right now, as they know that their crap will never reach the top of popularity, and are just looking to give Shonen Jump an excuse to end their manga. Or they really are out of their minds.

Edit: Some of you may be too young, but have any of you seen the movie by Mel Brooks the producers. The overall plot was about making a money laundering scheme using a failed play about Hitler.

Well, this is basically what it's starting to feel like. Pull as many things that will insult the fans in order to get the series canceled.

It pretty much makes sense. Pierot wants to kill this series and they don't care anymore. They know it's not popular, they know it sucks, they know it will NEVER bring them tons of cash, they know they kitten up bad by convincing Kishi to make a NH/SS ending, and now they're trying to come up with anything until the fans finally had it that they no longer follow this kitten series.

Best way to describe it is. Think of the Naruto manga as a horse and with each plothole/asspull made it will start getting sick until Kishi the cowboy puts the final nail on the coffin killing his horse with ch 700 (being represented as a gun). Then a rich guy in a expensive suit, representing Pierot waving a NH flag starts poking the dead horse with a stick (the stick being Boruto). Basically that's what Pierot's doing poking on the poor dead horse until it decomposes completely that is nothing but dust and bones just for the sake of squeezing money from the franchise. But that's not working so what to do but to ruin the series without holding back. I'd say 2018 will be the year when Boruto will finally meet it's end (I am praying it does). 

Edited by Gravenimage, 25 December 2017 - 02:41 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#12 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 03:11 AM

It pretty much makes sense. Pierot wants to kill this series and they don't care anymore. They know it's not popular, they know it sucks, they know it will NEVER bring them tons of cash, they know they kitten up bad by convincing Kishi to make a NH/SS ending, and now they're trying to come up with anything until the fans finally had it that they no longer follow this kitten series.

Best way to describe it is. Think of the Naruto manga as a horse and with each plothole/asspull made it will start getting sick until Kishi the cowboy puts the final nail on the coffin killing his horse with ch 700 (being represented as a gun). Then a rich guy in a expensive suit, representing Pierot waving a NH flag starts poking the dead horse with a stick (the stick being Boruto). Basically that's what Pierot's doing poking on the poor dead horse until it decomposes completely that is nothing but dust and bones just for the sake of squeezing money from the franchise. But that's not working so what to do but to ruin the series without holding back. I'd say 2018 will be the year when Boruto will finally meet it's end (I am praying it does). 

I had my doubts, but Boruto just pulled a light saber out of the lab technician's buttocks...soooo

#13 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 04:29 AM

81941964.gif

FFS, that's a real page of manga?!  :lmao:

DAYYYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM, they went full fanfiction  :lmao:

#14 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 04:57 AM

OK everyone has shown that they hate the mini-gin. Yet, no one has explained why it sucks, allow me to try. 

Guns are the great equalizer, it doesn't matter how physically power, skill, or well armed the wielder's opponent is, all the person with the gun has to do is aim & pull the trigger in order to kill them. So at the end of this chapter all Ao has to do at this very moment is pull the trigger for his mini-gun spray the general area the team is with bullets in order to end this series. Killing the main character, his "mentor," his love interest, his "Q," a dog, some other schmuck, and his professional butt-kisser I mean best friend all in under a minute's time. They are in a cave with no where to run bunch up together at the moment. He got them dead to rights'. Which is cancelled out by the next point.

In shounen a gun is the most useless weapon one can have unless it wielded by the ultimate badass. Since the gun is the great equalizer and anyone no matter how weak can kill anyone no matter how powerful. So what better way to show how skilled a character is then making bullets completely useless against them? The problem is that this has become so common in shounen the guns by default have become useless against shounen characters. The only in rare exception are gun useful most often in the hands of ultra badass that make the guns do impossible feats such as Vash from Trigun, Alucard from Hellsing, Cross from D gray Man, & so on. So we know since this is shounen -and they are not killing off almost the entire main cast instantly in chapter 20- Boruto & the other are in no true threat, and Ao will defeated quickly, also maybe redeemed befitting his status as an arc villain.

Finally, the inclusion of guns has finally completely broken the ninja feel of the ninja world. There is a reason kishimoto removed guns from this world after the wave arc. It is hard to make battles involving ninjustu, taijutsu, and genjutsu feel epic when in the back of your mind your thinking, "all they have to do is bring a gun, shoot them, and that would be the end of it." So these idiots have brought in something that breaks the feel of their world, that will often be useless unless the plot allows it to actually kill someone.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 25 December 2017 - 02:22 PM.

#15 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 01:30 PM

Exactly. Add all that in and you can TELL they are not even trying anymore. They are trying to make the manga COOL just for the sake of "being cool". There is no meaning to it AND it is failing

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#16 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:03 PM

@Bail

I don't hate the Minigun itself , what i hate is why using that thing in Ninja theme story?

In my opinion Japanese people are the type of people who hold their tradition , yukata , firework , samurai , ninja , that kind of stuff. But this boruto manga scream "LET'S EMBRACE WESTERN TRADITION!!" all over the place , the modern stuff , the science/lab , light saber , and now a gattling gun , it's like they are saying "kitten tradition , we must embrace western tradition". Maybe i'm wrong but that is how it looks to me.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#17 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 05:18 PM

OR, like I said, They are just throwing in things to try TOO hard to be cool :mellow:

Edited by Phantom_999, 25 December 2017 - 07:51 PM.

#18 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 07:03 PM

OR, like I said, They are just trowing in things to try TOO hard to be cool :mellow:

I think is mostly that.

But we must also consider the possibility that the sudden gun is a message on how technology can save a life, but can also take it.

That seems to be the overall theme of this arc.

#19 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 07:21 PM

Oh right that is one of the theme of this arc, the other bring about forgiveness or something. When a story has monthly gaps -and in general isn't that interesting to being with- it's kind of hard to remember stuff like that.

#20 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 08:01 PM

I think is mostly that.

But we must also consider the possibility that the sudden gun is a message on how technology can save a life, but can also take it.

That seems to be the overall theme of this arc.

I don't think that is the theme personally because all the new tech shown last chapter were military weapons, and from what a call of the items listed there was only one thing that would "save a life". A cream of some sort, was it, that could heal wounds? But the point is that seems VERY CHEAP when Konoha has already been the premiere village that introduced the medical corps. on the battle field. Plus all other items that were not weapons? Half arsed ripoff gimmicks that just let others do what "Ninja's should already know how do" (i.e.wall climbing gear) SO unless they are thinking  of bringing civilians to fight, Ninjas have no use for any of those things. In fact based on what the chapter is shown, By that logic it is not showing the life saving properties of technology, it is encouraging those with no formal chakra training to "go to war".

Edited by Phantom_999, 25 December 2017 - 08:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users