• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7972 replies to this topic

#1 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:22 PM

Since copies of the movie have been leaked, let's go ahead and launch an official The Last discussion thread!

If you were discussing issues in The Last Theory Thread, feel free to move your posts here or ask a mod to do it.

Discuss away!

#2 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:27 PM

nooooo the thread with the infinite numbers of post!!!  RIP TO IT! :wallbash:  :confused:

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#3 Michi

Michi

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:27 PM

First to post!

OK OK.

THIS MOVIE SUCKS ASS.

Edit: nvm. not the first one. 7___________7

Edited by Michi, 26 January 2015 - 05:30 PM.

aeb83504-2ae7-426f-b3d0-4fb11dcfd84b_zps

pfeffersteak.tumblr.com

#4 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:28 PM

r.i.p chatte's thread  :sad:

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#5 Michi

Michi

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

nooooo the thread with the infinite numbers of post!!!  RIP TO IT! :wallbash:  :confused:

Damnit.... You beat me to it. :hm:

pfeffersteak.tumblr.com

#6 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

meme-2145--noooooooo.jpg

#7 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:29 PM

First to post!

OK OK.

THIS MOVIE SUCKS ASS.

tumblr_m8edtoRsxE1qdf6w8o1_r4_500.gif

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#8 Michi

Michi

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:29 PM

lol can't wait to watch the movie so I can finally discuss how kitten the last shoujo is.

pfeffersteak.tumblr.com

#9 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:30 PM

I'm reposting my response to tran95's post with movie scenes from the Last Theory thread...since I'd just written it in the other thread when I realized the movie had been leaked and it was time to start a new thread! lol

Dunno why, but the Last tag is full of different new pics- click on your own risk

Of all the pictures, I hate this one the most. They inserted Hinata into the classic Naruto/Sakura walking pic. Seriously, how many times have we seen this image, of Naruto and Sakura walking down the street and Naruto has his hands stretched up over his head? Countless times. There are definitely some things that they've done to try and wipe away the obvious NS from the manga and earlier in the anime. This is one of them.

And as usual, the lush graphics and lighting and tweaks to their character design don't make the movie better, in my eyes. It just serves to show how different these characters and this whole movie is from the manga. It's not hard to look at it and go "That's not the Naruto I read and liked," because it's literally not the same Naruto. Sakura is drawn as very flat and unappealing, with her no curves or muscles look and her muted monotone hair and skin colors. (Even if Sakura wasn't redrawn to look like a beauty queen, she could have at least gone the more muscular Korra look. But she got neither.) Yet Hinata is really given a total makeover. Wispy, floaty hair, big curves, pale skin contrasting with dark hair, and her eyes have been toned down to look not so grotesque. 

Naruto and Sakura look ridiculous. Pale copies of their earlier selves. But at least they still look like ninjas and still have some kind of cohesion by looking like each other. However Hinata looks like some kind of fluttering princess dressed up in ninja costumes for the day. With her waist-length hair always flying around her, it's totally easy to see her as some kind of nameless anime fairy princess on deviant or pixiv. She is looks like an idealized girl, drawn so appealingly that an audience member would love her just based on her looks. And the subversive message in her fluttery, shy beauty is that fans will forget that her upgraded role goes absolutely counter to everything the story is about. They were banking on audiences being blinded by her beauty.

It's almost impossible to look at these images without seeing how overtly Hinata is treated and drawn, how much time is spent on her beauty and details, and how little is spent on Naruto and Sakura. Their bright yellow and bright pink color scheme is completely gone. Now the only highly contrasting character is Hinata. It's not an accident.

#10 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Oh man. A new thread. Let me repost this:

http://sparda3g.tumb...has-been-leaked

#11 Lady Lys

Lady Lys

Odore buono del cielo sull'erbe, pioggia di prima sera.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

HELLS BELLS THAT THREAD WILL BE MISSED!!

Now, continuing what I was writing, since I saw tricksie's post at mid-type:

A derp question: What would do you if you meet Hinata on the road?   :pimp:

Run her over with the Grand Cherokee. And then shift the gear in reverse and flatten her some more. 

Then I'd look at her mangled remains and tell: 'That's what you get for not loving your family and not giving a kitten about anyone who's not Nardo. BIIITCH. Now give me back my Neji'.

And some Italian curses, 'cause they couldn't possibly be avoided.

Edited by Lady Lys, 26 January 2015 - 05:31 PM.

- L'inguaribile ottimismo di un dodo.

Hungry for glory - AS Roma 1927

But they were all of them deceived, for another canon was made. In the land of Japan, in the fires of Studio Pierrot, the dark Lord Kishimoto forged in secret a master canon, to control all others, and into this canon, he poured his cruelty, his malice, and his will to dominate all life. One canon to rule them all.

#12 Advaith

Advaith

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:32 PM

lol can't wait to watch the movie so I can finally discuss how sh*tty the last shoujo is.

Hey,shoujo has it's own decency,it will be an insult to shoujo to call this kitten a shoujo.

#13 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

I wonder why seeing people that happy about this movie, makes me feel anger?  :ermm:

#14 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

COME ON NARUTO :argh:

tumblr_mripc7D7eC1rlupwvo1_1280.jpg

#15 ichigo500

ichigo500

Ichigo gunyu

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Oohh a new thread....Gonna miss the old one ! we spent so much time there : from still believing that the movie would be NS to laughing at how much nonsense it contained ! 

R.I.P chatte's thread !  :cry:

tumblr_nq5cp7mpWa1t4u7tdo1_500.gif

:love: Kiss Kiss Fall in love  :love: 

My tumblr

#16 Advaith

Advaith

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:33 PM

Poor chatte's thread

#17 Swagkura

Swagkura

真夜中の太陽

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts
  • Interests:KakaSaku & NaruSaku

The animation is great, that's for sure. Doesn't change the fact that the movie is kitten though.
tumblr_o2ymbkICMv1ttuk3wo3_500.gif

#18 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

in case anyone missed it, here's the movie. 

https://mega.co.nz/#F!cg9RWCTQ!iVykdtqJR-MdRI30HKOXHA

edit: be sure to spread it to yours friends ^_^

Edited by luffyq1, 26 January 2015 - 05:34 PM.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#19 ichigo500

ichigo500

Ichigo gunyu

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:34 PM

I'm reposting my response to tran95's post with movie scenes from the Last Theory thread...since I'd just written it in the other thread when I realized the movie had been leaked and it was time to start a new thread! lol

[spoiler= Dunno why, but the Last tag is full of different new pics- click on your own risk]tumblr_nirnbtxy611tfo8bno1_1280.jpg

Of all the pictures, I hate this one the most. They inserted Hinata into the classic Naruto/Sakura walking pic. Seriously, how many times have we seen this image, of Naruto and Sakura walking down the street and Naruto has his hands stretched up over his head? Countless times. There are definitely some things that they've done to try and wipe away the obvious NS from the manga and earlier in the anime. This is one of them.

And as usual, the lush graphics and lighting and tweaks to their character design don't make the movie better, in my eyes. It just serves to show how different these characters and this whole movie is from the manga. It's not hard to look at it and go "That's not the Naruto I read and liked," because it's literally not the same Naruto. Sakura is drawn as very flat and unappealing, with her no curves or muscles look and her muted monotone hair and skin colors. (Even if Sakura wasn't redrawn to look like a beauty queen, she could have at least gone the more muscular Korra look. But she got neither.) Yet Hinata is really given a total makeover. Wispy, floaty hair, big curves, pale skin contrasting with dark hair, and her eyes have been toned down to look not so grotesque. 

Naruto and Sakura look ridiculous. Pale copies of their earlier selves. But at least they still look like ninjas and still have some kind of cohesion by looking like each other. However Hinata looks like some kind of fluttering princess dressed up in ninja costumes for the day. With her waist-length hair always flying around her, it's totally easy to see her as some kind of nameless anime fairy princess on deviant or pixiv. She is looks like an idealized girl, drawn so appealingly that an audience member would love her just based on her looks. And the subversive message in her fluttery, shy beauty is that fans will forget that her upgraded role goes absolutely counter to everything the story is about. They were banking on audiences being blinded by her beauty.

It's almost impossible to look at these images without seeing how overtly Hinata is treated and drawn, how much time is spent on her beauty and details, and how little is spent on Naruto and Sakura. Their bright yellow and bright pink color scheme is completely gone. Now the only highly contrasting character is Hinata. It's not an accident.

Oh God, i haven't noticed that ...

anyway, it's not surprising...after all, they copy-pasted all NS-SNS moments and mixed that with the first movie and RTN ! 

tumblr_nq5cp7mpWa1t4u7tdo1_500.gif

:love: Kiss Kiss Fall in love  :love: 

My tumblr

#20 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:34 PM

Can I just say that I am finding it annoying to learn more about The Last, guys. X_X It just is sucky that it ruins EVERYONE, and for what?! A lousy ending that now has the author and the studio on damage control because they screwed up! And so many damn retcons! This just fuels me to work on my fanfic more and more to give a big middle finger to Studio Pierrot and Kishimoto-sensei, and to act as a reminder to what made Naruto great in the first place!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, movie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users