49 replies to this topic

#21 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:25 PM

I've not been happy about the writing and storying done on the show thus far this season so this news came with little surprise or dismay, but it seems to be more directly related with them running over budget.

Edited by chouzu_tao, 03 November 2008 - 08:30 PM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#22 NutMan

NutMan

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:23 PM

Wow this is the worst show on television. The first season was awesome and this is just...wow. What a steaming pile of crap. Heroes is now the worst thing to ever grace any television screen in the history of FOREVER.

It's disappointing because it was so good at first. What happened?

#23 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 03:24 AM

Next episode, we get to see some Villain origins! I really want to see Sylar's past and some of the other evil baddies' stories.

#24 Fallen_Angel

Fallen_Angel

Shadow Jester

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Email me to find out: a little about my interests Swimming and diving are my sports of choice, i love anime, i love movies and video games, my main hobby is writing...love it and love music<br /><br />And my new site: http://wirlescomunity.informe.com/forum/

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:13 PM

The real problem isn't really about the plot, you have to know that this is only like a 1/4 of the story (this season that is) and it is suppose to be different and not as good. I mean think about it. You dont get to meet new people, you are meeting their demons. The problem with most people is they see Skylar becoming a hero and yet then goes back to his father (evil) But don't be pissed, we have at least one more season to go through.

It can always get better and it will when they realize the crap they are putting out

but there is my rant and if you want my real opinion i will be posting it later today (this was just defending Heroes)

Later,
F.A.
To some I am a Fallen Angel, to others I am the demon of oblivion, I guess the lies are finally found, What will you be on judgement day?

Life is short so best to know what you are capable of. Enjoy the Ride of life and yet keep a close eye on everyone around you. because one day, they could be your saving angel.

#25 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:42 AM

The head writers responsible for the majority of this season and season 2 have been sacked. This is the best news ever.

Apparently the remainder of this season will be the writing staff attempting to "fix" all the problems with the show. I hope they succeed, because this show used to be awesome and can be again.

#26 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:51 AM

QUOTE (Illjwamh @ Nov 12 2008, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The head writers responsible for the majority of this season and season 2 have been sacked. This is the best news ever.

Apparently the remainder of this season will be the writing staff attempting to "fix" all the problems with the show. I hope they succeed, because this show used to be awesome and can be again.

I thought they said that those head writers have finished the end of the season? Like their work carried out till the end of season 3...

Loeb has completed writing/producing the fall finale, the last episode of the “Villains” chapter titled “War.”
From HeroesRevealed.com

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#27 Fallen_Angel

Fallen_Angel

Shadow Jester

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Email me to find out: a little about my interests Swimming and diving are my sports of choice, i love anime, i love movies and video games, my main hobby is writing...love it and love music<br /><br />And my new site: http://wirlescomunity.informe.com/forum/

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:35 AM

*falls to knees* NOOO!!...cant they just let it go and let us get our good Heroes back....*cries and then stops* Wait! This could be good....*evil laugh* a_plotting.gif
To some I am a Fallen Angel, to others I am the demon of oblivion, I guess the lies are finally found, What will you be on judgement day?

Life is short so best to know what you are capable of. Enjoy the Ride of life and yet keep a close eye on everyone around you. because one day, they could be your saving angel.

#28 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE (Onionhead Attacks @ Nov 12 2008, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought they said that those head writers have finished the end of the season? Like their work carried out till the end of season 3...

The fall finale, as in the last episode before the winter hiatus. The second half of the season comes in the spring.

#29 Fallen_Angel

Fallen_Angel

Shadow Jester

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (Illjwamh @ Nov 12 2008, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The fall finale, as in the last episode before the winter hiatus. The second half of the season comes in the spring.

but wasnt what they said 'at the end of the 'season' not mid-season...so who is right then?

#30 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:23 AM

To tell you the truth, this whole season stuff is beginning to confuse me and mess me up big time. Right now all I go by is volume because that seems to work better for me... unfortunately that's not how the news are being posted as.

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#31 Fallen_Angel

Fallen_Angel

Shadow Jester

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:42 AM

Yeah, you are right..i just wish they would be more specific about this problems and the new writers.... I mean it is their responsibility to let us know about our shows and whether or not we have bad writers or good writers. Right?

#32 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:01 PM

It's quoted right up there in Onionhead's post. "Fall finale".

#33 Fallen_Angel

Fallen_Angel

Shadow Jester

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:57 PM

yes i know but a few of these people are talking about season end....but yet you say fall finale the problem is....Fall Isnt end of season.....it makes no sense from my point of view (i mean i understand now that it is changing writers as of Fall finale but it doesnt make sense to say the end of season when they mean bi-seasonal change, ya know?)

#34 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:35 AM

Who said end of season? Where did anyone say that? Where are you getting this?

#35 Fallen_Angel

Fallen_Angel

Shadow Jester

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:57 AM

I was talking to someone...i cant remember who b4 i ever talked on this forum.....but they were talking about it and they said end of season but i didnt believe her...

*sry it was after*

Edited by Fallen_Angel, 14 November 2008 - 01:57 AM.

#36 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:29 AM

facepalm.png

And that's what's got you confused and not letting go? Oy.

#37 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 05:36 AM

Well, after seeing this week's episode, I must say... I really don't like the direction the show is going at all. I really enjoyed Heroes in season 1, but now... it's making me feel sick of how screwy their story lines are, especially when they're trying to link stuff together to season 1 and having it make little if any sense at all. Also, the romance they stuck in here for season 3 really... really bites. It feels so unrealistic and underdeveloped that it's almost as if I'm watching a non well written fanfic on the tv screen.

For those who don't know what romances I'm talking about:
Matt & Daphne and Sylar & Elle

I mean, Matt goes into the future for a bit, is suddenly in love with his future wife whom he has never met before and now... he's being wrapped around her finger and it could possibly lead to his demise because his gullibility and naivety.

Then there's Sylar and Elle. It kind of feels as if they just threw in this pairing for season 3 because in season 2 when Elle was saving Mohinder, Molly, and Maya, it seemed as if she didn't really have a past with him. To me, it appeared as if she heard of all the stuff Sylar had done and that was it. Then in season 3 it's "they liked each other before he became a serial killer!" dry.gif
And now... she's completely ballistic that he killed her father, yet after shocking him to death (almost) she suddenly forgives both him and herself so that her body's no longer in agony (what??? huh.gif ) and they're now all chummy once again. Then in the supposed future they have a kid together. facepalm.png

I kinda wonder if this is one (or more) of the reasons why they decided to fire the head writers. Nothing makes sense and I think I've seen people on the net raving about how they wish for Heroes to return to its season 1 glory.

[/rant]

phew... that was a lot to rant about >.>

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#38 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:23 AM

There's too much screwed-up kitten to retcon now. They only way they'll ever truly be able to fix it is to say the entirety of seasons 2 and 3 were just a dream of Ma Petrelli's that is a warning of a possible sucky future.

That in itself of course would cause the show to completely and irreversibly jump the shark (assuming it hasn't already done so).

There is no escape.

Edited by Illjwamh, 22 November 2008 - 08:23 AM.

#39 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE (Illjwamh @ Nov 22 2008, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's too much screwed-up kitten to retcon now. They only way they'll ever truly be able to fix it is to say the entirety of seasons 2 and 3 were just a dream of Ma Petrelli's that is a warning of a possible sucky future.

That in itself of course would cause the show to completely and irreversibly jump the shark (assuming it hasn't already done so).

There is no escape.

You can say that again. Everything as of now is a big fat err.gif ?! I have no idea what Ali Larter and Greg was raving about. Nothing makes sense and it's just screaming "insert whatever we can into first season to make the idea work and tie it to present day" and family mess. Who's who's kid nowadays? And who's gonna kill who???

No!! Elle!! You should have listened to Claire and maybe you might still be alive right now!

Nathan... what have you done?! Started the world's doom??

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#40 bassclef

bassclef

Konoha Journalist

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:34 AM

Hmm, well, putting the problems that spawned from Season 2/Volume 2 aside, my interest in the series is right back where it started after December 8th's episode "Our Father". The focusing of multiple story arcs into a 43 minute weekly episode seems to have ended. This move is something I've been waiting for since season 2. In other words, having an episode focus on fewer characters and have their storyline intertwine with another allows the viewer to 'digest' the overall story much more easily. It may not seem like a minimalist strategy to some, but the simplicity gives just enough to entice viewers to tune into next week's episode.

Our Father" spoilers? --Click here to view--
Who else here loved the interaction between Claire and Hiro? Ah, language barriers...

You know, at this rate Claire may become immortal like the late Adam Monroe one day. And the only person who could possibly stay as a constant figure in her life would be Hiro. Yeah, I'm hoping that Hiro and Claire get together. Hiro x Claire, all right! If you search with the keywords "Masi" and "Hayden" you'll see a lot of photos of the two together. The two actors may not be in a romantic relationship, but to me there seems to be great chemistry going on.

Too bad Hayden Penettiere and Milo Ventimiglia are dating. 12 year age gap. Interesting.

"I got bored, so I decided to go and buy a 360. *shrugs* I mainly use it when I'm bored... Which happens to be all the time, lol." -me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users