Fanfiction Junkie

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:Fanfiction, Manga, Anime, Gaming, Books, Freeriding, Science

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:27 AM

cover.jpg?1429515123

Taken From Viz Media:

A gate to another dimension has burst open, and from it emerge gigantic invincible creatures that threaten all of humanity. Earth's only defense is a mysterious group of warriors who have co-opted the alien technology in order to fight back!

A very interesting manga  that, in my opinion, has actually the potential to become SJ's new main 'action manga'. While the main character is seriously weak he at least growths at a realistic rate and is not the typical dumb, loud and annoying hero-character that has grand aspirations and gets god-given powers.

Another plus is the world building that comes at a steady pace and doesn't dump too much on the reader too fast or too little too slow...and the set-up of the so-called 'Neighborhood' has the promise of many new and interesting settings so we can expect variety in locations, enemies and powers.

And pretty much anything unnormal, like the energy source 'trion' or that 90% of the cast are teenagers or young adults, is either flat out told or can be explained through the context of timelines, interactions or battles.

Romance hasn't been a issue at all so far and the atmosphere of the chapters doesn't make it look like it will become one in the forseeable future so nobody has to fear some kind of shipping war. Which has become a plus for me as i don't have to fear that there's some big-breasted, meek girl that steals the show...hell as far as i remember there were no big breasted girls in this manga!

Now, the biggest plus of the manga are definitely the battles. Even though most (notable) enemies have unique behaviors and powers the battles are always decided through tactics, never through pure brute force. Superior enemies have to be brought down with higher numbers, quick thinking and flawless strategy and even in the situation of a battle between two equals one always triumphs through analyzing the enemy and deciding on a correct strategy instead of naruto-eque 'surprise mothakittena!' power-ups or setu-ups with no forwarning (i.e. Naruto's shadowclones in rock-henge at the end of the Pein fight).

The only negative points i have so far are the (a bit) too weak MC and that we only have 100 chapters (with only 96 translated ones).

This manga definitely has huge potential and i really hope that SJ/Shueisha/Ashihara Daisuke don't kitten this one up...

What could have been:
gallery_14986_310_31088.jpg

#2 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:25 PM

I'm currently watching the anime for this and it's decent. While it's not gonna grab you like One Piece/Naruto/Bleach right at the beginning, it keeps you interested enough to keep watching it, and the action and story pace is good so fights are not dragged out. 

4/5

#3 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:52 PM

Sounds interesting.

Edited by TheFlash, 20 April 2015 - 09:52 PM.

tumblr_n45nt0asf91t4e7bbo2_400.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users