• This topic is locked This topic is locked
505 replies to this topic

#21 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (Fenris @ Feb 5 2013, 03:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did that basically just kill off any idea that Sasuke will ever be in a relationship? kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

He could, but would probably be cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

Then again he already did this

So he may already be in love, with Naruto presumably

\

#22 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (Fenris @ Feb 5 2013, 03:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... ah i understand now
Then I guess

Lol sure. But all jokes aside, it's like what I said before, this battle between Naruto and Sasuke is becoming a new generation of Hashirama vs. Madara.

#23 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Feb 5 2013, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol sure. But all jokes aside, it's like what I said before, this battle between Naruto and Sasuke is becoming a new generation of Hashirama vs. Madara.

yup and sakura is the mito of the first generation

#24 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Feb 5 2013, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I still hope that Naruto is able to save Sasuke, even if it is in death. I hope for some kind of redemption for him, unlike the Hashirama vs Madara fight.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#25 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (Fenris @ Feb 5 2013, 03:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still hope that Naruto is able to save Sasuke, even if it is in death. I hope for some kind of redemption for him, unlike the Hashirama vs Madara fight.

That's exactly it shaping up to be. Now I think about it, Madara fought Hashirama with all the power of love (brother's death) and Kyuubi yet still lost. Wow, that's pretty damn impressive. I would reread later. I should sleep soon.

As for Mito, I want to know more of her. I can now see Hashirama being bossed around. But, we shall wait. Any bet? happy.gif

#26 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

This was a great chapter. I loved the interaction between the Hokage's, especially between Hashirama and Tobirama. Turns out their personalities were the exact opposite of what I expected. I expected Hashirama to be calm and strict and Tobirama to be outspoken and idealistic. I don't really know why, but I guess it's because I feel it fits with the typical older brother/younger brother dynamic.

Still, this is much better. It's true. Kishi really loves parallels. laugh.gif I so want to see more of Mito now. I also liked how Tsunade got her gambling habits from Hashirama. I loved that image of young Tsunade. cool.gif

Minato's role wasn't very big, but that's probably because it's not his time yet. Still, it was pretty funny seeing Hashirama's reaction. laugh.gif

The explanation behind the sharingan was...interesting. I guess it makes sense but yeah, I'm gonn have to think about it before I think I can fully grasp it.

Edited by TerrorKing, 05 February 2013 - 10:30 AM.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#27 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Feb 5 2013, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Many good things --Click here to view--
This chapter had so many good things that I need to list them

1) Suigetsu said it best, Hashirama wasn't what I expected at all. laugh.gif He really gives a Naruto vibe. I'm calling it right now, if we ever see a flashback of Mito she's totally gonna be a tsundere or at least have a strong personality that makes Hashi nervous.

Mito: HASHIRAMA!
Hashirama: Mito-chan, too scary.

5) Knowing that Hashi taught Tsunade how to gamble was priceless. Dammit Hashi don't go teaching a baby girl about adult vices. laugh.gif Maybe someone should tell him that thanks to that his granddaughter is now loaded in debt.

Well, if you check my earlier post, you can see I called it about a year ago happy.gif . Of course, you can take that with a grain of salt on whether I really wrote that or not. As for Mito, I think most of the times when she snaps are usually when she finds out Hashirama's been sneaking out of town to gambling dens. Add to the fact that she was a Jinchuuriki, Hashirama's family life must've been hell.

Edited by Codus N, 05 February 2013 - 09:15 AM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#28 fireandice

fireandice

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Feb 5 2013, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, if you check my earlier post, you can see I called it about a year ago happy.gif . Of course, you can take that with a grain of salt on whether I really wrote that or not. As for Mito, I think most of the times when she snaps are usually when she finds out Hashirama's been sneaking out of town to gambling dens. Add to the fact that she was a Jinchuuriki, Hashirama's family life must've been hell.

HAHA well done there! I myself didn't think Hashirama was a gambler. And I did peg his personality to be pretty different from what it really is. I guess it's kind of true in real life...like how we imagine famous historical figure. Hashirama's this legendary figure, and so people kind of forget he's human too lol, and expected him to be this calm, poised, god-like person. LOVED the way Kishi portrayed him here.

Regarding the Uchiha clan and love, actually I think that makes a lot of sense. Hatred and love imo aren't opposites- indifference is the opposite of love. You can only hate because you CARED for the thing related to it. In this case, imo, Sasuke's hatred of Itachi in Part 1 was BECAUSE of how much he loved Itachi and looked up to him, so his 'betrayal' was really the most painful and horrible thing ever.

Lol don't worry, anyone who's thinking about SS hint...I doubt this is related to SasuSaku. It seemed to me the parallel is the 'brothers' thing here, with Madara/Izuna and Sasuke/Itachi. More about familial bonds. It makes sense- Sasuke got his Mangekyou after he killed Itachi...the one person he actually probably loved most in the world.

Edited by fireandice, 05 February 2013 - 09:31 AM.

#29 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

Hashirama is funny, and was a very bad grandpa wink.gif But it definitely sounds like his heart was in the right place as Hokage, far more than Tobirama.

As far as pairings go for Sasuke, actually I think it hints toward SasuKar- remember Karin's of the Uzumaki clan, and Sasuke knows it now. Don't think that pairing will happen to the end of the manga though. I do think it's pointing toward Sasuke making the choice to be a wanderer at the end.

I like the rounding out of Orochimaru's character we've seen since we got Kabuto's back story. You can see better why Jiraiya tried to reach Orochimaru now. You obviously can't trust him, but you can see a glimpses of the person he was beneath what he became. (The first hint of that was actually in the first team 7 part two reunion arc- where he prevents Sasuke from killing Naruto and Sakura, But it's so subtle that I wonder how many readers caught it at the time.)

Edited by ciardha, 05 February 2013 - 09:43 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#30 fireandice

fireandice

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Feb 5 2013, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hashirama is funny, and was a very bad grandpa wink.gif But it definitely sounds like his heart was in the right place as Hokage, far more than Tobirama.

As far as pairings go for Sasuke, actually I think it hints toward SasuKar- remember Karin's of the Uzumaki clan, and Sasuke knows it now. Don't think that pairing will happen to the end of the manga though. I do think it's pointing toward Sasuke making the choice to be a wanderer at the end.

About Tobirama I like how Kishi is making the Hokages all realistic...not all lovey sunshine and bunnies! I suppose the hint with the fact that Tobirama created the Edo Tensei was an indication of how his personality differs from Hashirama.

I don't think Tobirama is necc a bad Hokage...but I suppose he was more calculating and cynical, more like Danzou, IRONICALLY! I suppose he just really differed from Hashirama, being less trusting of the Uchiha.

EDIT: Omg if Hashirama finds out what Madara did to his beloved granddaughter, Madara totally better run for his life...

Edited by fireandice, 05 February 2013 - 09:45 AM.

#31 neoshadow

neoshadow

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

I love the revelation of Hashirama's personality, that he would be so Naruto like is so unexpected and yet so perfect and to be honest I like how serious and prejudiced Tobirama is, it shows that even the previous Hokage who have been put on pedestals to a degree weren't perfect. It seems to me that how Hashirama and Tobirama's interact will mirror Naruto and Sasuke's at the end of the series.

Poor Tsunade, her grandfather has no faith in her, I really want to see the Hokage enter the battlefield just to have Tsunade and Hashirama interact. Naruto and Minato etc. I also can't help but feel Hashirama will end up being the one to heal Tsunade.

It's going to be interesting to see what Sasuke does from here.

Edited by neoshadow, 05 February 2013 - 09:57 AM.

#32 fireandice

fireandice

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE (neoshadow @ Feb 5 2013, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love the revelation of Hashirama's personality, that he would be so Naruto like is so unexpected and yet so perfect and to be honest I like how serious and prejudiced Tobirama is, it shows that even the previous Hokage who have been put on pedestals to a degree weren't perfect. It seems to me that Hashirama and Tobirama's interactions will mirror Naruto and Sasuke's at the end of the series.

Poor Tsunade, her grandfather has no faith in her, I really want to see the Hokage enter the battlefield just to have Tsunade and Hashirama interact. Naruto and Minato etc. I also can't help but feel Hashirama will end up being the one to heal Tsunade.

It's going to be interesting to see what Sasuke does from here.

Hmm to be fair I don't think Hashirama really has no faith in her... I guess because his memory of Tsunade is the little girl he spoilt wink.gif Then, the next moment, to wake up and hear she's Hokage must be a bit of a "HUH WHAT?!" Like if someone had a coma for forty years and woke up to hear their snot-nosed younger sibling is now the US President or something lol.

#33 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE (fireandice @ Feb 5 2013, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think Tobirama is necc a bad Hokage...but I suppose he was more calculating and cynical, more like Danzou, IRONICALLY! I suppose he just really differed from Hashirama, being less trusting of the Uchiha.

Y'know, I kinda wonder if Tobirama was Danzou's sensei while Hashirama was Hiruzen's sensei. You can see very clearly how their philosophies differ, much like Hiruzen and Danzo.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#34 neoshadow

neoshadow

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE (fireandice @ Feb 5 2013, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm to be fair I don't think Hashirama really has no faith in her... I guess because his memory of Tsunade is the little girl he spoilt wink.gif Then, the next moment, to wake up and hear she's Hokage must be a bit of a "HUH WHAT?!" Like if someone had a coma for forty years and woke up to hear their snot-nosed younger sibling is now the US President or something lol.

Oh I was just joking but forgot to add the emoticon. Whoops.
But yeah it is exactly that, its why I now want them to meet again. For some reason Tsunade being teased in front of the entire alliance like shes 6 again seems like it would be a great moment.

#35 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

So as I see, I'm not the only one who thought about that Hashirama = Naruto and Mito being some type of tsundere who kept him in check... biggrin.gif

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#36 reagan48

reagan48

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

I have to say, I really enjoyed this chapter. I admit, I thought it was going to be another boring segment of "how many panels can we make Sasuke glare and say nothing" - which DID happen, but it actually really made me feel sorry for him.

This poor kid, because of his background, was doomed the moment he was born (at least, that's what I took from it). I'm sure this is the tactic Kishi's going for. It makes him human again (along with the other "bad guys"). Well played Kishimoto - although at first, my immediate thought was "oh great, a SasuSaku setup", until I read further lol. After reading this chapter, I just don't see a huge, good vs evil, epic final battle between Naruto and Sasuke. Maybe, just maybe, if it does happen, it'll be for the title of Hokage. But I'm just speculating. Who knows what curve ball Kishi will throw next.

Anyway, the hokages were hilarious, and I'm excited to see what they have to say in the upcoming chapters about the Leaf.

It would also be nice to see Sakura again (she's still in this shonen right?) bahahaaa!

"Naruto... You saved Konoha... And now you're trying to save the entire shinobi world... You always get left with these insurmountable tasks... But no matter what you say this time, we're going to be together..."

#37 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (reagan48 @ Feb 5 2013, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to say, I really enjoyed this chapter. I admit, I thought it was going to be another boring segment of "how many panels can we make Sasuke glare and say nothing" - which DID happen, but it actually really made me feel sorry for him.

This poor kid, because of his background, was doomed the moment he was born (at least, that's what I took from it). I'm sure this is the tactic Kishi's going for. It makes him human again (along with the other "bad guys"). Well played Kishimoto - although at first, my immediate thought was "oh great, a SasuSaku setup", until I read further lol. After reading this chapter, I just don't see a huge, good vs evil, epic final battle between Naruto and Sasuke. Maybe, just maybe, if it does happen, it'll be for the title of Hokage. But I'm just speculating. Who knows what curve ball Kishi will throw next.

Anyway, the hokages were hilarious, and I'm excited to see what they have to say in the upcoming chapters about the Leaf.

It would also be nice to see Sakura again (she's still in this shonen right?) bahahaaa!

Yeah that my first thought when hokage mention about uchiha love and madara motivation because of mito reject him.
But it's not. I think kishimoto set up naruto tnj sasuke and he will use his brotherly love

#38 Heaven on Earth

Heaven on Earth

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE (Chatte @ Feb 5 2013, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So as I see, I'm not the only one who thought about that Hashirama = Naruto and Mito being some type of tsundere who kept him in check... biggrin.gif

Kishi loves parallels tongue.gif
Madara lost his brother, just like Sasuke lost Itachi in his life.
Kishi made Sasuke's character for brotherly-things, an important theme in this shounen manga. That's why I'm not scared of SS. Sasuke wasn't made for romance just like SS fans thought.
Kishi made Naruto (maybe) just like Hashi, a bright person, with a woman staying by his side (ah, I'm saying this because we knew Hashi has Mito in his life while Madara has no one). Hashirama and Mito, wow, I can see them as Naruto and Sakura.

Next, we'll see Hashirama's explanation. If we lucky, maybe we'll see Mito wub.gif
Please, Kishi! Just ... don't make her such a shy, quiet girl like someone we already knew

#39 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

Well that explained SO MUCH!!! tongue.gif So the Uchiha are the living embodiment of "Love makes you Cuckoo" cool.gif Is this an Othello reference? rolleyes.gif
well lets see Hashirama actually has a Naruto like demeanor, so i HOPE that means Mito was a strong willed "firecracker" like my favourite Kunoichi in this series biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rocci @ Feb 5 2013, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah that my first thought when hokage mention about uchiha love and madara motivation because of mito reject him.
But it's not. I think kishimoto set up naruto tnj sasuke and he will use his brotherly love

Me nos remember him thinking of Sakura in a personal manner when thinking of bonds. That is usually Naruto. If Sakura ever popped in his head it was as a member of team 7 the way I see it.

Edited by Phantom_999, 05 February 2013 - 10:59 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#40 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Feb 5 2013, 03:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well that explained SO MUCH!!! tongue.gif So the Uchiha are the living embodiment of "Love makes you Cuckoo" cool.gif Is this an Othello reference? rolleyes.gif

I actually see it more like that the Uchiha are nothing more than babies whining whenever something is lost. This really is some kind of Freudian complex here the Uchiha cannot accept reality so they try to create their own because they can't stand losing everything.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users