Close
Photo

Kishi made Sasuke into a terrible person.

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:55 PM

Yeah, I know. I just find it hard to believe that he was willing to kitten on Sasuke in this way. I guess in his misogynistic mind Sasuke actually looks good.

Sakura is based on his wife, who by all accounts I could find over the years, he does love very much. Naruto is based off him when he was younger. While Sasuke was either based off a friend from college, his brother, or some mixture of them. So he doesn't like SS, just as his wife doesn't like nH (since that's her husband with another woman that she is apparently nothing like.) So he's not going to make SS look good under any circumstances, but he's not going to make Sakura a bad mother either. 

#22 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:37 AM

It atill boggles the mind why he ended it like he did, other than the monies.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#23 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:41 AM

It atill boggles the mind why he ended it like he did, other than the monies.

It's possible that he thought he did leave the option for NHSS and didn't actually realize how terrible it would make everything. I know one thing, if he could do it over he certainly wouldn't do it again. Because he would probably have more money if everything was still successful. That's the only reason.

Edited by DrK, 01 December 2017 - 12:41 AM.

#24 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:07 PM

tyTc1Nl.jpg

#25 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:16 PM

Sasuke has always been a bad person, but what I think there is a difference between a bad person and a bad character.

We know Sasuke is an introvert, a loner, and a down right pratically emo kind of guy. That was never the problem with him. In fact, loved his character like this, but Sasuke was turned into a bad character simply for the sake of pairing choice.

Like you said, they pushed Sasuke to Sakura not because they made sense as a couple, but because they wanted Sakura out of the way for NH. So they threw away Sasuke as a character and for a brief moment all of a sudden made him care about Sakura, love her, and become open about feelings just long enough to put them together...and then turned him back into an introvert once it is all said and done.

Sorry, Sasuke, we are only going to temporarily give you feelings and emotions until you produce a kids and then you are back into an introvert. That is horrible story writing and how he became a bad character. You don't just randomly give a character an emotion response when in reality he has none just to make a story point and then forget about it.

Sasuke was always a bad person...and we kind of liked that about him. He was edgy and that is fine.
What is not fine is when they turn Sasuke into an all of a sudden extrovert just long enough to become a kid and then back into his old introvert self as soon as the baby is born without any explanation. That kitten is just bad writing.

It's like Superman and kryptonite where the degree of power changes based on story. A whole man made of kryptonite and Superman powers through it defeating the enemy before blacking out, but then in the next story is immediatly paralyzed by a small tiny ring with a kryptonite stone.That's bad writing.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#26 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:45 PM

Sasuke has always been a bad person, but what I think there is a difference between a bad person and a bad character.

Caim from Drakengard says hi. Well, he would if he could still speak.

Caim is great. A silent protagonist completely consumed by bloodlust, and this is shown through his decisions and actions during the game. While the enemies he faces are worse, the game makes no effort to sugarcoat just how messed up it's lead is. His companions make numerous comments to how ax-crazy he is and at one point he chooses to go down an massacre a bunch of child soldiers the enemy is forcing to fight. In Drakengard 2 all that was needed to make him an antagonist was to put the player on the other end of his sword. His creators knew who he was and made sure to get that through to the player.

Edited by RulesofNature, 01 December 2017 - 10:52 PM.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#27 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:38 PM

Sasuke would have been an UTTERLY fantastic villain. Instead we got that kitten wishy-washy "Forgiveness." theme that made literally 0 sense with how it was implemented. 

#28 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:34 AM

Sasuke would have been an UTTERLY fantastic villain. Instead we got that kitten wishy-washy "Forgiveness." theme that made literally 0 sense with how it was implemented. 

Or he at least should have been a martyr. Instead he just continues to exist so he can do something nebulous that did not need to be a story element, while destroying the heroine of the story for the sake of a character that became a housewife who never did anything ever again.

#29 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:25 AM

682248fe4c4df08bcd54ffa206824b05500d1033

#30 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:29 AM

Or he at least should have been a martyr. Instead he just continues to exist so he can do something nebulous that did not need to be a story element, while destroying the heroine of the story for the sake of a character that became a housewife who never did anything ever again.

Even if he became a martyr in the end it wouldn't wipe out his bad past. 

I mean lets not forget this is the Kid who Would have killed Naruto in the first Valley of the End fight. He literally LEFT Naruto in the water unconscious to die. The only reason he lived was because of Kyuubi. And then he KEEPS trying to kill people. If that doesn't make you a bad person IDK what the kitten you have to do to be considered one. 

#31 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:30 AM

Even if he became a martyr in the end it wouldn't wipe out his bad past. 

I mean lets not forget this is the Kid who Would have killed Naruto in the first Valley of the End fight. He literally LEFT Naruto in the water unconscious to die. The only reason he lived was because of Kyuubi. And then he KEEPS trying to kill people. If that doesn't make you a bad person IDK what the kitten you have to do to be considered one. 

Well, he could have finished off Naruto if he wanted to. He states that he let him live due to a whim later. So I give him some credit for that honestly. It doesn't feel great because Naruto wasn't trying to kill him, but still.

#32 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:33 AM

did he "Let him live." as in he knew Naruto was going to live, or did he "Meh if you live you live, if you die you die." 

Because Naruto very well could have died due to complications for all Sasuke knew :zaru: 

#33 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:35 AM

did he "Let him live." as in he knew Naruto was going to live, or did he "Meh if you live you live, if you die you die." 

Because Naruto very well could have died due to complications for all Sasuke knew :zaru:

He did not know about the Kyuubi at that time, so the logical assumption is the latter. But I believe the narrative intent was closer to the former because of his later statement. But, I'm all for highlighting inconsistencies that have nothing to do with Sakura, so let's just say it was the latter.

#34 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:39 AM

I mean lets just consider the fact that a GOOD person would probably not have had this fight to begin with, and secondly, if they really felt bad about it (Like they should have.) they would have administered some kind of aid, checked of a pulse, waited for help....put them in the basic "Recovery" position so they don't choke on their own vomit or something while unconscious. 

Just some little things that could have redeemed the whole kitten show. Instead its just Sasuke flouncing off, being a selfish emo prick. 

#35 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:40 AM

I mean lets just consider the fact that a GOOD person would probably not have had this fight to begin with, and secondly, if they really felt bad about it (Like they should have.) they would have administered some kind of aid, checked of a pulse, waited for help....put them in the basic "Recovery" position so they don't choke on their own vomit or something while unconscious. 

Just some little things that could have redeemed the whole kitten show. Instead its just Sasuke flouncing off, being a selfish emo prick. 

It really makes you think about how selfishness was ultimately rewarded. Like look at the selfless characters, Naruto and Sakura. They're both stuck with selfish ppl who don't make them happy. Their lives are ruined because Hinata and Sasuke didn't care to be selfless themselves. Well, their lives are ruined because Kishimoto had no spine when it came to writing his story. But I digress.

#36 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:43 AM

The entire series is basically teaching people TO BE SELFISH and unaccountable for their own failings.  Naruto going after Sasuke at the cost of everything else is him being selfish. Sasuke pursuing his "Revenge" at the cost of everything else is him being selfish. 

Sai, the emotional retard that he is probably the least selfish person on team 7. 

#37 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:45 AM

The entire series is basically teaching people TO BE SELFISH and unaccountable for their own failings.  Naruto going after Sasuke at the cost of everything else is him being selfish. Sasuke pursuing his "Revenge" at the cost of everything else is him being selfish. 

Sai, the emotional retard that he is probably the least selfish person on team 7. 

Don't forget selfish Kakashi, who did absolutely every one of his actions out of a desire to feel better about causing the deaths of his comrades 20 years ago, with no thought given towards his naive kids who could also die as a result.

#38 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:48 AM

^^ Like 

WHY did he even allow them the chance to enter the Chuunin exams knowing full well they could die? Especially Sakura of all people. I like Kakashi but if I linger on that thought it honestly makes me want to strangle him. He's sending KIDS to fight knowing full well they're not prepared as a team for what might come at them, and look what happens as a result, Sasuke gets targeted, Sakura gets the kitten beat out of her. He then feels like he "HAS" to teach blood thirsty nutjob Sasuke a deadly technique. 

Its a good thing Kakashi never had children....Stupid shouldn't breed. 

#39 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:49 AM

^^ Like 

WHY did he even allow them the chance to enter the Chuunin exams knowing full well they could die? Especially Sakura of all people. I like Kakashi but if I linger on that thought it honestly makes me want to strangle him. He's sending KIDS to fight knowing full well they're not prepared as a team for what might come at them, and look what happens as a result, Sasuke gets targeted, Sakura gets the kitten beat out of her. He then feels like he "HAS" to teach blood thirsty nutjob Sasuke a deadly technique. 

Its a good thing Kakashi never had children....Stupid shouldn't breed. 

They aren't your students anymore... They're now my soldiers. *Proceeds to not train them to be soldiers, leaving them as basically academy student ninjas*

#40 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:52 AM

:lmao: I guess he figured "Well I mean its not like they haven't seen DEAD people already. My kids were exposed early in the land of wave So they're like ahead of the curve, do I really need to train the weakest link of the team? Nah. The other two can carry her weight. Its not like something could ever happen to THEM."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users