57 replies to this topic

#21 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

I Know it happened in Love Hina, Toradora and Full Metal Panic (although I really haven't seen that one), but why do you bring up the others?

In Evangelion the ending was... weird, so love interests don't really matter.

When you say Index saga are you referring to To aru Index? Because as much as I like Mikoto it doesn't seem Touma is even aware that he has girls that like him. Although I hope that might change in the end.

And with Anohana, from what I remember the main character was still in love with the dead girl in the end, although in the end scenes it does seem that his relationship with the tsundere improved plenty, but they didn't begin a romance. I guess it was left like that so the audience could speculate about it.

Alright, I suppose I worded my post poorly. While it's true that in some of these series these girls didn't end up with the protagonist, they still had an preference. Evangelion ending was an cluster f***, that's true, but while it lasted Shinji aways seemed to give an preference to Asuka. While Touma is as dense as it gets, the series seems to put more focus on Misaka then the other girls when it comes to her feelings for Touma, so there is that. And in Anohana, I judge more by the ending, as Jintan seems to starts to give Anaru an chance (I was hoping the movie would clarify that, but it seems it will be just an side story). In the end, my point is that female characters like Sakura often seem to gain the favour of the author.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#22 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

Yeah. It's funny because I was going to memory/nostalgic trip lane since the new game came out. So I decided to look back and I learned from many that there were missing slap scenes from Misty. I wonder because at the time, it would look "abusive". If you recall the show, somehow it has less censored than 4kids One Piece. I mean how the hell that was possible. Guns were shown a lot in Pokemon, actual color and all, yet in One Piece, they're toys. Oddest logic thus far.

So this begs the question, is it true that if USA sees the slaps early on, they would have cause an uproar within media?

OK that's weird. what was the reaction to the violence of the Classic Tom & Jerry and Lonney Toons cartoons, cause if they were bad it might of been like that.

#23 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

I think it boils down to kishi's obsession towards sasuke and his redemption I have to admit even im upset about this. In the recent chapters naruto even placed sasuke over shikamaru and it did get me upset. As for sakura yes it did frustrate me that she still clings on to sasuke when it clearly bring her down as a character. I know she didn't have enough time to think about her feelings for naruto and sasuke maybe thats why she can't make clear decision yet? Also if it becomes the only plot point for sakuras to be involved in i 'll be pretty disappointed because sakura should be more than just romance plot device. No wonder why sakura is very hated in the west and people don't consider her to be a herione.

As anime studio i think if they try to put sakura in a better light on her good treats of her character then maybe we ns/sakura fans don't have to struggle to have decent episodes of her. As for haters they will always try find ways to hate her. However for kishi maybe he will feel more energized to write sakura into a more better character he may not watch the anime, maybe hearing about the positiveness of the herione he wants might make him happy. "sigh" :sad:  

Also kishi might not forgetful of sakura and he wouldn't have to burden the very character he made. I know sakura's fictional, but as a fictional character she does make me sad that she gets way too much hate then any other characters i,ve seen. As a fan of her i just don't want to be depressed while seeing other sakura fan defending her every day. Not to mention they can't even mention they like naruto with the name hinata constantly being solved into there face. Its a real struggle being a NS/sakura fan.

Very true!! :smooch: which is why we have to think things critically and not behave like those "other fans" that hate just for the sake of hating and justify the hate without thinking things through.

Edited by Phantom_999, 05 November 2013 - 04:26 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#24 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

Alright, I suppose I worded my post poorly. While it's true that in some of these series these girls didn't end up with the protagonist, they still had an preference. Evangelion ending was an cluster f***, that's true, but while it lasted Shinji aways seemed to give an preference to Asuka. While Touma is as dense as it gets, the series seems to put more focus on Misaka then the other girls when it comes to her feelings for Touma, so there is that. And in Anohana, I judge more by the ending, as Jintan seems to starts to give Anaru an chance (I was hoping the movie would clarify that, but it seems it will be just an side story). In the end, my point is that female characters like Sakura often seem to gain the favour of the author.

When you put it like that then you're right. Tsunderes tend to have the preference by the author and by the audience as well, at least in Japan. It's probably because they offer the most dynamic when it comes to interacting with the main character, which makes them the most interesting and entertaining to watch.

In To Aru Index, Mikoto does seem to have the most long standing development when it comes to her relationship with Touma when compared to the other girls, even Index. Mikoto is the only girl to have an explicit scene (Volume 16) for her to realize she not only likes Touma but it's in fact truly in love with him. They also have plenty of teasing scenes (like those "dates" they've had), and most of the time Mikoto is focused on her desire to assist Touma despite his tendency of not wanting to ask for help from anyone.

Do you know what happened in the Anohana movie? I hear that most of the movie would be a retelling of the series but that there would be a small epilogue by the end that would focus on their lives after the dead girl went to heaven. So nothing happens in the epilogue either when it comes to Jintan and Anaru?

Edited by redragon88, 05 November 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#25 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

OK that's weird. what was the reaction to the violence of the Classic Tom & Jerry and Lonney Toons cartoons, cause if they were bad it might of been like that.

I wish I knew but it's no doubt 90s violence was toned down a lot for cartoon and pretty much got to rely on anime to provide for violent entertainment. I don't know why but that's the case. I mean now it's increasing but still.

#26 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:42 PM

I wish I knew but it's no doubt 90s violence was toned down a lot for cartoon and pretty much got to rely on anime to provide for violent entertainment. I don't know why but that's the case. I mean now it's increasing but still.

Wasn't the 90s when the Batman the animated series came out and had guns nearly all the time.

#27 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

Wasn't the 90s when the Batman the animated series came out and had guns nearly all the time.

Yeah, because that show was awesome.

#28 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

Yeah, because that show was awesome.

Did it get any complaints from anyone.

#29 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

Did it get any complaints from anyone.

I don't have any knowledge for that one, sorry.

#30 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

I shudder to imagine Sakura getting all of that filler material. Good lord. I'd imagine the difference for anime-viewers would be large. As long as Sakura didn't hit Naruto in most of said new fillers.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#31 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

I think it boils down to kishi's obsession towards sasuke and his redemption I have to admit even im upset about this. In the recent chapters naruto even placed sasuke over shikamaru and it did get me upset. As for sakura yes it did frustrate me that she still clings on to sasuke when it clearly bring her down as a character. I know she didn't have enough time to think about her feelings for naruto and sasuke maybe thats why she can't make clear decision yet? Also if it becomes the only plot point for sakuras to be involved in i 'll be pretty disappointed because sakura should be more than just romance plot device. No wonder why sakura is very hated in the west and people don't consider her to be a herione.

As anime studio i think if they try to put sakura in a better light on her good treats of her character then maybe we ns/sakura fans don't have to struggle to have decent episodes of her. As for haters they will always try find ways to hate her. However for kishi maybe he will feel more energized to write sakura into a more better character he may not watch the anime, maybe hearing about the positiveness of the herione he wants might make him happy. "sigh" :sad:  

Also kishi might not forgetful of sakura and he wouldn't have to burden the very character he made. I know sakura's fictional, but as a fictional character she does make me sad that she gets way too much hate then any other characters i,ve seen. As a fan of her i just don't want to be depressed while seeing other sakura fan defending her every day. Not to mention they can't even mention they like naruto with the name hinata constantly being solved into there face. Its a real struggle being a NS/sakura fan. 

I'm not quite sure what you are talking about with Naruto putting Sasuke above Shikamaru, could you elaborate?

In my perspective, I don't think Sakura is still clinging to Sasuke, I think she just hasn't had a chance to come to terms with her feelings with all that's gone on, and of course any reveal is being held back from the audience for the sake of suspense, (though there have been very strong hints that she is aware of the change in her feelings towards Sasuke, and they are not positive) and I can understand being frustrated with that. I also don't see her as a 'romance plot device', not trying to bash or anything, but that description is more suited to Hinata.

When it comes to the anime however, I'm very much at odds with their portrayal of her, there are times where she's treated well, but others where I feel that she is not shown in a way that is true to character, like making her out to be far more aggressive than she is. It gets a bit annoying to be honest.

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 05 November 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#32 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:04 AM

I do have question this even farther though. Why does it seem like only Naruto gets this kind of attention? Wha I mean is, there are several harems, anime, and manga that have a similar set up as Naruto's in terms of this love triangle with a Tsundere and a Shy girl, but I haven;t seen as big of reation out of fans that Sakura and Hinata have generated. I have been around the block a few times and while I am sure there have been pairing wars, Naruto's pairing wars have been the biggest I have ever seen and quite possibly the most violent.

Why is that?

The Haruhi Suzumiya series has a similar love traingle, but I have never seen people post so much hate on why they see Haruhi as the devil and Mikuru is the proud goddess. In fact, many praise Haruhi and follow her as a religion rather than crucifiying her like the way Sakura gets treated. I don't see much when it comes to people make websites or thousandas of forum topics/twitter/tumblr posts on why Mikuru is treated poorly by the main character or how great she is and how much of a goddess she is and how Haruhi is just "an abusive girl who likes to treat men like her play things" or something.

How about Love Hina? Again, here we have a love quadra with like three of the girls in love with Keitaro. I don't see people bashing Narusegawa into the ground despite being worse and even more abusive that Sakura could ever be. We don't see such things like praising Shinobu like she is this huge assest to the story and how Keitaro is an abusive man for not returning her feelings. We also have Mokoto who is even more of a man hater at times than Naru is and again I don't see people slandering her or saying that she is deserves to die because she is the radical feminist.

I could keep going with huge example that mirror if not exactly like Naruto's set-up yet many seem to over look them or not care about it as much as they do this NS vs NH vs SS war. Yeah I am pretty sure there are a few websites like this, but what I mean is is how vocal some of these sites are. Even when these manga were still being produced I didn't see any website like that or the amount of crap I see spewed.

I don't get why Naruto is so special in this area and why some are so adament to prove that their pairing choice is legit. Hell, i can't even mention NaruHina or NaruSaku without someone having a fit on me or neging my videos. Even opinions are seen as the work of the devil to some. I don't get it.

So is it really the anime that's doing or was this already happening with the anime just making it worse. Although I believe that people that use the anime in their discussion is like firing blanks out of their gun. Helps when you use real ammunition.

I don't think so, because to me, her popularity comes from her personnality. If Sakura had to have all Hinata's fillers, she should switch personnality with her, she should be shy, secretly in love with Naruto and nervous around him. Those are the reasons why Westerns fans love Hinata, not because of the context of the fillers, but because of her attitude in these fillers. So even if Sakura was Hinata in these episodes, she wouldn't act the same and she would still gain hate from the fandom. 

All is matter of personnality. People praise Hinata because she's "sweet and shy with Naruto", while Sakura is "the evil and mean girl who spends her time hitting Naruto".  

So yeah, even if Sakura would get these fillers episode, she would still be hatedd, because Westerns fans don't understand what a tsundere is.

It is interesting you bring these up because then why is tsundere like Haruhi popular in the west, yet Mikuru, who is shy, isn't? Mikuru is practically Hinata in a nutshell yet her fanbase is not as big nor as adament. What about all the other tsundere girls who are far more violent and yet far more popular than Sakura is?

Why is Naruto so different when it comes to this? Even in Western fans. Is it really just because of Sakura's personality? And if that is true, why aren't all tsundere characters hated? Why are some even praised?

I don't get it.

I think, if I may, I think the real difference is the subserviant nature of Hinata. Hinata says she is willing to do anything for Naruto to get what she wants. It's not the shyness or the sweetness because why don't they notice when Sakura is sweet? They are mostly looking at the fact that she is a moe character who is so willing to just bend over and accept anything the main character does. I bet she is even willing to kill herself for Naruto if she asked and maybe that is why people like her.

The fact that Hinata is just unquestionably loyal and never ever argues with Naruto is probably why she is popular. Hinata just accepts things as they are when it comes to Naruto and thinks nothing else matters.

This is basically Hinata's attitude.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 06 November 2013 - 06:16 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#33 narusakuforlife1667

narusakuforlife1667

Kaneki Ken did nothing wrong!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Interests:-My bae Blake is my interest if you know what I mean
    -NaruSaku are my babies they deserve to be together and have many children together because they deserve it
    -EreMika *.*/
    -Madoka Magica will forever be my top 10 anime

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:07 AM

I do have question this even farther though. Why does it seem like only Naruto gets this kind of attention? Wha I mean is, there are several harems, anime, and manga that have a similar set up as Naruto's in terms of this love triangle with a Tsundere and a Shy girl, but I haven;t seen as big of reation out of fans that Sakura and Hinata have generated. I have been around the block a few times and while I am sure there have been pairing wars, Naruto's pairing wars have been the biggest I have ever seen and quite possibly the most violent.

Why is that?

The Haruhi Suzumiya series has a similar love traingle, but I have never seen people post so much hate on why they see Haruhi as the devil and Mikuru is the proud goddess. In fact, many praise Haruhi and follow her as a religion rather than crucifiying her like the way Sakura gets treated. I don't see much when it comes to people make websites or thousandas of forum topics/twitter/tumblr posts on why Mikuru is treated poorly by the main character or how great she is and how much of a goddess she is and how Haruhi is just "an abusive girl who likes to treat men like her play things" or something.

How about Love Hina? Again, here we have a love quadra with like three of the girls in love with Keitaro. I don't see people bashing Narusegawa into the ground despite being worse and even more abusive that Sakura could ever be. We don't see such things like praising Shinobu like she is this huge assest to the story and how Keitaro is an abusive man for not returning her feelings. We also have Mokoto who is even more of a man hater at times than Naru is and again I don't see people slandering her or saying that she is deserves to die because she is the radical feminist.

I could keep going with huge example that mirror if not exactly like Naruto's set-up yet many seem to over look them or not care about it as much as they do this NS vs NH vs SS war. Yeah I am pretty sure there are a few websites like this, but what I mean is is how vocal some of these sites are. Even when these manga were still being produced I didn't see any website like that or the amount of crap I see spewed.

I don't get why Naruto is so special in this area and why some are so adament to prove that their pairing choice is legit. Hell, i can't even mention NaruHina or NaruSaku without someone having a fit on me or neging my videos. Even opinions are seen as the work of the devil to some. I don't get it.

So is it really the anime that's doing or was this already happening with the anime just making it worse. Although I believe that people that use the anime in their discussion is like firing blanks out of their gun. Helps when you use real ammunition.

It is interesting you bring these up because then why is tsundere like Haruhi popular in the west, yet Mikuru, who is shy, isn't? Mikuru is practically Hinata in a nutshell yet her fanbase is not as big nor as adament. What about all the other tsundere girls who are far more violent and yet far more popular than Sakura is?

Why is Naruto so different when it comes to this? Even in Western fans. Is it really just because of Sakura's personality? And if that is true, why aren't all tsundere characters hated? Why are some even praised?

I don't get it.

I think, if I may, I think the real difference is the subserviant nature of Hinata. Hinata says she is willing to do anything for Naruto to get what she wants. It's not the shyness or the sweetness because why don't they notice when Sakura is sweet? They are mostly looking at the fact that she is a moe character who is so willing to just bend over and accept anything the main character does. I bet she is even willing to kill herself for Naruto if she asked and maybe that is why people like her.

The fact that Hinata is just unquestionably loyal and never ever argues with Naruto is probably why she is popular. Hinata just accepts things as they are when it comes to Naruto and thinks nothing else matters.

That video describes Hinatas attitude this whole arc I think she should worry more about herself and her friends instead of just Naruto I don't like people with that  attitude she has :down:

not trying to be mean or bash :mellow:

http://glimmeringsky1890.tumblr.com

Also if you want visit my fanfiction account

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5372808

#34 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:06 PM

Why is that?

I don't get it.

Maybe because Naruto is more mainstream.

#35 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:19 PM

I don't get it.

I may be wrong, but it could be because most of the people who reads or watch Naruto began to read manga with Naruto. So they were kind of immature at the begining and they weren't accustomed to the tsundere type, so they began hating Sakura and this hate was spread and amplified on the internet. You have to admit that internet greatly helped in amplify the hating fandom. 

If you look closely you'll not that every tsundere that are hated in manga are from big shonen: Winry, Akane, Sakura, Naru... 

The hate on tsundere exists practically only in very famous manga, so I think it mostly comes from people who don't know so many manga. They only read the famous ones. 

You rarely see these conflits in great manga not very famous. On the contrary, generally, the sweet and shy girl annoying as hell is often hated. 

Edited by 咲耶姫, 06 November 2013 - 02:21 PM.

tumblr_nfrs3f8pa31qjba4uo2_400.gif

#36 Baiken

Baiken

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Just a college student interested in a few things such as Sakura Haruno, Game of Thrones, Art, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Harry Potter, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, Justin Timberlake, Parks and Rec.

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

If Sakura got all of Hinata's fillers, it'd probably make me end up disliking Kishimoto even more. I mean if we know more about a main character through filler instead of the actual manga, that's pretty bad. I'm still a little salty over the fact that Sakura's parents were introduced only recently, in a non-canon movie.  :hm:

#37 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

If Naruto wasn't mainstream, the war would be very lite right now.

#38 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

If Sakura got all of Hinata's fillers, it'd probably make me end up disliking Kishimoto even more. I mean if we know more about a main character through filler instead of the actual manga, that's pretty bad. I'm still a little salty over the fact that Sakura's parents were introduced only recently, in a non-canon movie.  :hm:

Well at least it was done by Mr Kishi

#39 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:00 PM

I may be wrong, but it could be because most of the people who reads or watch Naruto began to read manga with Naruto. So they were kind of immature at the begining and they weren't accustomed to the tsundere type, so they began hating Sakura and this hate was spread and amplified on the internet. You have to admit that internet greatly helped in amplify the hating fandom. 

If you look closely you'll not that every tsundere that are hated in manga are from big shonen: Winry, Akane, Sakura, Naru... 

The hate on tsundere exists practically only in very famous manga, so I think it mostly comes from people who don't know so many manga. They only read the famous ones. 

You rarely see these conflits in great manga not very famous. On the contrary, generally, the sweet and shy girl annoying as hell is often hated. 

Yeah, the internet helps spread hate like wildfire, but I digress, is it really because she is a tsundere? If it is, why aren't all tsundere hated though? I have heard so many reasons why Sakura is hated, but if we really want to think about it, there have been worse cases of tsunadere that are loved or even their precious Hinata also committed the same crimes.

"Sakura is hated cause she is tsundere"
Okay, then why aren't other tsundere hated?

"Sakura was obsessive over Sasuke"
And Hinata is obsessive to the point of stalker over Naruto, why isn't she hated for this?

"Sakura hits Naruto and is abusive"
Narusegawa hits Keitaro more times in one volume than Sakura has hit in the entire manga. Chidori hits Sousuke alot. Ayami is violenent towards Kazuma. Why aren't these two hated like Sakura is?

Really, as an avid anime/manga fan I am, I can think of so many examples. (I bet you can think of even more) Yet, Sakura is still the most hated. Really, it's not the tsundere or the violence or anything for that reason why they hate Sakura. These are just attributes they don't like about her. The real reason why they hate her...is because she interferes with NaruHina and they know this. Even if they deny it and say NS is never going to happen, they are afraid that their favorite pairing has a good chance of not happening. So they hate her for it all because they liked Big-boobed subservient Hinata and want her to be with the main character.

As for some say it is because Naruto is more mainstream....what about Dragonball?
Do you think Chi-Chi or Videl are hated too for their tsundere character types? I have never seen that hate group anywhere and in fact I hjave seen many love these two characters. Granted there are no "shy" characters in this manga/anime, but if the idea is they just hate tsundere...then what's stopping them from hating this?

This would be especially true for people who watched Dragonball when they were younger so they grew up with tsundere characters.

lol Sword Art Online is getting pretty mainstream recently and no such pairing war occurs at this point and Kirito has several girls in love with him ranging from Tsundere to Shy girls.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#40 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:02 PM

It depends what you mean really.

If Hinata's fillers were simply switched with Sakura..no thanks. If Sakura got as many fillers as Hinata, I might actually watch them as long as they're well written + in character.

Edited by sushi., 06 November 2013 - 08:17 PM.

ナルサク

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sakura, Hinata, Naruto Anime, Naruto Shippuden, Fillers, Studio Pierrot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users