#1 Askia31

Askia31

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:36 AM

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/600

Edited by Askia31, 05 September 2012 - 07:36 AM.

#2 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:41 AM

Whoo! First thread read! =D

#3 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:46 AM

Holy $#@!

That is all. I will discuss it later. I need to sleep. Oh my god.

#4 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:56 AM

So it was about Rin after all. Hmmm I want to see more details. I wonder if Madera was involved, he knows Obitos name after all.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#5 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:57 AM

it's obito and madara now that is serious.

better for khisi not to let sakura death or naruto will drop his ball to the world

#6 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

Obito and now MADARA!?! Holy, it just hit the fan.

Ok, so it was about Rin. Now I want to know more details.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#7 Kuraudo

Kuraudo

Dattebayo!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Art (Photoshop, Drawing, Painting etc.), Manga, Anime, Hardware & Software genius, Tennis, Music... :)

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:04 AM

Alright, alright... This chapter is epic. Yeah!

Madara & Obito together against Naruto, Kakashi and Gai?!

#8 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:10 AM

An interesting turn of events. Unfortunately there are still a lot of questions to be answered.
Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#9 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:17 AM

Rin must've meant a lot to Obito. I'm not really happy with this. The motivation is kinda....shallow? Its a really cliched villain motivation, because a loved one dies so kills everyone in the world. dry.gif The only saving grace of the chapter was Madara.

Edited by Darth Krypt, 05 September 2012 - 08:18 AM.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#10 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:22 AM

So Obito is trying to bring about the end of the world all because Rin died. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me th_twitchsmile.gif .

But I would really like an explanation on how Madara just showed up like that, I mean what happened to the Kages?

At least know two things now
  1. Rin is dead (I am tired of all those fanfics where she is Sakura's mother and between this and Sakura's parents appearing in Road to Ninja there will finally be an end to it).
  2. There will be no cutting away to the Kages vs. Madara fight anymore (unless it through flashback).

@Kuraudo: You forgot Killer B

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#11 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Sep 5 2012, 02:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rin must've meant a lot to Obito. I'm not really happy with this. The motivation is kinda....shallow? Its a really cliched villain motivation, because a loved one dies so kills everyone in the world. dry.gif The only saving grace of the chapter was Madara.

You took the words right out of my mouth. It really is shallow for Obitos motive to be about Rin. I mean Obito was such a great character and when he died I felt so horrible. How could Kishi create such a likable character and turn him into a hellbent villain who wants to destroy the world as we know because he lost the girl he never had. I know there is still much more story to cover, or at least I hope there is, but for now I'm not pleased. I do agree that Madara made up for the rest of the chapter though. I'm curious to see the relationship that Madara and Obito have. Oh and I want to know what happened to the Kages!?

Edited by Konohakitten, 05 September 2012 - 08:27 AM.

#12 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (Konohakitten @ Sep 5 2012, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You took the words right out of my mouth. It really is shallow for Obitos motive to be about Rin. I mean Obito was such a great character and when he died I felt so horrible. How could Kishi create such a likable character and turn him into a hellbent villain who wants to destroy the world as we know because he lost the girl he never had. I know there is still much more story to cover, or at least I hope there is, but for now I'm not pleased. I do agree that Madara made up for the rest of the chapter though. I'm curious to see the relationship that Madara and Obito have. Oh and I want to know what happened to the Kages!?

Maybe it was the village that killed Rin >:3

#13 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 5 2012, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So Obito is trying to bring about the end of the world all because Rin died. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me th_twitchsmile.gif .

But I would really like an explanation on how Madara just showed up like that, I mean what happened to the Kages?

At least know two things now
  1. Rin is dead (I am tired of all those fanfics where she is Sakura's mother and between this and Sakura's parents appearing in Road to Ninja there will finally be an end to it).
  2. There will be no cutting away to the Kages vs. Madara fight anymore (unless it through flashback).

@Kuraudo: You forgot Killer B

Maybe she isn't --Click here to view--
...dead. We have only had second hand information about her death, and nothing else. She was never revived by Edo Tensei, Kakashi never saw her when he died, so there is a chance that she is alive. It would simply be more interesting if she was alive.

#14 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE (Konohakitten @ Sep 5 2012, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not satisfied with the past 2 chapters actually. Everything was really too predictable. I wished Kishi handled this Tobi stuff better, and use more subtle foreshadowing. I don't even understand the people who were happy that their predictions were true. I mean more than half of those who read Naruto had the same thoughts. So much so that I wished it was a red herring but sadly its not.

Now I'm really sure that the coffin Kabuto tried to blackmail Obito with is Rin's body. It can't be the real Madara because I think he was supposed to be revived, so why would he be surprised.

As for the Kages, there's 2 things that could happen. They got their asses kicked and are unconscious now or Madara just fled the scene because he was needed at Obito's scene.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#15 candycane-chan

candycane-chan

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

ahh finally
that was shocking --Click here to view--
i know there were theories about him doing this because of rin but i never considered it,well i liked the chapter definetely epic with madara to top it all,i'm sure that its not just rin there has to be something else maybe its how she was killed i dont know
we'll see next chapter i wan to know more eager.gif

#16 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Sep 5 2012, 02:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not satisfied with the past 2 chapters actually. Everything was really too predictable. I wished Kishi handled this Tobi stuff better, and use more subtle foreshadowing. I don't even understand the people who were happy that their predictions were true. I mean more than half of those who read Naruto had the same thoughts. So much so that I wished it was a red herring but sadly its not.

Now I'm really sure that the coffin Kabuto tried to blackmail Obito with is Rin's body. It can't be the real Madara because I think he was supposed to be revived, so why would he be surprised.

As for the Kages, there's 2 things that could happen. They got their asses kicked and are unconscious now or Madara just fled the scene because he was needed at Obito's scene.

I never thought that Rin could be in the coffin that Kabuto showed Obito, but now that you mention it it makes sense. Madara clearly knows Obito so like you said, he probably was supposed to me revived. Still so many unanswered questions, oh well. I just really hope Kishi finishes explaining Obito's reasons instead of jumping back to Sasuke and Orochimaru.

#17 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

So is it just about Rin, then? I hope there'll be more to Obito's journey to the dark side, rather than Rin's death being the single motivation.

I understand it's very painful to lose someone you really love, and I imagine Naruto would feel deep sorrow and rage if he lost Sakura. But he wouldn't decide to go to the dark side because that would be the last thing Sakura wanted, and he knows it. So, it would make more sense if Madara "rescued" Obito and manipulated him into believing that releasing the Ten Tails was the only way to create peace.

Madara showing up is a real surprise, and it does make me wonder what happened to the Kages. I'm sure they'll be fine, Kishi just wouldn't have them quietly exit stage left, so they're probably just injured and unable to give chase.

So it's Obito and Madara versus Kakashi, Guy and Naruto (with Kurama). We've still got half the shinobi world running towards this battle, so they won't be alone for too long. Maybe this could be the start of Uzumaki Naruto's legend..?

EDIT: @Konohakitten -

The one in the coffin that shocked Obito was Madara's real body. He was the ace in Kabuto's army, and proved that Kabuto knew that "Tobi" was not Madara. After all, Obito had been running around claiming that he was Madara.

#18 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

I'd definitely say kitten just hit the fan and as far as the ending of this chapter:

Spoiler is spoiler
--Click here to view--

Obito and Madara together

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#19 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:25 AM

some people... --Click here to view--
here and there have been criticizing Obito's motification but almost everything in the world has only one of two motivators...sex or greed...

all in all I would like to see how Obito managed to survive but overall I am quite pleased with this chapter.

I wonder if any of the Kage's survived though

I liked the chapter when I first read it and liked it even more when I read it again...

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#20 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

I have a question: --Click here to view--
I mentioned in the chapter 599 thread that the unrevealed coffin could have been Rin, but everyone said that was Madara. What chapter was Madara's coffin revealed? Was it ever confirmed that Madara came out of the unidentified coffin?

Edited by Nefertieh, 05 September 2012 - 09:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users