LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 16 July 2023 - 05:11 PM

He may be able to make this or continue it to a ten chapter gaiden. But its best as a oneshot as it allowed Kishimoto to focus the story into one chapter instead of expanding it into ten or continuing it. He would need an editor that actually helps him for that.

Because MK is him and his wife and they are already together. He didn't have a problem doing this with Naruto and Sakura till he got new editors. Before that their only problem was they weren't together yet. If NS had happened then it be the same as he did MK in this chapter.

True true,  I'm remembering from one of his interviews that he expressed about doing a Minato Gaiden spin off in the past.  Which this will probably be the closest thing we ever get to that. 

You're right he'd definitely need an editor for that whole process. 

Yes, definitely that is without a doubt one of the biggest upsides with MinaKushi is them already being together, and ditto when it comes to NaruSaku. The new editors definitely played a heavy part into what happened for sure. 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#22 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 16 July 2023 - 05:32 PM

True true,  I'm remembering from one of his interviews that he expressed about doing a Minato Gaiden spin off in the past.  Which this will probably be the closest thing we ever get to that. 

You're right he'd definitely need an editor for that whole process. 

Yes, definitely that is without a doubt one of the biggest upsides with MinaKushi is them already being together, and ditto when it comes to NaruSaku. The new editors definitely played a heavy part into what happened for sure. 

He could do it. It just he would need an editor that would help him. If nothing else he could just do a series of one shot snippets of Minato and Kushina and it probably be good.

The problem is the new editors hated Sakura and wanted her replaced. Kishimoto tried finding what they didn't like about her, and would just answer, she isn't pretty enough. When he asked for fan input they gave him Hinata supporting Youtubers who just called her useless. Of course both were hiding what they really felt that they liked Hinata because she was an easy no effort needed to get big breasted submissive safe tile girl, while they saw Sakura as a flat chested friend-zoning slut. While most people just wanted to get over Sasuke, get with Naruto, and just be more involved in the story. The lack of clear answer led to no reasonable solution. Wearing him out till he agreed to replace her with the supposedly more popular Hinata.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 16 July 2023 - 06:48 PM.

#23 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 16 July 2023 - 09:21 PM

I just personally think when hes doing it on his own, hes an a lot better writer than I gave him credit for. I think he could pull off a multi-chapter Manga given he has his freedom. Thats just me personally. Could be what he did in this story thats making me show him more respect now though.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#24 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 16 July 2023 - 10:37 PM

I just personally think when hes doing it on his own, hes an a lot better writer than I gave him credit for. I think he could pull off a multi-chapter Manga given he has his freedom. Thats just me personally. Could be what he did in this story thats making me show him more respect now though.

Ditto, he is definitely at his best whenever he is writing/drawing without any restrictions.

#25 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 16 July 2023 - 11:28 PM

Im hoping they got footage of him drawing this chapter just like do for other Mangaka like Yusuke.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#26 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 17 July 2023 - 02:14 AM

Oh. I just remembered Tricksie this somewhat answers you Kushina's genin team question. Granted how I answered it was they probably didn't give her one due to her role as the container was correct. But to add to it, "if she not even allowed outside that area barrier, that doesn't even cover the whole village, how could she train a team?" It clear she has a set schedule that she has to follow every day. While she can train people in her clan's sealing technique, they clearly need to make appointments to spend time with her, and there will always have those two anbu watching over her. 

#27 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 18 July 2023 - 06:57 AM

I just personally think when hes doing it on his own, hes an a lot better writer than I gave him credit for. I think he could pull off a multi-chapter Manga given he has his freedom. Thats just me personally. Could be what he did in this story that's making me show him more respect now though.

Ditto, he is definitely at his best whenever he is writing/drawing without any restrictions.

Kishimoto has always been a decent writer if the story is focused enough. His problem has always been when the story gets longer as he doesn't know or understand how to expand upon or continuing it.

One Shot or movies work best for him because there is a clear end point. 

He works best with restrictions and editors helping him with his story. Editors not helping him, you get post pein arc Naruto. Without restrictions, you get the mess that was Samurai 8.

#28 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 18 July 2023 - 08:10 PM

Currently doing an Analysis Breakdown stream of the official translations for the one shot: 

#29 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 19 July 2023 - 11:31 AM

Skimmed through the manga.

Is it just me, or all Im seeing is Naruto and Sakura interactions/parallels? Its NS all over the place: the tsundere traits, the signature smile to the girl, the kyuubi accidentally hurt the person dear to the host, the hug, etc.

One can put Kushina side-by-side with adult Sakura and wouldnt notice they are different characters.

Which begs a question: who is the target audience of this one shot?

NS fans left long ago and wouldnt put a dime on anything Kishi sells after the ending.

NH/SS fans wont definitely buy this since itll add to their insecurities and further proof that NS has always been the intention. They wont be able to draw any NH/SS parallels from Minato and Kushina. Imagine them saying aw look, Minato and Kushina looks so cute together, just like Naruto and Sakura. not happening.

Older fans have moved on and wont invest for the one shot. They wont be motivated to buy.

Younger/newer fans are pretty much a segment who enjoy reading Boruto. Nothing wrong with it, its just that the storytelling is very different than this one shot. For a start, no one in this one shot lives, Kurama included.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#30 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 19 July 2023 - 04:21 PM

Skimmed through the manga.

Is it just me, or all Im seeing is Naruto and Sakura interactions/parallels? Its NS all over the place: the tsundere traits, the signature smile to the girl, the kyuubi accidentally hurt the person dear to the host, the hug, etc.

One can put Kushina side-by-side with adult Sakura and wouldnt notice they are different characters.

Which begs a question: who is the target audience of this one shot?

NS fans left long ago and wouldnt put a dime on anything Kishi sells after the ending.

NH/SS fans wont definitely buy this since itll add to their insecurities and further proof that NS has always been the intention. They wont be able to draw any NH/SS parallels from Minato and Kushina. Imagine them saying aw look, Minato and Kushina looks so cute together, just like Naruto and Sakura. not happening.

Older fans have moved on and wont invest for the one shot. They wont be motivated to buy.

Younger/newer fans are pretty much a segment who enjoy reading Boruto. Nothing wrong with it, its just that the storytelling is very different than this one shot. For a start, no one in this one shot lives, Kurama included.

There are a lot of call backs to the Naruto manga in the one-shot.

This one shot is for Kishimoto. This him doing the story he wanted to do.

I think this is the result of that poll, where Sakura was #3 around the world, was that throughout the entire time the poll was taking place, and higher than Hinata; the supposedly more popular female character that was so beloved and more popular than Sakura that she had to replace her as the heroine. Like I said at the time, I think that became his favorite poll as it proved that doubt he had about changing the ending was right, and this one shot show he got a bit of his confidence back. I think the original assumption when they started the poll was that Hinata would win it and Kishimoto would have to do a nH manga as well as a poster where Hinata would be front and center. But, they were all shock, yet for Kishimoto happy, when the results came in.

There were two scene that pulled from nH and SS the hospital scene and Hinata's habit of hiding behind trees. But, showing how MK is better.

nH, Hinata hides behind trees because she is shy and she refused to talk to Naruto for the same reason for over 15 years. Kushina was hiding behind a tree because she was outside the barrier and was worried Jiraiya would drag her back when she just wanted to spend some alone time with Minato. The barrier is the main reason she doesn't spend more time with Minato when she wants to.

SS, Sakura hugs Sasuke after he wakes up in the hospital while he doesn't respond to nor does he ever do anything for her or ever show he affection. Minato is quite happy to receive the hug, has no problem proclaim or expressing his feelings for her, and the reason he didn't spend time with her is because he was working on a jutsu for her.

Oh here is NS parallel no one pointed out yet. Sakura doesn't realize that not having parents isn't a blessing and Naruto is miserable because he is alone without any parents; this was spelled out to her by Sasuke another orphan. Minato forgets that Kushina is pretty much trapped alone inside that barrier while he can do whatever he wants. He realize that after Kushina apologize for getting upset after he broke his promise, as what has likely happened to her with others before is they stop visiting her.

Is Boruto even being watched by children outside of Japan? And for Japan, that is because its on Sunday. Apparently, kids are watching the first part of Naruto on Hulu, not sure if they are even watching Boruto.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 19 July 2023 - 06:23 PM.

#31 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 19 July 2023 - 05:11 PM

Kurama

I assume Kurama's early attitude is from his bitterness at how others treated him because of Madara making him an unwilling weapon in his revenge against the Leaf and the Uchiha, thus making Hashirama seeing him as a monster, as did Mito, then Kushina. After all, anyone in his shoes who was judged unfairly and forced to be imprisoned for something they didn't do of their own free will would be pissed too.

Edited by Bryon_Konoha_Ninja, 19 July 2023 - 05:16 PM.

#32 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 23 July 2023 - 10:36 PM

https://www.tumblr.c...08?source=share
seems kishimoto put a lot of similarity between sakura and kushina into his creation of the minato one shot. I have seen a lot of different opinions about sakura and some probably prefer her to hinata since during the pandemic a lot of people watched naruto for the first time and sakura being 2nd place in north america and first in south as well as third place worldwide in the poll result must have convinced kishimoto she wasn't as unpopular as he thought

Edited by totherpage95, 23 July 2023 - 10:40 PM.

#33 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 23 July 2023 - 11:02 PM

a friend of mine actually read the one shot even though he was a stark fan of boruto he conceded the author didn't make the story he wanted by going with ns... it goes to show that kishimoto putting his heart into something meant more than boruto's quantity>quality approach

#34 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 23 July 2023 - 11:16 PM

A friend of mine actually read the one shot even though he was a stark fan of Boruto he conceded the author didn't make the story he wanted by going with nH... it goes to show that Kishimoto putting his heart into something meant more than Boruto's quantity>quality approach

Kishimoto isn't the mangaka of Boruto. That's Ikemoto and passion is not something he is capable of .

https://www.tumblr.c...08?source=share
Seems Kishimoto put a lot of similarity between Sakura and Kushina into his creation of the Minato one shot. I have seen a lot of different opinions about Sakura and some probably prefer her to Hinata since during the pandemic a lot of people watched Naruto for the first time and Sakura being 2nd place in North America and first in south as well as third place worldwide in the poll result must have convinced Kishimoto she wasn't as unpopular as he thought

Hinata always had more support among otaku and bitter fangirl. Sakura can be well received also as one can get passed a first impression and tolerate the hitting of Naruto.

I won't say convinced as "reassured" and "proved him right."

#35 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 23 July 2023 - 11:21 PM

It's bizarre that bitter fangirls would be hinata fans but maybe I'm missing something

#36 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 27 March 2024 - 03:30 AM

https://youtu.be/osOOvxHOlws
fans are making their own animation of the manga. not sure if sp will take it down for copyright though if it's on youtube

#37 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 27 March 2024 - 05:15 PM

Yeah I saw, apprantly they are nh fans though

#38 totherpage95

totherpage95