#1 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:49 PM

Hey, since I didn't see a Heroes thread floating around here (mods please merge this if there is one) I thought I'd start it. I'm really psyched about the new season after having it off air for so long. Season 3 premiere on Monday, September 22 happy.gif

Discuss! Season 1, 2, 3, future seasons!

Official Site: http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/

One of many fansites: HeroesRevealed!

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#2 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:54 PM

I hope Season 3 rocks to make up for Season 2.

uc.png

#3 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 21 September 2008 - 01:42 AM

I know what you mean Uzumaki, Season 2 was a sort of a letdown. Hoping for a better story this time

#4 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:29 AM

To be fair, Season 2 wasn't really their fault; they had to trim and condense it to less than half its intended length because of the writers' strike.

I just finished watching the whole series from start to finish, and I'm really looking forward to Monday.

#5 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:57 AM

I agree that season 2 was a let down and that it was mostly due to the rushing to an end because of the writer's strike. How did everyone feel about the first episode of the new season, I had to record it and watch it later because of work. It's kind of weak right now. There are a lot of characters right now that just are unsympathetic in my eyes... and plot hole with Peter's time travel. Hope to hear your thoughts. Thanks. smile.gif

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#6 Jin

Jin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:59 AM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Sep 22 2008, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree that season 2 was a let down and that it was mostly due to the rushing to an end because of the writer's strike. How did everyone feel about the first episode of the new season, I had to record it and watch it later because of work. It's kind of weak right now. There are a lot of characters right now that just are unsympathetic in my eyes... and plot hole with Peter's time travel. Hope to hear your thoughts. Thanks. smile.gif

Time travel is always a plot hole. I hate time travel when used as the basis of a plot for anything. Which makes it really weird that I am a fan of Heroes and The Terminator franchise.

#7 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE (Jin @ Sep 22 2008, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Time travel is always a plot hole. I hate time travel when used as the basis of a plot for anything. Which makes it really weird that I am a fan of Heroes and The Terminator franchise.

Yeah, this is true. Unfortunately, time travel seems to be the launching point for this season... again... and unfortunately, in my eyes it's really really really weak. Some of the established rules are broken with powers too.

Episode 1 & 2 spoilers
--Click here to view--

Why doesn't Peter just you know... teleport back to right before he completely missed the prior action? He seems to be able to do it at will, and when he travels back, it seems to be on a linear path, and so when he goes back he changes the future to create a new linear path... Since it does have a direct effect on the new future he's supposedly from, why doesn't he just go back directly to the three points in the episode's plots that he "Opps, I just missed them"ed?

If Peter is able to absorb other's abilities how come he didn't absorb his future self's power to undo what was done to him? Does his power cancel out his past self's power to gain new abilities?

I don't know why I thought of this just now, but how come Peter didn't just repeatedly explode at the finale of season one? After he exploded the first time did he magically learn how to control the explosive power?

Does his mother have a different dream of the future every time someone changes the past? If so then how come she still tries to prepare for the future event vs. preventing it altogether? Especially since it has changed time and time again from the predicted future.

Surresh'es powers? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Spider-man, man-spider saga + the fly to the MAXX?

Healing factor has always been weird to me, but it seems like Claire's healing factor helped Peter completely recompose his body after it 'blew up like an atom bomb'. So technically shouldn't the blood that saved Nathan's life during the events prior to season 2, hurt him vs save him since it was blood specifically from Adam/ pseudo-Kensei Takezo, meaning it should reject and kill off all foreign non-Adam tissues and possibly even create a new Adam Munroe slowly over time?

How come, knowing the powers that Peter has, did his mother not train him to defeat all the villains in level 5. I understand motherly love, but she seems very willing to sacrifice things to keep the many alive... so instead of Peter she decides to gain the aid of and strengthen, a villain who kills people for sheer gain........

It seems like they will focus on some other people more in this season, leaving other characters to play weaker links... Hiro and Ando..... :rolleyes: ... but laugh.gif Hiro called the girl Catwoman to his Batman... does this mean romance in the air again for the often pwned hero?

How much time has passed with Hiro vs the other characters? Suddenly he's radically annoyed at being normal again that he, in my mind, out of uncharacteristically (disregarding his growth) endangers the world? I feel like they stuck Hiro right back at the beginning of the series, he's not matured at all, and is completely a kid again. Is it just me, or has he always been this childish? Especially towards Ando... that kind of feels like a weak means to 'that' end to me for the writers.... Hiro pushes him away, accuses him of being a villain and then Ando begins to hate Hiro and does become that villain.

There's a stale taste in my mouth from these two episodes, and I have an opinion on why these episodes and season 2 didn't work for me, but I'll reserve that judgement for the end of this season, to see if it plays out like I feel it will. I hope it gets good again.

What else do you guys think? Thanks.

Edited by chouzu_tao, 23 September 2008 - 06:17 AM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#8 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:09 AM

I HATE SPOILER TAGS, SO SCROLL DOWN TO SEE

A lot of the points you brought up make a lot of sense. There are things that seem quite simple that never seem to occur to the characters (or the writers). I for one would like to know exactly what Future Peter did to Regular Peter, and how. Also, when the hell did Niki get ice powers? And how long has it been since she blew up? We didn't see Mica or Monica at all, so there's no way for us to know. Also annoying.

Mohinder's new powers seem to have also messed with his mind, but then again he could've just been power tripping. Literally, lol.

The only thing really cool in this pair of episodes was Sylar. Of course, Sylar is always cool, and generally amps up the awesomeness of any scene he's in by at least two.

WTF is up with Linderman? Is Nathan going insane?

I was also surprised to find myself happy and relieved that Elle didn't die. I'm really hoping she gets to turn over a new leaf and be a good guy; she's a very sympathetic character.

At least one of my long-time questions was answered: Ma Patrelli's power. It's been driving me nuts wondering what the hell it was. Is it just me or do a lot of the Company's founders have relatively useless powers?

END SPOILERS

#9 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:26 AM

Reaction to Illjwamh's post. --Click here to view--
QUOTE (Illjwamh @ Sep 23 2008, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are things that seem quite simple that never seem to occur to the characters (or the writers). Also, when the hell did Niki get ice powers? And how long has it been since she blew up? We didn't see Mica or Monica at all, so there's no way for us to know. Also annoying.

Yeah, here's part of my dilemma that I said I was going to save until later... it feels like lazy writing right now. They just want to get to the end, which usually is supposed to be shocking and exciting (failed twice in my mind), so they seem to be forcing things to happen uncharacteristically.

Mohinder's new powers seem to have also messed with his mind, but then again he could've just been power tripping. Literally, lol.

Yeah, same thing happens in "The Fly" when Jeff Goldblum's character begins to change. The sex too...

The only thing really cool in this pair of episodes was Sylar. Of course, Sylar is always cool, and generally amps up the awesomeness of any scene he's in by at least two.

The funniest part in the whole two episodes is when those two agents get pwned.

WTF is up with Linderman? Is Nathan going insane?

Maybe someone else is using their power to project him into Nathan's mind. I think we're to believe he's the devil or something.

I was also surprised to find myself happy and relieved that Elle didn't die. I'm really hoping she gets to turn over a new leaf and be a good guy; she's a very sympathetic character.

Yeah, I agree.

At least one of my long-time questions was answered: Ma Patrelli's power. It's been driving me nuts wondering what the hell it was. Is it just me or do a lot of the Company's founders have relatively useless powers?

Yeah, gold? Writers being lazy again? Well... Matt's father didn't have a lame power, but others seemed to, yes.

Edited by chouzu_tao, 23 September 2008 - 06:28 AM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#10 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:06 AM

For a tiny post, I'll do the tags --Click here to view--
It's not like it hasn't been foreshadowed. Peter's been having prophetic dreams almost since the beginning, and since one of my earliest questions was "shouldn't he have absorbed his mom's power too if she has one?", it's satisfying in a way to learn that the writers really were paying attention, but it just seems kind of...underwhelming. And what the hell was Kaito's power? Being awesome with a sword and talking ominously?

#11 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE (Illjwamh @ Sep 23 2008, 02:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For a tiny post, I'll do the tags --Click here to view--
It's not like it hasn't been foreshadowed. Peter's been having prophetic dreams almost since the beginning, and since one of my earliest questions was "shouldn't he have absorbed his mom's power too if she has one?", it's satisfying in a way to learn that the writers really were paying attention, but it just seems kind of...underwhelming. And what the hell was Kaito's power? Being awesome with a sword and talking ominously?

In one of the deleted scenes in season 2 it is learned that he has the power of being great with numbers... and probability/ predicting things... so he was great with the Stock market and stuff.... *yawn* similar to the online voted 'create your own hero' Santiago....

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#12 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:10 AM

Lmao. The trend of lame powers among Company founders continues.

#13 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:23 PM

Heh, a little off topic, but I had to throw this little tidbit in. Did you know there is a Naruto reference in the first season?huh.gif Heh, thought so.

In the scene at the cafe, where Ando and Peter are talking before he runs off to the high school, Ando refers to Sylar disappearing like "Hokage". And then puts it in terms for Peter by calling him the boogieman. I spent the weekend watching the first season again and just happened to notice this.

#14 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 10:31 PM

It's been a while since the premiere and let's just say that things have gotten interesting... not sure in a good way or not... But ...

recent events... --Click here to view--
ZOMG Arthur Petrelli's a power stealer?! No more quirky Adam Monroe or Peter's power imitations! It makes me wonder how messed up the future is now and if Peter's ever going to regain his power...

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#15 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:09 AM

The season hasn't been any better in fact in some aspects its been worse, what the hell happened and the writer's strike is NOT an excuse. sleep.gif

uc.png

#16 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:13 AM

QUOTE (Onionhead Attacks @ Oct 26 2008, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
recent events... --Click here to view--
ZOMG Arthur Petrelli's a power stealer?! No more quirky Adam Monroe or Peter's power imitations! It makes me wonder how messed up the future is now and if Peter's ever going to regain his power...

Of course he will. He's Peter, which is about as close as this show gets to a main character. Adam dying was a surprise, and I really hope Elle ends up seeing the light. This isn't the first time I've wanted to give her a hug, and no, not just because she's played by Kristen Bell.

I am continuously amazed at how unbelievably stupid Parkman is. The guy can read minds, and yet everyone keeps lying to him and manipulating him without any trouble whatsoever. If he gets killed it will be his own idiot fault.

Edited by Illjwamh, 28 October 2008 - 05:13 AM.

#17 Jin

Jin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:25 AM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Sep 23 2008, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heh, a little off topic, but I had to throw this little tidbit in. Did you know there is a Naruto reference in the first season?huh.gif Heh, thought so.

In the scene at the cafe, where Ando and Peter are talking before he runs off to the high school, Ando refers to Sylar disappearing like "Hokage". And then puts it in terms for Peter by calling him the boogieman. I spent the weekend watching the first season again and just happened to notice this.

I wonder if it was actually meant to be a Naruto reference or if Hokage is an actual ninja term like Shinobi. I tried to find an exact definition on the word Hokage, but all I can find is Naruto references and Flame of Recca references.

#18 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (Jin @ Oct 28 2008, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder if it was actually meant to be a Naruto reference or if Hokage is an actual ninja term like Shinobi. I tried to find an exact definition on the word Hokage, but all I can find is Naruto references and Flame of Recca references.

Yeah I was wondering the same thing.

The series has turned into a giant soap opera.... so now instead of enjoying it like the first season I'm enjoying it in the ooo I wonder who's related to who this episode, and which Petrelli brother is going to go in and get his butt handed to him and get imprisoned this episode, while the other one flees. Yes it's only happened twice but shesh revolving doors? How inefficient. And remember how I asked how Peter was suddenly able to control his explosive powers after he exploded the first time? How is the father able to control all the powers right away?

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#19 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Oct 29 2008, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The series has turned into a giant soap opera.... so now instead of enjoying it like the first season I'm enjoying it in the ooo I wonder who's related to who this episode, and which Petrelli brother is going to go in and get his butt handed to him and get imprisoned this episode, while the other one flees. Yes it's only happened twice but shesh revolving doors? How inefficient. And remember how I asked how Peter was suddenly able to control his explosive powers after he exploded the first time? How is the father able to control all the powers right away?

You make a good point because when he first obtained Maya's ability, he was completely in control. But then again, that's just one ability. How is he controling all the abilities that Peter has mimicked without the slightest hitch? I mean it took Peter a while to even get the hang of using other's abilities what with falling off a tall building and "robbing" some woman's purse and all.

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#20 Jin

Jin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Oct 29 2008, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I was wondering the same thing.

It is prolly just a matter of more experience with abilities and a better understanding of how they work. Also I think Maya and Peters main issue with their powers was that it acted off their emotions and neither could really control their emotions. Peters dad doesn't seem to be the type to be held back by such useless things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users