3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3202 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:41 AM

He is his other son. Sabia Asahi, who just defeated him 5 to 0 in a cook off. So this is probably the arc where we will learn about Souma family's past.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 13 July 2018 - 10:44 AM.

#3203 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:45 AM

Well, my expectations have just plummeted........ Still love this series but the writing has just gone even more off the walls :ermm:

#3204 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:01 AM

This is a because they don't know what to do after Souma became first seat. He has reached the top of the school by the end of his first year. Other then defeating his father (which going by this chapter after he defeats his brother he can accomplish,) and getting Erina to say his food is delicious (which only a bit more interaction with her would probably thaw her enough to say that) there is no other objective left for him. They wanted him to defeat those third years, but now the school doesn't really offer anymore challenges, nor do most of the students in the school anymore.

#3205 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:39 AM

So they went down this route? Out of all the possible outcome, this one was probably the worst they could have taken. You know the manga is hitting an all time low when they make a shocking revelation and your reaction instead of surprise or intrigue is 'Really? This is the old trope they decided to go for.'

This is what happens when you introduce a big boss too early in the series, and your MC is obviously not even close to defeating him, and instead of building them up and delaying the final confrontation you go straight ahead with their confrontation. this is the same problem Bleach suffered with, they went straight from revealing Eizen as a OP boss to a arc where Orihime is kidnapped so Aizen's confrontation could not be delayed any further, and by the end of it, Ichigo had to be OP'd to a point it made no sense and any boss afterwards would pale in comparison.

They've actually gone for the worst route as well because Jouchirou was meant to be the final boss (or second to last, depending on where Erina fell in to the mix) but having Jouchirou defeated now, means that once Souma defeats Asahi, he's surpassed his father by defeating someone who is stronger than him, though it may be that Jouchirou allowed himself to be defeated because he wanted the two kids to meet, and hoped the younger brother could teach the older brother a lessen. It's another popular trope so it wouldn't surprise me

I also wouldn't be surprised one bit if we find Asami making a return as someone who helps Souma and friends after he has a change of heart. Because if you are going unoriginal idea's might as well throw in the old, enemy is now a ally trope in there as well.

Edited by harry4e, 13 July 2018 - 11:46 AM.

iAnby7W.gif

#3206 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:56 PM

Well, one more step to add to that OP boss introduced and MC goes against him too early is that , if the story continues afterwards. but other than that completely agreed, although it is not the idea that Soma now has to fight an even more OP enemy that is the problem. It is that it is "an evil brother he never knew he had JUST FOR THE SAKE OF  SHOCK VALUE" instead of build up or even and logical sense unless he (the evil Saiba) was adopted by Jouichiro. 

Edited by Phantom_999, 14 July 2018 - 12:20 PM.

#3207 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:32 PM

I wonder what they are going to do for the third year.

#3208 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 12:39 PM

The other son appears as a lecture, and tell the whole line his father couldn't tell him in the first chapter with Megumi sitting right next to him.

I'm getting the gut feeling in this arc they are now trying to make Megumi the love interest now

#3209 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:02 PM

The other son appears as a lecture, and tell the whole line his father couldn't tell him in the first chapter with Megumi sitting right next to him.

I'm getting the gut feeling in this arc they are now trying to make Megumi the love interest now

I don't think that is the case, if it's the case of Megumi she already likes Souma's cooking, and we already know that it is Erina who he wants to cook for, though at the moment it's for acknowledgement rather than because he loves her.

I was hoping when they announced a new teacher was starting that it would not be the obvious person, and maybe just maybe it would end up being someone else, maybe even a student of Souma's mother, that would have been the more interesting route to take, but so far this arc is following the guidelines from 'the Dummies guide to popular Manga tropes' to a T.

iAnby7W.gif

#3210 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:03 PM

I don't think that is the case, if it's the case of Megumi she already likes Souma's cooking, and we already know that it is Erina who he wants to cook for, though at the moment it's for acknowledgement rather than because he loves her.

I was hoping when they announced a new teacher was starting that it would not be the obvious person, and maybe just maybe it would end up being someone else, maybe even a student of Souma's mother, that would have been the more interesting route to take, but so far this arc is following the guidelines from 'the Dummies guide to popular Manga tropes' to a T.

So true on your first paragraph, Harry, but funny enough, Erina DOES acknowledge Soma's cooking, she just hasn't said it to his face because she's had more important stuff to do, like the last arc when she had to get everyone ready for what lay ahead of them, and now her work as both a student and headmistress of Otsuki.

I will admit, I am kinda surprised though at how last week escalated. But see for yourself what this week drops for us ;) 

#3211 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:47 PM

This manga is just becoming a comedy as each new manga gets released, this week was hilarious, and I'm not sure if it's intentional or not. So I wasn't completely off, Souma reconfirms it is Erina he wants to cook for above everyone else, though he still hasn't realised the true reason for this, he still thinks it's acknowledgement.

The reveal about Saiba's other son was anti-climatic, I thought there might be something more to it, but at least they didn't go down the route of him being a illegitimate child, didn't think that would be the case but you can never be sure.

I'm starting to think this whole thing might be a set-up from Jouchirou to test his son for some unknown reason, maybe he feels that reaching the number one seat will dull his sensors, and he'll get complacent. who knows.

iAnby7W.gif

#3212 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:25 PM

WELL WELL, has this week become a new stepping stone for Sorina!? :lol:  :wub: I mean seriously, Soma just shouting Erina and her tongue are HIS!!?? Now obviously he means that he will get Erina to acknowledge his cooking above all else and no one is gonna take that away from him, especially since Suzuki(?) is acting all smug and stating that only he can satisfy Erina with his cooking. But honestly, that's about as romantic as we're gonna get from an a-sexual like him :chuckle:

#3213 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:38 PM

WELL WELL, has this week become a new stepping stone for Sorina!? :lol:  :wub: I mean seriously, Soma just shouting Erina and her tongue are HIS!!?? Now obviously he means that he will get Erina to acknowledge his cooking above all else and no one is gonna take that away from him, especially since Suzuki(?) is acting all smug and stating that only he can satisfy Erina with his cooking. But honestly, that's about as romantic as we're gonna get from an a-sexual like him :chuckle:

XD As I said, Phantom, it's funny Soma is so desperate to wanna get Erina to acknowledge his cooking, but the thing is she has mentally already done so after she tried it a second time, she just had something more important to do than to feed Soma's ego so she didn't get the chance to tell him aloud.

#3214 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:19 PM

Well sorry for getting worried after that scene it would be awkward for other pairing to happen.

#3215 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 02:34 AM

Well that is true but as we learned a "long long time ago", hints still can mean nothing :mellow:  :argh: but of course this one seems pretty set  :D

XD As I said, Phantom, it's funny Soma is so desperate to wanna get Erina to acknowledge his cooking, but the thing is she has mentally already done so after she tried it a second time, she just had something more important to do than to feed Soma's ego so she didn't get the chance to tell him aloud.

Yeah but regarding those two, for Erina to admit she likes Soma's food would be akin to a love confession with how it is set up so it won't happen til later I guess but I SHALL SAVOR this chapter :hehehe:  :fu: For a long time

Edited by Phantom_999, 05 September 2018 - 09:32 PM.

#3216 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:36 PM

I think Jouichiro lost on purpose , he didn't bring his full skill to his plate he is holding back and i don't if he can't because there is obviously a history between him and asahi that going to be explain latter or there might be other reason like maybe asahi have some connection with souma's mom? ...

And about Souma want acknowledge from Erina , i think he already got it. His food even that first rice during the entrance exam is good enough to make her body and mind react. Erina always looks like she's in heaven whenever she eat Souma's food and her mind is constantly thinking about him , but that is it , unfortunately his food still not good enough to make her tell the truth and said it was delicious right ? she still said it was disgusting. Of course this is echi genre , i can only explain it in a .... naughty way , her body is already accept but her mind still able to barely stay in denial mode.

Souma's feed Megumi his disgusting nasty octopus tentacle. But he never did that to Erina ... (yet , maybe in the future xD).

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#3217 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:30 PM

We can tell Souma lost this battle just from the stakes. That's one of the major flaws with a manga like this, if the stakes are high the hero cannot lose, but if the stakes are non-existent or of low value, you know out Hero is going to lose.

iAnby7W.gif

#3218 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 09:39 PM

Also because the guy just worfed Joichiro, so if Soma WINS then that effect was just cheapened :mellow: not to mention pointless

#3219 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:48 PM

Hahaha , the generic win and lose formula , Souma finish and present his dish first .... so naturally he will lose. Erina still out cold (that's the author way to stop her from interfering with the match , almost reminds me of that dreadful naruto vs sasuke last fight , the author also knock out Sakura unconscious to prevent her from interfering), unless there's some sort of interference or miracle , Souma 100% lose this match.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#3220 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 12:30 AM

yeah it seems pretty set but we'll see next week, What I am looking forward to more is now hilarious the inteactions will be between Erina and Soma from now on, especially if Soma is oblivious to how Erina interpreted his declaration and doesn't properly explain it! oh things will be SO ADORABLY AWKWARD with her blushing around him and running off if he is in her vicinity and Soma may think "is she back to how she was before?"  :laughcry:

Edited by Phantom_999, 04 August 2018 - 12:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users