Close
Photo

The NEW NaruSaku Debate Thread

• Please log in to reply
54175 replies to this topic

#51181 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:15 PM

Anji was always my favorite character. I always love the warrior monk fighting style. They still used weapons despite how powerful their techniques were. Using weapons always made you superior no matter how strong someone is physically. Unlike the movies, knives hurt and will kill.

You also could feel terrible for Anji with his backstory, and why he joins Shishio in his quest, due to what he lost when Tsubaki and the other children he cared for were brutally murdered, leading him on his rampage to seek justice against the world that had taken them away from him. And yeah, the warrior monk archetype is usually pretty fun :)

#51182 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 15 December 2019 - 10:08 PM

Question... Which character was butchered worse? Luke from the Last Jedi or Naruto?

Naruto totally got butchered at least Luke didn't have his whole past and character rewritten unlike Naruto. At times Luke felt like himself but rarely.

#51183 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 15 December 2019 - 10:10 PM

As for weapons, in one of my fanfics, I have Naruto getting a small specialized blade, like Asuma's, that's just for wind users. That just seems like a thing he should have! It seems crazy that his only real skill aside from the kyuubi's power is to make rasengans. It always seems like his go-to technique is just blasting the bad guys with power. It's a shame they didn't connect Naruto with a weapon or technique that was his mother's. You know, something that only a descendant of the Whirlpool could wield.

Sakura seems to be the same way. She can heal and pound things, but there's nothing that connects her to a specific weapon. Hell even Kabuto had a scalpel - Sakura doesn't even get that! As far as weapons, Naruto and Sakura both just use what they were issued in academy, and never appear to expand on it.

You sure cause I think she used that to cut into Naruto when he was dying.

#51184 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 10:14 PM

Oooh tough one. They both got ruined for a girl who didn't deserve it, but while Luke was given a quick death, Naruto is continuing to suffer at the hands of it all.
See below for more of my reason.

.......ummm.....so you think a boxer or kickboxer doesn't need a weapon in war because "they can punch harder than the average soldier?" No matter how strong Sakura is, blade wills be more deadly in the long run. Especially if the blades are infused with chakra elements. What would Sakura's fist do against....say...Sasuke's chidori sword?
I am reminded of Yūkyūzan Anji from Ruroni Kenshin. That powerful monk that can obliterate rocks to sand with just his fist. He could channel his technique into his feet, fist, and yes even to his small blade that he wielded. Imagine Sakura pushing her abilities into her axe to direct the force in ways that her blunt force would miss out on. Or even throw the weapon.

I disagree with this on the principle of how Luke was in the EU that was originally canon until Disney took over. In the EU, Luke was very wise and very powerful. He was so wise in fact that he even taught his students that the force is neutral. It is what you do with it that makes you good or evil.
The fact that Luke sensed only slight darkness in Kylo and abandoned the Jedi ways ENTIRELY is the most ridiculous thing he could have done. The idea of "the bitter old warrior who felt his failings meant the need for exile" is a logical element....if it wasn't used for Luke's story. If Luke tried to save Kylo, but failed is not what happened. Luke caused Kylo to go evil trying to kill him in his sleep indicating to Kylo that Luke did not trust him. Luke's whole thing was that he can sense when his friends and family are in trouble.
Now if Kylo became evil on his own and Luke failed to persuade him, then sure, but the fact that the whole reason why Kylo is as he is is because Luke himself pushed it...that is stupid. That is not Luke. Especially when compared to Luke to the EU canon that was the original canon before Disney took over.
That's like Han Solo giving up his mercenary ways because "I didn't do as good of job as he wanted to do and still got paid for it."
It is just the fact that Luke can sense the good in people no matter how evil they are and now all of a sudden a small bit of darkness can deter him forever. Naruto is the same way. Naruto brags that hardwork trumps genes and being born privileged, but then he himself is born privileged in every way possible. That's the garbage tier logic.
Even in real world logic this is garbage to people. Imagine a rich person telling a poor person "if you work hard, you can be where I am too," but that person was BORN into wealth. Now, I am not going to argue whether or not people should be thankful for what they have, but the fact of the hypocrisy is what people hate.
"Without suffering you would not have compassion"
"Tell that to the people who are suffering."

I mean Luke proved that by saving his dad but his nephew is to far gone and Vader was like the second evil guy in the galaxy in 4-6

#51185 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 10:16 PM

Yeah, I thought it would be too, since I can imagine he can do all kinds of things with it by funneling certain amounts of it and manipulating the form of the cloak too. I mean, all we usually see with some Jinchuriki is just using the chakra in ways to change themselves more into their Biju, like Gaara and Killer Bee did, but since I feel Naruto's bond to Kurama is different than that, especially since I am building it up early in The Demon Within, and how Naruto is the only Jinchuriki we've seen who typically has referred to his Biju by their name, it lets him stand out more compared to the others to have different ways to use Kurama's chakra.

Agreed! I like to imagine Sakura being really good in the medical department for sure, and the sad part we never got in canon, even if the last databook revealed it, is seeing Sakura with her nature transformation(s)! It even took so long for her to show she knew the Summoning Jutsu, even if it was hinted she knew it due to training under Tsunade, like how Naruto got contracted to the frogs of Mt. Myoboku because of Jiraiya, and further connecting him to his dad, or Sasuke getting it while he and Orochimaru were using each other for their own goals.

Yeah, I have Naruto able to do eye jutsus using the power of the kyuubi. I just wanted some other techniques than just bare power! and yeah, high up on my wish list of scenes is how Tsunade got her summons and if/how it was transferred to Sakura. 

Honestly I really dont think Sakura needs a weapon of any sort EVER

When your fists and feet are capable of shattering mountains does a sword really mean much?

I mean seriously whats going to happen are people going to fear her more becase she has a weapon? Shinobi watches sakura cave in a massive section of land with a single punch meh watches her pull out an axe OHNOES!! she has an axe

I get ya! She's uber powerful. She certainly doesn't need anything more than her fists and feet. I just wish she had an additional way to channel her power. Show it off a bit. Like Sasuke with his chidori and then coming back after the timeskip with a new outfit and a giant katana. It would be awesome to see Sakura with something like that — a level up that included an outfit change and a super cool weapon that's unique to her.

#51186 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 10:17 PM

You sure cause I think she used that to cut into Naruto when he was dying.

I seriously can't remember. For some reason I thought she used her hand to cut him open. idk tho

#51187 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 10:18 PM

I seriously can't remember. For some reason I thought she used her hand to cut him open. idk tho

Pretty sure she used a Charka thing to cut him quick.

#51188 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 15 December 2019 - 11:37 PM

Yeah, I have Naruto able to do eye jutsus using the power of the kyuubi. I just wanted some other techniques than just bare power! and yeah, high up on my wish list of scenes is how Tsunade got her summons and if/how it was transferred to Sakura. 

I get ya! She's uber powerful. She certainly doesn't need anything more than her fists and feet. I just wish she had an additional way to channel her power. Show it off a bit. Like Sasuke with his chidori and then coming back after the timeskip with a new outfit and a giant katana. It would be awesome to see Sakura with something like that — a level up that included an outfit change and a super cool weapon that's unique to her.

Sakura really doesn't need a weapon (unless we have some cool sword fighting). Enhanced strength, evasion tactics, Byakugo seal and medical ninjutsu is all she needs. Now after I finish my epic and get to the rewrite, I'll have Sakura doing that plus teleportation ala Kasumi from Dead or Alive, genjutsu that will be advanced and throw in a "reworked" version of Inner Sakura that inspired from other popular series. 

Pretty sure she used a Charka thing to cut him quick.

Chakra Scalpel.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#51189 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 01:39 AM

Sakura really doesn't need a weapon (unless we have some cool sword fighting). Enhanced strength, evasion tactics, Byakugo seal and medical ninjutsu is all she needs. Now after I finish my epic and get to the rewrite, I'll have Sakura doing that plus teleportation ala Kasumi from Dead or Alive, genjutsu that will be advanced and throw in a "reworked" version of Inner Sakura that inspired from other popular series. 

Chakra Scalpel.

Yeah, I know, she doesn't really neeeeed a weapon...but.... Doesn't she, like, deserve one!  :lol: And not just a dang chakra scalpel!!! (Ok, so I totally must have blocked out the ending of the manga because I don't remember that!)

She could have had something that was Tsunade's that was handed down to her at the end, or she could have something that was more historically correct. Like a tanto, a short knife traditionally used by women/samurai's wives for close quarters fighting. 

Of course, any weapon would go with a power-up or outfit change, etc., none of which she overtly got in the manga. And none of it mattered in the end cause she was doomed to be stripped of all her previous shinobi prowess for the sake of SS and NH.

In a perfect NS-ending world, then Sakura would have a blade/tanto/shuriken that is inspired by one that Kushina had. It would be a nice tribute.

#51190 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 02:46 AM

the weapon would have to be as strong as her after all sasori's iron sand jutsu wasn't a match for 16 year old sakura

#51191 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 05:22 PM

the weapon would have to be as strong as her after all sasori's iron sand jutsu wasn't a match for 16 year old sakura

Definitely on that end too. And we've seen Sakura break the Earth open pretty nastily with her Cherry Blossom Impact.

#51192 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 05:14 AM

I have some ideas.... There are a lot of chakra infused metals/weapons in the manga. It would have been super cool for her to have a wicked fight, triumph in the end with some super-secret power up (that of course Naruto watches in jaw-drop fashion), and then she saves a souvenir and turns it into her own special whatever weapon. Tanto, scalpel. Whatevs. Not picky. 

It's not so much that she needs a weapon to be powerful, it's that I'd like to see her equally matched with Team 7 in terms of power-ups and their corresponding markers: clothes, haircuts, new techniques and weapons. Sakura got one big time-skip/power-up and then...crickets. At the end, she did get Tsunade's chakra seal...but she also got an oversized set of fatigues. (But now that I think about it, maybe it was to completely downplay her in comparison to Hinata. Ugh.)

Anyway, I'm totally writing a bad-a$$ scene for Sakura that she gets a weapon from. It's perfect for her. So that's why it's been on my mind lately.

#51193 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 06:45 AM

Honestly I really dont think Sakura needs a weapon of any sort EVER

When your fists and feet are capable of shattering mountains does a sword really mean much?

I mean seriously whats going to happen are people going to fear her more becase she has a weapon? Shinobi watches sakura cave in a massive section of land with a single punch meh watches her pull out an axe OHNOES!! she has an axe

Sooooo...... we’re ignoring Gai and his nunchaku then. Okay..................

Edited by Phantom_999, 17 December 2019 - 06:23 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#51194 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 06:49 AM

Sooooo...... we’re ignoring Gai and his nunchakus then. Okay..................

And the anime also has shown Lee using nunchaku like Guy does too... XD

#51195 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 09:24 AM

Point being it is never a bad idea to have a weapon on hand. No matter how much better or stronger you think/ know you are than your opponent, the more advantages you have, the better. Some of the best fighters in real history are noted to do anything to win and if they find a certain weapon or tactic is an easy way to win, they take it. No exceptions. Same concept just because you can spatter someone with super strength doesn’t mean you only rely on it solely.

Edited by Phantom_999, 17 December 2019 - 06:26 PM.

#51196 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 07:50 PM

Point being it is never a bad idea to have a weapon on hand. No matter how much better or stronger you think/ know you are than your opponent, the more advantages you have, the better. Some of the best fighters in real history are noted to do anything to win and if they find a certain weapon or tactic is an easy way to win, they take it. No exceptions. Same concept just because you can spatter someone with super strength doesn’t mean you only rely on it solely.

Yeah. Look at Superman. He may be one of the most powerful superheroes in the DC Universe, BUT he still has other means besides his super-strength to fight with. Heat vision, super breath, freeze breath, etc. Even other heroes in those same veins can be like that too. Shazam/Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, Captain America... all of them are stronger than the average humans, BUT they also have other means to fight besides their strength, like Spidey having his webshooters and his agility, Captain America has his shield as well as skills in firearms and such, and Shazam/Captain Marvel wields lightning via magic.

#51197 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:33 PM

Chakra Scalpel.

thank you I can't spell good.

Yeah. Look at Superman. He may be one of the most powerful superheroes in the DC Universe, BUT he still has other means besides his super-strength to fight with. Heat vision, super breath, freeze breath, etc. Even other heroes in those same veins can be like that too. Shazam/Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, Captain America... all of them are stronger than the average humans, BUT they also have other means to fight besides their strength, like Spidey having his webshooters and his agility, Captain America has his shield as well as skills in firearms and such, and Shazam/Captain Marvel wields lightning via magic.

OR batman with his brain and gadgets, spidey has his brain to

#51198 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 01:26 PM

I have some ideas.... There are a lot of chakra infused metals/weapons in the manga. It would have been super cool for her to have a wicked fight, triumph in the end with some super-secret power up (that of course Naruto watches in jaw-drop fashion), and then she saves a souvenir and turns it into her own special whatever weapon. Tanto, scalpel. Whatevs. Not picky. 

It's not so much that she needs a weapon to be powerful, it's that I'd like to see her equally matched with Team 7 in terms of power-ups and their corresponding markers: clothes, haircuts, new techniques and weapons. Sakura got one big time-skip/power-up and then...crickets. At the end, she did get Tsunade's chakra seal...but she also got an oversized set of fatigues. (But now that I think about it, maybe it was to completely downplay her in comparison to Hinata. Ugh.)

Anyway, I'm totally writing a bad-a$$ scene for Sakura that she gets a weapon from. It's perfect for her. So that's why it's been on my mind lately.

Oh tricksie I've got an idea!!!! :dance:  This was something I kept in my head years ago. How about Sakura can now shoot out a focused blast of Chakra from her punches and kicks? it is a condensed and destructive long ranged attack that could obliterate a mountain!! :D Well anyone can take that idea lol. I've been coming up with Jutsu and techniques for Naruto and Sakura for a while now. Just never went around to incorporating it

Edited by Phantom_999, 24 December 2019 - 01:27 PM.

#51199 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 24 December 2019 - 01:56 PM

Merry Christmas everyone.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#51200 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 24 December 2019 - 02:17 PM

Oh tricksie I've got an idea!!!! :dance:  This was something I kept in my head years ago. How about Sakura can now shoot out a focused blast of Chakra from her punches and kicks? it is a condensed and destructive long ranged attack that could obliterate a mountain!! :D Well anyone can take that idea lol. I've been coming up with Jutsu and techniques for Naruto and Sakura for a while now. Just never went around to incorporating it

On bold, I actually have an OC who can do that in my epic fanfic. (Well, she's based on Chun-Li but those attacks will not be near DBZ levels).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users