Close
Photo

Sakura; Naruto's Girlfriend

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
120 replies to this topic

Poll: you think he's joking? (132 member(s) have cast votes)

vote here

1. Naahhh, naruto was just joking, he just said it to make his dad laugh! (6 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

2. Yes, I think naruto was serious (126 votes [95.45%])

Percentage of vote: 95.45%

Vote

#101 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

That sounds rather convoluted. I don't think Kishi was aiming for the readers to have such a long chain of thought when he showed the chapter.

What I got from it is that Naruto is aware that his relationship with Sakura is beyond friendship, but since things haven't been cleared up between them he can't answer with a simple "yes" so that's why he adds the "something like that".

Remember that when Minato asked the question Naruto actually took some seconds to think about it and then answered with a straight face. That's not how you draw a person that talks in a joking manner.

I also think Sakura is aware that her relationship with Naruto is already beyond simple friendship, but since they haven't solved their issues she'd rather Naruto not bring up the subject to other people and that's why she got mad at him and told him to not talk. Remember that Sakura at no point denied Naruto's answer.

Sakura figuring out things by herself, dude i really dont know.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#102 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:56 AM

We are just going have to wait and see as the story is coming to close soon. 

[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#103 Yami_no_Princess

Yami_no_Princess

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

I don't get why this is such an issue for people. I seriously don't get how anyone could even begin to fathom that he's joking with the way it's drawn/presented. When Naruto says he'll never joke around with Sakura anymore, he's not referring to any specific interaction between him and Sakura. His comment does not in any way "confirm" that he was joking because he's speaking in general terms. If he was thinking back to the girlfriend moment, there would have been a flashback of it behind him as he was thinking that. 

#104 Shashank95

Shashank95

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, writing and reading. Love playing sports, especially Basketball, futbol and Table Tennis.

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:17 PM

It doesn't matter if he was joking on the girlfriend matter or not. The most important thing we need to see is the fact that claims of Naruhina fans that Naruto has moved on has literally been shattered to pieces. He still has feelings for Sakura and he isn't afraid to admit it. Also sakura needs to figure out her own feelings. I believe that was the reason for the interruption. That's a major part of her character cause it revolves around the two most important people to her. And next is the paralell, oh how long have we Narusaku fans were saying this. Now Kushina's husband himself confirmed the paralell. But aside from Sakura's tsundere side coming out, things were pretty much serious. If he was joking, Naruto would be the biggest hypocrite cause he would be going against his own word.

tumblr_inline_okp5x4EZXE1u7313d_540.png

#105 jlyn97

jlyn97

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:19 AM

I don't think they're an item YET. Sakura haven't really accepted Naruto to be her boyfriend, from what I see Naruto's just telling his dad that he likes her in my opinion. 

tumblr_inline_n6nvt5Z2NK1sbw4j9.gif

"Thank you" 

:love:

Naruto // Sakura 

#106 Superman333

Superman333

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:getting the girl of my dreams to be mine(she is the Sakura-Chan of my life) ,Sonic the Hedgehog, making it to the NBA and being a better Point Guard than Rajon Rondo and then when I retire be a mangaka .

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:47 PM

I don't think they're an item YET. Sakura haven't really accepted Naruto to be her boyfriend, from what I see Naruto's just telling his dad that he likes her in my opinion.

*loves*
Posted Image

#107 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:52 PM

Naruto's not much of a joker anyway. His sense of humour is..at least not the ironic type. :shrug: He's more of a perv, and sometimes he makes funny faces.

Edited by sushi., 01 January 2014 - 11:59 PM.

ナルサク

#108 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:32 PM

Naruto's not much of a joker anyway. His sense of humour is..at least not the ironic type. :shrug: He's more of a perv, and sometimes he makes funny faces.

He used to be a joker, then Mizuki tried to kill him and he stopped joking around after that.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#109 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:08 PM

He used to be a joker, then Mizuki tried to kill him and he stopped joking around after that.

Not a joker, a prankster.

ナルサク

#110 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:53 PM

How could a question like that be a joke?

#111 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

How could a question like that be a joke?

its the nh fans so its to be expected

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#112 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:12 PM

They will make anything up and use that as an excuse to show that they think they will win.

#113 dylanrivers10000

dylanrivers10000

Blow this up like pyromania-def leppard

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Location:on the moon shadow and i blew up the earth, now along side the ENTIRE CALL OF DUTY FRANCHISE, and the A-TEAM
  • Interests:proving people that being stereotypical about me and bashing me is impolite, and is just rude!!!

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:23 AM

of course he isnt joking

Neil-Young-Rockin-In-The-Fre-101219.jpg

#114 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:44 AM

of course he isnt joking

That just shows he still loves Sakura and how Minato had a picture of how Sakura reminded him of Kushina

#115 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:29 AM

Why would Naruto lie about Sakura being his girlfriend? XD

#116 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:18 PM

Why would Naruto lie about Sakura being his girlfriend? XD

In the anime it looked like a joke but in the manga it looked more serious.

#117 nikki1314

nikki1314

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU , FANFICS , NARUSAK.. oh ive said that.. MUSIC , Photography and NARUSAKU!

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:25 PM

The Reason why others think of it as a "JOKE" == "Damage Control" From NH/SS.

-Naruto ending gets released- 

Kishi: Honey, I’m home! 

His wife:

tumblr_inline_nw89a6rhAY1smwzjq_500.gif

#118 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:28 PM

More than friend, less than lover.
It's complicated.

#119 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:58 PM

Well right now their having Sasuke issues

#120 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:13 PM

Exactly what Rocci said. I'd say Naruto was somewhere in between. He wasn't joking, but he wasn't completely serious, either, because at that point, he and Sakura certainly weren't official. This is how I imagine it going down in his brain.

Minato: Is this your girlfriend?
Naruto: Uhh... (inside his mind, thoughts going by very quickly: "Well, I'm in love with her and I'm not really sure where she stands in her feelings for me. She's the girl I'm closest to in the world. We have a special relationship and are more than comrades...") Yeah! ("But then again, we aren't really together, so...") That's more or less it!

It was kind of a quick response without too much concrete thought, just spur of the moment response/reaction.

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users