• Please log in to reply
54175 replies to this topic

#53981 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 02 October 2022 - 09:56 PM

In the case of Robocop/Alex, while he does get revenge, he does also still follow a path of justice in his work as a cop, and for Kratos, he saw the consequences of his selfishness with his desire for revenge so much, even trying to stop Baldr in the last game since he knew revenge wouldnt make him feel better since for Kratos, he was so full of it he kept shifting his vengeance until he saw what he was doing and accepted his own blame for his circumstances too.

agreed and there better stories than sasuke heck ezio was the same but we saw him grow as a character and when he beat Rodrigo said killing him wouldn't change anything his father and brothers were still dead. 

#53982 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 11:06 PM

agreed and there better stories than sasuke heck ezio was the same but we saw him grow as a character and when he beat Rodrigo said killing him wouldn't change anything his father and brothers were still dead. 

The thing I see as the problem for Sasuke and his wanting revenge so much is his motives for why change so much. Witt Itachi, it wasnt just the fact of the massacre, it was Sasuke being jealous of Itachi, even as much as he admired him, since he had their fathers approval, even as Fugaku wanted to use Itachi as a tool for his coup.

When Itachi died, and Obito told Sasuke some of the truth for his own aims, Sasuke wanted to not just make those who hurt Itachi pay, he wanted to simply destroy the thing Itachi chose over their WHOLE family, even if he spat on all Itachi did to keep him alive.

For Sasuke, his approach is more like Kratos, choosing to change the goalposts constantly but not seeing his own faults in his ambitions for vengeance, such as how his jealousy was his biggest factor to wanting to kill Itachi, since he said it himself as a kid he loved Itachi but deep down, he monologued about how he HATED him too. Only difference is while Kratos accepted his own choices being why he went through what he did, Sasuke never really did that.

Edited by Bryon_Konoha_Ninja, 02 October 2022 - 11:06 PM.

#53983 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 03 October 2022 - 10:03 PM

The thing I see as the problem for Sasuke and his wanting revenge so much is his motives for why change so much. Witt Itachi, it wasnt just the fact of the massacre, it was Sasuke being jealous of Itachi, even as much as he admired him, since he had their fathers approval, even as Fugaku wanted to use Itachi as a tool for his coup.

When Itachi died, and Obito told Sasuke some of the truth for his own aims, Sasuke wanted to not just make those who hurt Itachi pay, he wanted to simply destroy the thing Itachi chose over their WHOLE family, even if he spat on all Itachi did to keep him alive.

For Sasuke, his approach is more like Kratos, choosing to change the goalposts constantly but not seeing his own faults in his ambitions for vengeance, such as how his jealousy was his biggest factor to wanting to kill Itachi, since he said it himself as a kid he loved Itachi but deep down, he monologued about how he HATED him too. Only difference is while Kratos accepted his own choices being why he went through what he did, Sasuke never really did that.

yah and we saw what lead kratos to become the monster he was and i how the new games developed him more and made him wiser

cause i remember kratos saying in god of war 2 i am what the gods made me

#53984 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 01:49 AM

yah and we saw what lead kratos to become the monster he was and i how the new games developed him more and made him wiser
cause i remember kratos saying in god of war 2 i am what the gods made me

Yep, and his only flaws in the new game was he was afraid of his past mistakes coming back to haunt him, hence his hesitancy for a while with Atreus before he started to open up more, even managing to help Atreus just as Atreus tried to help him, especially after the final battle with Baldur.

#53985 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 06 October 2022 - 12:21 PM

Yep, and his only flaws in the new game was he was afraid of his past mistakes coming back to haunt him, hence his hesitancy for a while with Atreus before he started to open up more, even managing to help Atreus just as Atreus tried to help him, especially after the final battle with Baldur.

agreed they grew closer together and kratos even called out atreus when he was getting full of himself after hearing he's a god. plus kratos warning him about what gods are really like

#53986 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 06 October 2022 - 06:50 PM

agreed they grew closer together and kratos even called out atreus when he was getting full of himself after hearing he's a god. plus kratos warning him about what gods are really like

As well as Atreus not pressing the issue about seeing his grandfather and Kratos killing him in their return trip to Hel.

#53987 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 19 December 2022 - 04:03 AM

509356167_759751.gif?4

#53988 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 25 December 2022 - 06:02 AM

509356167_759751.gif?4

#53989 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 30 December 2022 - 12:10 AM

@Phantom_999 I know you're gonna love this, but I just had to make this because I've finally reached that point with the Naruto series and the pairings in general!

sheesh, my editing skills are rusty lol  :sweat:

https://www.tumblr.c...to?source=share

In fact, I think you all are gonna find this a huge treat, hopefully  :happy:

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#53990 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 December 2022 - 02:26 AM

The Rave Master, Fairy Tail and Edens Zero pairing stuff I can get behind. NaruHina not so much lol If you have anything for My Hero or Black Clover though I'd be super happy :smile:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#53991 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 30 December 2022 - 02:40 AM

The Rave Master, Fairy Tail and Edens Zero pairing stuff I can get behind. NaruHina not so much lol If you have anything for My Hero or Black Clover though I'd be super happy :smile:

I know, those are still gonna be coming, I should've been more specific.... I was referring to Naruto pairings in general! 

As for My Hero and Black Clover,  I've got something in mind for IzuOcha, and Astelle coming which I  know you'll be very happy to see   :happy:

Edited by LuckyChi7, 30 December 2022 - 02:41 AM.

#53992 TacticalFox88

TacticalFox88

A Sly Fox

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Science Fiction, Manga, Military History, Internet, Soon to be Digital Media.

Posted 02 February 2023 - 04:37 AM

You know something. There are other series that have pairing I dont really gel with, (Sora/Matt from Digimon, Makorra or Korrasami, Kenji/Brooklyn from JP:CC)

But I could get over those (last one I mentioned Im still peeved about but its a prices) but this

Nah. This kitten still annoys the kitten out of me so much.

Literally made me hate the story that had soooooo much influence me.

#53993 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 05:56 AM

You know something. There are other series that have pairing I dont really gel with, (Sora/Matt from Digimon, Makorra or Korrasami, Kenji/Brooklyn from JP:CC)

But I could get over those (last one I mentioned Im still peeved about but its a prices) but this

Nah. This kitten still annoys the kitten out of me so much.

Literally made me hate the story that had soooooo much influence me.

It's strange how Naruto has that effect on many people. I mean sure, I did watch series where I didn't really care much about the pairings or I didn't get it but it's not enough for me to ruin the serie I like. Maybe it's the whole thing about feeling sad knowing Naruto's background that makes you feel like you wanna give him whatever he wishes for because it's excruciating to see him suffer like this. Maybe it's because not many shonen have the main character pinned over a girl like the way Naruto pinned over Sakura, especially that early in the manga (yeah, they are others example but not to that level).

I remember old anime/manga series where yeah, you got the main guy that gets with the main girl but the guy usually doesn't like or care about the girl at first, same with the girl over the guy and you also have the typical girl that likes the main character  usually is there to be the fangirl more than anything else) but the romance usually in these old manga/series,  the romance part is so subtle that at the end, you weren't even sure if they were together or not except maybe seeing a small scene that sealed the deal. 

Whatever the reasons are, Naruto makes us feels so much more about the whole pairings when in the beginning, most pairing fans just started as simple fans of the serie, like most of serie we like I guess.

#53994 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 05:44 PM

Whatever the reasons are, Naruto makes us feels so much more about the whole pairings when in the beginning, most pairing fans just started as simple fans of the serie, like most of serie we like I guess.

Naruto was overly sentimental (even by shonen standards) and also strangely fixated on romantic themes even aside from the MC (with Obito and Jiraiya etc) so it just tends to sit badly with people that they got it wrong.

It's like if you lived your whole life really wanting to own a fast car and you never had the money, then you finally win the lottery but the car you buy is a 2001 Prius with 300,000 miles on it. It defies expectations in a bad way.

#53995 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 02 February 2023 - 05:46 PM

Naruto was overly sentimental (even by shonen standards) and also strangely fixated on romantic themes even aside from the MC (with Obito and Jiraiya etc) so it just tends to sit badly with people that they got it wrong.

It's like if you lived your whole life really wanting to own a fast car and you never had the money, then you finally win the lottery but the car you buy is a 2001 Prius with 300,000 miles on it. It defies expectations in a bad way.

That's honestly a beautiful way of describing it DrK! 

I'd have to agree with that 100%

#53996 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 06:05 PM

That is true, well said! 

I was talkiing about the MC mostly because I rarely asaw other shonen clearly stating liking a girl that early and that much in the manga. But yeah, like you said, lots of romance and even emotional non romantics moments that makes you feels so much emotions for all these characters. So yeah, knowing just how bad they treated this big aspect of the story makes it even worst.

Not only did they make a farce out of it but they continue to drag it into the mud, constantly trying to validate the endgame pairings that lack real good foundation. While SS/NH is bad, if at the very least they would't drag everything else into the mud to validate their endgame pairing with dirty tricks or seperate novels and actually make a good story about real bounds between characters again, while it wouldn't erase the past mistakes at least it would give back something that was once stolen.

Edited by Serenity Namikaze, 02 February 2023 - 07:37 PM.

#53997 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 03 February 2023 - 08:53 PM

This song fits this couple... maybe more than Pocahontas and John Smith.

Edited by NaruSaku fan in Kentucky, 03 February 2023 - 08:54 PM.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#53998 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 03 February 2023 - 09:55 PM

Damn seems they removed it well unless anyone else can see it, since I know I can't.

#53999 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 03 February 2023 - 10:38 PM

Damn seems they removed it well unless anyone else can see it, since I know I can't.

Weird, I can watch it no problem.

#54000 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 February 2023 - 06:37 PM

Not only that we got it wrong, but the alternatives that were given are straight up garbage. Sakura married a neglectful husband that ignores her for years on end and before tried to kill her and emotionally abused her. Naruto's marriage looks like a "bland as toast", unfulfilling  arranged obligation rather that of a genuine loving and equal relationship (like their hierophants claimed). It is more along the lines that your were PROMISED a fast state of the art car, but were give a run down overused hunk of junk on the verge of shutting down all together and the repair costs in the long run cost  you more than a brand new car.

Edited by Phantom_999, 23 February 2023 - 11:00 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users