Close
Photo

So when did Kishi really decide to switch to NH?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Jio Freed

Jio Freed

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 04:16 PM

We have been getting nothing but NS hints up until after the pain arc (which is when Sakura suddenly started falling for Sasuke again for some reason). We got chapter 540 which pretty much told us that in Sakura's mind Sasuke>Naruto in terms of her love life...

and yet there was Road to Ninja which not only supported NS but flat out made fun of SS and NH....some people think it was just a few months ago (given the SK child and the fact that he forgot to give Burrito a byakugan...) Some are saying a long time ago (because of NS drifting apart while Naruto had minor platonic moments with Hinata)

Edited by Jio Freed, 09 January 2015 - 04:17 PM.

His brother atleast knew how to do NS right

[img=http://oi58.tinypic.com/11qntsj.jpg[/img]

#2 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:48 PM

It was probably around the time where Jump decided to take his rights to Naruto and create a part 3. Kishi probably did it out of spite.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#3 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:09 PM

Hinata's confession during the Pain arc might have been a hint. Or if not that, definitely 615. (As much as it did not look like a "threat" at all in the larger context.) In both cases, nothing more was added and we continued to get heavy NS hints. Probably after 615, NS moments were a red herring.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 09 January 2015 - 06:12 PM.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#4 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:43 PM

When I told him to.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#5 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:50 PM

Probably when new era project was discussed. What manga does this.

#6 TheBestUsernameEver

TheBestUsernameEver

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:06 PM

The Last has been in production for two years so at least that long.

#7 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:22 PM

I have no Idea. I still cannot believe NH is cannon.

But I did have a hart time seeing NS after 693.

Edited by Don-kun, 09 January 2015 - 07:22 PM.

#8 Elicit

Elicit

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Video Games (mostly RPGs/Platformers/retro stuff), Music, Anime/Manga, Debating

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:01 PM

Well, he said that he planned NH "quite a long time ago"/"very beginning stages of the story", but he didn't write anything for it for over 300 chapters after the Chuunin Exams arc. Even after he did, Naruto & Hinata weren't even close until two years after chapter 699 and several retcons and asspulls that came out of nowhere for the movie. His idea of making SS and NH compete with NaruSaku (after the Pain arc) was having Sakura continue to love Sasuke and forcing Neji's death just for the sake of NH.

If he would just admit that he f**cked up that would be a good start...

Edited by Elicit, 09 January 2015 - 08:25 PM.

#9 Jio Freed

Jio Freed

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:57 PM

The Last has been in production for two years so at least that long.

If anything that should be a hint that it was changed around that time no Naruto movie takes a year to make much less to years obviously there was some rewrite in the works
His brother atleast knew how to do NS right

[img=http://oi58.tinypic.com/11qntsj.jpg[/img]

#10 AnimeGirl_123

AnimeGirl_123

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:44 AM

Well, he said that he planned NH "quite a long time ago"/"very beginning stages of the story", but he didn't write anything for it for over 300 chapters after the Chuunin Exams arc. Even after he did, Naruto & Hinata weren't even close until two years after chapter 699 and several retcons and asspulls that came out of nowhere for the movie. His idea of making SS and NH compete with NaruSaku (after the Pain arc) was having Sakura continue to love Sasuke and forcing Neji's death just for the sake of NH.

If he would just admit that he f**cked up that would be a good start...

Which leads me to believe he did not "change" and NH was always the original pairing. NS was the one he thought about changing to but didn't.

NARUTO X SAKURA

444.gif

#11 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:41 AM

Which leads me to believe he did not "change" and NH was always the original pairing. NS was the one he thought about changing to but didn't.

Eh, believe what you want, but it's simply not the way the story is set up. Kishimoto was following a formula, and sometime in the last quarter of the series he changed it to NH to extend the series and generate buzz around the ending. 

I don't think he planned NH long ago. I think it's just a lie or vague statement to cover up their tactic. They are not going to come out and say they switched the pairings for attention and money, are they? That defeats the purpose of doing it. 

#12 Elicit

Elicit

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Video Games (mostly RPGs/Platformers/retro stuff), Music, Anime/Manga, Debating

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:36 AM

I really don't care about which pairing was planned first. If he had gone for NS there would be no need to kill any characters just for the sake of a pairing, and Sasuke wouldn't give a kitten about any women, or would end up with some random chick that he didn't try to kill like he was supposed to. Also, the last Naruto movie would actually be about a far more interesting subject than romance because he would have been able to explain NS in the manga rather than having to use a movie to explain a pairing. I guess people from all over the world cared so much about Hinata that the series had to suffer for it, though.

#13 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:58 AM

I believe in 2011.

#14 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:05 AM

I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing he planned NH since the first chapter. That's like Lucas planned "Luke I am your father" a week after The first Star Wars. I believe Lucas planned that a year before Empire Strikes Back.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#15 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:19 AM

There was no way NH was planned since the beginning. No way. Everything about part 1 was favorable to NS as a pairing.

Part 2 around the Pain Arc is my guess; that's when Kishi started altering some of the major themes and things stopped making a lot of sense as powerlevels got out of control. I think that's when Naruto as a character changed into this Destined relation of the ninja god rather than the hardworking orphan. Maybe that's why he had to end up with perfect waifu Hinata-hime-sama.

Destinee.

#16 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:41 AM

Hinata's confession during the Pain arc might have been a hint. Or if not that, definitely 615. (As much as it did not look like a "threat" at all in the larger context.) In both cases, nothing more was added and we continued to get heavy NS hints. Probably after 615, NS moments were a red herring.

Yeah 615 was the doom bell for me. I just knew deep down that Kishi was playing with either NS or NH and it looks like it was us. Money-hungry scumbag.

#17 Rabbit

Rabbit

Pappaparapappapa

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Being peculiar. Travelling around the world. Shoujo manga. Obsessed with cats. Jelly beans. NicoNico. SPLATOON. Honeyworks.

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:49 PM

When Kishi realized that money is everything.

Shall we skate?❄❄

5a8024b87c1bc97de775cb6fa0967ff9.gif

#18 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 11 January 2015 - 03:08 PM

I'll just say it like this. 

15 years yet only 15 chapters.  

You had 15 years to develop a canon couple. The people who were born in 2000 are already in high school. That's how long you had to convince someone of believing a fictional couple. 

Yet here we are still debating if they should have gotten together or not. 

He decided on NH 2 years ago and that's that. For an author to develop a non-canon couple more than the canon couple, only to see that the non-canon one was more believable - that's why he said Narusaku was used to throw people off. Because he knew that he couldn't refute all of the time Naruto and Sakura spent together.   

And this also explains the amount of Hinata we've seen at the very end of the War Arc. Even still, it's absolute bad writing for him to continue making Narusaku moments if he's trying to convince the readers that Hinata and Naruto will happen. There were so many ways for Hinata to shine in the middle of the story. "The Last" should have happened before the Pain Arc. Then people would buy into it more. But even still there's no excuse for Hinata to be a damsel in distress, and we don't have an excuse yet for Naruto to go back on his word. 

And then we have the sloppy character designs of the children. Honestly there's no excuse for that, because again, they had 2 years to fix this.

And if Boruto all of a sudden "awakens" Byakugan Imma be dead. I can't...

Edited by Pix, 11 January 2015 - 03:10 PM.

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#19 somilmish

somilmish

Ghost

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:Tanki Online, Physics, Pottermore, Snape FF, Naruto, Fanfiction, Call of Duty, Total War series, AC, SC, etc .

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:53 PM

I think hinata actually exists to be a fallback..the narusaku romance was accidental..
6r1oag.jpg

#20 Catwho

Catwho

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:45 PM

Kishi had this notion that he was "bad" at romance.  So he waffled around the pairings, and finally SP said, "Look, we'll take care of that for you with a movie" and he felt like he was let off the hook, which is why no pairings are confirmed at all during the manga proper until 700.

The thing is, he wasn't bad at romance.  He wrote great characterizations and a wonderful take on the traditional painfulness of Japanese views of love.  

What he's bad at is waff and fluff.  But that's okay!  It's a shounen manga!  Nobody wanted, or expected, any kind of waff or fluff from any of the characters, outside of funny situations.  

So someone needs to smack Kishimoto upside the head and tell him to stop distrusting his own ability to wrote a more romantic love between characters.  Because if you ignore the last two chapters and The Last, he did a pretty damn good job.

Read my stuff! Some of the stories are even finished! Catwho on Fanfiction.net
I also now have a Tumblr like thing:  http://tprara.tumblr.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users