The Future of Heaven & Earth.

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:24 PM

By now, you have most likely read the final two chapters of the Naruto manga.

I'm sure we're all feeling really confused and disappointed in the ending, particularly about how badly Kishimoto butchered his own story and characters.

But I would like to say that I will keep Heaven and Earth running for as long as people want to post here.  :smile:   It really hurts to see the manga end in that way, but many of us have great memories here, and we all met new friends here.  :happy:

To everyone who is staying, and everyone who is leaving, thank you all so much for your support and for being part of H&E for the past ten years!  You have all made this a special place, and you will always have a place in my heart.

Thank you!

#2 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,974 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:31 PM

SMITEEERRRRRR!!!!!! Thou art the man, buddy! What we do without you and the other mods! Thanks a ton Smiter :) Means a lot!

@Everyone I wish everyone stays. I have made great friends and met many new people in here :D Don't want to lose em...This forum holds a special place in my heart..

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#3 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:32 PM

I'm staying. But It will be a while before I come on again. Thank you Smiter for all your hard work. :D

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#4 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:34 PM

I hope this site will continue to be as discussion filled and cheerful as it has been in the past.
We may have a bright future ahead of us now that we are all finally off of Kishimoto's wild ride.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#5 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:35 PM

I'm not leaving

#6 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:37 PM

Now that we have that idiotic ending out of the way, I hope the negativity that plagued this site recently will follow suit.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#7 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:38 PM

Yes, chapter 700 was an anomaly in 15 years of development. I think Kishimoto changed the storyline to continue the series. And I think one day it will be revealed that it was intended to end there, with Naruto with Sakura. So I don't have a problem continuing to ship the only pairing that's gotten any development. And this site will remain a haven for those of a like mind!!

#8 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:39 PM

Thank you for creating this community. I am not a frequent poster, but I assure you that it is a very special place for me.

Honestly, I would like asking everyone who is planning leaving... please, don't leave.

I know that it is hard right now, that you want to have nothing to do with Naruto, that you need time for healing... but we NS fans need sticking together, especially now.

I have seen this kind of thing happening before. The next two or three years the Naruto fans will turn on each other and the shipping wars will get more virulent. Then things will calm down, and several years from now most Naruto sites will be dead, the fandom will be dead, and it will be controlled by people that hates canon (although it may be a good thing in this case).

We need a safe haven in the middle of the storm. And we need more fanfic and fanart to satiate our NS hunger.

And even if you do not want to keep reading Naruto, we can still talk about other mangas, videogames, cartoons, films... Naruto is not the only manga out there. And it was never the best. I am planning revamping the Classic manga/anime thread that I foolishly abandoned, so that plepople can find something new and different that reading.

Please, don't leave. Please, do not erase your fanworks.

Please, stay.

Yes, chapter 700 was an anomaly in 15 years of development. I think Kishimoto changed the storyline to continue the series. And I think one day it will be revealed that it was intended to end there, with Naruto with Sakura. So I don't have a problem continuing to ship the only pairing that's gotten any development. And this site will remain a haven for those of a like mind!!

I also hope so, Tricksie.

And you are right. It is so... weird. It is like if he ignored all hundreds of past chapters.

You know, I have not visited the fanfiction thread for a long time. Maybe I shall change that soon...

Now that we have that idiotic ending out of the way, I hope the negativity that plagued this site recently will follow suit.

From your keayboard to God's ears.

On one hand I am afraid that there will be more fights due to the members feeling very upset. On the other hand, now we will not be fighting because some members think that it is crap. Although on the -cough!- other hand, I am afraid that this site will become too quiet...

Edited by Jenskott, 06 November 2014 - 01:43 PM.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#9 LivinG_Dead

LivinG_Dead

A Detective

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Manga and anime, mainly Detective conan/Case closed and Naruto

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:49 PM

Good to hear. I will still lurk in these forums from time to time.  :thumb:

DPqgMVy.png

I ship Conan and Ai. :love:

#10 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:03 PM

@jenskott - yeah, none of the main goals got resolved. Kishimoto just wrapped it up. There were no answers or justifications. The only thing that was ever explained was how Sasuke was allowed to walk free...sort of. Kishimoto just had them fight, then put on an ending chapter. The main pairing — the girl that Naruto had strived for the whole series, even telling his dead father she was his girlfriend — was swapped out at the very end.

By putting Naruto with Hinata, Kishi denies Naruto's life goal as set forth by Jiraiya. Naruto is supposed to succeed where he couldn't. But Naruto didn't. Kishi dropped the ball.

I've long thought that Kishimoto planned to end it after the Pain arc, but was talked into continuing. And I think this is no different, only now he's tossing a bone to NS fandom saying it will come to pass in the next gen. But I doubt anyone will care.

edit: I don't have a problem seeing this as a series where the creator went off the rails, leaving the main story behind in favor of some other goal. He has long championed Sakura as the heroine and Naruto as the hero. Look at all the movie advertising over and over and over, Naruto-Sakura, Naruto-Sakura. And suddenly now it ends with Hinata? I'm just not buying it. 

Thank goodness this site is here for us!!

#11 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:05 PM

*insert vaguely inspirational line here about perseverance and friendship and blah blah blah*

But really, lol, if I haven't given up on this site after the entirety of part 2, why would I give up now?

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#12 elmas

elmas

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:06 PM

THANKS SMITER!

I DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE MY NS FAMILY!AND YOU SAID H&E IS STILL HERE!

THANKS!

LOVE YOU ALL MY DEAR NS FANS!

tumblr_nipy94W2uE1tjr97wo2_500.gif

#13 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:08 PM

Suggestion: put NS in a museum look for another, may be for a short story  something  that represents H&E.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#14 Rabbit

Rabbit

Pappaparapappapa

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Being peculiar. Travelling around the world. Shoujo manga. Obsessed with cats. Jelly beans. NicoNico. SPLATOON. Honeyworks.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:13 PM

I'll still come here no matter what. Even though NS is not the end-game, I would still be shipping NS forever.

Shall we skate?❄❄

5a8024b87c1bc97de775cb6fa0967ff9.gif

#15 GiaraShidori

GiaraShidori

Cosplayer

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Cosplay *.*

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:23 PM

I met no friends, i met family :happy:

Dattebayo :P

Watching up und down :nslove: :narusaku:

#16 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:26 PM

I'm not leaving. I have grown to love this site. Im not even depressed right now. :)

#17 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:27 PM

Thank you all so much, everyone, it means so much to see all your support!  :grouphug:

I hope this site will continue to be as discussion filled and cheerful as it has been in the past.
We may have a bright future ahead of us now that we are all finally off of Kishimoto's wild ride.

You guys have good points.  :smile:   We've recently had a lot of stress because of everyone worrying over every little thing in the manga.  Now that it's over, we're free to just relax and enjoy ourselves here.  Maybe some of us can even start enjoying NaruSaku again; it's an absolutely fantastic pairing with a wonderful dynamic between Naruto and Sakura if you ignore the way the manga ended randomly.

For now, I need a breather, but I do want to start writing NaruSaku drabbles again at some point.  :happy:

Same here, Trix.  :smile:  NaruSaku will always be a special pairing to me, it is the first and only pairing that I have seriously shipped.  Now that we don't need to worry about the manga anymore... let's show Kishimoto how to REALLY write a great romance.  :wink:

#18 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:35 PM

It's been great Smiter, I'll be staying myself there is other things here to do and talk about.

Thanks for doing what you do and thanks to all the mods!

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#19 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:37 PM

I'm gonna post this here, because I don't want my attempt at inspiration to be buried by...very angry posts, I guess is a tactful way to put it.

I'm just going to say this about the end;

Well, Kishi pulled a Harry Potter. I've been ready for this ever since the War arc, considering how the quality of the writing was, anything was possible.  

BUT, does this mean the several years I've been reading this is a waste? No. In the end, this is just a piece of work that has no bearing on my success in life.  The fact that NaruxSaku did not happen is NOT the end of the world.  Nor is it the start of a bad morning, it may sour it a little, but that's it.  In fact, I'm actually a little relieved it's done. It was a bit of a companion piece to my ongoing path to life and it was one that I followed with little regret.  

In the end, it's JUST fiction.  Go make your own, if you're so inclined.  Let this be a source of inspiration, a manifesto of "what not to do," if you will.  But, don't say "I just wasted my childhood on this piece of crap!"

'Cause really, you're pretty much just shouting at a book, and that's just silly.

#20 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:45 PM

I'm gonna post this here, because I don't want my attempt at inspiration to be buried by...very angry posts, I guess is a tactful way to put it.

I'm just going to say this about the end;

Well, Kishi pulled a Harry Potter. I've been ready for this ever since the War arc, considering how the quality of the writing was, anything was possible.  

BUT, does this mean the several years I've been reading this is a waste? No. In the end, this is just a piece of work that has no bearing on my success in life.  The fact that NaruxSaku did not happen is NOT the end of the world.  Nor is it the start of a bad morning, it may sour it a little, but that's it.  In fact, I'm actually a little relieved it's done. It was a bit of a companion piece to my ongoing path to life and it was one that I followed with little regret.  

In the end, it's JUST fiction.  Go make your own, if you're so inclined.  Let this be a source of inspiration, a manifesto of "what not to do," if you will.  But, don't say "I just wasted my childhood on this piece of crap!"

'Cause really, you're pretty much just shouting at a book, and that's just silly.

tumblr_n60dmdBiMl1shtowzo6_r1_500.gif

People should just have fun with the first part, and imagining what could have been! After all, it's just a manga.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users