#81 Zin

Zin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jul 23 2010, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even tough I adimit shonen have problems with developing romantic relationships with main characters, I think Naruto and Sakura relationship will have a closure, a theme in Naruto that Kishimoto aways used is that Naruto fight to gain what lacked in his whole life, one is to be reconized by the others (something he achieved), other is to become Hokage so people will acknowledge his talent, and another that I believe he also might desire, is to know what is to have a family, and I believe that with Sakura he could gain that, they could raise their kids together, taught what they know, be an example, share their love, and I think that Naruto need to pass through this kind of experience in order to achieve true hapiness. happy.gif

While I hope that that is the way "Naruto" ends I'm not sure I can be quite so optimistic. It's true that Naruto overcoming obstacles to achieve what he'd always wanted is a theme Kishi's used he could honestly just say "Well, I've actually already given Naruto those things". While it's unclear whether or not from just the scene alone whether or not Sakura and Naruto would build a relationship based on that confession it's a possibility. And Naruto has met both of his parents now. Kishi might consider that enough. *shrug* It's true that leaving things like that would be totally half-a**ed but I've seen it happen in manga/anime/tv shows before...
"I've always equated "feelings" with "getting caught"...they both get in the way of my money. Unfortunately not everyone is as committed to their work as I am." - Garrett, Thief:TMA

"A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat." - JC Denton, Deus Ex

Anna: "The Maria Narcissa."
Sam: "Sounds like you're setting me up for another blind date."
Anna: "The Maria Narcissa is a boat."
Sam: "So was the last girl you set me up with."
Anna: "Fisher!"
Sam: "Sorry." - Anna Grímsdóttir and Sam Fisher, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

#82 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jul 23 2010, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even tough I adimit shonen have problems with developing romantic relationships with main characters, I think Naruto and Sakura relationship will have a closure, a theme in Naruto that Kishimoto aways used is that Naruto fight to gain what lacked in his whole life, one is to be reconized by the others (something he achieved), other is to become Hokage so people will acknowledge his talent, and another that I believe he also might desire, is to know what is to have a family, and I believe that with Sakura he could gain that, they could raise their kids together, taught what they know, be an example, share their love, and I think that Naruto need to pass through this kind of experience in order to achieve true hapiness. happy.gif

Psyren is the only exception to that.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#83 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:31 PM

Bah- who cares if it Shonen? Lol, the editor... But still, what If Kishimoto wants to make one pairing canon? I'm pretty sure he said he would try to make at one of the big three canon. I dunno'.

Edited by ShippudenGirl, 23 July 2010 - 07:32 PM.

#84 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Jul 23 2010, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm pretty sure he said he would try to make at one of the big three canon. I dunno'.

Ahm, where did you hear that from? I don't recall Kishi mentioning anything pairing wise in his interviews. He's always done a good job avoiding those type of qustions.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 23 July 2010 - 08:52 PM.

#85 Zin

Zin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Jul 23 2010, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bah- who cares if it Shonen? Lol, the editor... But still, what If Kishimoto wants to make one pairing canon? I'm pretty sure he said he would try to make at one of the big three canon. I dunno'.

If Kishi wants to make the pairing happen then sure...Honestly though, I sometimes wonder if Kishi actually cares. He seems to just enjoy baiting people. Hinata's confession has been followed up by absolutely zero mention of it afterwards and Sakura's confession had that deception factor in it. Sakura's confession also wasn't mentioned when it could have been. It all just seems...disingenuous, just simply pairing bait. Maybe I'm paranoid or perhaps I'm simply completely disillusioned with Naruto with how long it feels like it's dragging on...But I suppose that's just my opinion. *shrug* headdesk.gif
"I've always equated "feelings" with "getting caught"...they both get in the way of my money. Unfortunately not everyone is as committed to their work as I am." - Garrett, Thief:TMA

#86 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Jul 23 2010, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahm, where did you hear that from? I don't recall Kishi mentioning anything pairing wise in his interviews. He's always done a good job avoiding those type of qustions.

In a interview a long time ago Kishi sai he didn't intended in focusing on romance during part 1 so any pairings like N/S, N/H and S/S were all one sided. It was in part 2 that he did said he was going to try to make a canon pairing with development but he never said that the pairing was going to be one of the big three. But with all of the development we have seen in the manga we know who is the canon pairing.

Edited by Gravenimage, 23 July 2010 - 08:56 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#87 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:58 PM

What Graven-kun said.

#88 Zin

Zin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 23 2010, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In a interview a long time ago Kishi sai he didn't intended in focusing on romance during part 1 so any pairings like N/S, N/H and S/S were all one sided. It was in part 2 that he did said he was going to try to make a canon pairing with development but he never said that the pairing was going to be one of the big three. But with all of the development we have seen in the manga we know who is the canon pairing.

That was a while ago...before it really sunk in just how rabid his fanbases are...Ever met a fangirl in a dark alley after insulting her favorite pairing ? Scary stuff...

#89 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (Zin @ Jul 23 2010, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was a while ago...before it really sunk in just how rabid his fanbases are...Ever met a fangirl in a dark alley after insulting her favorite pairing ? Scary stuff...

I know scary. arg.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#90 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (Zin @ Jul 23 2010, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Run away!! Run away!! argh1.png

#91 Guest_New Revolution_*

Guest_New Revolution_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (Zin @ Jul 23 2010, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sasuke has a_shifty.gif

#92 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (New Revolution @ Jul 23 2010, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sasuke has a_shifty.gif

That's is why he has come to hate fan girls lol. fu.png
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#93 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:00 AM

I don't know there could be other reasons why Sasuke hate his fangirls. heheelq7.png

Edited by Toasty Warrior, 25 July 2010 - 01:11 AM.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#94 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:45 AM

Hmm... Let's review the list!

Fangirl Chasing (Boyband style)
Stalking (And not the good kind either)
Possible Rape (Maybe?)
Girls fighting over him (Catfight? Not gonna be pretty.)

And last but most certainly not least...

The constant fear that some fangirl is going to come to your house at night, threaten you to be her boyfriend, and or squeal whenever she sees you.

#95 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (TheBerserkMoogle @ Jul 25 2010, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Possible Rape (Maybe?)

The constant fear that some fangirl is going to come to your house at night, threaten you to be her boyfriend, and or squeal whenever she sees you.

Ironically, Sakura and Ino prob did all in the list. Being the hardcore Sasuke fangirl they were

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#96 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:28 AM

QUOTE (TheBerserkMoogle @ Jul 24 2010, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Possible Rape (Maybe?)

Okay now let's not go over board, let's get back on topic shall we.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 25 July 2010 - 03:29 AM.

#97 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (BlackLightning @ Jul 24 2010, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ironically, Sakura and Ino prob did all in the list. Being the hardcore Sasuke fangirl they were

I don't think they were that bad, I highly doubt that they're tried to rape Sasuke. Age of consent laws in japanese culture aside, I don't think they had any perverted thoughts of Sasuke at that age they were at. I think they were more lovey dovey thoughts and all that sappy crap. I especially believe that Sakura never had thoughts of losing her virginity to Sasuke (*Shivers* That was really hard for me to type) considering that 12 year olds don't think about that stuff too much (At least I hope not O_O) and that girls aren't as perverted as guys are. (Hey, at least I'm honest about it and willing to admit it dammit mad.gif )

Now that Sakura is 16 and has feelings for Naruto, I probably wouldn't be surprised if our favorite pink haired kunoichi had some fantasies of having her first time and losing her virginity to our favorite orange jacket waring shinobi. heheelq7.png

Now for an on topic comment, I believe that Sakura has moved on from her crush on Sasuke a long time ago and I'm not crossing out the possibility that Sakura and Naruto knew each other (and possibly were childhood friends) before Sakura even knew who Sasuke was. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. thumbsup.gif

#98 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Jul 25 2010, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think they were that bad, I highly doubt that they're tried to rape Sasuke. Age of consent laws in japanese culture aside, I don't think they had any perverted thoughts of Sasuke at that age they were at. I think they were more lovey dovey thoughts and all that sappy crap. I especially believe that Sakura never had thoughts of losing her virginity to Sasuke (*Shivers* That was really hard for me to type) considering that 12 year olds don't think about that stuff too much (At least I hope not O_O) and that girls aren't as perverted as guys are. (Hey, at least I'm honest about it and willing to admit it dammit mad.gif )

Now that Sakura is 16 and has feelings for Naruto, I probably wouldn't be surprised if our favorite pink haired kunoichi had some fantasies of having her first time and losing her virginity to our favorite orange jacket waring shinobi. heheelq7.png

Now for an on topic comment, I believe that Sakura has moved on from her crush on Sasuke a long time ago and I'm not crossing out the possibility that Sakura and Naruto knew each other (and possibly were childhood friends) before Sakura even knew who Sasuke was. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. thumbsup.gif

I pretty much agree with this, Ino was the more aggressive fangirl with Sasuke- glomps him at least twice that we see, much to his disgust. Ino was more hardcore than Sakura, Sakura was pretty much all lovey-dovey words and looks, and she realized it was one sided before too long. She kept trying, yeah, but there was pretty much always a vibe from about chapter 4 onward that she knew it was one-sided and would likely not change. Ino never picked up on Sasuke's disgust at her antics. Ino seemed to have the standard peer group opinion of Naruto and we don't see her opinion really shift about him, even when he wins his battles in the Chunin exams (battles she witnesses) where with Sakura, although she carries the standard opinion on the surface, even as early as chapter 5 we see empathy, admiration and attraction- from the first time we see her witness Naruto doing battle on panel.

Even in the manga flashback where Sakura shows sorrow over Naruto's pre Academy childhood, there's perhaps a subtle hint that just maybe she had known him then and hadn't understood why the adults all hated him.... So I think there some merit in your theory.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#99 Zin

Zin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Jul 25 2010, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's a little disturbing that a comment I made as a joke degenerated into people debating whether or not fangirls tried to rape Sasuke...Sad times shamefulcry0js.gif

While I believe that Sakura's confession was real I don't think she's really completely over Sasuke. Or at least she wasn't at that point in time. I think Sasuke asking her to kill Karin helped drive the nail in the coffin there.

#100 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:43 PM

I can only guess if Sakura did has some left over feelings for before her confession then no doubt she got rid of them completely when Sasuke told her that his goal is to destroy Konoha. That's where she chose clearly her village over him the safety of her family and friends and of course Naruto over the life of her former teammate.

Edited by Gravenimage, 25 July 2010 - 07:44 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users