• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Sairensu Kirei

Sairensu Kirei

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:17 PM

Hello! As stated in my introduction I'm an illustrator and wanted to get some feedback on my artwork while I'm here. So far I have this one sketched out and wanted some critique on it before I ink and color it.

It's a pic of older NaruSaku and my own chara Kirei as "Team 7" down the road. It's from an old RPG I used to be a part of. =) More to come soon!

Attached File  team7.jpg   140.97KB   73 downloads

#2 Coupe

Coupe

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Random stuff

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:33 AM

Nice work. 2 thubs up! biggrin.gif
Conversation between me and my awesome drama teacher whilst watching Alfred Hitchcocks The Birds.

Are the birds some kind of Communist secret weapon?
No Jordan.

Are the birds under some kind of mind control by Big Bird from sesame street? Will Big Bird turn out to be the murderer? Will that girl turn around and big bird is behind her and she gets stabbed in the face?
No Jordan.

Is this the chickens revenge on Colonel Sanders?
Yes Jordan, this is a movie about an all bird terrorist group, led by big bird, funded by Communists on a mission to kill Colonel Sanders.

Really?
No Jordan.

#3 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:43 PM

**bows down**

Holy carp! I love your style!

But since you asked for a critique, I have to be nit picky!

Ok I really like that your shading makes sense. happy.gif There is tint on the face behind the hair where it falls. I also like that the anatomy works out well. The only thing that looks a bit odd is Sakura's left (our right) boob. tongue.gif It's just because the clothing fold on the vest stretches over a bit (or maybe I'm just confusing it with the top of the scroll holder...) and there's little shading under the boob compared with the amount of shading you did on the face. But since you are going to ink and color the pencil shading isn't THAT important... I just want to make sure that you know for when you shade with color!

The profiles are over all really good! (Thank you for making the slope of the nose at the right angle! The only issue I have is that the bottom lip protrudes a bit more than it ought to for a normal expression. It's great for pouting and stuff, but other than that... (Also the back of your OC's head is a little squished in, but this could be a style thing so don't mind me if you meant to do that! sweatdrop.gif )

Mou now I get to all good news! Ok. You did an awesome job with making the clothing look 3-D. It wraps around the characters and shows the contours of the body. :thumbs: The hair is also really well done. It has a natural feel and volume to it. (It reminds me of DC or Marvel comic style which I adore.) The pose that you did with your OC is also very well executed. You included the ribcage which makes the waist look natural.

^____^ So overall your art pwns. Keep drawing because we need more people that can make awesome art here at H&E and just in general in the world! Hope to see you around! a_hug.gif
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#4 Sairensu Kirei

Sairensu Kirei

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (Saku-chan @ May 30 2007, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
**bows down**

Holy carp! I love your style!

But since you asked for a critique, I have to be nit picky!

Ok I really like that your shading makes sense. happy.gif There is tint on the face behind the hair where it falls. I also like that the anatomy works out well. The only thing that looks a bit odd is Sakura's left (our right) boob. tongue.gif It's just because the clothing fold on the vest stretches over a bit (or maybe I'm just confusing it with the top of the scroll holder...) and there's little shading under the boob compared with the amount of shading you did on the face. But since you are going to ink and color the pencil shading isn't THAT important... I just want to make sure that you know for when you shade with color!

The profiles are over all really good! (Thank you for making the slope of the nose at the right angle! The only issue I have is that the bottom lip protrudes a bit more than it ought to for a normal expression. It's great for pouting and stuff, but other than that... (Also the back of your OC's head is a little squished in, but this could be a style thing so don't mind me if you meant to do that! sweatdrop.gif )

Mou now I get to all good news! Ok. You did an awesome job with making the clothing look 3-D. It wraps around the characters and shows the contours of the body. :thumbs: The hair is also really well done. It has a natural feel and volume to it. (It reminds me of DC or Marvel comic style which I adore.) The pose that you did with your OC is also very well executed. You included the ribcage which makes the waist look natural.

^____^ So overall your art pwns. Keep drawing because we need more people that can make awesome art here at H&E and just in general in the world! Hope to see you around! a_hug.gif

Thank you very much for the critique! n_n I see the things that you pointed out now, and I'll fix them when I ink this in Illustrator. This is actually the first time I have drawn anime since high school, I'm a bit more used to drawing in realism/DC style (w00t!). I greatly appreciate your imput! =D

#5 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:04 PM

OMFG Thank you for not getting mad! XD Sometimes when I do a critique for people who ask for them they get all defensive like, "Don't tell me what to do!" :shamefulcry0js:

So yeah no prob. happy.gif I enjoy looking at all types of art.

(Holy carp I feel young now. XD You're out of high school.................. yeah.)
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#6 Sakura~Kitsune

Sakura~Kitsune

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Location:The Forgotten Borough formerly known as Staten Island!
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Roleplaying, Magical Girls, Anime/Manga, Video Games, Music, Friends/Family, and Food!

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:50 PM

Omigosh! I love your artistic style! biggrin.gif
tumblr_n9ki6ltPXZ1qai1u2o1_500.gif

No matter how dark it is, you’re not alone you know?

The moonlight is shining on us

#7 Sairensu Kirei

Sairensu Kirei

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (Saku-chan @ May 30 2007, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMFG Thank you for not getting mad! XD Sometimes when I do a critique for people who ask for them they get all defensive like, "Don't tell me what to do!" :shamefulcry0js:

So yeah no prob. happy.gif I enjoy looking at all types of art.

(Holy carp I feel young now. XD You're out of high school.................. yeah.)

*laughs* Yeah, I'm a senior Graphic Design/Illustrator major in college right now. n_n Now I feel old....XD

QUOTE (Sakura~Kitsune @ May 30 2007, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Omigosh! I love your artistic style!

Thank you very much! n_n I was trying to get as close to Kishamoto-san's art style as I could. XD. Buuuutt some of my own style crept back in. *laughs*

#8 Lythal

Lythal

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Interesting things...

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:31 AM

That's really good, I wish I could draw XD
Every 5 out of 4 people have a problem with fractions

#9 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,841 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:16 PM

Wow this pretty good! Great Job! :thumbs:

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#10 #1NuckleHeadNinja

#1NuckleHeadNinja

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:14 AM

Whoa err.gif that's good, real good :thumbs:

#11 Deidara Lover

Deidara Lover

★ VOCALOID GURU

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:02 PM

wo0t! Lub it! You should show us some more art you did! I respect you as a greater artist then I am ( I am good ( best in grade but who cares? ) and I bow down! ) -bows- xD

LOVE IS WAR,

#12 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:04 PM

great job...I love it biggrin.gif
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#13 Xar

Xar

Cultured Shinobi

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (SakuNaruLover @ Jun 2 2007, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
great job...I love it biggrin.gif

Wow.. This is wonderful. Although I saw something while looking at Naruto's (our left, his right) eye. It sorta looks squinted compared to the other one.

My personal opinion, its a great work of art. There is however one oddity about Naruto again that I don't seem to grasp. It's his hair. Naruto's hair has always been spiky and stuff, which is great, but yours seems to go a bit... afro-ish.

Please, take everything I say with a grain of salt. I am nowhere near the level of artistry that you're at. I'm just a beginner, yet, those are the two main things I've found wrong with the whole picture. Saku-chan got the rest.

If you ever feel like coming out with a tutorial on shading *cough* =P

--[krisk] ...hehe, i know it's a cute weiner isn't it--
--[krisk] you're so pretty.--

#14 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:41 PM

Ohmygosh! Please make more! And make an official art thread! happy.gif

That picture is really good and I thought that girl was Ino before. Dunno, but definitley make an art thread and more NaruSaku stuff. :3

#15 Sairensu Kirei

Sairensu Kirei

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:34 PM

Official art thread? Do I just make a new topic in the Artist's Square? o.o

Thank you all for your comments and critiques! n_n I definitely have a a few things I'll need to fix once I ink it in Illustrator (which might be a while, since I dunno when I'm getting my new iMac!)

#16 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (Sairensu Kirei @ Jun 3 2007, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Official art thread? Do I just make a new topic in the Artist's Square? o.o

Thank you all for your comments and critiques! n_n I definitely have a a few things I'll need to fix once I ink it in Illustrator (which might be a while, since I dunno when I'm getting my new iMac!)

Yeah. Give it a little name and such and you just post your art whenever you get to it and we comment. I'm sure I'll be coming back to look at the art. happy.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users