#1 Wubbzy

Wubbzy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Music, reading, writing, and dancing

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:22 PM

I had this idea that I would like to propose as a challenge since there are so many amazing and talented writers here. If someone already proposed it, or if there is a fic like this already, I have not seen it. Still, it would be interesting to see different takes on this change in the timeline:

What would happen if Sakura was quicker in raising her hand during the written portion of the chuunin exams? Or, if Naruto was a bit slower in giving his speech? What if they failed the chuunin exams because Sakura ended up raising her hand in the end?

It would be interesting to see the inner turmoil with team seven if this were to happen, or the possible resentment her teammates may have towards Sakura for doing this, along with if there was a rift between them because of it or not. It would also be interesting to see what would happen if/when they figure out why Sakura rose her hand and effectively failed all of them. 

It would be cool to know the aftermath of this, since so much would change if they didn't participate in the chuunin exams, along with how this would change the characters and their views. 

When I was thinking of this challenge, I was of course thinking of a NaruSaku pairing. But honestly, the aftermath of this small decision would be amazing to see no matter what, since so much could and would change.

Edited by Wubbzy, 10 January 2017 - 09:36 PM.

NaruSaku <3

~

Fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/~wubbzy

~

#2 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:13 PM

I had this idea that I would like to propose as a challenge since there are so many amazing and talented writers here. If someone already proposed it, or if there is a fic like this already, I have not seen it. Still, it would be interesting to see different takes on this change in the timeline:

What would happen if Sakura was quicker in raising her hand during the written portion of the chuunin exams. Or, if Naruto was a bit slower in giving his speech. What if they failed the chuunin exams because Sakura ended up raising her hand in the end.

It would be interesting to see the inner turmoil with team seven if this were to happen, or the possibly resentment her teammates may have towards Sakura for doing this, along with if there was a rift between them because of it or not. It would also be interesting to see what would happen if/when they figure out why Sakura rose her hand and effectively failed all of them. 

It would be cool to know the aftermath of this, since so much would change if they didn't participate in the chuunin exams, along with how this would change the characters and their views. 

When I was thinking of this challenge, I was of course thinking of a NaruSaku pairing. But honestly, the aftermath of this small decision would be amazing to see no matter what, since so much could and would change.

Not a bad idea its a shame I gave up writing Naruto stories after the horrible ending I hate the series I have no inspiration to continue writing. I want nothing to do with Naruto.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#3 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:16 PM

If I was doing this story I would pair Sai and Sakura. I think the fallout could eventually led Sakura to quit the team(instead of being kicked out) and she was somehow inducted into Anbu Root training where she meets Sai. Sounds like a good idea but I doubt I'd be able to do this. 

Edited by Luna, 10 January 2017 - 04:16 PM.

#4 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:47 PM

I'll do it. Let's see what I'll come up with.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#5 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:05 PM

Good luck. :smile:

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#6 Wubbzy

Wubbzy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:24 PM

Not a bad idea its a shame I gave up writing Naruto stories after the horrible ending I hate the series I have no inspiration to continue writing. I want nothing to do with Naruto.

It really is a shame. I always enjoyed reading your fics. :( But yeah, the ending unfortunately made a lot of people stop writing for Naruto. Strangely, the ending actually made me write for Naruto more, haha. 

If I was doing this story I would pair Sai and Sakura. I think the fallout could eventually led Sakura to quit the team(instead of being kicked out) and she was somehow inducted into Anbu Root training where she meets Sai. Sounds like a good idea but I doubt I'd be able to do this. 

That would be an interesting take on it! Actually, that opens up the door for so much more, it would be interesting to see Sakura a part of Root. I never read a story like that before. Awww, okay, haha. If you do decide to do this, I'd love to read it! 

Yay! That's awesome, I look forward to reading it! Thank you for taking on this challenge! :D

NaruSaku <3

~

~

#7 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:08 AM

Great idea! I'd love to see what people come up with. I'll try to post something too if I get a chance!

#8 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:10 AM

Sasuke would immediately resent Sakura for quitting after he went through the effort of cheering her up before the exam (the only time he has ever done that.) Making him miss out on fighting stronger foes to challenge himself in the exams like Gaara; in a quest to become stronger for his revenge. Naruto would probably defend Sakura thinking the pressure got to her. Sakura would feel guilty on letting Sasuke down but at least be glad that she let Naruto be able to continue to pursue his dream. Not sure what Kakashi would do. More people would have quit including Hinata, but if Team 9 passed they may informed the others of the true test; which would make Sasuke angrier at her, Sakura even more guilty about it because it was all for nothing apparently, and Naruto will be upset at first but quickly come to Sakura's defense as well as try to cheer her up. Then Sakura may confess to someone while she is drowning in her guilt, why she did that. If that someone is Naruto or Naruto eventually here about it; that would move him even more in love with her because she did it for him. Then it depends where someone takes it from there.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 11 January 2017 - 04:25 PM.

#9 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:54 AM

Sasuke would immediately resent Sakura for quitting after he went through the effort of cheering her up before the exam (the only time he has ever done that.) Making him miss out on fighting stronger foes to challenge himself in the exams like Gaara; in a quest to become stronger for his revenge. Naruto would probably defend Sakura thinking the pressure got to her. Sakura would feel guilty on letting Sasuke down but at least be glad that she let Naruto be able to continue to pursue his dream. Not sure what Kakashi would do. More people would have quit including Hinata, but if Team 9 passed they may informed the others of the true test; which would make Sasuke angrier at her, Sakura even more guilty about it because it was all for nothing apparently, and Naruto will be upset at first but quickly come to Sakura's defense as well as try to cheer her up. Then Sakura may confess to someone while she is drowning in her guilt, why she did that. If that someone is Naruto or Naruto eventually here about it; that would move him even more in love with her because she did it for him. Then it depends where someone takes it from there.

lol, you put out my entire idea sort of. Of course I'll flesh it out.

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

#10 Wubbzy

Wubbzy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:05 AM

Yay, that would be awesome to see more people try the challenge! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! 

Yeah, as I tried to figure out what Naruto would do, I feel like he would at first be upset, but not show it. When he figures it out, I'd picture him wanting to get stronger, faster, so Sakura would never have to make that choice for his sake again. I feel like it would push him to do better/ get stronger. 

As for Sakura, man, I feel like she would be a rec at first, especially if Sasuke gets upset with her. That's why I'm not sure what she would go through, but I feel this would be a good chance for her character to develop and hopefully focus on becoming a better ninja and trying to have more teamwork with her team, as she tries to bring them together again. Although I don't think she would succeed since she was the reason. I feel like it'd be Naruto that did it. 

I don't know if this made any sense, haha. 

NaruSaku <3

~

~

#11 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:17 PM

It's certainly an interesting idea, I honestly don't think it would affect Naruto as much as it would affect Sasuke, I expect for Naruto it would drive him to train harder to prove himself. Sasuke on the other hand would more likely be easier to convince to join Orichimaru, as he'd be angry at missing an opportunity to test himself against strong opponents. Sakura herself could see a major identity crisis, Sasuke would not forgive her, and Naruto would forgive her but be upset and likely set himself a challenge to train harder, she wouldn't get that wake-up call she got in the forest, and might need something drastic to happen during the invasion to get her to be more serious with her training.

Ofcourse it would completely change the direction of the rest of the story, would Jiraiya still train Naruto? Would Naruto be there to convince Tsunade to become Hokage? Would that lead to Danzo being Hokage or would Jiraiya have to take the job? If Sasuke left would Sakura be there to notice this time around to send a rescue team in time? Would Shikamaru choose Naruto without seeing him fight? Would Shika even be promoted without Naruto being there to kick him into the battle field? What would happen in the invasion? would Gaara go mental, without having an opponent like Sasuke to make him bleed? And how would Konoha deal with Gaara with Naruto not having training to access Kurama's chakra or even know how to summon toads?

Tht one decision from Sakura would change so many things that who ever takes up the challenge would need to consider. Good luck to anyone who takes up the challenge.

iAnby7W.gif

#12 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:18 PM

Currently working on it. Can't wait to get it up.

#13 Wubbzy

Wubbzy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:40 AM

Hmmm, I know I brought this challenge up, but I think I now have an idea for it too. Gaaah!  Idk if I could write it (maybe a short drabble if anything). But I thought it could actually be kind of funny, with Naruto wondering if she was struggling as much as he was with the exam. I'm still thinking about it, but I could imagine Naruto saying something like them being on the same boat with not getting the questions. I can see him not being angry, but confused as to why she she raised her hand (since he knows her to be the smartest). I can see Sakura getting annoyed at him thinking she was scared for herself, or that she was not smart enough to understand them. 

Currently working on it. Can't wait to get it up.

Yay! I can't wait to read it! ^___^ 

Edited by Wubbzy, 04 February 2017 - 12:41 AM.

NaruSaku <3

~

~

#14 Wubbzy

Wubbzy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:53 AM

Gah, okay, so because I'm super impatient and this idea wouldn't leave my mind, I ended up writing up a small fic for this challenge. 

https://www.fanficti...9881/1/Too-Soon

It's not the best, but it's something haha. Just a quick oneshot of a possible outcome, but obviously doesn't go into much on what happens afterwards. Hopefully this will encourage more people to take on this challenge, so they can do this challenge justice! ^__^ 

Edited by Wubbzy, 11 February 2017 - 05:05 AM.

NaruSaku <3

~

~

#15 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:05 AM

Gah, okay, so because I'm super impatient and this idea wouldn't leave my mind, I ended up writing up a small fic for this challenge. 

It's not the best, but it's something haha. Just a quick oneshot of a possible outcome, but obviously doesn't go into much on what happens afterwards. Hopefully this will encourage more people to take on this challenge, so they can do this challenge justice! ^__^ 

You did a great job! So much packed into a little package:)

Edited by Illnevergiveup3, 12 February 2017 - 02:05 AM.

#16 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 12 February 2017 - 05:32 PM

Very nice little one shot. I've always been rather intrigued with the ideas of fanfics revolving around the Chunin exam period. So much happened during that entire arc (Orochimaru and Jiraiya introduced, Naruto and Sasuke becoming stronger, Sakura becoming braver, Sakura warming up to Naruto) that I feel just changing or tweaking a few things here and there can result in numerous, interesting paths.

Here's another fic during the prelims pertaining to NaruSaku, and in my view it's another example of how many ideas that arc can produce. https://www.fanficti...d-Preliminaries

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#17 Wubbzy

Wubbzy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 07:03 PM

You did a great job! So much packed into a little package:)

Thank you! I really appreciate that! ^__^

Very nice little one shot. I've always been rather intrigued with the ideas of fanfics revolving around the Chunin exam period. So much happened during that entire arc (Orochimaru and Jiraiya introduced, Naruto and Sasuke becoming stronger, Sakura becoming braver, Sakura warming up to Naruto) that I feel just changing or tweaking a few things here and there can result in numerous, interesting paths.

Here's another fic during the prelims pertaining to NaruSaku, and in my view it's another example of how many ideas that arc can produce. https://www.fanficti...d-Preliminaries

Thank you so much! I definitely agree! So many things can change during the chuunin exams. I mean, really, it's what sets the stage for what happens in the following arcs, with Sasuke leaving, etc. But I've read that fic before, it's really well done and one of my favorites! :D 

NaruSaku <3

~

~

#18 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:53 AM

Here's my attempt. I hope I did the story and both Naruto and Sakura-Chan justice. I worked hard on it, so hopefully you enjoy it:)

https://www.fanficti...714/1/Our-Dream

Edited by Illnevergiveup3, 03 March 2017 - 09:16 AM.

#19 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:10 PM

Here's my attempt. I hope I did the story and both Naruto and Sakura-Chan justice. I worked hard on it, so hopefully you enjoy it:)

Just read it and it's really good. Do you plan on continuing with this, cause it's really good and the timeline would be more interesting with this happening especially with sasuke being a bigger kitten, it's not like itachi busy with anything sure he'd wait and die just as sasuke showed up.

#20 Wubbzy

Wubbzy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:28 AM

This looks so awesome! I'm sure you did do them justice! I'm going to start reading now! :D

NaruSaku <3

~

~

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NaruSaku, Chuunin Exams, Challenge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users