LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:39 AM

The loss of passion and creativity gave birth to repetitive flashy boom attacks.

Them Bijuu Bombs they got dry som quickly when we got back to The Tobi fight after Sasuke and Itachi took care of Kabuto.

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#42 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:11 AM

@touken
Naruto will be spamming flashy jutsu because that's the design of the manga. It already forshadow with the explanation of Kyubi capabilities in chapter one.
The bigger the chakra the greater the Jutsu.

In part 1 only kage level who can do flash attack. Not even kakashi capable to do the same scale of jutsu like hiruzen.
And jiraiya capable to kill a giant snake with giant swamp when he get weak chakra controlled.

@halfdemoninuyasha
Handseal is the equivalent to spell casting in fantasy setting.
Most naruto jutsu doesn't require handseal because it's a chakra form manipulation. While sakura punch is perfect chakra control.

That's what I pretty much said - hand seals aren't a necessity, it just makes it easier for shinobi to focus their chakra properly, but those who gain greater mastery over it are able to do one-handed seals, and then even jutsu without needing hand seals at all, but controlling one's chakra to such a degree usually requires quite a bit of patience, training, and skill to do, yet all of that is just thrown out the window by the end.

2e5.gif

#43 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:05 PM

Completed re-reading Volume 17 and now the highlights are in: 

naruto-2917.jpg

I know this was already brought in the last volume, but at the same time this reassures the statement that Itachi and Kisame truly are after Naruto. Plus this was the first time that the Akatsutski had ever gotten mentioned, and it is here where Naruto vows that he will try to stop him since they are the ones that are after them which will foreshadow to something coming up later on down the road.

naruto-2927.jpg

After all the refferences from Sasuke, the long awaited reunion between The two Uchiha brothers finally has come to pass. All the training that Sasuke had spent getting stronger from the Land of Waves Arc and The Chunin Exams it shows that he was still too weak. He spent all the time mustering all the hatred on time since Itachi massacred the Uchiha Clan on that fateful day, and here he realizes that it was all for nothing as he receives the same treatment that Itachi had given Kakashi in the previous volume.

naruto-1566676.jpg

In spite of all the seriousness that was taking place, one moment that always continues to put a smile on my face is this in particular i don't know why but Guy's entrance and surprise attacking Jiraiya like that it's too hysterical to pass up. Of course after this moment we find out that Guy had made a outfit similar to Lee's and his own outfit for Naruto to train, but Jiraiya was completed against it which again just adds the humor perfectly. You know Even thinking about these moments today I continue find it very amusing.

naruto-2965.jpg

After the mention of her name from the previous volume, we found out Tsunade was not only one of the Three Legendary Sanin, but she was also considered The Legendary Sucker (Loser if we're going by the Viz translations) which was pretty amusing to think about considering that it was due to her bad habit of gambling money. This is also where we get to see her assistant Shizune and TonTon who at first don't seem like much, but do make up great comedic timing in terms of facial expressions. Even now it does make me chuckle when I'm re-reading these moments that took place. 

naruto-1566673.jpg

naruto-3017.jpg

So now we've arrived at the beginning of Naruto's Rasengan training that was created from "The Legendary Fourth Hokage" and here we witnessed what Naruto had to go through in order to achieve it. Looking back on it now it kinda amazes me as what exactly Naruto had to do in order to achieve the rasengan, and it reminds me on what Naruto was willing to take to accomplish it. 

naruto-1566724.jpg

Finally, we reach the point where not only has Jiraiya found the location of where Tsunade is, but we also discover that Orochimaru has some means of seeing her as well, after the events that took place during the battle against his former master, leaving room for an interesting reunion between the Three Students of Hiruzen Sarutobi, The Legendary Sanin to take place.

#44 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:40 PM

I have always loved the moment when Neji sees Naruto's chakra after he said that he is gonna kick his ass. He sees that he is absolutely confident in his victory even when the odds are against him...

Edit: I also like how Naruto put a clone far away from Neji and use it as bait. Kishi barely pulls no scenes like this after the pain arc and is just Sharing overload crap.

Edited by hinataiscreepy, 18 August 2015 - 04:00 PM.

#45 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:54 PM

I have always loved the moment when Neji sees Naruto's chakra after he said that he is gonna kick his ass. He sees that he is absolutely confident in his victory even when the odds are against him...

Edit: I also like how Naruto put a clone far away from Neji and use it as bait. Kishi barely pulls no scenes like this after the pain arc and is just Sharing overload crap.

The odds weren't aganist Naruto. It was Naruto's destiny to become a god, so Neji was going to lose to him no matter what.

That's why it's hard to re-read the old chapters because of all the crap that comes later and ruins it.

Edited by RedFaction, 18 August 2015 - 03:55 PM.

#46 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:09 PM

The whole reincarnation of that guy is complete kitten and unnecessary.

What the F. It was supposed to be the story of a loser proving his worth and being acknowledged.

#47 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:50 PM

The whole reincarnation of that guy is complete kitten and unnecessary.

What the F. It was supposed to be the story of a loser proving his worth and being acknowledged.

That's another reason why NH fails. Nothing Naruto did in the manga changed the way Hinata thought about him.

Naruto could have accomplished nothing at all throughout the series and he'd still be "destined" to be with Hinata.

#48 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:23 PM

That's another reason why NH fails. Nothing Naruto did in the manga changed the way Hinata thought about him.

Naruto could have accomplished nothing at all throughout the series and he'd still be "destined" to be with Hinata.

Exactly, and the fact too that Hinata never saw the real Naruto like Sakura and others did. Even when married, it feels to me like Hinata knows jack about Naruto, and only cares she's with him, not the fact she understands him. It reminds me of Ultimate Spider-Man (the comic) when Peter was dating Kitty Pryde, aka Shadowcat of the X-Men, and during the Clone Saga, he talked to Mary Jane about how Kitty didn't understand him, and she was super jealous of MJ when she and Peter were working together during stuff with Morbius. I see the understanding part being like Hinata and how she doesn't understand the real Naruto, since she only sees the "proud failure", yet how can they have a good relationship if she doesn't even understand him at all?

#49 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:29 PM

That's the thing. We saw Third Hokage fight. It wasn't flashy. It was just top of the peak. It was strong but no bombs away. I'm not taking away the whole Bijuus, but the problem is that it wasn't just Naruto. Sasuke has one, Madara has one, Obito has one, and pretty much every Edo guys in the war. It should have been kept only in Bijuus, but since it can pass along easily, it got old and lost in the shuffle. Like with other series that really don't explosion, you still get something cool but not need of explosion, like Luffy. Strong but it's no boom and bang. Just hard hitting rubber attack.

You mean bijuu dama? Personally, I don't see any problem with that.
It used as high end technique. And the only one who can use that is someone who has access to bijuu.
I understand madara and obito one, but what is sasuke and some edo?
Naruto use explosion but it's not that big since the enemy is not that strong either.

Oh and luffy will be able to smash an island with just his fist in the end of manga.

@halfdemoninuyasha
Sorry I don't get it.

Edited by rocci, 18 August 2015 - 07:31 PM.

#50 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:13 PM

Yes, but no explosion is needed. Rasengan, the only cool part is the remix, but he does more of explosive way. Bijuu bombs was fine until anyone can do it spread quickly. The thing is Kishi needed to have stronger enemy/people to say, "This is the real power." Remember how Third Hokage was once said the God of Shinobi. That could have remain true if Kishi knew how to keep it balance. But instead, we suppose to believe that everyone can create towers and such. The point is it had a limit and it was understandable. Now, it lost that and it became DBZ: sky is the limit.

In One Piece, they use the idea of what one fruit can do or what people can learn and lately Haki, which doesn't require big explosion or epic scale of giant demolition. It's just something that is strong in the eye of a beholder. It's not like Usopp is learning to shoot a beam from his awakening, rather seems like adapting perfect accuracy. That's something Naruto could have done, but instead beam city, much less stragetic (who needs kunai, right?) and all around lost the magic that got people into the series in the first place.

#51 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:30 PM

@halfdemoninuyasha
Sorry I don't get it.

Basically, hand seals are not necessarily required to perform jutsu. Learning and using them is to help the user focus their chakra flow precisely so they can use the technique they want to use; almost like a small cheat sheet for their chakra, without risking hurting themselves.

But those who become more proficient at controlling their own chakra flow after training and/or talent are eventually able to do things like one-handed seals, as Haku did against Sasuke, and even able to reach the point where they can control their chakra flow so precisely that it becomes almost like a sixth sense and they no longer need to use hand seals, the cheat sheet, at all to use even their more powerful and/or complex techniques, which tend to involve using a greater number of hand seals to perform.

If Orochimaru had ever become so proficient at controlling his chakra flow, he would have still been able to perform a number of jutsu without the use of his arms. Losing his arms, as Hiruzen brought up, meant Orochimaru could no longer perform hand seals, thus he lost his "cheat sheet" at performing most jutsu, so it wasn't simply the loss of hand seals, but also other conventional uses.

As for the chapter, this is the Naruto I wanted to see A LOT more of in part two; one who is training his ass off without "cheating".

2e5.gif

#52 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:24 AM

Basically, hand seals are not necessarily required to perform jutsu. Learning and using them is to help the user focus their chakra flow precisely so they can use the technique they want to use; almost like a small cheat sheet for their chakra, without risking hurting themselves.

But those who become more proficient at controlling their own chakra flow after training and/or talent are eventually able to do things like one-handed seals, as Haku did against Sasuke, and even able to reach the point where they can control their chakra flow so precisely that it becomes almost like a sixth sense and they no longer need to use hand seals, the cheat sheet, at all to use even their more powerful and/or complex techniques, which tend to involve using a greater number of hand seals to perform.

If Orochimaru had ever become so proficient at controlling his chakra flow, he would have still been able to perform a number of jutsu without the use of his arms. Losing his arms, as Hiruzen brought up, meant Orochimaru could no longer perform hand seals, thus he lost his "cheat sheet" at performing most jutsu, so it wasn't simply the loss of hand seals, but also other conventional uses.

As for the chapter, this is the Naruto I wanted to see A LOT more of in part two; one who is training his ass off without "cheating".

It would have been interesting if Kishi had shown a more logical progression where the protagonists became more adept at eliminating hand seals instead of just skipping to the DBZ-style energy attacks,

As for your comment about training: It's almost like Part 1 had this theme about the genius of hard work or something. 

#53 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

VLD pairing: Plance, Shiro x Adam, Hunk x Shay, Kallura
    anti Allurance

The Dragon Prince: Cullum x Rayla

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)
    Tony x Ziva David, Abby x Timothy McGee, Timothy x Delia (NCIS)
    Dean x Castiel, Sam x Gabriel, Sam x Elaine, Dean x Jo (Supernatural)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:08 AM

For me I would've had removed a few items and actually went through with development of curtain plot devices. I wouldn't have forced characters together that did not make sense. I would have put more focus on the Uzumki clan since they are feared for their high chakra reserves. I also would make the second version a couple of hundred years later and make it where the peace never really lasts.
Them Duke boys never meant no harm.--------> my childhood.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.
firma__op__luffyxnami_nu__out__by_pjxd23

#54 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:37 PM

So since College has started up again I'm going to be taking a small break from The journey of reliving the Naruto series, with the volume overview highlights at least until when thanksgiving break hits up.  

However, I have a question to ask how did you all get into Naruto? and what made you wanna continue reading the series?

#55 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:56 PM

So since College has started up again I'm going to be taking a small break from The journey of reliving the Naruto series, with the volume overview highlights at least until when thanksgiving break hits up.  

However, I have a question to ask how did you all get into Naruto? and what made you wanna continue reading the series?

Well, I first got into it when I was reading it at the start of the Zabuza stuff, about when Naruto got his headband back from Zabuza. Seeing it, I wanted to see how this kid who seemed to be looked down on could change the world, but I guess now I just feel like maybe I shouldn't have.

#56 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 12:43 AM

Honest answer. This is exactly how I got in. One day I was switching channel on my TV and found one which had the Gaara vs Naruto fight when it was the two monsters fighting. And I was like "Oh that's kind of cool. What is this?" then I found it was Naruto. I've heard about it before but I've only heard the name. Had no clue what's it about. Then I started watching the anime and found out about the manga really late I think I've seen the Nagato fight in the anime before I've found out about the manga. Can't remember exactly, even though I have a great memory I can't remember everything.

As for what made me continue well Naruto's character, his growth, a captivating story, Sakura's growth, the universe, Itachi's backstory, along with other stuff. However as time went on I've started to really despise it. Since the war started around chapter 515 or so I've started to dislike it more and more. Everything about it was boring, the scenery was dull, the battles were tedious and went on for ages. There was no real development gained from bring back old characters and making them fight the current generation. Just more retcons especially with Itachi. Then it got even worse with the reveal of Tobi done so poorly and the never ending political battle between Obito and Naruto. Then Rikudou came in. My God that character blew. Then Sasuke meeting him even though he had nothing to do with the child of prophecy but hey Kishi really loves the sauce.

I wish someone would just buy the rights for Naruto, and erase everything that happened after chapter 500 or so. Declare it's not canon anymore and make something good.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#57 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 12:49 AM

All I see when I re-read the manga is this

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#58 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:00 AM

The wave arc, it was hands down, one of the most emotional packed arcs in part 1, specially when you didn't know what kind of kitten was going to happen

the first episode I watched was the one where Naruto is saved by Sasuke from those two mist ninjas, I got addicted to it and wanted to see more, to see how that weak and determined kid would grow up to be someone strong and capable of being the leader of the village

Unfortunately, after part 1 I began to feel Naruto lost part of it's magic, his obsession over Sasuke got annoying and frankly turned me off of the series for a while, I returned when Itachi and Sasuke fought since that was a long awaited battle and I honestly thought things were getting a ot better after Jiraya died and things picked up from there in the Pein arc, unfortunately after Pein the state of the series got progressively worse and I couldnt handle it anymore

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#59 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:31 PM

Just like most fan, when I watched anime chunin exam arc.
I read the manga later.

I was a hardcore naruto fan, so you can expect me to follow it for the first time I read naruto manga.
What made me keep following the manga? Narusasu final battle and NS resolution.

#60 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:46 AM

I watched the scene where Sakura offered her food to Naruto. Naruto was in tears as Sakura smiled. 

509356167_759751.gif?4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users