36 replies to this topic

#1 trivia212005

trivia212005

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:05 PM

Power Rangers is Cancelled after 17 Seasons.

Here's the Site.

http://linearranger..../NewsFuture.htm

#2 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:20 PM

To think I was 9 when Power Rangers first aired. I can still remember the cast of the first season. Heck, I can still remember some of the episodes.

Wow... to think it's been that long.

#3 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

BOUT FEKING TIME!! DDD8

Talk about beating a dead, rotting horse corpse, that show should have ended YEARS ago!

#4 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 7 2009, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BOUT FEKING TIME!! DDD8

Talk about beating a dead, rotting horse corpse, that show should have ended YEARS ago!

Quoted for unquestionable truth.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#5 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:13 PM

lol I never even caught up to any of the seasons, so I didn't really care that much about the Power Rangers.
I am still pinky-ash

#6 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:19 PM

Another show that I liked from my childhood is now gone. But with the crap they have been putting out lately, it's been a shadow of it's former self for years. Goodbye and good riddance.
Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#7 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:24 PM

Good God, it's over?! Hip hip hooray!

Let's hold a funeral, and bury the casket in raw sewage.

Talk about overstaying your welcome. Some of the absolutely worst television of all time. God, I can't believe I ever watched that dreck. I even dragged my family to see the movie when it came out. Kids are such total bastards.

#8 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:59 PM

Gogogogogogo Power Rangers!

Ah man can't imagine what Saturday mornings would have been without them. How badly I wanted to be the red ranger. How I fell in love with the pink and yellow rangers. How much ass I wanted to kick and be like them. How awesome it was when they were when they united and formed the Ultrazords and saved the Earth once again from evil. All those VHS tapes, action figures, video games, Halloween costumes and much more. A good chunk of my childhood was devoted to Power Rangers and I'll never forgot.

And before someone says 'lololol Super Sentai > Power Rangers' sorry but not everyone was a weaboo and watched subbed Japanese shows when they were still kids.

The best series was of course the original Might Morphin Power Rangers.

Let me hear it one more time.
GOGOGOGO Power Rangers and let the power protect you! --Click here to view--

Ahhh good times, but all good things must come to an end.

#9 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (Gravity @ Mar 7 2009, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good God, it's over?! Hip hip hooray!

Let's hold a funeral, and bury the casket in raw sewage.

Talk about overstaying your welcome. Some of the absolutely worst television of all time. God, I can't believe I ever watched that dreck. I even dragged my family to see the movie when it came out. Kids are such total bastards.

I actually enjoyed PR for the very first season, most of the second season, and then I believe it was Power Rangers in Space, and Power Rangers: S.P.D I also kinda liked, and then all the other seasons were just utter crap to me. And I would just shake my head in a kind of disbelieving horror, whenever they would announce that another new season was premiering DDX

It was long past time for this show to end. It was awesome campy fun in the beginning, but then it just got I'm sorry, lame. And while I'm really not sad to see it go, but I will enjoy my childhood memories of when it first premiered, and wish Power Rangers a fond, well-deserved and overdue farewell happy.gif

#10 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:40 PM

*comes out of rock* I had no idea that Power Rangers were even still running after so many years. I stopped watching it after whichever season it was that half the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers was replaced... well that season where none of the original crew were rangers anymore! So yea, even as a fan, there was only so much I could take... even at a young age! laugh.gif I just hope that it gets a nice goodbye after so many years.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#11 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:47 PM

Oh...Heh, lol, I didn't even know it had still been going on tongue.gif

#12 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:01 PM

Saban made the good Power Rangers. All those great childhood memories of watching the gang in Angel Grove; Jason, Kimberly, Trini, Zack and Billy, and my two favourite characters ever: Bulk and Skull!
How I fanboyed the green ranger, and the disappointment I felt when Tommy returned as the white ranger without the awesome Dragon Zord... yes, I had the dragon dagger!
I even liked Rocky, Adam and Aisha when they showed up to take over the roles of the red, black and yellow rangers when the previous ones retired. Hell, the upgraded Tyrannosaurus of Rocky's was the greatest thing ever!!

I spent more time playing Power Rangers as a kid, than I spend time online now (for those of you who know me, that's saying alot).

*sob*

Oh, the nostalgia hurts my heart.

Anyway, after Disney took over, the american bastardized versions of the awesomeness that is japanese sentai turned to suck. The cheesy stuff in MMPR that made the original so great, failed easily quickly after. It's the Disney-syndrome at it's worst; take a good lisence, and MILK IT DRY!!!

R.I.P. MMPR, and good riddance Disney PR!

And also, my generation... nostalgia nao plx:

Goldar's gonna get you tonight.... TONIGHT!
DESTROY THE POWER RANGERS, AND DESTROY THE EARTH!!

#13 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:13 AM

Wow, so each different crew wasn't a different spin off series?

the original was certainly the best in my opinion.
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#14 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:28 AM

I'm probably the only person that weeps for that. Not so much as I would have thought though, I kinda like Dino Thunder and Time Force, but the first season stays the best for me and the rest? Bullcrap smells better than them... Sayonara Power Ranger.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#15 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 08 March 2009 - 03:53 AM

"Its Morphin' Time!" I remember Power Ragners in Poland when I was like in pre-school XD.

But seriously, they should've done so after Mighty Morphing P.R
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#16 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:03 AM

Good riddance.

uc.png

#17 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:07 AM

Meh. At its best, it was a cheap live-action rip-off of Voltron. :indeed:

Seriously, I thought it was over with long ago, so I'm surprised to here it was still being made until just recently.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#18 krazzedkyubbi

krazzedkyubbi

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:NaruxSaku just meant to be, my Brittney-chan, bowling, great friends, hanging out, and krazee music. My interest also include getting to know weirdos like me!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:54 AM

AHH fond memories of PR and Sailor Moon in the morning before school. They are both missed. I have all the Sailor Moon stuff thanks to my GF. But I have no MMPR. Ohh well the funeral was well overdue anywayz....R.I.P

#19 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:54 AM

hmm, ah, so nostalgic.... I loved watching it when I was a lil' kid I stopped watching it after beast wars (I think). I was grade 5 at that time, the only reason I stopped was so that I could watch Medabots. LOL

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#20 deathworks

deathworks

I'am something..

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • Interests:Computers computers and computers

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:59 AM

all hail lord zedd!! ^^ god this been around when i was in 3rd grade almost 17 years ago lol i cant believe its been around for so long lol
Naruto on Disney.....I give up....
Good night sweet prince..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users