#21 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Apr 9 2010, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I sadly don't see any NS moments for a while U.U ... I will survive *theme music*

Yeah, that's why i think Tsunade will:

Tsunade: So Sakura when are you gonna ask him out?
Sakura: What do you mean Master?
Tsunade: You know who i'm talking about.
Sakura: You mean Naruto!?
Tsunade: Yes, Sakura, you must follow your heart and don't let a moment slip by before it's too late.
Sakura: Master i'm. i'm sorry.
Tsunade wipes her tears
Tsunade: No i'm okay. But Naruto has became the village hero so you better hurry up before some other kunoichi gets him.
Tsunade smills
Tsunade: Like me. happy.gif
Sakura: LADY TSUNADE!! Alright i'll follow my heart.
Sakura says to herself (I promise i won't give up on you Naruto, and i won't let you die, i.i'll give you a reason to live and we'll have a happy future together) Tsunade wipes Sakura's tears and says:
Tsunade: It's time Sakura i teached you sage arts of the slug, besides i'm not getting younger!

#22 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Apr 9 2010, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, that's why i think Tsunade will:

Tsunade: So Sakura when are you gonna ask him out?
Sakura: What do you mean Master?
Tsunade: You know who i'm talking about.
Sakura: You mean Naruto!?
Tsunade: Yes, Sakura, you must follow your heart and don't let a moment slip by before it's too late.
Sakura: Master i'm. i'm sorry.
Tsunade wipes her tears
Tsunade: No i'm okay. But Naruto has became the village hero so you better hurry up before some other kunoichi gets him.
Tsunade smills
Tsunade: Like me. happy.gif
Sakura: LADY TSUNADE!! Alright i'll follow my heart.
Sakura says to herself (I promise i won't give up on you Naruto, and i won't let you die, i.i'll give you a reason to live and we'll have a happy future together) Tsunade wipes Sakura's tears and says:
Tsunade: It's time Sakura i teached you sage arts of the slug, besides i'm not getting younger!

Sadly Kishi won't do this it's too focus on romance. However I do sense Sakura having a flashback that she mentions her confession to Tsunade that's it.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#23 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:43 AM

I am just trying to say that in a Shonen manga, romance can exist. Yes, action is the main focus, but that doesn't mean romance never happens or that they cannot have romantic scenes.

To be honest having romantic, emotional, or even heartfelt scenes makes the characters more human and more believable. Not just characters in a book that behave like robots.

I still believe there will be a kissing scene between Naruto and Sakura.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#24 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:52 AM

In Shonen Action is first and Romance is second. There more or less should be Romance; like James said, it makes them more human. But that doesn't necassarily mean there's going to be a kissing scene, though I must say I would think there would be seeing as there was a hug scene; a romantic hug scene.
As for InuYasha, I honestly never knew that it was Shonen... The whole thing was practically romance.

#25 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Apr 10 2010, 03:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In Shonen Action is first and Romance is second. There more or less should be Romance; like James said, it makes them more human. But that doesn't necassarily mean there's going to be a kissing scene, though I must say I would think there would be seeing as there was a hug scene; a romantic hug scene.
As for InuYasha, I honestly never knew that it was Shonen... The whole thing was practically romance.

A man can dream. A boy has a right to dream. There are endless possibilities are stretched out before them.

I really don't know where this "No kissing scenes" in a Shonen manga rule originated from. It is all because there is no Shonen manga that has a kissing scene ever or is it that if even a hint of romance is present it is not considered Shonen? I know Shonen is intended for "young men," but are you going to tell me that men hate kissing scenes? Really? I guess I am the black sheep of my sex, but I love the romantic stuff...if it is done right.

Lets see, in Naruto we have
-Romantic hugging
-Sexy No Jutsu
-Girl on girl love - Though this was a one time thing
-Guy on guy love - as was this.
-Two guys kissing
-sexual tension and adult themes
-and constant romantic crushes.

but we can't have a kissing scene...that is just utterly bad for a Shonen manga.

We have A kissing scene between Naruto and Sasuke. Yeah I know it was an accident, but still it was a kissing scene.
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/3/08/

I mean look at that. ^^^

Come on Kishimoto, you are the one mangaka I trust to make the best manga. Break the mold for once, be the non-conformist.

And yes InuYasha is a Shonen manga. At least I think it is, pretty sure it is as it is always under that category I find it in.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 10 April 2010 - 12:25 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#26 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:57 PM

Exactly James-kun kruemelmonsteryn0.gif
And meant for young men...? Pff. He better know there are girls out there >.> ones that just happen to buy the t-shirts, manga's and posters *cough* me *cough*
I wouldn't mind a kissing scene. I think it'd be adorable... As long as it's in the right place, right time. Shonen can have Romance, it's 2nd place as Action is 1st. InuYasha is a great example of Shonen-romance. The whole thing was freakin' Romance. Drama anyone..? Lmao.
I can't say I see a kiss anytime soon (Unless Kishi pulls out an unexpected moment) but... With there feelings out in the open (which is at the moment being ignored by both sides) I say it's only a matter of time till canon. I know it's not official but I'm pretty sure that other pairings are dead. NS is the only real possibility standing... At the moment.

#27 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:58 PM

i would really like a kiss i mean it will probably end like avatar a kiss at the end.

shipp-chan i jest dont see evidence /development like any other manga pairings. i find this fact its ns or nothing

Edited by SS3 Goku, 10 April 2010 - 01:03 PM.

#28 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (SS3 Goku @ Apr 10 2010, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i would really like a kiss i mean it will probably end like avatar a kiss at the end.

Maybe. But I see it more as before Naruto goes off to fight Sasuke, she doesn't want him to die and etc.

Edited by ShippudenGirl, 10 April 2010 - 01:02 PM.

#29 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2010 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Apr 10 2010, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe. But I see it more as before Naruto goes off to fight Sasuke, she doesn't want him to die and etc.

mabe it will i hope so i jest hope kish dosnt pull it out of nowere.

#30 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 01:25 PM

I am not asking for them to kiss right here right now in front of the world and when it is the most convenient.

I actually want them to kiss when it is not convenient. Like what Shippudengirl said, like when Naruto goes off to fight Sasuke.

Oh even better idea. The time when everyone thinks Naruto died in battle and Sakura cries over him. She kisses him and he wakes back up. Sort of like a sleeping beauty kind of thing.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#31 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2010 - 01:30 PM

sigh jest about everything has ben done for a kiss.

#32 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 01:39 PM

Well, the sleeping beauty thing is, eh. But I think before the battle. Aw, that'd be the sweetest!

#33 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Apr 10 2010, 06:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, the sleeping beauty thing is, eh. But I think before the battle. Aw, that'd be the sweetest!

Hrumph *crosses arms* Fine then. Why before the battle? That seems corny. You how many times I have seen the underdog get kissed right before they are about to go into a battle or a race or something?

Perchance a better notion of what I suggested before. Right before Naruto is about to fight Madara in a fight he thinks he cannot win, Sakura grabs him and aggressively kisses him figuring it might be the last thing she ever might do with him.

I can see that as more plausible.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#34 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:13 PM

I don't get the whole "shonen" stuff, wouldn't it be better to write your own story than follow some template >_>

#35 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (pharix @ Apr 10 2010, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't get the whole "shonen" stuff, wouldn't it be better to write your own story than follow some template >_>

They do write there own stories, but it's like a genre. I suppose.
Like we said before, InuYasha is almost all romance but it's a shonen, it's weird.

#36 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (pharix @ Apr 10 2010, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There has always been some criteria that seperated shounen from shoujo and other tpes of mangas. Rave Master had several romantic moments and even marriage at the end and it was Shounen. happy.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 10 April 2010 - 10:31 PM.

#37 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:10 PM

Shonen manga isn't a genre. It is a label indicates the objective public the work targets at ("shonen" means young boy).

Therefore, shonen manga isn't limited to a single genre (action/fighting). All kind of stories can be told in shonen manga: giant robots (Mazinger-Z, Gundam, Tetsujin 28-go), history (Rurouni Kenshin, Legend of Kamui), sci-fi (Battle Angel Alita, Astroboy, Captain Harlock, Space Cruiser Yamato), terror (Gegege no Kitaro, Devilman), thriller (City Hunter), mythology (Saint Seiya, Shurato, Dragon Ball at the beginning), sports (Captain Tsubasa, Slam Dunk, Touch), animals (Jungle Emperor), high fantasy (Record of Lodoss War, Slayers, Windaria), martial arts, humor, supernatural... and romance, too.

I have read many romance-themed shonen mangas (Touch, Kimagure Orange Road, Video Girl Ai, Love Hina...) and shonen mangas featured romance heavily (City Hunter, Ranma 1/2, Urusei Yatsura...) right like there are shonen mangas featuring humor or terror heavily, even if it isn't the main genre.

But since the intended public is young teens, and publishers believe -rightly or mistakenly- young boys mainly like action and fights, many shonen mangas are heavily action-oriented.

Of course, you can use this reasoning with shojo mangas, too. Only because many of them are heavily romance-oriented, it doesn't mean they can't feature action or fights. Sailor Moon, RG Veda or Fushigi Yuugi come to mind like obvious examples.

It really bothers me when people assumes shonen means always fights and no romance and shojo romance and no fights. That is untrue.

(It is also possible some of the mangas I have mentioned are seinen instead of shonen. I think my point stands, nevertheless).

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#38 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Apr 10 2010, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There has always been some criteria that seperated shounen from shoujo and other tpes of mangas. Rave Master had several romantic moments and even marriage at the end and it was Shounen. happy.gif

There are plenty of shonen, even action shonen stories, that have strong romantic plotlines, the main difference between more action orientated shoujo and action orientated shonen that have romance in them is that in shoujo the is a fair amount of kissing- even in younger shoujo manga, and in older shoujo manga (like Yuu Watase's) lovemaking scenes aren't unusual.

In shonen while there's often plenty of female nudity, panty shots, males peeping on females at hot springs, male characters "accidentally" grabbing a female characters breast, romantic scenes with kisses are rare in shonen. But often in both shoujo and shonen manga a final chapter epilogue will leap forward in time and show the romantic pair(s) married and parents, most in both genres will at least hint a marriage is certain eventually.

There are a few exceptions, of course, but those are rare. In shoujo it's almost always stories where the girl is more passive/submissive/worshiping of the main boy where ending is hazier or the few unhappy endings. Shonen has even fewer of the unhappy endings of the romantic plotline than shoujo, but again it's almost always the girl who is more submissive and hero worshiping of the main male character that gets the unhappy ending.

Unless Kishimoto kills one or both of them (highly unlikely, I'll add, that he'll kill either), I'm certain Kishimoto will have them together at end- most likely as parents of a couple of kids. smile.gif
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#39 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:10 AM

i really wish kish would have a part 3

random comment. oh since kish has a computer do yous think he reads our threads?

KISH MAKE A PART THREE

#40 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE (SS3 Goku @ Apr 10 2010, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i really wish kish would have a part 3

random comment. oh since kish has a computer do yous think he reads our threads?

KISH MAKE A PART THREE

Kishi doesn't have a computer. fu.png
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users