• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

#41 Syn11

Syn11

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, psychology & oriental culture.

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:40 PM

What SS fans say: Sakura loves Sasuke and wants to be with him Sasuke also loves her too that's all!

Their imagination is too rich for me to handle.

#42 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:55 PM

Their imagination is too rich for me to handle.

What do you mean by that? Lol

Edited by BlazingDynamo, 02 October 2014 - 09:55 PM.

#43 Syn11

Syn11

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, psychology & oriental culture.

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:03 PM

What do you mean by that? Lol

I meant what I wrote: SS shippers have a wild imagination. You can't beat that.

#44 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:54 PM

Yeah Naruto is not a silver medal of course. BUT, do you think that many fans will take it that way? That's the real question. the thorny problem with this is that While what Sakura feels for Naruto may be genuine and developed, the fact remains that she's been broken up about Sasuke all this time. Now we know that kishi supports NaruSaku, We know that she could very well love Naruto romantically more than she ever did with Sasuke. However, what the chapter last week did was convince some fans that after all this time her love  for Sasuke never wavered. Not a surprise but does it make her confession to Naruto even more questionable now? If she must get over her feelings for Sasuke first then be with Naruto, it will look to fans that she did not get the man that she genuinely loved so is just settled for second choice cause she can't be with first.

Not the intention, but that's how it apparently is portrayed at the moment because 1) she still shows heartbreak with Sasuke and looks stunted in that phase and 2) because her feelings for Naruto are always being thrown to the side People will question yeah, does she genuinely love him or she just friend-zoning him and does not feel any romantic attraction until the last 5 minutes?  It is under the impression of the latter. So Naruto is not a silver medal at all but he will look like that in the eyes of many fans, especially those opposing NS. 

Edited by Phantom_999, 02 October 2014 - 11:57 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#45 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:22 AM

I've seen a lot of this "silver medal" theme come up in the previous chapter and I've always hated it. It doesn't matter if we're talking about Naruto or Hinata or any character, if anyone is getting into a relationship simply because they've been denied the one they really want, then they're not honest. This idea of a rebound is so hollywood highschool movie. 

Even saying that Sasuke is her unobtainable dream shows the problem with SasuSaku; it's unrealistic and based off of Sakura's idealized visions of what they could be. If she can't be with Sasuke it's probably because they don't work together. I feel that when she decides to commit to Naruto, it will be because she realizes he's not some vague, far away concept but that what he has to offer is right there for her. A lot of people have fantasies of a love that never will be, but we commit and work hard for the person we want to share ourselves with and that is the true relationship. 

If Sakura's reason for loving Naruto is because she's rebounding from Sasuke then it's a disservice to the character, the pairing, and the whole romance subplot. I may have had my doubts about the direction Kishimoto goes in his writing, but I'm not THAT cynical. 

#46 Zodd

Zodd

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:23 AM

Yeah Naruto is not a silver medal of course. BUT, do you think that many fans will take it that way? That's the real question. the thorny problem with this is that While what Sakura feels for Naruto may be genuine and developed, the fact remains that she's been broken up about Sasuke all this time. Now we know that kishi supports NaruSaku, We know that she could very well love Naruto romantically more than she ever did with Sasuke. However, what the chapter last week did was convince some fans that after all this time her love  for Sasuke never wavered. Not a surprise but does it make her confession to Naruto even more questionable now? If she must get over her feelings for Sasuke first then be with Naruto, it will look to fans that she did not get the man that she genuinely loved so is just settled for second choice cause she can't be with first.

Not the intention, but that's how it apparently is portrayed at the moment because 1) she still shows heartbreak with Sasuke and looks stunted in that phase and 2) because her feelings for Naruto are always being thrown to the side People will question yeah, does she genuinely love him or she just friend-zoning him and does not feel any romantic attraction until the last 5 minutes?  It is under the impression of the latter. So Naruto is not a silver medal at all but he will look like that in the eyes of many fans, especially those opposing NS. 

In my opinion it's Kishimoto's attempt to write romance with dynamics and twists and turns, but not realizing he portrays female characters as desperate. 

It's not a coincidence nearly half of his female characters deal with some dynamic love triangle or paired in some sort of relationship. 

Anyways... I digress.

All the past encounters, starting with Sakura going "what is this feeling..this is Naruto" are still valid.  As some one stated on the forums before, all that development did not disappear.

When an author repeatedly forces two characters in reoccurring dramatic moments it's not mere coincidence.  What makes any thing pertaining to romance enthralling is the up's and down's.  People at times are deterred by this, but in my opinion it's pretty clear Kishimoto's intentions. After all he made sure to reiterate during the whole war Sasuke putting down Sakura in some way or some form.  With other characters as well questioning her feelings or why she may even have feelings for Sasuke in the first place.

As for the Silver Medal thing, I'm a bit hesitant to comment since the author of this thread has been literally nipping at everyone's fingers who offers their own reasoning.  ..But, honestly, the way things are written in this scenario, I can see where the whole 'silver medal' may come from.  

It would be true if the story pertained to Sakura going: "Oh, since I can't have Sasuke, the TRUE man of my dreams....guess I'll settle for Naruto, he's not as good as Sasuke, but good enough.."   But the story is not any thing like that, how things have been built up she is realizing that Sasuke is no good for her, and she is also realizing her true feelings for Naruto.

If she still desired Sasuke in terms of a relationship, but knew she could not have him(and should note that she still HEAVILY desires him), and then decided to "settle" for Naruto, then we would indeed have a silver medal situation.

24zf3gz.gif

#47 NarSak4Life2k14

NarSak4Life2k14

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:16 AM

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and not only call this topic pointless, but say this:

Just because someone is better for someone, does not necessarily mean they should be together. Attraction is a hell of a tornado to kitten with. I love my ship so much, but the fact that some of my fellow shippers are sitting here and making kitten up just to boost their own ship is... Well it's disappointing. We're better than that. 

That being said, stop acting like things have happened that clearly haven't.

I hate to say it, but as far as we know, Sakura has no feelings towards Naruto but those of a friend. I would SERIOUSLY love it to be more, and it probably (most likely >:D ) will become more later, but right now we need to stop pretending that we're in the clear.

Canon or not I love my ship.

But I won't pretend.

Edited by NarSak4Life2k14, 03 October 2014 - 05:18 AM.

#48 Nic

Nic

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:46 AM

SIlver medal in which way?  I mean this is the same guy that is often refered to as Jesus Naruto in the series.  If this is just a matter of first vs second choice then that was decided since chapter 3 when Sakura liked Sasuke. First choice doesn't mean best choice. 

#49 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:27 AM

Like I said, if the only way you see love is by a competition of "who she picks first", then you miss the point of love entirely.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 03 October 2014 - 07:40 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#50 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Long walks, Driving.
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:42 AM

I do not really understand this 'silver medal' argument tbh. How many people actually end up with the very first person they fell in love with? Very few! How many girls end up marrying their very first crush-the one they got at an immature age? Even fewer. Most of the times those feelings won't even be love but just an infatuation. They end up realizing what love truly means and choose the right person when they are older and more mature. This is what happens in over 90% of the cases. 

If we go by this 'silver-medal' logic, very few people in this world would be gold medals  :roll:

Anyway, this is my opinion on why you cannot call Naruto as a 'silver medal' --

First of all, from Naruto's pov-: He is not forcing himself over Sakura. He has left it to her to choose.

From Sakura's pov-: Sakura has been shown to care more about Naruto than Sasuke in part 2. She is becoming more attached and more intimate with him.

Many mention Naruto is a silver-medal because of what happened in the LOI. I feel its the complete opposite. Kishi purposefully made Sakura confess in a way that makes Naruto look like a silver-medal. She was implying that she loved Naruto because Sasuke went over to the bad side and left her. So, YES, Sakura's confession did make Naruto seem like a silver-medal.

BUT what did Naruto do? Did he accept that? NO. He realized it right away and asked her to stop. Now, if Naruto had accepted her right then you could call him her second-choice. But he did not. Kishi is telling the readers that Naruto isn't going to happy with being Sakura's second choice. So, actually, what transpired in the LOI destroys any chance of Naruto being a Silver-medal, NOT the other way around.

And as far as what transpired in the last chapter is concerned, I'll be honest- I am not sure. I think all of us can agree that Sakura was desperate to stop Sasuke. She did the same thing she had done in part 1, she attempted to change Sasuke by trying to evoke his feelings.

However there is a clear difference between her words in part 1 and last chapter. It was crystal clear that she loved Sasuke and wanted to his ease his pain of loneliness by being the one who loves him in part 1. BUT in this chapter her words are vague, she talks about 'things being like before'. This is a big hint that she was talking about Team Seven bonds and not about her love for Sasuke. And Kakashi confirms this.  

So, the Silver-medal argument fails on all levels.

Edited by ns.Believe.It, 03 October 2014 - 07:44 AM.

tumblr_mzzew0nSyr1t3jjq1o1_500.gif

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#51 choco2

choco2

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:46 AM

After last chapter SS fans know their pairing is dead , that's why they bring 'silver medal' argument for narusaku :lulz: bc they know NS will be CANON soon  :th_yeah: 

MY REACTION FOR NARUTO MANGA ENDING

Y7kvBpU.gif

#52 elmas

elmas

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:57 AM

After last chapter SS fans know their pairing is dead , that's why they bring 'silver medal' argument for narusaku :lulz: bc they know NS will be CANON soon  :th_yeah: 

Yep.Lol this argument is to show NS badly to other fans.Though I must admit they have only one chance to be canon.And it's Kishi being drunk when he writes romance.He can make SS canon along wth NH this way.

tumblr_nipy94W2uE1tjr97wo2_500.gif

#53 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:49 PM

I don't see the silver medal argument for one simple reason. Throughout the manga, especially in pt2 it has been shown that Sakura cares for and is concerned about Naruto just as much as she is for Sasuke. So that would simply make it that who ever she's chosen is the one she truly wants. Just because she said she loves Sasuke doesn't mean that she's not in love with Naruto as well.

#54 Nic

Nic

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:08 PM

yeah i've seen that silver medal argument used a lot lately.  As if the fandom has nothing else to use anymore. 

#55 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:31 PM

I question that because some SS fans found last week's chapter pro SS for some strange reason and I don't know how they found that pro SS

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and not only call this topic pointless, but say this:

Just because someone is better for someone, does not necessarily mean they should be together. Attraction is a hell of a tornado to kitten with. I love my ship so much, but the fact that some of my fellow shippers are sitting here and making kitten up just to boost their own ship is... Well it's disappointing. We're better than that. 

That being said, stop acting like things have happened that clearly haven't.

I hate to say it, but as far as we know, Sakura has no feelings towards Naruto but those of a friend. I would SERIOUSLY love it to be more, and it probably (most likely > :D ) will become more later, but right now we need to stop pretending that we're in the clear.

Canon or not I love my ship.

But I won't pretend.

You sound like you're a SS/NH fan judging by the way you wrote this.

I do not really understand this 'silver medal' argument tbh. How many people actually end up with the very first person they fell in love with? Very few! How many girls end up marrying their very first crush-the one they got at an immature age? Even fewer. Most of the times those feelings won't even be love but just an infatuation. They end up realizing what love truly means and choose the right person when they are older and more mature. This is what happens in over 90% of the cases. 

If we go by this 'silver-medal' logic, very few people in this world would be gold medals  :roll:

Anyway, this is my opinion on why you cannot call Naruto as a 'silver medal' --

First of all, from Naruto's pov-: He is not forcing himself over Sakura. He has left it to her to choose.

From Sakura's pov-: Sakura has been shown to care more about Naruto than Sasuke in part 2. She is becoming more attached and more intimate with him.

Many mention Naruto is a silver-medal because of what happened in the LOI. I feel its the complete opposite. Kishi purposefully made Sakura confess in a way that makes Naruto look like a silver-medal. She was implying that she loved Naruto because Sasuke went over to the bad side and left her. So, YES, Sakura's confession did make Naruto seem like a silver-medal.

BUT what did Naruto do? Did he accept that? NO. He realized it right away and asked her to stop. Now, if Naruto had accepted her right then you could call him her second-choice. But he did not. Kishi is telling the readers that Naruto isn't going to happy with being Sakura's second choice. So, actually, what transpired in the LOI destroys any chance of Naruto being a Silver-medal, NOT the other way around.

And as far as what transpired in the last chapter is concerned, I'll be honest- I am not sure. I think all of us can agree that Sakura was desperate to stop Sasuke. She did the same thing she had done in part 1, she attempted to change Sasuke by trying to evoke his feelings.

However there is a clear difference between her words in part 1 and last chapter. It was crystal clear that she loved Sasuke and wanted to his ease his pain of loneliness by being the one who loves him in part 1. BUT in this chapter her words are vague, she talks about 'things being like before'. This is a big hint that she was talking about Team Seven bonds and not about her love for Sasuke. And Kakashi confirms this.  

So, the Silver-medal argument fails on all levels.

SS fans said she just confessed that she still loves Sasuke in front of Naruto and Naruto didn't anything.

#56 NarSak4Life2k14

NarSak4Life2k14

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:53 PM

EW Hell no. Do NOT pair me with them -_- I'm simply saying that we need to think critically about what's going on in the manga and not act like we're in the clear when we're clearly NOT yet. To be honest I think both we and SS are on a limb right now .-. that's all I'm saying. But again. Ew. Please do NOT stick me in that abusive group of people -__-

#57 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:41 PM

EW Hell no. Do NOT pair me with them -_- I'm simply saying that we need to think critically about what's going on in the manga and not act like we're in the clear when we're clearly NOT yet. To be honest I think both we and SS are on a limb right now .-. that's all I'm saying. But again. Ew. Please do NOT stick me in that abusive group of people -__-

Well then my mistake for judging what you wrote then.

#58 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:24 PM

Like I said, if the only way you see love is by a competition of "who she picks first", then you miss the point of love entirely.

Again you're not understanding the point of it. Its not literally making it a competition the "silver medal" is a metaphor....because alot of people will say that she still wants to be with Sasuke but is settling for Naruto.

eh10ut.jpg

#59 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:14 AM

He's not. He's the main character. How would this make any sense?

Kishi didn't build up Sakura's feelings toward Naruto for this reason. By saying silver medal, it's like saying she immediately flipped a switch from Sasuke to Naruto. No. Sakura's feelings for Sasuke never built up, positively for that matter. Sakura's feelings for Naruto actually did build up, to the point where Kishi hints at them being romantic.

Now how does all that fit into the "Naruto being a silver medal" argument? Love used to be a competition to Naruto, but now he truly wants to be loved by Sakura. Do you think Kishi would built up Naruto's feelings towards Sakura more maturely like this, if he wanted Naruto the main character to be a frikin' silver medal? This argument doesn't work, and people who use it obviously don't understand Sakura's feelings or Naruto's very well.

Naruto and Sakura practically revolve around love. I wish they'd realize how compatible they are...

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#60 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 10:54 PM

If Naruto was a silver medal that would mean that Sakura couldn't achieve her gold medal (Sasuke) also it would make Naruto think like why is she hooking up with me like I'm her Gold medal but I'm not?

Edited by BlazingDynamo, 06 October 2014 - 01:14 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users