#1901 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts
  • Interests:This should be obvious...

Posted 12 January 2005 - 06:23 AM

exactly, most of the people there were intellegent and open to all ideas. very little bashing...

#1902 blessed_devil

blessed_devil

...Advanced Member?

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Making fanfics, reading fanfics, watching TV especially Naruto, eating, sleeping, playing...

Posted 12 January 2005 - 12:24 PM

Really? I would?ve loved it there. I?m still searching for a site with few bashing. There was one I found with few members, but the first topics I saw were, ?Which Naruto character should die?? and ?Who is your least favorite character??

Now, I went to see if this was safe discussion and had intelligent posts, but I was wrong. Time to go look for another one.
Nothing is more reassuring than Kakashi saying "They'll be alright. Pakkun is with them."

#1903 HinataFanBoy

HinataFanBoy

THE HinataFanBoy

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 02:10 PM

in other news...we're almost up to page 100 YAY!
I worked on the railroad
For t'pence a day
Drank down one penny
The other I'd save
I hammered and I hammered
For God knows how long
Well into madness, with each setting sun
I put my head down and I dreamt you were here
With me by the ol' tree, where no one could care

Far Away Boys, Far Away Boys
Away from ya now
I'm lyin' with my sweetheart
In her arms I'll be found

Then the sun belched upon me
You were no longer here
Lyin' in your place was my hammer and my gear
We came to a mountain
Dynamite and she'll blow
A big hole in that rock
Like the one in my soul

With the heat I was melting
Into your sweet lips
Ah, your kiss takes me back
Takes me back from all this

Far Away Boys, Far Away Boys
Away from ya now
I'm lyin' with my sweetheart
In her arms I'll be found

#1904 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 12 January 2005 - 03:12 PM

NarutoTalk was indeed good. happy.gif There was very little bashing there. I was quite a regular there. I was regular at NarutoForums, but I think I'm going off that forum since there are so many bashing threads being posted. happy.gif; I don't hate any characters, only overzealous fanboys/girls. tongue.gif That's also why I'm just not debating these days - there are still some interesting people to talk with from the other camps, but it's become increasingly hard to have a good debate in NF without the fanboys dragging it down to personal insulting.

I prefer to take part in the threads that concentrate on the "higher brow" stuff, such as theories on Naruto's family etc. and also the predictions threads. Battle threads are out of the question.

Hehe, I just need the manga to come back so we can get posting lots of threads on new content here! I really cannot wait to get my teeth into any possible changes/revelations.

I do agree with Blessed and Keira. happy.gif There is far too much buildup between Naruto and Sakura for it to go to waste, while we have had little between Sasuke/Sakura and Naruto/Hinata - both purely one-sided in love so far.

As I've said before, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a little change in relationships in Part 2. I'm betting on still growing Saku->Naru with Naruto still loving her but thinking he can never win her heart.

I'm working on a second NaruSaku story - one where Naruto actually drags Sasuke back. He then leaves to wander with Jiraiya, thinking that everyone is happy. Some time later, he returns to the village, and is surprised to find things haven't gone the way he thought they would...

"Er... do you know where I can find Uchiha Sakura?"

"... Uchiha Sakura? I'm sorry, but we have no-one by that name."

"Uchiha Sasuke's wife?"

*laughs* "I'm sorry, Uchiha-san is not married. He's also the only Uchiha here in the village."

*blinks* "Wha... er... Haruno Sakura?"

"Oh, of course! Sakura-san's in the hospital doing her duties. I'll have someone take you to her. Wow, I'm sorry to sound disrespectful, Naruto-sama, but how did you get the idea that Sakura-san would be married to Uchiha-san?"

Heh, I wish "Rurouni Naruto" would get updated. Ah well... Maybe this fic can be my version of it. tongue.gif

#1905 Shinyu

Shinyu

Anime Babe Lovah

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Interests:What do you think?

Posted 13 January 2005 - 06:12 PM

Man, i love IRC, i missed the latestt 3 eps of bleach so i dled them all from Lunar's channel, only took 1 hour for em all happy.gif

#1906 sharingank

sharingank

Inner Kyuubi

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:Uh...stuff. I like Naruto. Wow. What a surprise. Gaara, Kakashi, Neji, and Kankuro are the boys.

Posted 16 January 2005 - 04:11 PM

OO that sounds awesome, Smiter!! I can't wait to read it! Geez...I really need to get my arse in gear and write more...I have so many ideas, but they haven't been able to go ANYWHERE because I've been so busy with school! >< Expect an update on Words on a Page soon, though. XD And perhaps some Gaara/Saku...XD XD XD And Ed/Winry. Not Naruto related, but ya know. I'm obsessed. XDDDDDDDDDDDD

#1907 Shinyu

Shinyu

Anime Babe Lovah

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 03:23 PM

I love Words on a Page hurry up witrh the Ed/Winry too!

#1908 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 18 January 2005 - 12:36 PM

EDIT: Just noticed at the bottom of the main page. wink.gif

HAPPY 16th BIRTHDAY, SHADOW!
biggrin.gif

Sounds good, Ash! biggrin.gif

I've FINALLY figured out what I'm writing now. tongue.gif

Two fics - both NaruSaku and MULTICHAPTER.

"Rokudaime"

After the success of the second Sasuke retrievial mission, Naruto leaves to train and wander more with Jiraiya as a Sennin. Three years later, he is summoned back to the village.

Once he arrives, Naruto makes many startling discoveries about his friends, his true past, his destiny... and love.

This will have more than just romance. It's going to have a lot of in-depth stuff on the characters - even Sasuke! Can Naruto find his place in life, that he lost somewhere in his total of six years away from the village and his friends?

"Flatmates"

WARNING: This will be a mature novel, and will not be posted on FF.net

"Never, ever, date your flatmate."

Naruto outgrew his tiny apartment, and Sakura is desperate to move out of her family home. Neither Chuunin can afford to live on their own, so they hit on the idea of moving in... together!

They thought they could cope with living with each other. Hell, they were sure that the other didn't have feelings towards them and there was no chance in hell of something blossoming between them... right?

Needless to say, things get complicated.

They trusted each other. But not themselves.

#1909 Shinyu

Shinyu

Anime Babe Lovah

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 06:35 PM

Rokudaime seems really interseting and Flatmates sounds hilarious cant wait for either. and HAPPY BDAY SHADOW SAN!

#1910 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 03:45 AM

YAY!!!!! *dances* More stuff by Smiter! ^^
I can't wait to see the fruits of your labor!

#1911 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 12:57 PM

I'm getting restless...

Naruto Part 2 next week!! >_<

There's no anime next week (Prince of Tennis 1hr special), but at least we WILL have what we've been waiting for - the return of Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke and company!

We may have predicted the timeskip to death, but I'll put up a new thread in the manga - "Chapter 245 Predictions". At least it'll be fun to try to guess what happens without ANY real clues. wink.gif

Thanks Shinyu and Sori. happy.gif The two stories are going to be quite different - so nobody gets confused between them (hopefully). "Rokudaime" is going to be pretty heavy stuff, so it will take a while to finish. In comparison, "Flatmates" is going to have plenty of funny (I hope) moments and good old UST. biggrin.gif

Geez... you have no idea how many times I changed the original rainy day oneshot before it finally became "Rokudaime". tongue.gif

#1912 Shinyu

Shinyu

Anime Babe Lovah

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 03:30 PM

Have ufn writing tohse biggrin.gif

#1913 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 04:46 PM

I'm at school. and it sucks... *looks out window*

O.O WTF? It's snowing!

#1914 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 04:55 PM

Yoko-chan! You lucky freak!! it never snows over here! Cut school and enjoy it! tongue.gif (jk jk >.<)

No anime!... don't we alwasy get jipped for PoT hour long specials...?

#1915 Shinyu

Shinyu

Anime Babe Lovah

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 06:58 PM

Yea, but its only fair, weve had a few 2 eppers too. And on another note OMFG, BECK OST RULES. I couldn't listen to that for HOURS

#1916 alphabet

alphabet

dumpling-buns

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 23 January 2005 - 01:18 AM

WA HA HA HA! Go type 'rukia ichigo lemon' under MSN search engine, and H&E forums is NINTH on the list! God knows how that happened.

But if anyone has any Bleach lemons, please PLEASE tell me where they are. I'm DYING here. *dies*
Posted Image

#1917 Shinyu

Shinyu

Anime Babe Lovah

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE (alphabet @ Jan 23 2005, 01:18 AM)
WA HA HA HA!  Go type 'rukia ichigo lemon' under MSN search engine, and H&E forums is NINTH on the list!  God knows how that happened.

But if anyone has any Bleach lemons, please PLEASE tell me where they are.  I'm DYING here.  *dies*

I'm dying with you, and it's a slow and painful death ><

#1918 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 06:49 PM

We'll have to kidnap some writer, tie them to a spindley chair with duck tape and force them to write or be beaten sadistically. >8D

#1919 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 07:05 PM

XD

9th on a search for lemon fanfics...

I tried your words on Google. We were nowhere. Aw. sad.gif (And when I tried "Bleach lemon" I just got a list of supermarket sites, lol)

This week is when Naruto Part 2 should appear! I really cannot wait. I'm really hoping that Shonen Jump deliver to their subscribers early again. If we don't have any Naruto/Sakura scenes in the upcoming issue (namely the goodbye and/or reunion), I'll cry. Bitterly.

Oh, does anyone here know anything about transferring video/audio/subtitles from a MKV file to an AVI (so that my soon-to-arrive DVD player can play it)? The details are in the spoiler, to save uninterested members the trouble of reading them. wink.gif

Click For Spoiler

I tried porting Ghost in the Shell: Innocence from MKV to AVI. I got a perfect copy of the audio and video, but I'm having trouble with the subtitles - the extra formatting tabs used in MKV keep showing up as plain text in the AVI.

e.g: "Look out!" in the original would look like:
"0,default,0000,0000,Look out!"

I could edit it line by line, but that will take a long time and I would rather not have to resort to that. >_<

If anyone knows about any good tools for converting subtitles, please let me know and you'll have my gratitude!

Gah... if only subbers could stick to AVI. MKV is nice, but not even DivX DVD players will play that! When watching movies, I prefer to get away from the PC.

Oh, and a thought of the moment. Researching material for a lemon fanfic is so fun. XD

#1920 Geno Calamari

Geno Calamari

Doomsayer/Bartender

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Interests:Naruto. Temari. Neji. Yondaime. Itachi. Kiba. Tenten.<br />Spreading my Kishimoto-hate.

Posted 23 January 2005 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Jan 23 2005, 03:05 PM)
Oh, and a thought of the moment.  Researching material for a lemon fanfic is so fun. XD

Yes, 'researching'... ::snickers:: I've always loved researching for lemon fanfics. It's... stimulating.
I am not the person to talk to if you like Shikamaru. I am not the author to read if you want to see more Shikamaru. End of Story.

I have fanart... kind of... so there, punks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users