30 replies to this topic

#1 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:49 AM

Hey this rikakim94  :happy: and this is my blog!

Im 19 years old, but i don't feel like that since recently my life has been going to a dark turn lately because of collage life and the fact that im growing older. So if i have a bad day or something that bothers me i think i should express about it in my blog rather than keep it to myself.

My hobbies are drawing,ranting,eating,cooking and making creative ideas in drawing or story telling most of them tend to be extreme comedy im not sure if people might like them. 

For my next post i'll talk about a certain pairing issue!  :happy: 

#2 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:57 AM

hello rikakim, nice to meet you ^^ I hope you overcome your college problems :)

tumblr_n17tev6vc61t0ss41o1_500.jpg

"You've got the need. You've got the dream" 絆ってなんだ?

GNS for life

#3 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:57 AM

The pairing issue i would like to talk about is the first season of digimon. Now i,ve noticed that people till this day complain about why the main character tai and the main girl sora never got together even my close friends think its strange that the pairing never happen casual fans that i talked to about had a problem with it to. When i had a nostalgia about the series i had a vague memory of watching digimon the movie in the threaters as a class school trip. A kid in the theater who liked the pairing sora and tai told the other kid who liked matt and sora that  there is a hint towards romance between tai and sora ,but if i recall my memory the kid who didn't like sora and tai together denied it. It wasn't until the end of the second season of digimon in my class room the kid who hated sora and tai together gave an in your face attitude towards the kid who like sora and tai they had a verbal fight in that verbal fight i did sort of join the fight for a short moment and defended tai and sora until the teacher broked them up.To be fair this was the first time i experienced a shipping war before the days of youtube,forums and internet my teacher even gave a wtf face after that fight!  :lol: after all that jazz i realized that maybe tai never liked sora in that sort of way. :sad: Until many many years later when i did reseaching digimon out of nostalgia i found an important video explaining and a information of why tai and sora never got together. The original creator of digimon Mamoru hosoda wanted to stop the series after the first series, but since it was a hit back then the studio wanted to continue it. so hasoda left and another director came this new director from what i heard hated the idea of the main guy and main girl getting together so when the second season came in he changed a lot of the original intentions of the first series. Not going to lie, but when i saw the second season i thought original characters in the first season felt occ the newer characters didn't even do justice ether.  -_- The whole sora and matt relationship felt out of blue if the second director wanted to show tai moving on from sora or vice versa he could have explain or visually show us of why there relationship never worked. Instead we just get a vague christmas episode of sora giving cookies to matt and sora just blushing to tai and talking about making a another batch of cookies for him. :confused: yeah.....the second season of digimon might had a higher rating compare to the first season of digimon but,it sure didn't have a better plot, characterization, and the contradictive ending especially soras character. She became a house wife and a fashion model didn't she despise that when she was young and hated how her mother forced her to like house like wife environment? It sort of felt anti feminist to me....

Thats pretty much the reason why i prefer the original creator should have ended the series the way he wanted to rather than having another guy come in to finish it to me thats feels like fanfiction. I know that similar situation happen to other anime tv movie series and it left a questionable taste towards the some or most fans.

Anyway that's my take on that pairing issue also this anime reviewer does a better job at explaining in depth.

http://blip.tv/jesuo...art-one-4041898

Its more than one part since she really goes in depth! because of her and researching i get the actual reason why that pairing didn't happen and im happy to know about it. Even if i moved on it still bugged me of why some elements and pairing chose in the second season season felt off... 

Edited by rikakim94, 07 June 2013 - 02:20 AM.

#4 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:59 AM

hello rikakim, nice to meet you ^^ I hope you overcome your college problems :)

Thank you! and Hopefully i will...

Edited by rikakim94, 06 June 2013 - 02:00 AM.

#5 Pocky-chan

Pocky-chan

Cavelady from 2005 or something

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • Interests:William Riker and his beard

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:47 AM

oh man Rikakim, I agree so much. Uuuuuuuuuggghhhhh taiora always strikes a cord in my childhood heart, shipped (still do) it so hard as a kid that I was in denial about season 2's ending. Bitterly warping the future between Sora and Matt's relationship to end in divorce. Haha, I was a little turd as a kid probably. Now it doesn't bother me so much because there will always be fanfiction.

FELLOW TAIORA SHIPPER LET ME HUG YOU  :argh:

#6 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

New blog! Cool!

Hmm.. well, I wish I could contribute to this discussion, but I haven't seen these 2 seasons of digimon (and to top it off, my fav seasons so far are "tamers" and "frontier").

In any case, my advice is that you also get ready for the shipping war that will happen after a pairing becomes canon in Naruto XD.

As for college... to me is one of the hardest times in any person's life, not only because of the immense amount of tasks that one must take care of, but also because of the fact that the ages of 18-25 is usually the time where we begin to realize what we want. One must endure many things, but keep in mind that you have friends, so be sure to share your troubles and seek advice whenever you need to.

Well then, until next time. ^_^

Louis (Shadow Wolf)

#7 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

oh man Rikakim, I agree so much. Uuuuuuuuuggghhhhh taiora always strikes a cord in my childhood heart, shipped (still do) it so hard as a kid that I was in denial about season 2's ending. Bitterly warping the future between Sora and Matt's relationship to end in divorce. Haha, I was a little turd as a kid probably. Now it doesn't bother me so much because there will always be fanfiction.

FELLOW TAIORA SHIPPER LET ME HUG YOU  :argh:

Good to know that im not alone! :hug:

Yeah, when second season of the finale in digimon happened i couldn't believe what had happened thank god years later i know a pretty good reason why the second season was  somewhat off.

Edited by rikakim94, 06 June 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#8 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

New blog! Cool!

Hmm.. well, I wish I could contribute to this discussion, but I haven't seen these 2 seasons of digimon (and to top it off, my fav seasons so far are "tamers" and "frontier").

In any case, my advice is that you also get ready for the shipping war that will happen after a pairing becomes canon in Naruto XD.

As for college... to me is one of the hardest times in any person's life, not only because of the immense amount of tasks that one must take care of, but also because of the fact that the ages of 18-25 is usually the time where we begin to realize what we want. One must endure many things, but keep in mind that you have friends, so be sure to share your troubles and seek advice whenever you need to.

Well then, until next time. ^_^

Louis (Shadow Wolf)

Thank you shadow wolf! :happy:  for the advice and as for the pairing wars yeah i should get ready for the internet meltdown ounce a pairing becomes canon thats when im going into hiding or focus on other series.  :ninja:  

As for collage, its a pretty long story if im in the mood i talk about it in more depth its an issue i had since i started school in general now its begining to affect me more with my school grades and a motivation for it. 

Edited by rikakim94, 06 June 2013 - 05:08 PM.

#9 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

Yeah, I always wondered why Tai and Sora didn't get together when I saw Digimon as a kid. I didn't care about pairings when I was a kid, but I always wondered. And the second season I watched it, but not really, I didn't like it like the original. I also saw tamers and frontier, I liked frontier, but not tamers.

#10 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:12 AM

Hey, srry for the late response, but this was great to read and im glad they're Taiora fans still shipping. When digimon 02 ended it really tore a hole in my heart, i know im being drammatic, but im sure u guys know how heavly invisted we get in these things and i was just a child

#11 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:28 AM

Well, that was a great read. Man, I wonder how that felt when it happened. It must be the most "WTF" childhood moment when it comes to romance. Well, I wish I knew how that felt.

#12 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

Yea I was so angry and rustated didnt make a lick of sense. It was funny I didnt even realize it was the ending and they were showing the epilogue and I was just in shock.

I pretty much only drink water and lemonade, a few times I thought their was lemonade in my cup and when I drink I find out its water. It one of the worst feeling ever, ur whole body prepares for lemondae and then suddenly ur take in water and its sends the body in a fritz.

Lol dont expect anyone to get that reference, but to sum it up it SUCKS!

#13 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

Yea I was so angry and rustated didnt make a lick of sense. It was funny I didnt even realize it was the ending and they were showing the epilogue and I was just in shock.

I pretty much only drink water and lemonade, a few times I thought their was lemonade in my cup and when I drink I find out its water. It one of the worst feeling ever, ur whole body prepares for lemondae and then suddenly ur take in water and its sends the body in a fritz.

Lol dont expect anyone to get that reference, but to sum it up it SUCKS!

Im wondering do you visit tumblr tag for taiora? i visit that tag yesterday and i couldn't believe how the opposite ship of taiora invade that tag than start just to prove a point of how we should stop shipping our ship or to feel bad about it. um....sorry thats never gonna happen to a  shipper that ships becomes canon or not.

To be fare the first digimon and second season can still be debatable till the point were both sides of the ship can never agree with each other and move on. Both sides can make point,but its never gonna be 100 percent agreeable thanks to the change and controversy of season 2. Like i said season two has a lot of flaws, most of times the shipping even feels like fanservice and tai's character did seem too boring and way to mature at times he's suppose to be fifteen or sixteen most boys around that age should still have some immature characteristics , angst  and what teenager goes through. Matt turning into a guitarist that has fan girls chasing after him is just not him at all.

bthug whats your major issue with season 2 not just the pairing but, other stuff that felt off to you. 

#14 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

Well, that was a great read. Man, I wonder how that felt when it happened. It must be the most "WTF" childhood moment when it comes to romance. Well, I wish I knew how that felt.

It was a big wtf indeed...

oh i had other ships that never happened to helga x arnold never happened show never got proper ending , digimon already explained and spectacular spider man peter x gwen show got cancelled.

its ok i had plently of other ships that happened without the show being cancelled or poorly excuted by another not to well developed ship.

#15 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

Yeah, I always wondered why Tai and Sora didn't get together when I saw Digimon as a kid. I didn't care about pairings when I was a kid, but I always wondered. And the second season I watched it, but not really, I didn't like it like the original. I also saw tamers and frontier, I liked frontier, but not tamers.

Even casual fans till this day question about it they don't make it as a big deal, but they do question about it. I guess thats how bad the ending and flawed season 2 was.

#16 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:55 PM

It was a big wtf indeed...

oh i had other ships that never happened to helga x arnold never happened show never got proper ending , digimon already explained and spectacular spider man peter x gwen show got cancelled.

its ok i had plently of other ships that happened without the show being cancelled or poorly excuted by another not to well developed ship.

Oh my god!

Hey freaking Arnold! That's the only betrayal feel I got from my childhood. The last damn episode was when Arnold finds a journal of his dad and in the end, there was a map to the island. And....never again we see the ending. The sad thing is that ending is already planned and if you didn't read it, well a canon pairing does in fact happens. That said we never got the proper ending. Tragic.

#17 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:31 AM

Im wondering do you visit tumblr tag for taiora? i visit that tag yesterday and i couldn't believe how the opposite ship of taiora invade that tag than start 

bthug whats your major issue with season 2 not just the pairing but, other stuff that felt off to you. 

1) No I dont (maybe I will :), but wow ppl go to those lengths to attack others, shocking.

Well prepare yourself cause heres my rant.

Season 2, where do i start...lets see how about the first episode. The first episode has Tai ( The Main character of 01) acting like a douche and essentially OOC, I believe he yells at Agumon and both of them are made completely useless. Tai is my favorite character, I really rooted for him and found many similarities between him and I and so when out of nowhere they change him and have him acting like this I was disgusted. 

Next up are the new kids, first off why? The first group of digi destned were my guys so why introduce new ppl, I absolutely hated that. Oh and lets not forget that through out 02 these new digi destined were made out to be far superior then their predecessors. But I will come back to this later. 

Davis Ohhh boy I hated Davis. As the "replacement" for my guy Tai this should come as no surprise. But my reasoning goes beyond pure nepotism. For starters Davis got all this attention and power that was unbefitting. The first episode he essentially gets Tai's Crest, The Crest of Courage. No effort really just gets his powers. Furthermore when they show Flamedramon digivolving its made to look like he surpasses all of Agumons forms, which is just BS cause Flamedramon is a rookie/champion lvl. Afterwards Tai gives up his signature goggles to Davis and for what may I ask? Is Tai retiring or dead? Like you said they were only 16, why were they acting like they were 30+. Just like that after one poor episode Tai is no more. He is the guy in 01, heck he narrates the prologue of episode 1 in 01, but episode 1 of 02 he's gone? WTF is that?

Another thing all the older characters we grew to know and love completely changed. Again going back to age, it had only been a few yrs so why all these massive changes. They changed Sora for no freakin reason. She didn't like playing Soccer anymore....and plays Tennis now? Soccer was how she knew Tai, it was one of the things that kept them together. Out of nowhere they managed to separate Tai and Sora. 

Now going back to previous pt, these 2 new characters had the powers of 6 of the previous digi destined. Two more powerful forms each, then when the spires went down they received a normal digivolution that was still a champion but stronger then the others!?!?!?!

The also abused the kitten out of DNA digivoultion, which w.e idc, but theirs was not one single nod to Omnimon, one of the strongest digimon ever created which was done through the first known DNA digivolution, done by their peers, all which they used to stop the world from a nuclear disaster. UHM Yea okay. 

Now Davis and Ken's DNA digivolution got all the attention and more. It was super strong and Oh it had a digivoultion form as well....WTF? OH wait it doesnt end their, it had a flight mode making it even more powerful. 

This also leads me to Movie 2, revenge of diboromon. In the movie, Omnimon one of the strongest digimon all time is defeated, Tai and Matt are left useless and hopeless (Even in that movie theirs a Taiora Moment) Then they have to share Omnimon's power to (I believe his name is ) Impaildramon, making him into this strong as heck Paildramon. This was so wrong if anything it should have been the other way around. 

Okay thats it for now, tell me what you think.

#18 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

1) No I dont (maybe I will :), but wow ppl go to those lengths to attack others, shocking.

Well prepare yourself cause heres my rant.

Season 2, where do i start...lets see how about the first episode. The first episode has Tai ( The Main character of 01) acting like a douche and essentially OOC, I believe he yells at Agumon and both of them are made completely useless. Tai is my favorite character, I really rooted for him and found many similarities between him and I and so when out of nowhere they change him and have him acting like this I was disgusted. 

Next up are the new kids, first off why? The first group of digi destned were my guys so why introduce new ppl, I absolutely hated that. Oh and lets not forget that through out 02 these new digi destined were made out to be far superior then their predecessors. But I will come back to this later. 

Davis Ohhh boy I hated Davis. As the "replacement" for my guy Tai this should come as no surprise. But my reasoning goes beyond pure nepotism. For starters Davis got all this attention and power that was unbefitting. The first episode he essentially gets Tai's Crest, The Crest of Courage. No effort really just gets his powers. Furthermore when they show Flamedramon digivolving its made to look like he surpasses all of Agumons forms, which is just BS cause Flamedramon is a rookie/champion lvl. Afterwards Tai gives up his signature goggles to Davis and for what may I ask? Is Tai retiring or dead? Like you said they were only 16, why were they acting like they were 30+. Just like that after one poor episode Tai is no more. He is the guy in 01, heck he narrates the prologue of episode 1 in 01, but episode 1 of 02 he's gone? WTF is that?

Another thing all the older characters we grew to know and love completely changed. Again going back to age, it had only been a few yrs so why all these massive changes. They changed Sora for no freakin reason. She didn't like playing Soccer anymore....and plays Tennis now? Soccer was how she knew Tai, it was one of the things that kept them together. Out of nowhere they managed to separate Tai and Sora. 

Now going back to previous pt, these 2 new characters had the powers of 6 of the previous digi destined. Two more powerful forms each, then when the spires went down they received a normal digivolution that was still a champion but stronger then the others!?!?!?!

The also abused the kitten out of DNA digivoultion, which w.e idc, but theirs was not one single nod to Omnimon, one of the strongest digimon ever created which was done through the first known DNA digivolution, done by their peers, all which they used to stop the world from a nuclear disaster. UHM Yea okay. 

Now Davis and Ken's DNA digivolution got all the attention and more. It was super strong and Oh it had a digivoultion form as well....WTF? OH wait it doesnt end their, it had a flight mode making it even more powerful. 

This also leads me to Movie 2, revenge of diboromon. In the movie, Omnimon one of the strongest digimon all time is defeated, Tai and Matt are left useless and hopeless (Even in that movie theirs a Taiora Moment) Then they have to share Omnimon's power to (I believe his name is ) Impaildramon, making him into this strong as heck Paildramon. This was so wrong if anything it should have been the other way around. 

Okay thats it for now, tell me what you think.

I guess the extra sword was a cheap powerup to defeat diboromon in the second digimon movie even ken and davis dna evoloution wasen't powerful enough to defeat diboromon they almost got defeated when they got hit with the missile but because of that sword they defeated it.

Also that short taiora felt like an unnecessary troll towards our fan actually the most of second season of digimon felt like a big middle finger to season 1 digimon.  :down:

when i was young i thought davis was okay as i got older when watching digimon out of nostagia i realized how really annoying davis he's just not as enjoyable as tai. The funny thing is many people complained about the new members and especially davis of how annoying, boring, uninteresting the newer characters are i only saw t.k as an improvement.

#19 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:39 AM

Yep its a shame, I've alwasy had this dream of being given the chance to re-do digimon 02 or better yet I have an idea for 03 that would re-write everything properly.

#20 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:16 AM

Yep its a shame, I've alwasy had this dream of being given the chance to re-do digimon 02 or better yet I have an idea for 03 that would re-write everything properly.

Actually it would be better if the original creator of digimon would come back and reboot season 2  to show how he wanted to end the series. Just a pretty sad wishful of mine  that most likely won't happen. 

Anyhow i'll start to talk about something else don't want to depress myself with this controversial shippings :happy:  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users