331 replies to this topic

#41 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:22 PM

I just can't get over how feel-good this chapter is. It's like a giant step forward for our favorite #1 ninja of surpise. Everything is touching, much more so I'd say than Suna being there when Gaara wakes up. Iruka's and Hinata's seeing of this is touching. (Maybe Naruto has some fangirls now too like Gaara did, even though he's still just a genin tongue.gif) From Iruka's stand point it's like watching his son achieve a major goal in his life. He doesn't step forward to congratulate him in front of everyone, taking the moment away from Naruto. He lets Naruto bask in what he's rightfully earned. Again... Jiraiya!!! sad.gif

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#42 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:23 PM

Naruto and Sakura have the most developed relationship between any two Anime/Manga characters I have EVER seen, if Kishi can't be proud of anything else in his Manga( he can of course) it is that fact. It would be a shame to watch it all go to waste for whatever reason, but I just don't see that happening. danarusakunp3.gif

This chapter will remain in my top five of the entire series. w00t.gif

Edited by Wolfheart, 05 June 2009 - 03:24 PM.

#43 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (Vld @ Jun 5 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aside from that, Naruto is in love with Sakura, but he accepted a long time ago (when he promised to bring Sasuke back) that she doesn't love him. Something he, like the foll he is, will always believe as long as she doesn't tell him.

HE didn't accepted it. He is doing it for her happiness. I am sorry I just had to point that out ^^.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 05 June 2009 - 03:24 PM.

#44 Prime

Prime

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (Vld @ Jun 5 2009, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yeah, the hug scene was very cool. I also loved Hinata's expression. Keep in mind people that while i like the idea of Naruto and Sakura together, i'm more of a NaruHina shipper.

Now, as much as most of you may hate me for pointing it... the hug only confirms something we knew ever since Naruto returned, and something Yamato pointed at.

It shows us that Sakura loves Naruto, yes. It doesn't show that she realised it yet. And it certainly doesn't mean that she finally chosed him. As far as i can see, she's still "in love" with Sasuke (at least until she finally realises that it was just a childhood crush, which she hasn't so far).

Aside from that, Naruto is in love with Sakura, but he accepted a long time ago (when he promised to bring Sasuke back) that she doesn't love him. Something he, like the foll he is, will always believe as long as she doesn't tell him.

What i'm saying is what i told once already. Both pairings are still possible. Hinata's smile, to me, means that she accepts Sakura's feelings for the blond wonder. It in no way means that she might give up. So it will all come to two things. Hinata's ability to overcome her shyness... in a normal situation, not in a life or death one, and whether Sakura is mature enough to finally stop denying she loves Naruto... and choses.

Not to mention the Naruto factor, who already resigned himself to losing Sakura to Sasuke.

I don't know who will win him in the end, but i hope for a good battle... figuratively speaking.

I don't see how you could think she is still in love with Sasuke. As there has been no development in forever. She could possibly be but there is no way to tell if she is or is not as feelings have changed with Naruto and them feelings we have actually seen it's not just something you would have to assume. Like you said Naruto does have feelings for her thats why I think she will have to tell Naruto she loves him tho yes. Of course Hinata still has a chance but it seems to be slipping farther and farther away as time go's on. It seems like at first he was trying to bring back Sasuke for each other. But it seems like Sakura mainly wants Sasuke back for Naruto's feelings now.

Edited by Prime, 05 June 2009 - 03:27 PM.

#45 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:37 PM

Honestly, I don't know what she feels towards Sasuke anymore. I'd like to think that she is a three-dimensional character, so I don't think she's going after him because of her crush, but at the same time, Kishi to this point has given no real out-and-out explanation as to why she's still going after him. She's spent much less time with him than Naruto has, and Sasuke's never really shown any care for her, nor helped her do anything really, so even as a person getting a teammate back is kind of an empty reason. I mean, she's gone through a lot to get him back, and I've never truly bought the whole "Naruto getting Sasuke back solely to keep his promise/ Sakura getting Sasuke back for Naruto's sake" deal. That's probably part of the reason, and it certainly adds to the complex dynamic, but I don't think that's the only reason either.

Anyway, I saw the other posts and wanted to throw my confusion into the mix. What I really wanted to talk about was this: If the Hokage was decided by this meeting, how come when the 3rd died, everyone agreed on Tsunade becoming the Hokage, when I'm sure Danzo was probably present and disagreed. So if the Fire Countries' Daimyo was so easily convinced now, why wasn't he back then?

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#46 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Jun 5 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think some point this weekend I'm going to re-read this arc again. cool.gif

I know that I've already re-read this chapter at least 3 times because of the epic hug of course, plus the villagers enthusiastic and heartwarming reception and welcome of Naruto happy.gif Not to mention the hilarity of Team Cloud tongue.gif

#47 Grizzly1

Grizzly1

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:44 PM

hmmm would have been better if it was a full hug, I mean not only is it one armed it is half around his body. IT IS A Quarter(1/4) of a HUG!

Not that i didn't like it but talk about c*ck tease...

#48 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (Prime @ Jun 5 2009, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course Hinata still has a chance but it seems to be slipping farther and farther away as time go's on.

IMO, Hinata never *had* a chance to begin with.

#49 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:49 PM

Even though Sakura's feelings for Naruto has grown; the fact that Sasuke has been out of the picture for so long doesn't mean she doesn't still have feelings for him. I am a big NaruSaku fan, but I still feel Kishi has left her character open to either scenario. After seeing him again it might bring back her old feelings.

I think Naruto's promise to bring Sasuke back for her was his acknowledgement of her feelings for Sasuke, not that fact that he's completely given up. The fact that he is willing to sacrafice his own happiness for hers, is an act of love in of itself.

#50 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jun 5 2009, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IMO, Hinata never *had* a chance to begin with.

Oh, come on!

That one chapter, where Naruto and Hinata were in the same panel, Naruto looked at her..... TOTAL LOVE huh.gif

TOTALLY! a_thumbs.gif

Anyway, upcoming chapters should definatly be interesting. I'll be on vacation next release, but i'll get to check it out next monday =/ NARUSAKU 4 LYFE! narusaku.gif

#51 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (Wolfheart @ Jun 5 2009, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, come on!

That one chapter, where Naruto and Hinata were in the same panel, Naruto looked at her..... TOTAL LOVE huh.gif

Lol

#52 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (Grizzly1 @ Jun 5 2009, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmmm would have been better if it was a full hug, I mean not only is it one armed it is half around his body. IT IS A Quarter(1/4) of a HUG!

Not that i didn't like it but talk about c*ck tease...

lol well i think it was more intimate this way, with her hand on his face and her face snuggled into his shoulder and....oh crap, i have now wet my pants...

When i read those couple pages, my imagination took over and a myriad of cute and naughty narusaku scenarios filled my brain! narusaku.gif

i better go clean myself up... 121721.gif

#53 EarthBorn

EarthBorn

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:&gt;Science! and the Tech stuff. <br />&gt;Music (I do the Guitar, occasional Keyboard and Lyrics writing for a school band I'm a part of)<br />&gt;Writing<br />&gt;Gaming <br />&gt;One thousand other stuff...

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:55 PM

Sweet.

All I can say for sure is this : that was NOT a platonic hug. I would feel really weird if my sister hugged me like that. It was far to tender for that.
I'm so glad that we got out moment. biggrin.gif Thanks Kishi.

The point of interest here is Danzou. I can tell that the fire lord's an idiot, they should learn about democracy soon. tongue.gif What will happen now just remains to be seen.

#54 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (EarthBorn @ Jun 5 2009, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The point of interest here is Danzou. I can tell that the fire lord's an idiot, they should learn about democracy soon. tongue.gif What will happen now just remains to be seen.

I know he differential a Idiot if he so easily shaped in to a pawn for Danzo plans.

#55 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (Chivalrysae @ Jun 5 2009, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even though Sakura's feelings for Naruto has grown; the fact that Sasuke has been out of the picture for so long doesn't mean she doesn't still have feelings for him. I am a big NaruSaku fan, but I still feel Kishi has left her character open to either scenario. After seeing him again it might bring back her old feelings.

I think Naruto's promise to bring Sasuke back for her was his acknowledgement of her feelings for Sasuke, not that fact that he's completely given up. The fact that he is willing to sacrafice his own happiness for hers, is an act of love in of itself.

I don't know about that. By the time Sasuke come back, it won't be pretty for the next reunion. We all know Sasuke is coming to kill the council, actually that includes the WHOLE entire villagers so I believe he's so in the darkness that when Sakura sees this, the "crush" feelings for him will immediately go down the drain. I know that she will go down fighting for Naruto and her home.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#56 Grizzly1

Grizzly1

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:02 PM

maybe i had the image of the eventual hug strung around the many well drawn fanHugs, but ive seen Bros hug more intimately then what i saw here...oh well, take what you can get...

however I didn't think the firelord could appoint the hokage, wasn't it the two old people, I mean he just appointed danzou willy nilly

#57 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 5 2009, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know about that. By the time Sasuke come back, it won't be pretty for the next reunion. We all know Sasuke is coming to kill the council, actually that includes the WHOLE entire villagers so I believe he's so in the darkness that when Sakura sees this, the "crush" feelings for him will immediately go down the drain. I know that she will go down fighting for Naruto and her home. Making her go back to "lovely-dovey" or welcome back Sasuke in open arms meaning all of her entire development since Part II has went bye-bye which is VERY bad writing.

This is pretty much the reason I really just can't see SasuSaku in the least. Anyway, Sasuke had really no relationship development with Sakura before he left. Is he suppose to come back to destroy the village/council after three years of seclusion training under Oro, and suddenly develop feelings for her? huh.gif

Though I dare not challenge SasuSaku fandom biggrin.gif ..I'll leave that to the NaruSaku debate team! cool.gif

#58 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (Grizzly1 @ Jun 5 2009, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
maybe i had the image of the eventual hug strung around the many well drawn fanHugs, but ive seen Bros hug more intimately then what i saw here...oh well, take what you can get...

He was in shock!

#59 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (Grizzly1 @ Jun 5 2009, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

however I didn't think the firelord could appoint the hokage, wasn't it the two old people, I mean he just appointed danzou willy nilly

I already posted something earlier in the thread with my thoughts on that, but I already know there will be plenty of arguments against it. tongue.gif

#60 Grizzly1

Grizzly1

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 5 2009, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He was in shock!

because a girl he likes touched him? if she tied his shoes he would have been shocked, that is if ninja wore shoes....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users