• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#21 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I like watching anime, reading manga, and watching TV shows.
    I also enjoy watching/playing football(soccer) and playing video games. I like coding and software development too, as well as having a interest in technology. Oh how can I forget drawing! Although I don't really do it as much now, used to love it as a kid.

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:17 AM

I would say Naruto has lost it's quality over the last year or two, especially with how long this arc has been. However the recent chapters have been very good so that's always a good sign. For me though after watching One Piece I'd say it is definitely the best right now maybe even best anime so far, like I'd even place it above DBZ which for me has always been untouchable by others haha.

I'd probably put AoT on a solid 3rd or 4th with Naruto being the other, although with the anime waiting for the second season and manga coming out only once a month it is hard to keep interest without forgetting what happened the month before etc...

Bleach used to be great but I stopped after the Aizen arc and just lost interest, I like Fairy Tail and I'd say it has better character development than Naruto but it also lacks sometimes with the conclusions of battles and stuff. 

Most recently I've watched Magi and it has been absolutely just BEAST well the first season anyway, I haven't watched much of the second season but yeah very good anime and I assume manga too.  :D

10wnpqp.jpg

#22 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:17 AM

Well either way, none of us counts over 1, so we can't really say if mine or yours is the truth or not. It's just the way it is. Heck, people could argue Bleach is better than Naruto and I still wouldn't tell them they're wrong.

One thing I do got to say is that anime really does help manga boost. I thought it wasn't true but yeah, it is.

Not at all Naruto is so much better than bleach. Bleach is like all over the place and one shots everywhere. I so interested in Naruto while Bleach is just another thing to read every week. 

I honestly dont think you all who say naruto has been bad know what you want from the manga, its easy to say its bad but what would you have done to make it "interesting" You dont even know. All of you wait 5-6 hours by your computer waiting for the new chapter Right? so you cant say you dont find it interesting. 

This war has been great, you had a chance to see a bunch of old characters. There has been so much character development throughout the war. 

Edited by Kster95, 07 March 2014 - 12:21 AM.

43iduct.jpg

#23 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:21 AM

Not at all Naruto is so much better than bleach. Bleach is like all over the place and one shots everywhere. I so interested in Naruto while Bleach is just another thing to read every week. 

I honestly dont think you all who say naruto has been bad know what you want from the manga, its easy to say its bad but what would you have done to make it "interesting" You dont even know. All of you wait 5-6 hours by your computer waiting for the new chapter Right? so you cant say you dont find it interesting. 

This war has been great, you had a chance to see a bunch of old characters. There has been so much character development throughout the war. 

My point is that everyone has their own opinions, so we can't say "this arc is terrible, so everyone must hate it." My Bleach comment is an example, not what I truly think nor what I assumed people think. It's just something that we can't tell unless asking everyone.

I do like what you say though.

#24 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:50 AM

My point is that everyone has their own opinions, so we can't say "this arc is terrible, so everyone must hate it." My Bleach comment is an example, not what I truly think nor what I assumed people think. It's just something that we can't tell unless asking everyone.

I do like what you say though.

Oh lol sorry I misread your post. I just saw bleach is better than Naruto and was like WHAT.  Thanks 

43iduct.jpg

#25 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:11 AM

Oh lol sorry I misread your post. I just saw bleach is better than Naruto and was like WHAT.  Thanks 

Lol no problem. I should have said something else.

#26 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:02 PM

Exactly you don't know One Piece so don't Judge it, it's not overrated at all, One Piece is awesome...

If someone tells One Piece is the best manga EVER and Oda is the GREATEST manga writer EVER, then that person Is overrating both the manga and its creator.

This is not a matter of opinion like it would be if someone merely told "This is my favorite manga ever!". When you use the sentence "This Is the best ever!" it sounds like you are implying that is an objective fact. And something being the best ever it is far from subjective.

For example, I have heard Dragon Ball fanboys telling it is THE BEST MANGA EVER and Toriyama THE BEST WRITER EVER. I have watched DB since I was eleven, and I question like something with so many flaws can be THE BEST EVER.

And if someone tells me Oda is the greatest, honestly I question how many mangas has that person read. There are many manga writers better than Oda (and I suspect he would agree with me), with a best grasp of plot, world building and character development. Osamu Tezuka, Kazuo Koike, Tsukasa Hojo, Takehiko Inoue...

Geez, I would never call plenty of my favorite mangas THE BEST EVER because they have many flaws and there are many mangas with better plot, art and characters. There is passion and there is entusiasm and fanboyism clouding your objectivity.

On the other hand, it being overrated is a personal matter. If someone watches OP and decides it is not so great like their fans tell, thatn it will be overrated to that person.

This is not to tell OP is bad... but if someone does not like or think it is awesome it is his/her opinion. Notice like Kster95 told "it seems", so he is not judging it. Geez...

Anyway, the sales drop seems generalized, and I suspect it is due to the manga industry facing many troubles (such like Japanese population aging, manga writers mainly pandering otaku...). However, those mangas have been going for more than one decade, and sometimes the quality has gone down, so that is, undoubtably, a factor.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#27 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

If someone tells One Piece is the best manga EVER and Oda is the GREATEST manga writer EVER, then that person Is overrating both the manga and its creator.

This is not a matter of opinion like it would be if someone merely told "This is my favorite manga ever!". When you use the sentence "This Is the best ever!" it sounds like you are implying that is an objective fact. And something being the best ever it is far from subjective.

For example, I have heard Dragon Ball fanboys telling it is THE BEST MANGA EVER and Toriyama THE BEST WRITER EVER. I have watched DB since I was eleven, and I question like something with so many flaws can be THE BEST EVER.

And if someone tells me Oda is the greatest, honestly I question how many mangas has that person read. There are many manga writers better than Oda (and I suspect he would agree with me), with a best grasp of plot, world building and character development. Osamu Tezuka, Kazuo Koike, Tsukasa Hojo, Takehiko Inoue...

Geez, I would never call plenty of my favorite mangas THE BEST EVER because they have many flaws and there are many mangas with better plot, art and characters. There is passion and there is entusiasm and fanboyism clouding your objectivity.

On the other hand, it being overrated is a personal matter. If someone watches OP and decides it is not so great like their fans tell, thatn it will be overrated to that person.

This is not to tell OP is bad... but if someone does not like or think it is awesome it is his/her opinion. Notice like Kster95 told "it seems", so he is not judging it. Geez...

Anyway, the sales drop seems generalized, and I suspect it is due to the manga industry facing many troubles (such like Japanese population aging, manga writers mainly pandering otaku...). However, those mangas have been going for more than one decade, and sometimes the quality has gone down, so that is, undoubtably, a factor.

The fact that a lot of OP fans refer to Oda as "Goda" is pretty telling itself. 

Edited by luffyq1, 29 March 2014 - 08:24 PM.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#28 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

The fact that a lot of OP fans refer to Oda as "Goda" is pretty telling itself.

I always hated that name they gave him, for I see it as a form of arrogance

#29 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:01 AM

Notice like Kster95 told "it seems", so he is not judging it. Geez...

Wut? At the end of the day, the point of his sentence is still that he thinks OP is overrated. That fact still stands no matter how he words it. It was crystal clear and pointed out by harry4e who you quoted. Lets say you meet a guy and after a conversation you say "he seems like a nice guy." Are you not judging him to be a nice guy because "it seems"? What else could it be?

I do agree with the rest of your post though.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#30 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:29 AM

Wut? At the end of the day, the point of his sentence is still that he thinks OP is overrated. That fact still stands no matter how he words it. It was crystal clear and pointed out by harry4e who you quoted. Lets say you meet a guy and after a conversation you say "he seems like a nice guy." Are you not judging him to be a nice guy because "it seems"? What else could it be?

Maybe it is how I read it, but...

Kster95: "I have not read it but it seems overrated to me"

Harry4e: "If you have not read it, not judge it"

Since Kster95 told "it seems to me", it implied he was stating his provisional opinion rather judging the actual quality of the work. Or at least I got that impression when I read it. Obviously, I may be wrong.

In case of someone is wondering my opinion about One Piece (What? Nobody is wondering? Oh. Bummer)... I have watched a handful of episodes. I consider that is not enough to give an informed opinion about such a long series, even more if my limited OP experience comes from the anime rather from the original source. Basing on what little I have watched, it seems good, but not great. Anyway it aims to be a funny, light-hearted adventure series, and since I often preffer my entertainment being entertaining rather depressing (after the last two decades I have got fed up with deconstructions), I appreciate that.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#31 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:12 PM

I feel for some it may be that they just don't have the money I mean I just lost my job so I can't by to VOL right now and it could be the same with many others as well, but its just hard to tell why many stop buying it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users