• Please log in to reply
54175 replies to this topic

#53321 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 31 August 2021 - 04:30 PM

Oh yes definitely. But what are the answers/excuses from Hinata's hierophants? :hehehe:

From the way they act, Naruto is not even a character. He is Hinata's prize for all of "her simping", and don't act like it's not true. :zaru:

No one will ever deny that.  Heck, It's been pointed out that recent stories involving Hinata are becoming increasingly more inclined towards harem, with Naruto being turned into a cuckold because he's apparently not good enough for her anymore. Or as "revenge" for him being a workaholic who doesn't spend time with his "lovely, devoted" wife as he "should". And these writers still identify as NaruHina.  Naruto's always been passively objectified as a "prize" by the NaruHina and/or treated as an expy by the male Hinata fans. 

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#53322 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 31 August 2021 - 07:54 PM

Kishi failed Hinata as well. Her tsundere moments exist in the Boruto manga and SD, which aren't written by him. In the Boruto movie, she's a background character, a mere housewife and quite docile at that. She's not the heroine she was in The Last. She gets injured off screen, and she's still a chuunin. Which means she's on par with Iruka in terms of fighting. The ending does not please Hinata, only some of her fans. Which makes it obvious they don't care for her either. She was a prestigious clan heiress stripped of her birthright, she should've either fought to become head of the clan, or find her own path. 

Kishi assumed people only liked Hinata for her boobs, but a good writer should value all his characters. He said that she stays in the background watching Naruto from afar, and late in the manga she vows to stand beside him. Then 3Y later she's still watching him from afar, they don't even spend time together as friends.. and Sakura has to matchmake them. 

This sexism extends to Sakura as well and frankly most female characters. Because it's about his conservative ideology not his opinion of Hinata as a person. 

Edited by sushi., 31 August 2021 - 08:06 PM.

ナルサク

#53323 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 31 August 2021 - 09:17 PM

Kishi failed Hinata as well. Her tsundere moments exist in the Boruto manga and SD, which aren't written by him. In the Boruto movie, she's a background character, a mere housewife and quite docile at that. She's not the heroine she was in The Last. She gets injured off screen, and she's still a chuunin. Which means she's on par with Iruka in terms of fighting. The ending does not please Hinata, only some of her fans. Which makes it obvious they don't care for her either. She was a prestigious clan heiress stripped of her birthright, she should've either fought to become head of the clan, or find her own path. 

Kishi assumed people only liked Hinata for her boobs, but a good writer should value all his characters. He said that she stays in the background watching Naruto from afar, and late in the manga she vows to stand beside him. Then 3Y later she's still watching him from afar, they don't even spend time together as friends.. and Sakura has to matchmake them. 

This sexism extends to Sakura as well and frankly most female characters. Because it's about his conservative ideology not his opinion of Hinata as a person.

Which is why current stuff in Shonen Jump like My Hero Academia, Black Clover, and even Demon Slayer despite it finishing up are known for showing respect to their female characters, even making them epic as heck, and able to do some crazy cool stuff!

#53324 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 31 August 2021 - 09:42 PM

Which is why current stuff in Shonen Jump like My Hero Academia, Black Clover, and even Demon Slayer despite it finishing up are known for showing respect to their female characters, even making them epic as heck, and able to do some crazy cool stuff!

I only watch OP right now, but I think the most important factor isn't physical skills, but character growth and contribution to the plot. Sakura is not useless in battle, she's the strongest girl in her generation, but she is underutilized in the plot. With the exception of the Sasori fight and a few other scenes, she's there to stir tension and be emotional support. Sasuke is actually what drives the manga, Naruto as well but I think after the pain arc his character was pretty much a closed book. He could've discovered more about diplomacy, the shinobi system, finding the answer to Nagato's question. Naruto's promise to Nagato opened a door he never walked into. I remember an interview which Kishi stated he killed Jiraiya so that Naruto could understand Sasuke more, but I think seeing eye to eye concerning Konoha's crimes would be more effective. Sasuke would be the revolutionary and Naruto would try to change the system from within. Sakura does not fit in here. Naruto is the moon, Sasuke the sun, there is no third symbol linked to those. It isn't entirely Kishi's fault, he wrote himself into a hole so Sakura can't escape her position as third wheel. The best solution would be to unlink her growth from them, individualize her. Like, she was never given a dream besides protecting her teammates and winning Sasuke's heart.

I went a bit offtopic here but my thoughts are so many..I'm a big OP fan and reading Oda's work makes you realize how he's miles ahead of Kishi. Every strawhat member is a complex character that takes turns on getting the spotlight, and there are 9 of them. Compare that to K9.. Oda draws big boobs on everyone but he would never ask an interviewer if they only liked Nami or Robin for their boobs. 

ナルサク

#53325 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 31 August 2021 - 11:32 PM

No one will ever deny that.  Heck, It's been pointed out that recent stories involving Hinata are becoming increasingly more inclined towards harem, with Naruto being turned into a cuckold because he's apparently not good enough for her anymore. Or as "revenge" for him being a workaholic who doesn't spend time with his "lovely, devoted" wife as he "should". And these writers still identify as NaruHina.  Naruto's always been passively objectified as a "prize" by the NaruHina and/or treated as an expy by the male Hinata fans. 

That's a recent occurrence? From what I remember nH stories generally ended up with Naruto having a Harem. Since the fans see Hinata as completely faithful and loyal to Naruto. She should clearly be fine with Naruto having sex with all the hot women; hell she often the one getting women into the harem from the fanfic I saw. Or is Hinata the one that has the Harem now?

...Hinata had Tsundere moment in the Boruto manga... when? Do you mean the anime?

#53326 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 01 September 2021 - 02:03 AM

That's a recent occurrence? From what I remember nH stories generally ended up with Naruto having a Harem. Since the fans see Hinata as completely faithful and loyal to Naruto. She should clearly be fine with Naruto having sex with all the hot women; hell she often the one getting women into the harem from the fanfic I saw. Or is Hinata the one that has the Harem now?

It's the latter, these days. Apparently, NaruHina(or really, just Hinata) fans have become self-aware enough that they realize on some level that Naruto doesn't actually care about Hinata or at least they feel he doesn't care about her enough (by their inconsistent standards), so they've taken to writing Hinata with her own harem of male (and sometimes female) lovers to "punish" Naruto. It's becoming quite a prominent trend in NaruHina fanfiction and it's hilarious since these works are a product of spite and disillusionment(because the Hinata fans can't hold on to the delusion that Naruto actually loves her). Unlike the regular Naruto harem stuff, which is just your typical perverted wish-fulfillment.

Edited by Kagomaru, 01 September 2021 - 02:21 AM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#53327 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 03:33 AM

...Hinata had Tsundere moment in the Boruto manga... when? Do you mean the anime?

It might have been a filler

ナルサク

#53328 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 10:21 AM

It's the latter, these days. Apparently, NaruHina(or really, just Hinata) fans have become self-aware enough that they realize on some level that Naruto doesn't actually care about Hinata or at least they feel he doesn't care about her enough (by their inconsistent standards), so they've taken to writing Hinata with her own harem of male (and sometimes female) lovers to "punish" Naruto. It's becoming quite a prominent trend in NaruHina fanfiction and it's hilarious since these works are a product of spite and disillusionment(because the Hinata fans can't hold on to the delusion that Naruto actually loves her). Unlike the regular Naruto harem stuff, which is just your typical perverted wish-fulfillment.

...Again, I know they don't care about Hinata actual personality because they just insert whatever they want it to be, but isn't she the loyal slightly prudish woman that would never even dream of being with anyone other then Naruto; also wasn't that part of her appeal?

#53329 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 06:12 PM

...Again, I know they don't care about Hinata actual personality because they just insert whatever they want it to be, but isn't she the loyal slightly prudish woman that would never even dream of being with anyone other then Naruto; also wasn't that part of her appeal?

To the diehard NH fans, absolutely it is. Its also why they try to live vicariously through Naruto as a proxy because they want that kind of woman

#53330 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 10:50 PM

Hinata you can have this guy - hes all yours 😂😂 :lol: Minakushis offspring everyone. Two hotties made a nottieXDD

https://twitter.com/...6576847877?s=21

Edited by sushi., 01 September 2021 - 10:53 PM.

ナルサク

#53331 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 12:58 AM

Hinata you can have this guy - hes all yours 😂😂 :lol: Minakushis offspring everyone. Two hotties made a nottieXDD

What the heck!? XDXDXDXDXD

#53332 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 02 September 2021 - 01:01 AM

Question... where were you when you first saw the ending?

509356167_759751.gif?4

#53333 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 02:23 AM

Hinata you can have this guy - hes all yours :lol: Minakushis offspring everyone. Two hotties made a nottieXDD

Again, I say that SP relied too much on the headband to keep Naruto's face right. Now that they don't have the headband they can't get the proportions right. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 02 September 2021 - 03:12 AM.

#53334 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 06:38 AM

I was at a summer boarding school on the countryside. I was real sad and then me and my friends just laughed

Edited by sushi., 04 September 2021 - 12:02 PM.

ナルサク

#53335 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 02 September 2021 - 01:09 PM

Those would be "extra appeal points", if anything. Post time skip, sure. But she had vocal supporters even when she was 12 with the body of a twelve year old, and still had those fans saying she deserves a chance with Naruto. No, It was always her devotion to the social pariah that fans loved about her above all else first, and the "stacked, super model body" came after. 

EhhHHH, kind of? Hinata got a lot of "oh she's cute" "AWWW she has a crush!!" focus. People loved her because they could relate to her in a way.
The ~hot bod~ hit her 12 year old self too. But not in the manga. Any of you remember the infamous waterfall filler episode? Where, for no reason, she was dancing naked in front of the waterfall and Naruto was just ~oh so enchanted by her~. SP had the hots for her even when she was 12.

Here...and the Narutofan forums. 

Edited by Moon_Girl, 02 September 2021 - 01:10 PM.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#53336 RandomGuy

RandomGuy

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:many things....

Posted 03 September 2021 - 12:27 AM

I was on Tumblr and Mangapanda at the time. I remember specifically dreading the ending because of the leaks of the Boruto generation of kids. I also remember thinking that the ending we got wasn't the true one because the designs for the Boruto kids were ugly and bland.

#53337 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 04 September 2021 - 01:18 AM

At home. I had been browsing Manga Helpers and just was in disbelief about the validity of the ending as well as the stuff for "The Last", but I can tell you, I was PISSED.

Edited by Bryon_Konoha_Ninja, 04 September 2021 - 01:19 AM.

#53338 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 04 September 2021 - 06:16 AM

At home. I had been browsing Manga Helpers and just was in disbelief about the validity of the ending as well as the stuff for "The Last", but I can tell you, I was PISSED.

Me too. I'm not an early bird but I had to read the ending and looking back at it I wish I didn't.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#53339 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 04 September 2021 - 01:57 PM

The US fans. I've never found a single comment from a US Hinata fan that hated how Hinata acted in Road to Ninja.

Yeah, it is the most hypocritical thing. Every other female character is bashed.
"Ino dresses like a wh*re"
But it is okay if Hinata wanted to...especially RtN

"Sakura is abusive and a kitten"
But Hinata is worse "she is strong and independent." 

The excuses for Hinata are almost as bad as Sasuke's

Edited by James S Cassidy, 04 September 2021 - 05:03 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#53340 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 04 September 2021 - 02:10 PM

The sh#* I've seen on Twitter over the past 2 years is quite honestly astonishing. SasuSaku fans have the highest of reaches over the littlest of interactions... 

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users