#21 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Oct 27 2010, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Didn't we already get the correct colour scheme for Kushina in Chapter 503's colour double page? though appears once again her eyes were closed.so you don't see her eyes. They are probably Green like so many redheads are in stories in general.

Typical Kishi once again torturing us with what could have been. wonderful cover though.

I was talking more about that outfit she wore when she was carrying Naruto in her belly.

#22 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Oct 27 2010, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ciardha--Er.... When you say "Celtic", to what do you refer--Irish, Scottish, both, neither, other option?

Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Breton (from Brittany, France) I have ancestors from most of the old Celtic countries, but mostly Scotland and Ireland- 3/4 Scottish and Irish on both my mother's and father's side of the family (red hair is genetically more common amongst the Scots and Irish than amongst other European nations. For some reason Green eyes are also more common in those two countries than elsewhere in Europe)

I've liked that combo since I was a young child, even though I had no relatives that had exactly that hair and eye color, but my maternal grandmother had auburn hair and turquoise eyes, and reddish hair pops up every so often amongst my relatives on my mother's paternal side too. Sounds a bit "woo-woo" but in Jungian psychology they talk about "genetic memory" and I wonder if that is why I've found dark red hair and vivid green eyes very beautiful in women, and even find it sexy in men. The other physical attributes I find most attractive are common amongst Native Americans and I have that ancestry too (one family line on my father's paternal line and two family lines on my mother's side.)

Edited by ciardha, 28 October 2010 - 03:37 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#23 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:26 AM

I don't think Sakura was zipping her top at all on v. 28's cover, it looks more like how she clenches her hands over her chest (though I don't really know why she'd do that because it's usually when she's sad)

#24 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:31 AM

Awhh- is it in stores yet?... Oh, wait. America is getting Volume 50 this month, right? XD Gotta buy it...

#25 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Oct 27 2010, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Breton (from Brittany, France) I have ancestors from most of the old Celtic countries, but mostly Scotland and Ireland (red hair is genetically more common amongst the Scots and Irish than amongst other European nations. For some reason Green eyes are also more common in those two countries than elsewhere in Europe)

I've liked that combo since I was a young child, even though I had no relatives that had exactly that hair and eye color.

Sort of off-topic Celt-discussion. --Click here to view--
Weird, 'cause I'm much the same (biological father's family is almost entirely Scot; Mum's got tons of Irish; I'm a natural-born redhead, etc.etc.), but have always read that brown, blonde, and black hair was far more prevalent in Ireland while red hair was less common than stereotypically believed. It's slightly more common in Scotland, but not very much so. As for eye color, every book/website/whathaveyou I've read about Celtic traits mentioned green eyes not exactly being a "common" color mixed with red hair; blue was much more typical with brown being the least common (in some cases it was mentioned as a rarety).

*shrug* Anyways, I'm kind of hoping Kushina has violet or grey eyes--giving her green eyes would make her seem to match Western "redhead images" too much for my taste (hohoho, i have such good taste, no? *not funny*). Although...blue eyes would be cool; it'd open up the possibility that Naruto could have gotten his baby blues from his mum or his dad.
....enh, I'm not too picky so long as they aren't green, though I wouldn't cry over that either XD;;

#26 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE (pharix @ Oct 27 2010, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think Sakura was zipping her top at all on v. 28's cover, it looks more like how she clenches her hands over her chest (though I don't really know why she'd do that because it's usually when she's sad)

I don't think she was either. I think it's just a bit of subtle fanservice- showing the readers "how womanly" Sakura had become wink.gif

Oh and on the subject of Naruto and Sakura being on a cover together they are also on volume 30 with Chiyo in the background. Sakura's pose is much more serious here (ready to fight pose) but Kishimoto does have her skirt being blown by a "wind" in such a way that her tight black shorts are almost completely visible- as are her legs all the way up to her crotch- which is dead center of the cover image directly below the title. (more subtle fanservice wink.gif

QUOTE (Kushina @ Oct 27 2010, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sort of off-topic Celt-discussion. --Click here to view--
Weird, 'cause I'm much the same (biological father's family is almost entirely Scot; Mum's got tons of Irish; I'm a natural-born redhead, etc.etc.), but have always read that brown, blonde, and black hair was far more prevalent in Ireland while red hair was less common than stereotypically believed. It's slightly more common in Scotland, but not very much so. As for eye color, every book/website/whathaveyou I've read about Celtic traits mentioned green eyes not exactly being a "common" color mixed with red hair; blue was much more typical with brown being the least common (in some cases it was mentioned as a rarety).

some genetic info on hair --Click here to view--
"Redheads constitute approximately 4% of the European population.[8] Scotland has the highest proportion of redheads; 13% of the population has red hair and approximately 40% carries the recessive redhead gene.[9] Ireland has the second highest percentage; as many as 10% of the Irish population has red, auburn, or strawberry blond hair.[10] It is thought that up to 46 percent of the Irish population carries the recessive redhead gene. Red hair reaches frequencies of up to 10 percent in Wales.[11]"

Re too western looking- what do call blue eyed blondes then, laugh.gif That's even more stereotypically western, while chestnut red with emerald green eyes (which I'm hoping Mito Uzumaki has) is a bit unusual- and to me, strikingly beautiful in women. There are already several blue eyed people in Naruto. Sakura is the only green eyed person. I'd like to see someone with my favorite eye color- a deep and vivid emerald green.

I can tell Kushina's eyes are blue, they look like a deep sapphire blue from what little I can see in that image- I like deep sapphire blue better with Kushina's "habenaro" red. Naruto's blue eyes are exactly the same shade as Minato's, as is his hair color in Kishimoto's canon colors for them. His eyes an hair color come from his father.

Edited by ciardha, 28 October 2010 - 04:50 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#27 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Oct 27 2010, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think she was either. I think it's just a bit of subtle fanservice- showing the readers "how womanly" Sakura had become wink.gif

Oh and on the subject of Naruto and Sakura being on a cover together they are also on volume 30 with Chiyo in the background. Sakura's pose is much more serious here (ready to fight pose) but Kishimoto does have her skirt being blown by a "wind" in such a way that her tight black shorts are almost completely visible- as are her legs all the way up to her crotch- which is dead center of the cover image directly below the title. (more subtle fanservice wink.gif

"Redheads constitute approximately 4% of the European population.[8] Scotland has the highest proportion of redheads; 13% of the population has red hair and approximately 40% carries the recessive redhead gene.[9] Ireland has the second highest percentage; as many as 10% of the Irish population has red, auburn, or strawberry blond hair.[10] It is thought that up to 46 percent of the Irish population carries the recessive redhead gene. Red hair reaches frequencies of up to 10 percent in Wales.[11]"

Re too western looking- what do call blue eyed blondes then, laugh.gif That's even more stereotypically western, while chestnut red with emerald green eyes (which I'm hoping Mito Uzumaki has) is a bit unusual- and to me, strikingly beautiful in women. There are already several blue eyed people in Naruto. Sakura is the only green eyed person. I'd like to see someone with my favorite eye color- a deep and vivid emerald green.

I can tell Kushina's eyes are blue, they look like a deep sapphire blue from what little I can see in that image- I like deep sapphire blue better with Kushina's "habenaro" red. Naruto's blue eyes are exactly the same shade as Minato's, as is his hair color in Kishimoto's canon colors for them. His eyes an hair color come from his father.

...red hair really isn't that common, as I mentioned? ;] Considering there are three other general hair colors that make up the rest of those percentages, red hair would fall into a minority on the pie charts.

Blonde hair and blue eyes may be the poster combo for Westerners (from the vantage of other countries) but realistically it doesn't dominate genetically here. Besides, I've got nothin' against Western images in general; mostly just those of redheads, seeing as I am one ;]

Several with blue eyes? Like who? Naruto, Minato, Ino... Those are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure it's not that overplayed... And couldn't Gaara's eyes be counted as sort of green, or are they more teal-y? Seafoam? Ino's dad seems to have green-ish eyes too. Pretty sure Sakura isn't the only one, though I get what you mean about emerald-green; it'd be nice to see someone with eyes like that (I'd just prefer it not be Kushina XD ).

...where are you seeing color for her eyes in the cover? Her eyes are downcast, heavy-lidded, and in shadow--at most they look like a mid-grey which could be the actual color or just the shading alone. As for Naruto and Minato's blue eyes matching, it makes sense that they'd match but I wouldn't count out the blue coming from Kushina until we get a much clearer picture with Kushina's colors *shrug*

#28 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:46 AM

Kushina I think you slightly misread her comment

this is the pertinent line

(red hair is genetically more common amongst the Scots and Irish than amongst other European nations. For some reason Green eyes are also more common in those two countries than elsewhere in Europe)

The red haired, green eyed combo is the relevant part, and I agree with her it does appear much more commonly amongst people of Irish, Scottish, and general Celtic descent.

It happens to be one of my personal favorite hair eye combos, and Its aprt of why ive always liked Sakura. her pink haired green eyed look was a very visually unique look that caught the eye quickly, and was one i could appreciate from a color standpoint.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#29 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Oct 28 2010, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Several with blue eyes? Like who? Naruto, Minato, Ino... Those are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure it's not that overplayed... And couldn't Gaara's eyes be counted as sort of green, or are they more teal-y? Seafoam? Ino's dad seems to have green-ish eyes too. Pretty sure Sakura isn't the only one,

Inoichi's eyes are dark blue, Kishimoto does Gaara's eyes as a pastel blue and the animators as a teal blue,
More blue eyed charaters: Deidara, Temari, Dan, Yahiko (when he was alive), so including Naruto and Minato that's eight blue eyed people. I didn't say "overplayed" just that there were several. Green is far unrepresented in comparison.

Terumi Mei's eyes look aquamarine- maybe favoring green slightly, that's the closest to green besides Sakura.

QUOTE (Kushina @ Oct 28 2010, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...where are you seeing color for her eyes in the cover? Her eyes are downcast, heavy-lidded, and in shadow--at most they look like a mid-grey which could be the actual color or just the shading alone. As for Naruto and Minato's blue eyes matching, it makes sense that they'd match but I wouldn't count out the blue coming from Kushina until we get a much clearer picture with Kushina's colors *shrug*

You see mid grey I see deep blue (Insurrection saw deep blue too, so I'm not the only one wink.gif . Which I'm hoping it is, as it's an aesthetically pleasing balance. But if you would have me make a more definite guess (since her eyes are downcast, thus shadowed as you said) I'd still say blue, and darker than Minato and Naruto's but not a sapphire, more a medium blue. That guess comes from the sepia toned image Kishimoto did for the new Naruto tie-in novel Dokonjo Ninden (it's Jiraiya's Legend of a Gutsy Ninja) the book has only three illustrations- a pseudo autograph and sketch of Jiraiya, a map of the fictional world of Legend of a Gutsy Ninja, and most excitingly, a sepia toned image (so you get a better hint of colors than plain black and white illustrations), made to look very like a slightly faded late 19th century photographs of that type. Kushina's eyes look almost exactly the same shade as Minato, just slightly darker, so most likely a medium blue to Naruto and Minato's light blue.

You like mid-grey, but I just don't find that a visually appealing combination with Kushina's habanero red hair (that's the Rinnegan's color with an even brighter red than Nagato's hair- ugh), with that bright a red a sapphire blue would be the most visually pleasing balance (like Naruto and Minato's light blue with their bright blonde hair, Sakura's peridot eyes with pale pink hair.) So I'm still holding out hope that her eyes are sapphire blue. smile.gif

It's Mito Uzumaki that I'm hoping has emerald green eyes, as her hair looked darker than Kushina's, perhaps more a copper red or chestnut (like Terumi Mei's hair), so emerald green would be really pretty with that hair color.

Edited by ciardha, 28 October 2010 - 09:10 AM.

#30 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Oct 27 2010, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you zoom in they're more of a dark blue color eyes but yeah, if they were green I'd start to worry Kishi was planning a cop out on us.

Well could be, but won't be certain until Kishi himself shows actual eyes in plain view, we can't take the Anime as gospel because they got the Rinnigan all wrong until Kishi gave us the real colour, and they still show Naruto's Chakra as Blue when it was confirmed ages ago it is Yellow.

As for Kopping out on us? We have a main charactor who has a happy go lucky guy with Blond hair, Blue Eyes, is tanned, and is as thick as a plank most time. You don't think that's not copping out?

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Oct 28 2010, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It happens to be one of my personal favorite hair eye combos, and Its aprt of why ive always liked Sakura. her pink haired green eyed look was a very visually unique look that caught the eye quickly, and was one i could appreciate from a color standpoint.

Yeah it's favourite combo as well, also why I was initially drawn to Sakura, but vibrant Red and Emerald green together would be bloody brilliant, I'm hoping we'll see that combo for Kushina, though blue or grey might be more likely, similar to whatever colour Negato was before he unlocked the Rinnigan.

iAnby7W.gif

#31 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Oct 28 2010, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but vibrant Red and Emerald green together would be bloody brilliant,

Well, at least her maternity dress is forest green, so Kishimoto is aware of visual appeal of red hair and darker greens. smile.gif

#32 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Oct 28 2010, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kushina I think you slightly misread her comment

this is the pertinent line

The red haired, green eyed combo is the relevant part, and I agree with her it does appear much more commonly amongst people of Irish, Scottish, and general Celtic descent.

I wasn't arguing that Ireland/Scotland don't have the majority of redheads in Europe, just that red hair isn't really "common" in those countries. It can be uncommon in Ireland and Scotland but still more common there than other countries; sort of like a small monopoly *shrug*

@ciardha--Sort of along the same lines, 8 characters with blue eyes out of how many named characters doesn't exactly make for "several". (I used the word "overplayed" only because it sounded like you meant "several" as in "it's the eye color Kishi uses most often". Doesn't sound like that's what you meant though, so pardon my assumption.)

Can you link me those illustrations? I hadn't even heard of them; they sound like they're worth a peek smile.gif

Enh, we'll agree to disagree on her having green eyes then, but I'll agree that blue eyes would be nice--especially if they're of a deeper hue.

#33 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:36 PM

Well I opened the file in photoshop, zoomed in on eye area, and all I could determine was it's greyish shade, only problem was it was greyish green, greyish blue and greyish purple. and that's probably due to post scan clean-up, so until we get a bigger more clearr picture it's going to be inconclusive.

@ Kushina, that's exactly what several would mean, eight charactors with Blue eyes. Though looking at the poster of all the Jinchuriki's i'd say Gaara's eyes are more pale green than blue. If we include Gaara, we only have three charactors I can think of with green eyes. not really chat much considering how much Kishi seems to like redheads.

iAnby7W.gif

#34 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Oct 28 2010, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ Kushina, that's exactly what several would mean, eight charactors with Blue eyes. Though looking at the poster of all the Jinchuriki's i'd say Gaara's eyes are more pale green than blue. If we include Gaara, we only have three charactors I can think of with green eyes. not really that much considering how much Kishi seems to like redheads.

I wouldn't consider eight out of 50+ named, reoccurring characters several, but I'm not gonna argue semantics anymore--it's not that big a deal. *shrug*

#35 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Oct 27 2010, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I already know about those manga covers. I mean more of a cover that features Naruto and Sakura that would please us narusaku fans. It could either be just the two of them alone in a relaxed environment while on a date or something or in a dramatic pose in each others arms as some characters battle out while Madara watches his puppets dance at the top of the cover, whatever Kishi decides to do. As long as it's romantic in some sort of special way I'd be a happy narusaku fan. happy.gif

#36 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Oct 28 2010, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I already know about those manga covers. I mean more of a cover that features Naruto and Sakura that would please us narusaku fans. It could either be just the two of them alone in a relaxed environment while on a date or something or in a dramatic pose in each others arms as some characters battle out while Madara watches his puppets dance at the top of the cover, whatever Kishi decides to do. As long as it's romantic in some sort of special way I'd be a happy narusaku fan. happy.gif

It will probably happen, he'll most likely make it funny in some way- like Sakura laying a passionate kiss on a wide eyed blushing Naruto.

#37 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Oct 28 2010, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know I mean how many volume covers that features Naruto and Hinata together???
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#38 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Oct 29 2010, 07:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know I mean how many volume covers that features Naruto and Hinata together???

Well there's one, but that was more of Naruto with Team Kurenai.

#39 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:17 PM

wub.gif I love that new cover!

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Oct 29 2010, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I remember the cover with Naruto, Hinata and Neji, during the chunin exam and another one in shippuden with all team 8 ( and Naruto is behind Shino and not that close to Hinata) but I that it, there is only two.

#40 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:25 PM

You guys are debating on Redheads << I'm an un-natural redhead XD (It was light brown but I dyed it Red with a black shadow [Hair vocab, lol]) and I got blue eyes =D (Something around the same as Naruto's color)

This cover is so kawaii! :D SO SWEET! I love them! ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users