Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:19 PM

Well

I am going to give this a try seeing as none of my online friends are available to chat with me today sad.gif

Right now i have just finished eating lunch and in the background my son is playing Kingdom Hearts II (Proud Mode I believe)

I once again have avoided all the things i needed to do this morning in favour of hanging out on the computer

Internet Addiction is BAD trust me

Tonight we will go over to play cards with my son's Grandparents which is a great time for all involved.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#2 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:37 PM

Ahh, Proud Mode. How I remember it well and fondly :3

KH3 hurry up and get here nao plskthx! >.<

Ahem XD

And interwebz iz not bad. Not bad at all I say emoticon_monocle.gif

I accepted my addiction to the shiny that is the internet a LONG time ago, so just enjoy it and just tell yourself that at least you're not addicted to something REALLY bad...like crack tongue.gif

#3 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:30 PM

Well it is Sunday Evening and my weekend is almost over sad.gif

I don't want to get all religious or anything but today the church choir (of which I am a member) sang Mozart's Laudate Dominum and it sounded great. Mozart wrote some really beautiful music.

When i got home my son was playing Kingdom Hearts II again but after lunch he switched over to Half Life 2 so I could play Final Fantasy V on the Playstation. Just the final area to go and then we are moving on to FF VI.

I have a internet friend from Japan and she was teaching me how to prepare Soba Noodles so I took the plunge tonight having bought the TSUYU sauce earlier in the week.

I have to report that they are quite tasty, the dipping sauce is delish.

Having successfully avoided all my chores for another weekend I will go to bed knowing that I have a lot to do during the week or next weekend lol

Cheers

#4 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:36 PM

Not much happening today sad.gif

I am just hanging around wanting to write something but nothing is coming out.

My son pointed out an interesting fact to me on the weekend. We are currently playing FFV in our quest to play all of the Final Fantasy Games.
He told me that when we win FFV I will have gotten to the end of every game in the series (FF11 doesn't count as it is a MMORPG) I hadn't realized that FFV is the only one that my son has won but I have not. I have played FF6 (my favourite) more than FF5 and I never got to far in V before being distracted by some other game.

My next step in Japanese cooking .....ONIGIRI... I really want to make Omurice though it sounds yummy (or Okonomiyaki)

Cheers

Edited by Verilance, 09 June 2009 - 10:37 PM.

#5 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:37 PM

I got a loving picture from my long-distance girlfriend so I am quite happy today smile.gif

Tomorrow is my birthday and I am feeling all of my many years, I never knew being older would give you so many aches and pains.

I never really hurt they are just really irritating

Pittsburgh won the Stanley Cup last night I watched a bit of it, there was a time when i wouldn't miss game but Hockey has soured on my since I am forced to watch the maple leafs lol

my son will be over soon yay

#6 Xabsol

Xabsol

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:36 PM

Happy birthday for tomorrow! laugh.gif
eep. I have no idea about final fantasy. sad.gif

#7 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:06 AM

It has been awhile since I have come here and even longer since i made an entry.

I have gone so off naruto lately and probably will until the focus moves from the boring character being written about in the current chapters.

I have a stupid cold

i absolutely hate being sick but I made a stew tonight to eat and it warmed my insides anyway

gonna go to bed early i suppose nothing else to do except play FFVI for a bit

#8 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:12 PM

I am acting again which is good,

currently rehearsing for Pirates of Penzance... wonder if they will let me wear a strawhat lol

finsihed Final Fantasy 7 and began Final Fantasy 8. FF6 took a long time to play because instead of doing it on the same machine we were both playing seperate games, me on the PS my son on his DS.

this meant of course if i didn't want to play we just stopped where we were.

My son has set goals for us in this one as he did in FF7. should be fun.

trying to get us a PS3 for our birthdays in June so we can play FF13 when we get to it. I know I am behind the times but I have many games for the PS2 and I rarely play it anymore since we are using the PS for the final fantasy games.

#9 afro261

afro261

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Playing Go, watching anime, reading manga, reading in general, writing, listening to Jazz and Classical music, playing the Alto saxophone, Cello, and Electric Bass, drawing manga, and skateboarding

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:09 AM

I've played most of the Final Fantasy games, and I'm on chapter 6 on FFXIII right now. Good luck.

#10 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:16 PM

Final fantasy 8 has been a blast we are now trying to max out our stats for the upcoming battles on disk four plus finish all the side quests.

I have been watching a youtube channel called "Cooking with Dog" anyone interested in Japanese cooking should check it out

I made Onigiri a few months ago and they turned out really well my online friend in Japan who has promised to cook for me if I ever make it over there was suitably impressed.

less than two weeks from now I should be the proud owner of a PS3 finally, my son is already talking about downloading games via playstation network lol

#11 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:30 AM

Been some time sunce I wrote anything here.

still on Final Fantasy 9 progression has slowed since the purchase of Little Big Planet 2 tongue.gif.

My son bought Star Ocean, the first Departure for his PSP and it made me want to play so I bought Star Ocean The Last Hope international and am playing through that.

Maybe this is a bad place to say this but some people on some forums (not here that I have noticed thankfully) take manga way to seriously, the rage that is expressed when the author does something they don't like is beyond belief...

and I hear in Japan some Otaku are even worse

no wonder a lot of managaka want to keep a form or anonymity

#12 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (Verilance @ Apr 3 2011, 07:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe this is a bad place to say this but some people on some forums (not here that I have noticed thankfully) take manga way to seriously, the rage that is expressed when the author does something they don't like is beyond belief...

and I hear in Japan some Otaku are even worse

no wonder a lot of managaka want to keep a form or anonymity

Yeah, Yuu Watase said she found American fans much less extreme than Japanese fans, she said she got some scary letters from Japanese fans and said they could get demanding about characters when she met them at conventions there.

And hey, someone here that's actually older than me! laugh.gif (I was born 2 years and 3 months after you. Didn't realize until now there was another 40 something on here. Whoo hoo I'm not the only middle aged narusaku fan here!)
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#13 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:46 PM

Haha, that's funny! :P

#14 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Apr 3 2011, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha, that's funny! tongue.gif

are you laughing at my age youngster? tongue.gif

seriously though I wonder sometimes if people are reading entirely different manga than I am, or perhaps it is just that I just come at it with a different point of view. On many forums you have to shovel through so much crap to find a decent point.

I know many people have their own personal biases but to not see things and then complain about how the manga is written?

baffles my mind sometimes.

Well enough ranting for today I think I will go keep my son's PS3 company until bedtime

#15 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 03:49 PM

Had a bad month

my life has been utter crap of late and am slowing trying to right the sinking ship ha ha

luckily there is always manga and video games to take me away from it all

#16 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:43 PM

Kurasawa weekend!!!

watched Yojimbo yesterday and The Hidden Fortress today both highly recommended by me.

with the Hidden Fortress it was funny because all the time you say "Oh George Lucas so ripped that part off!"

still need to see Ran to see all the Kurasawa movies that I had originally wanted to see (not that I won't see the others)

#17 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:48 PM

SASAKI_Hisashi SHONENJUMP SASAKI

Tezuka award review meeting is about to start. Judges are Toriyama-sensei, Oda-sensei, Kishimoto-sensei, Asada-sensei Tezuka production.

Shima-san, editor in chief of JUMP SQ. and myself are also the part of judges.

After review meeting, we had tempura for dinner. Food was good and conversation with judges is super fun as always.

who wouldn't have loved to be sitting in at this conversation.

I think is is great that Sasaki-san thinks enough about his north american audience to have an english twitter account

#18 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:41 PM

anyone else here watch "Cooking with Dog"

it is my favourite cooking show