3333 replies to this topic

#2221 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 04:46 PM

I've noticed how a lot of people commented on how the series is more focused on the main character, the heroine is far more useful, bonds are better handled, etc...These should ALL be considered very strong positives, but instead come off as negatives to me, because these are all things the first series should have done before. I honestly feel bad for the creators; everything they do is a no-win situation for me. They improve on something from Naruto, it just makes me that much madder at the original. If they handle it worse, well, you know.

What makes me mad about Boruto is that if you pick through all the trash, there's potential in it to be something good. As someone who writes, I make it a habit to look at the events of something I'm watching and ask myself constantly, "Can I do it better?" to keep my writing muse going.

Boruto could be something decent, but it's not, and, the circumstances of its creation aside, that's the saddest part of the whole Naruto next gen kitten.

These two posts actually segway into a point I wanted to make and type up.

These arguments that Boruto has elements that are "well-written" or "has good potential" are argument I feel are very shallow to make. I will explain.

You see in a great story there are elements that are done well too; Well-paced, in-depth characters, and so much more. These elements do make up a good story especially if you can make it tie all together nicely. That being said just having the elements doesn't mean anything if the elements don't fit together properly and this is what Boruto is. It is a string of good elements, but tied together in horrible ways that not only make no sense in the grand scheme of things, but also only hides the fact that this story is extremely flawed.

You can wrap up a piece of crap in beautiful christmas paper and ribbon, but the "gift" is still a piece of crap.

I know this because everytime I want someone to explain to me why Boruto is a good story they always tell me it has to come with stipulations like "you have to ignore the fact that this is a continuation of the original Naruto story" and "you have to be aware of all the retcons that occur that change the story for the better." Boruto has more retcons than any other story I have ever seen ranging from minor changes to whole plot angles. As I tell people, I rather read One More Day than Boruto

If I take a business suit hat is really expensive and put it on a monkey, that does not mean the monkey would make a great business man. The suit is very nice and costs a good penny and is made of the finest qualities, but the monkey isn;t all of a sudden going to be the world's most successful business man. I know this is an awkward metaphor, but roll with me here.

You can good elements from more successful stories and shove them into Boruto, but that does not mean Boruto is a good story because of it. You don't say Harry Potter is a good story ONLY because Hermione is a "well-drawn out character." You don't say Marvel has the most successful superhero movies ONLY because Robert Downey Jr is the greatest actor to play Tony Stark/Iron Man. You don't say A Christmas Carol is one of the greatest stories ever written because this one chapter has the best grammar you have ever seen written. There is more to it than just pointing at one element. So why do we do this to Boruto? "Boruto is such a great story because Salad is a well-written character." Is that the only reason?

I am beginning to get annoyed when people do this. You have to see the story as a whole not by its individual parts. You can't see the forest for the trees. When you put Boruto and look at the connection from Naruto, the light novels, the movies, and so much more the story is garbage. You have too many people putting too much input into one story with the original creator being so apathetic that continuity is thrown out the window and whatever he writes anyway is negliable since they change it anyway. "Kishimoto wrote the Boruto movie, so it is canon." Well, now that so called "canon" is being written by someone else and elements are changing. For better or for worse. What does this say of the overall story? It means they know the story is garbage and are trying to change things to make it better, but it only makes it worse because it has become so obvious. They try to have their cake and eat it too which is causing massive continuity errors.

The irony of the situation is Boruto is kind of copying from Naruto and yet they think Naruto is such a great person all the while Boruto is a spoiled brat. Well, if Boruto and Naruto begin becoming nearly identical, does that mean Naruto was a spoiled brat too? And any good element is wasted because eventually they might just change it. "Salad is such a good well-written character," give it a bit. Watch as they turn her into "pairing fodder" as well. Sakura was well-written too at times, but that didn't stop the editors from changing that.

In the words of Admieral Ackbar: "It's a trap!"

I think everyone really needs to take a step back and look at Boruto while asking "Is it all worth it?" No, it isn't and I wish people would stop making excuses for this series because it is not going to get better. It's just not. Anything redeemable is going to be changed and altered for the sake of pairings or because Hinata has to look good. Seriously, everytime I see this series something changes. An element is changed to put some kind of depth. Lately it was "All of a sudden Sakura is a total fainter everytime Sasuke makes an appearence." Where did this come from? Wasn't that Hinata and Naruto? Is Salad going to turn into that around Boruto or is she going to be turned into a shy big boobed girl too?

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#2222 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:38 PM

For me, the biggest aspect of a story is that it is has to mean something. I see no meaning here, it's like they are just splashing random paint at a wall and HOPING something turns up. They are copying Naruto and other story elements from other series just for "coolness factor" and nothing else. I feel no attachments to the characters and the story is not interesting because BRATO is not even sympathetic. Even Sarada's most interesting character aspects were flushed down the toilet because SasuSaku CAN'T LOOK BAD. That is the reason for all retcons in this story, as you say, the PERFECT COUPLES CAN'T LOOK BAD OR NEGLIGENT!!! :zaru:

Edited by Phantom_999, 16 July 2018 - 06:17 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2223 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 06 June 2018 - 01:29 AM

These two posts actually segway into a point I wanted to make and type up.
These arguments that Boruto has elements that are "well-written" or "has good potential" are argument I feel are very shallow to make. I will explain.
You see in a great story there are elements that are done well too; Well-paced, in-depth characters, and so much more. These elements do make up a good story especially if you can make it tie all together nicely. That being said just having the elements doesn't mean anything if the elements don't fit together properly and this is what Boruto is. It is a string of good elements, but tied together in horrible ways that not only make no sense in the grand scheme of things, but also only hides the fact that this story is extremely flawed.
You can wrap up a piece of crap in beautiful christmas paper and ribbon, but the "gift" is still a piece of crap.
I know this because everytime I want someone to explain to me why Boruto is a good story they always tell me it has to come with stipulations like "you have to ignore the fact that this is a continuation of the original Naruto story" and "you have to be aware of all the retcons that occur that change the story for the better." Boruto has more retcons than any other story I have ever seen ranging from minor changes to whole plot angles. As I tell people, I rather read One More Day than Boruto
If I take a business suit hat is really expensive and put it on a monkey, that does not mean the monkey would make a great business man. The suit is very nice and costs a good penny and is made of the finest qualities, but the monkey isn;t all of a sudden going to be the world's most successful business man. I know this is an awkward metaphor, but roll with me here.
You can good elements from more successful stories and shove them into Boruto, but that does not mean Boruto is a good story because of it. You don't say Harry Potter is a good story ONLY because Hermione is a "well-drawn out character." You don't say Marvel has the most successful superhero movies ONLY because Robert Downey Jr is the greatest actor to play Tony Stark/Iron Man. You don't say A Christmas Carol is one of the greatest stories ever written because this one chapter has the best grammar you have ever seen written. There is more to it than just pointing at one element. So why do we do this to Boruto? "Boruto is such a great story because Salad is a well-written character." Is that the only reason?
I am beginning to get annoyed when people do this. You have to see the story as a whole not by its individual parts. You can't see the forest for the trees. When you put Boruto and look at the connection from Naruto, the light novels, the movies, and so much more the story is garbage. You have too many people putting too much input into one story with the original creator being so apathetic that continuity is thrown out the window and whatever he writes anyway is negliable since they change it anyway. "Kishimoto wrote the Boruto movie, so it is canon." Well, now that so called "canon" is being written by someone else and elements are changing. For better or for worse. What does this say of the overall story? It means they know the story is garbage and are trying to change things to make it better, but it only makes it worse because it has become so obvious. They try to have their cake and eat it too which is causing massive continuity errors.
The irony of the situation is Boruto is kind of copying from Naruto and yet they think Naruto is such a great person all the while Boruto is a spoiled brat. Well, if Boruto and Naruto begin becoming nearly identical, does that mean Naruto was a spoiled brat too? And any good element is wasted because eventually they might just change it. "Salad is such a good well-written character," give it a bit. Watch as they turn her into "pairing fodder" as well. Sakura was well-written too at times, but that didn't stop the editors from changing that.
In the words of Admieral Ackbar: "It's a trap!"
I think everyone really needs to take a step back and look at Boruto while asking "Is it all worth it?" No, it isn't and I wish people would stop making excuses for this series because it is not going to get better. It's just not. Anything redeemable is going to be changed and altered for the sake of pairings or because Hinata has to look good. Seriously, everytime I see this series something changes. An element is changed to put some kind of depth. Lately it was "All of a sudden Sakura is a total fainter everytime Sasuke makes an appearence." Where did this come from? Wasn't that Hinata and Naruto? Is Salad going to turn into that around Boruto or is she going to be turned into a shy big boobed girl too?

Salad is the only likable character by default so that is not good.
Also the late ackbar who died like a kitten thanks Johnson kitten. Heck the hishe of last jedi was better and made more sense. Even having ackbar do more.

#2224 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 06:33 PM

For me the biggest aspect of a story for me is that it is has to mean something. I see no meaning here, it's like they are just splashing random paint at a wall and HOPING something turns up. They are copying Naruto and other story elements from other series just for "coolness factor" and nothing else. I feel no attachments to the characters and the story is not interesting because BRATO is not even sympathetic. even Sarada's most interesting character asopects were flushed down the toilet because SasuSaku CAN'T LOOK BAD. That is the reason for all retcons in this story, as you say, the PERFECT COUPLES CAN'T LOOK BAD OR NEGLIGENT!!! :zaru:

Exactly. And while we are at it, why is Salad an interesting character in the first place? I don't see it. I am not sure if it because I am blinded by everything else or if it because I know that if anything redeemable can be found...it is just going to be wasted anyway. Like how everything else gets wasted.

What's another really ironic thing is supposedly I heard people say Salad is the most well-adjusted character....funny considering she comes from the most chaotic family ever conceived.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#2225 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 06:48 PM

Yeah it is because everything goes to waste in the end anyway. With Sarada, she WAS the Brato series' most interesting character by default because she actually called out on why Sakura married Sasuke if she can't even remember what he looked like and because he never returned to them for over a decade, But then, again, SasuSaku can't look bad so Sakura, Sasuke AND NARDO tell Sarada a whole bunch of BS that Sarada swallows hook, line and sinker while the heavy implications that Karin is her actual mother is swept under the rug because the perfect SasuSaku pairing can't be negatively portrayed with Sasuke committing adultery!!  :zaru: And apply that logic to NardHina, and voila!! All the story retcons you see before you :yes:

Edited by Phantom_999, 06 June 2018 - 06:50 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2226 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:53 AM

Exactly. And while we are at it, why is Salad an interesting character in the first place? 

She isn't. It's interesting that they chose to interrogate how dysfunctional and terrible the SS relationship would obviously be after they made it happen despite how senseless it is, and people conflate that as Salad herself being interesting. She is fairly boring.

#2227 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:53 AM

She isn't. It's interesting that they chose to interrogate how dysfunctional and terrible the SS relationship would obviously be after they made it happen despite how senseless it is, and people conflate that as Salad herself being interesting. She is fairly boring.

She generic to average but because how far the franchise has sunk she is the best character of this generation.

#2228 griff142

griff142

Member of Kishi's execution squad

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:I love anime. I am also a football geek and video game nerd.

Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:04 PM

That's because Naruto was having problems for years that everyone was noticing and complaining about yet were never address that slowly eroded & degraded the story over time; even the fanatics notices some. Sasuke is constantly the focus yet every time he shown kishimoto is just re-explaining why Itachi joined the Akatsuki again, Naruto the main and title character is constantly side-lined to the point even the anime makes fun of it, the heroine only seems to cry/stand on the side-lines/only cares about who she is in love with, for a story about saving a friend the is in danger of falling into darkness through the bonds of friendship yet we barely saw the friendship that is the bases for over 2/3 the story, and so on.

That's why I say Salad is Sakura 2.0 instead of Sakura Uchiha. She is more Sakura with her flaws removed, then she is an equal mix of Sakura and Sasuke traits.

However, this leads to problems because the flaws of Naruto are not the flaws of Boruto. Yes, it is nice their is focus on the main character but it not like there are any interesting concepts to distract the writer from him. It a sequel to a story where the characters you like and watch for fifteen years failed now spend several more years watching the cycle happen all over again with their less interesting kids. In fact the first scene of both the anime and the manga is what seems to be a repeat of the final battle between Naruto and Sasuke with two new boys; further showing that this is a cycle where nothing will be accomplished. Bolt is the focus but he has no motivations beyond his daddy issues, is a gift genius that doesn't have to try at anything, and generally lacks the charisma that his father had the made his grating aspect of his personality tolerable.The filler of the anime has allowed the new team to bond but will that matter latter on? Salad is Sakura with her flaws removed but it doesn't mean they are going to make her an important part of the story or remain so despite the fact that her end goal would make her Bolt's Boss that would decided everything he does. Mainly because she may suffer the same fate as her mother and be replaced by a female that the anime staff are obsessed with. Cups is really just the new Sai, so like in Naruto let's just ignore him because he will likely stop being important after awhile. Nail is the new Sasuke with a even more generic traumatic backstory to justify why he will kill everyone. Isn't this new generation interesting.

I never saw the friendship between Naruto and Sasuke. The only thing I saw was two rivals trying to one up each other. Yeah, sometimes you can develop a friendship from that but to me, Sasuke only tolerated with Naruto and most of the time was trying to kill Naruto. That is not friendship and Kishi did a bad job of showing it especially later on.

#2229 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:00 PM

I never saw the friendship between Naruto and Sasuke. The only thing I saw was two rivals trying to one up each other. Yeah, sometimes you can develop a friendship from that but to me, Sasuke only tolerated with Naruto and most of the time was trying to kill Naruto. That is not friendship and Kishi did a bad job of showing it especially later on.

This is the problem with the rush to the chunin exam. Kishimoto had only 2-3 arcs to build up team 7 friendship before it all came crashing down. Afterwards he had to increasingly over-exaggerated their bond to justify why Naruto and Sakura were going to such lengths for him. Naruto in particular once Sakura even gave up on him. So they went from rival to friends to brothers to brothers that bond is stronger than blood to eternal soul brothers. Problem is this isn't that convincing from the few arcs of interaction they had before Sasuke left the village.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 07 June 2018 - 09:08 PM.

#2230 griff142

griff142

Member of Kishi's execution squad

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:I love anime. I am also a football geek and video game nerd.

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:28 PM

This is the problem with the rush to the chunin exam. Kishimoto had only 2-3 arcs to build up team 7 friendship before it all came crashing down. Afterwards he had to increasingly over-exaggerated their bond to justify why Naruto and Sakura were going to such lengths for him. Naruto in particular once Sakura even gave up on him. So they wen to rival to friends to brothers to brothers that bond is stronger than blood to eternal soul brothers. Problem is this isn't that convincing from the few arcs of interaction they had before Sasuke left the village.

Exactly, maybe after a few more arcs they could have had that friendship Kishi wanted for them but like you said it got rushed through 3 arcs. Honestly through 2 of the arcs Sasuke was already turning down the dark side. Sasuke always thought Sakura was useless so there wasn't even a bond for those two at all, just one sided feelings that Sakura should have been gotten over with and moved on. Naruto was a rival and nothing more.

#2231 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:20 PM

Exactly, maybe after a few more arcs they could have had that friendship Kishi wanted for them but like you said it got rushed through 3 arcs. Honestly through 2 of the arcs Sasuke was already turning down the dark side. Sasuke always thought Sakura was useless so there wasn't even a bond for those two at all, just one sided feelings that Sakura should have been gotten over with and moved on. Naruto was a rival and nothing more.

The third arc is even stretching it since; even by the chunin exam he was having to over-exaggerate their bond by having Orochimaru say Naruto was Sasuke anchor or something like that. Or even the bit during the first Zabuza fight where Sakura pointed out how well they worked together. Though that could mean while they bicker off the job that can work together well.

Sasuke cared about Sakura by the time the curse seal happened during the chunin exam; probably as a thank you for the care she gave him during that event as well as the wave arc. By the end of the chunin exam and before he left the village it clear that on some level he did care about his teammates; probably not to the shippers want it to be but still. The problem is that the bench scene before he left the village was him severing his bond with her, which is why he was always able to attack her without hesitation throughout the entirety of part two. The battle at the valley of the end was his attempt to sever his bond with Naruto, which by the end he couldn't, which is why Naruto was the only one that was able to reach him. Just it is not as deep or dramatic as Kishimoto or the shippers like to turn it into.

#2232 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:31 AM

Boruto episode 61 "The Iron Sand User: Shinki"

The final battle of the tournament begins with Boruto, Sarada and Shinki participating in a battle royale. As the lone representative remaining from the Hidden Sand, Shinki is determined to preserve the pride of the Sand, and goes on the offensive against Boruto and Sarada. Boruto and Sarada team up to fight Shinki, but he puts up an impenetrable defense. Sarada falls, and Boruto's chakra is nearly exhausted, but he refuses to give up!

Didn't watch it but from reading that , battle royal? (maybe they think fortnite and player unknown battleground popularity in the west can be use in this little farce?) so it looks like 3 against one ... funny they call that battle royal. Iron Sand huh ... somehow this kid have same dna with the third kazekage , and it looks like this fight purpose is to forge a stronger bond for salad , boruto and snake kid , generic formula = win through power of bond miracle or it has to be 3 against one because they don't know how to make boruto win in 1vs1 fight legit way , otherwise he will cheat. I'm a bit curious how much did they change since this entire episode is not in the boruto movie , this is like a .... alternate ending like what if boruto become a good brat and refuse to cheat!?! And oh next episode is when the stupidsuki clan attack , and it looks like i was wrong boruto didn't use the cheating device , looks like they gonna make him a saint like naruto.

Edited by Yyubie, 08 June 2018 - 12:35 AM.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#2233 NaruSaku122

NaruSaku122

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:28 AM

Does anyone know what Tsunade is up to these days? i don't watch boruto but i would like to know if she's still alive and still shows up now and then even though she's retired

Edited by NaruSaku122, 08 June 2018 - 02:30 AM.

#2234 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:20 PM

Yyubie. Salad in the movie and the manga during the chunin exam was more competent then Boruto. During the first exam Bolt had to be saved by his two teammates while they were able to handle the pitfall on their own. During the second exam Salad was able to hold her own even finding the flag while Bolt was force to cheat to protect the flag. During the final exam Salad was able to hold her own in the match that was shown with her mother cheering her own, while Bolt had to cheat during every fight. By having her easily beaten by Gaara's kid, removing most of the incidents of Bolt cheating, and having him easily defeat his opponents. It allows them to cover up the flaws Bolt had in the movie, removed the stain of cheating (by that I mean being discovered and getting lectured by Naruto not the cheating in of itself) from their perfect creation's son, and show the superiority of Hinata's son over Sakura's daughter.

Does anyone know what Tsunade is up to these days? i don't watch boruto but i would like to know if she's still alive and still shows up now and then even though she's retired

Last I saw her was in chapter 700 where she hanged out with the previous kages. After that if in Boruto they need to call in another hokage beside Naruto; they gets kakashi, They stop using her probably the same reason they don't like mentioning kushina. She a major character that existence support NS that SP could not convincingly twist to nH; so they removed her, and try to ignore her as much as possible.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 08 June 2018 - 12:29 PM.

#2235 hisaberpie

hisaberpie

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:27 PM

I don't understand why they consider it cheating when boruto uses that jutsu device thing though? I mean, in part 1 naruto, you were expected to cheat during the first part of the exam so what changed now? I think that mechanical device should've been allowed, because realistically if you were in a life threatening battle, you wouldn't be thinking about playing fair. You would, however find and use any weapon you can to ensure your survival.

A real shinobi wouldn't care what weapon they are using as long as it means they win. If it gives them unfair advantage over an opponent, then an opponent should be smart enough to figure out the advantage. Didn't kakashi used to say that a ninja should always look whats underneath the underneath? Something like that?

So i think this whole cheating thing is BS and its only purpose is to add pointless drama into the story.

#2236 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:47 PM

I don't understand why they consider it cheating when boruto uses that jutsu device thing though? I mean, in part 1 naruto, you were expected to cheat during the first part of the exam so what changed now? I think that mechanical device should've been allowed, because realistically if you were in a life threatening battle, you wouldn't be thinking about playing fair. You would, however find and use any weapon you can to ensure your survival.

A real shinobi wouldn't care what weapon they are using as long as it means they win. If it gives them unfair advantage over an opponent, then an opponent should be smart enough to figure out the advantage. Didn't kakashi used to say that a ninja should always look whats underneath the underneath? Something like that?

So i think this whole cheating thing is BS and its only purpose is to add pointless drama into the story.

*reads only the first sentence* Naruto as hokage who was hosting the exam outright forbid it. In the first exam he took the goal was to see how people can think outside the box to get information without getting caught then once obtaining enough information act upon it. The test was set up to punish anyone openly or poorly cheating. The exam was made to try and catch any cheating by the students, yet did not kick them out immediately instead only docked a few point. This was so the genin would go, "what is with this exam! it is likely they want us to cheat but don't get caught!...oh." There is a difference between you shouldn't do it, and a flat out no. There are rules to the exam it is not a flat out free for all, and Naruto made one of the rules for that exam; no device that the sleazy inventor just created. 

*Looks at the rest to see if that didn't cover it all* I've answered this question a lot.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 11 June 2018 - 09:15 PM.

#2237 hisaberpie

hisaberpie

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:25 PM

*reads only the first sentence* Naruto as hokage who was hosting the exam outright forbid it. In the first exam he took the goal was to see how people can think outside the box to get information with out getting caught then once obtaining enough information act upon it. The test was set up to punish anyone openly or poorly cheating. The exam was made to try and catch any cheating by the students, yet did not kick them out immediately instead only docked a few point. This was so the genin would go, "what is with this exam! it is likely they want us to cheat but don't get caught!...oh." There is a difference between you shouldn't do it, and a flat out no. There are rules to the exam it is not a flat out free for all, and Naruto made one of the rules for that exam; no device that the sleazy inventor just created. 

*Looks at the rest to see if that didn't cover it all* I've answered this question a lot.

I suppose boruto couldve been more smart about cheating. But i honestly think "cheating" is kind of a part of being shinobi and getting caught means death. Naruto is fine with sending children on death missions but using some device is a no-no. Maybe if he had actually changed the shinobi system i wouldve agreed but for now i don't think boruto did any harm using some device. His opponents shouldve figured out what he was using. For example, sarada figured out that that sand guy was using a puppet to substitute himself in matches, shinki should've done the same with boruto. Analysing your opponent and fighting them according to the circumtances is what is required to be a ninja. But strategizing and coming up with a good plan have all become useless when you can just throw around high ranking jutsus.

I'm not defending boruto in anyway but i think naruto and the rest of the audience blew the whole thing out of proportion for drama purposes. If boruto were to take part in the chunin exams during narutos time, his device would have meant nothing. It would be seen as just another gimmick to over come and conquer.

With that said, this whole cheating thing reminded me of one my favorite panels in naruto. It was when naruto tried to eat the bentos behind kakashis back during the bell test!

naruto-1564938.jpg

While it might not seem that serious now but this was freaking cute and hilarious! :lulz:

#2238 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:10 PM

Again, there a difference between "it is forbidden," and "read between the lines of what I say to see what you can do to win." Boruto was in the room when sleazy inventor was told it was forbidden to use during the exam, and Naruto's reason for it. This is not thinking smart; this is insubordination. He directly went against the wishes of his commander in chief. Now granted Naruto did that all the time when he was young but Naruto is not the same person we knew from his manga.

Also, remember that Naruto was tied up by Kakashi for trying to eat the meals. He didn't congratulate him for reading between the lines; he punished him for insubordination. Now the reading between the lines was part of the true test but that was during the lunch break not before.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 08 June 2018 - 07:13 PM.

#2239 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 12:48 AM

Agreed , there's no reason to ban that device. People like Lee who dream to become a ninja but don't have the talent could use that.

But in my opinion Naruto ban that device because he gone through hardship and a long journey to become stronger. So it's like Naruto saying "I've gone through hellish s**t to obtain power , so you have to go through the same s**t that i've gone through" , this makes him looks even more bad. I can't help but think that the team behind boruto wants the fans to feel sorry for boruto and direct the hate to Naruto.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#2240 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:18 PM

Agreed , there's no reason to ban that device. People like Lee who dream to become a ninja but don't have the talent could use that.

But in my opinion Naruto ban that device because he gone through hardship and a long journey to become stronger. So it's like Naruto saying "I've gone through hellish s**t to obtain power , so you have to go through the same s**t that i've gone through" , this makes him looks even more bad. I can't help but think that the team behind boruto wants the fans to feel sorry for boruto and direct the hate to Naruto.

It gets even worse when Naruto ends up using the same technology and Boruto calls him out on it. "Oh so if I use it, you say it is bad, but it is totally okay if you use it to cheat your way out of problems."

Not sure if Boruto really had a point about test vs real life, but at the same time he does have a point about Naruto being a hypocrite.

My biggest problem with this entirely is that the so called "school system" that the ninja school teaches showcases that Naruto believes in purer ways of learning jutsu, but also fails to grasp the concept of "In real life, people are going to use any tactic to win." Now, this could have been offshoot by Naruto saying "The chunnin exams and such are meant to show how far you have come on your own merit. Using devices such as these are a cheat in life and really you wont develop properly if you cheat. Granted, people will use every method to win, but know that the whole point is to become stronger with your own talents so you won't need to use cheats like these." Instead Naruto is more like "I don't like them so they are banned."

This is really why Rock Lee is so inspirational unlike Naruto. He had literally nothing going for him and yet he found his own way to not only keep up with everyone else, but actually be stronger for it. Rock lee didn't have gifted genes that gave him powers out of nowhere, he wasn't a decendant of a great ninja that had godlike powers, and he wasn;t a Kyuubi. He was just plain and yet he could go toe to toe with even a tailed beast with any cheats or free power ups.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users