3 replies to this topic

#1 Shana

Shana

~melon bread....=D

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:30 PM

Well, yesterday, I drew this picture of Sakura based off of one in the manga. I don't know how to get it like you guys have your way better drawings to be all nice and pretty. But here it is.

The main thing I think needs work is the ugly cherry blossoms. =(

It's big.

#2 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 03 January 2008 - 06:31 PM

Well its pretty good biggrin.gif
I think you got most of her right, only her chin area looks kinda weird. But the rest looks good happy.gif
Keep up the good work
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#3 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:19 PM

Here's what I could see that you could work on.

-First is: Proportions!
If you hold your hand to cover over the face underneath the eye-level, it wouldn't be that bad. You can keep the right eye where it is, but the left one needs to get slightly closer and you could arc the right one more similar to the left if you want them to match. The way it is now it messes a little with the proportions.
The mouth and nose should be further up and a little longer to the right side (for us) on the face. Not by much, but it would improve the likeness of the picture.
-Second: The face itself!
While the eyes are mostly covered in the first part, the nose looks fake even for manga. It should also be aligned better with the eyes, but as it is now it looks flat and in the wrong place. You have also drawn a "granny-mouth" which looks like Sakura doesn't have any teeth. It's because of the size, squiggly lines and the weird arc, but it can easily be fixed!
The chin is to long and pointy, and the face is also a little to... slim I guess.
-Third: Anatomy!
Take a look at the part of the shoulders I circled in the spoilertag on top of this post. How can that be justified? She's a slight hunchback with a camel-syndrome and a big... thing growing out of her neck? Yeah, you would do good if you sketched up the body before you drew it.

I know I sound overly negative here, but I just want to help you get better. If you fix these mistakes, the Sakura would be much much better overall! I can tell that your hand is a little shaky and you use too much force from the get-go, but I'm much the same when I draw. I want the drawing to be done fast, and I make silly mistakes I know I can do better... that's the reason I gave up on Deviant Art, since I just posted to post, and I never really posted anything good... I suggest you take your time when you want to do fanart or draw in general, and relax, put your mind into the slight details you would have usually missed, and you'll do great! This isn't a bad drawing, far from it, but it could still be so much better! Don't rush!

Overall, good job! I hope I get to see more drawings from you! And since you're a pencil artist as well, that makes me happy!

#4 Shana

Shana

~melon bread....=D

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 04:44 AM

Thank you for commenting! I will try to fix the drawing later. I'll probably just redraw it. I still need much more practice, especially with drawing without material to go off from. I started off not sketching, and I can't manage to get used to it and the...erasing. XD But maybe if I do that, the proportions will be better. Thank you again. Hopefully, I can draw something else worthy of being shown. =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users