Close
Photo

Naruto Villains Discusion

Naruto Naruto Villains Discusion Polls Sasuke Akatsuki Manga Opinion

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote Your the best and worst villains! (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Best/Favorite Naruto Villains?

1. Mizuki (2 votes [1.42%])

Percentage of vote: 1.42%

2. Zubuza (10 votes [7.09%])

Percentage of vote: 7.09%

3. Haku (8 votes [5.67%])

Percentage of vote: 5.67%

4. Gato (3 votes [2.13%])

Percentage of vote: 2.13%

5. Gaara (when Villain) (14 votes [9.93%])

Percentage of vote: 9.93%

6. Temari (when Villain) (1 votes [0.71%])

Percentage of vote: 0.71%

7. Kankuro (when Villain) (1 votes [0.71%])

8. Orochimaru (15 votes [10.64%])

Percentage of vote: 10.64%

9. Kabuto (2 votes [1.42%])

Percentage of vote: 1.42%

10. Dosu Kinuta (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

11. Kin Tsuchi (1 votes [0.71%])

12. Zaku Abumi (0 votes [0.00%])

13. Jirōbō (0 votes [0.00%])

14. Kidōmaru (0 votes [0.00%])

15. Tayuya (1 votes [0.71%])

16. Kimimaro (3 votes [2.13%])

17. Itachi Uchiha (When Villain) (11 votes [7.80%])

Percentage of vote: 7.80%

18. Kisame Hoshigaki (5 votes [3.55%])

Percentage of vote: 3.55%

19. Zetsu (Black, White or both) (1 votes [0.71%])

20. Deidara (7 votes [4.96%])

Percentage of vote: 4.96%

21. Sasori (9 votes [6.38%])

Percentage of vote: 6.38%

22. Hidan (7 votes [4.96%])

23. Kakuzu (3 votes [2.13%])

24. Pain/Nagato (When Villain) (16 votes [11.35%])

Percentage of vote: 11.35%

25. Konan (When Villian) (0 votes [0.00%])

26. Tobi/Obito (When Villain) (5 votes [3.55%])

Percentage of vote: 3.55%

27. Sasuke Uchiha (When Villain) (1 votes [0.71%])

28. Taka (Kairn, Suigestu & Jugo please state) (0 votes [0.00%])

29. Danzo (7 votes [4.96%])

30. Gold and Sliver Brothers Kinkaku and Ginkaku (0 votes [0.00%])

31. Madara Uchiha (8 votes [5.67%])

Percentage of vote: 5.67%

32. Tobi (Spiral Zetsu) (0 votes [0.00%])

33. Kaguya Otsutsuki (0 votes [0.00%])

34. Other (Please Sate be from the Manga, spin off or Filler etc) (0 votes [0.00%])

35. Sakon and Ukon (forgot to put this one next to the other sound 4) (0 votes [0.00%])

Worst/Hated Naruto Villains?

1. Mizuki (3 votes [2.73%])

Percentage of vote: 2.73%

2. Zubuza (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Haku (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Gato (2 votes [1.82%])

Percentage of vote: 1.82%

5. Gaara (when Villain) (1 votes [0.91%])

Percentage of vote: 0.91%

6. Temari (when Villain) (1 votes [0.91%])

7. Kankuro (when Villain) (1 votes [0.91%])

8. Orochimaru (2 votes [1.82%])

9. Kabuto (2 votes [1.82%])

10. Dosu Kinuta (2 votes [1.82%])

11. Kin Tsuchi (2 votes [1.82%])

12. Zaku Abumi (2 votes [1.82%])

13. Jirōbō (2 votes [1.82%])

14. Kidōmaru (2 votes [1.82%])

15. Tayuya (2 votes [1.82%])

16. Sakon and Ukon (2 votes [1.82%])

17. Kimimaro (0 votes [0.00%])

18. Itachi Uchiha (When Villain) (2 votes [1.82%])

19. Kisame Hoshigaki (0 votes [0.00%])

20. Zetsu (Black, White or both) (5 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

21. Deidara (1 votes [0.91%])

22. Sasori (0 votes [0.00%])

23. Hidan (0 votes [0.00%])

24. Kakuzu (1 votes [0.91%])

25. Pain/Nagato (When Villian) (1 votes [0.91%])

26. Konan (When Villian) (0 votes [0.00%])

27. Tobi/Obito (when Villain) (8 votes [7.27%])

Percentage of vote: 7.27%

28. Sasuke Uchiha (When Villain) (12 votes [10.91%])

Percentage of vote: 10.91%

29. Danzo (3 votes [2.73%])

30. Taka (Kairn, Suigestu & Jugo Please state) (3 votes [2.73%])

31. Gold and Sliver Brothers Kinkaku and Ginkaku (3 votes [2.73%])

32. Madara Uchiha (8 votes [7.27%])

Percentage of vote: 7.27%

33. Tobi (Spiral Zetsu) (10 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

34. Kaguya Otsutsuki (25 votes [22.73%])

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

35. Other (Please Sate be from the Manga, spin off or Filler etc) (2 votes [1.82%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:23 AM

Not sure if this thread already exits or not (if so a new thread for it). For an interesting discussion about Naruto I thought it be interesting for a topic discussing the Villains in Naruto; who you consider to be the best or favourite the series has offered or who you consider the worst or hate the most in the series. They can be for the following reasons: of cool designs, characteristics, abilities, impact on the story, their fights or any other reason etc.

For Example:

For me the best Is Pain/Nagato when he was a villain and Orochimaru. Pain because the Impact he had on Naruto with Jiraya's death, his speech about justice, vengeance & hatred that left him speechless and the fact he is the first villain to destroy his home Kohona. His fight with Naruto I consider the best in the series, not to mention his God like abilities were the most realistic in the series before the went DBZ levels)

Orochimaru Because he was the Big bad for most of Part 1, responsible for the deaths of two Kages leading Tsunade to replace the third and Gaara his father and broke team 7 apart by having Sasuke leave the leaf village (for better or for worse for the series). Plus his fight against The Third was amazing.

For Favourite Villain would be Kisame due to his appearance and abilities are the most interesting and I always enjoy his interaction and fight with Gai that I wish we had more time with him in the series.

For the worst I consider Kaguya and Sasuke (sort of). Kaguya in concept and backstory is not bad in fact I fined it quite interesting, however how she was included to the main story doesn't work as she replaced Madara and turned out to be the true mastermind of the series (or Black Zetsu same thing really) far too late in the series. Not to mention she is rather bland as a character at least what ever you thought of the uchiha clan members that became villains Sasuke least had a motivation of vengeance, Obito and a negative outlook on life and Madara got excited when fighting someone of Hahsirama's level, Kaguya just has an obession with Charaka and that not really interesting. Plus her Fight was boring with the only saving grace be that funny moment when Naruto used the Sexy Jutsu and the last panel with team 7 finally all hitting her. Granted had she been fleshed out more beforehand and giving more motivation and characteristics or introduced in perhaps the spin off as the main villain she might of done better, but instead we got what's prehaps one of the worst big boss fights in Shonen history.

For Sasuke I don't really mind him being a villain, its just how it plays out as its all over the place, from vengeance against elders, then the whole leaf to protecting it his way with revolution and killing anyone who gets in his way. If I were to have the Itachi revelation I would have honestly had him just find out whether not it was true and when proven true vows to crush the leaf and the ninja system at large by start a revolution, only to be stopped by Naruto and friends (mainly Sakura) to helping them fight against who ever is the big bad at the end of the series and kill Danzo if he hasn't already done so. Not to mention The obsession Naruto had with really got out of control. Well least his fight against Killer along with Taka was fun for me.

The most hated for me is somewhat joke/serious is (other) Hinata. Her obsession with Naruto, her annoying vocal fanbase, Studio Perriot's favouritism of her and the fact because of her the series was ruined to the point of no recovery.

One finale not the Polls have multiple choice so you can rank them if you want.

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 23 June 2020 - 11:38 PM.

#2 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:38 PM

Worst Villain: Kaguya. I don't even think its close. I had issues with Sasuke, Obito, Kabuto, all of Taka, and Zetsu, but at least that qualify as a character. They had back story, personality, motivations etc. It may not have always worked or made sense, but at least they had those things. Kaguya had nothing. She was a get-out-of-writing corner card and her back story was mostly explanatory. It didn't give her a character. Black Zetzu ended up speaking in her behalf the whole time. She has no character at all. 

It's kind of like Necron in FF9. An out of nowhere final villain who has no character and whose existence is pointless.

Best Villain: I voted Itachi, but I think compelling cases can be made for Orochimaru and Gaara. Danzo and Pain had their positive points as well. I liked villain Itachi was portrayed as a merciless, unforgiving sociopath who killed his clan and tortured Sasuke because he could. It work well with Sasuke's motivation and it wasn't hard to see why Sasuke took the actions he did. I want to knock him for how poorly his heal-turn-face was handled, but almost every villains turn was poorly handled.

#3 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:59 PM

I saw Orochimaru was better as a villain given the nasty stuff he did throughout the series; killing Rasa as well as having a hand in Hiruzen's death, the experiments with Hashirama's DNA that led to the birth of Yamato, his ties to the Akatsuki, as brief as they were, along with the various people he killed and his tempting Sasuke with power are what REALLY make him the best in my mind.

Worst is Kaguya, hands down. I would have preferred if Madara was the final bad, and he actually didn't come off sympathetic and killed Izuna just to gain his Sharingan to cure his blindness.

#4 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:18 AM

Worst Villain: Kaguya. I don't even think its close. I had issues with Sasuke, Obito, Kabuto, all of Taka, and Zetsu, but at least that qualify as a character. They had back story, personality, motivations etc. It may not have always worked or made sense, but at least they had those things. Kaguya had nothing. She was a get-out-of-writing corner card and her back story was mostly explanatory. It didn't give her a character. Black Zetzu ended up speaking in her behalf the whole time. She has no character at all. 

I agree with this. Kaguya was so damn empty, it honestly made it difficult to care about what was happening in those panels.

As for the best, I'd have to say I really liked Danzo, but the series never did enough with him.

One trend I noticed in this poll, though, was how many times it said (when villain). This was an issue for me throughout the series. It worked in earlier cases, Gaara for example. But Obito getting redeemed, Orochimaru not being in prison. It makes my head spin.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#5 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:40 PM

As for the best, I'd have to say I really liked Danzo, but the series never did enough with him.

One trend I noticed in this poll, though, was how many times it said (when villain). This was an issue for me throughout the series. It worked in earlier cases, Gaara for example. But Obito getting redeemed, Orochimaru not being in prison. It makes my head spin.

I always felt Danzo was wasted antagonist given the potential interaction he could of had with Team 7. Given that Sai worked for him and he could come to question his loyalties to him, Sakura since she is Tsunade's disciple and the two hate each other and Naruto given they are morally different ideals and that he not going to like after his talk with nagato. It feels like he should of been Sasuke final opponent in the series instead of Naruto.

Yeah given so many characters come back redeemed I felt like I had to put (when villain) because they are completely different characters when they first appeared as antagonists best example being Itachi. Feels like Obito should of died with regret instead of fully redeemed with possibly giving kakashi his other eye in a similar transplant the first time "he died" coming full circle.

#6 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:44 PM

I agree with this. Kaguya was so damn empty, it honestly made it difficult to care about what was happening in those panels.

Gaara's turn around was the only one I don't have reservations about. Pain had the terrible Gedo Mazo thing that just ruined everything Most of the Naruto villains suffer from the same issues. Specifically, the redemptions were often cheap or not explained at all (orochimaru) to the point where it just became the thing Naruto did because it's the thing Naruto does and the fact that people didn't react to these guys like...well people. Obito's was the worst because that got farmed off to mooks who never were heard from again. 

I always felt Danzo was wasted antagonist given the potential interaction he could of had with Team 7. Given that Sai worked for him and he could come to question his loyalties to him, Sakura since she is Tsunade's disciple and the two hate each other and Naruto given they are morally different ideals and that he not going to like after his talk with nagato. It feels like he should of been Sasuke final opponent in the series instead of Naruto.

Yeah given so many characters come back redeemed I felt like I had to put (when villain) because they are completely different characters when they first appeared as antagonists best example being Itachi. Feels like Obito should of died with regret instead of fully redeemed with possibly giving kakashi his other eye in a similar transplant the first time "he died" coming full circle.

Danzo also got the unfortunate role of designated kitten. When Kishimoto wanted to show Konoha was bad too, he (and to a less degree the Second) always got the shaft. It virtually always went back to him.

#7 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:15 PM

Yeah, Danzo was used to be the source of all evil.

#8 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:51 AM

My favorites were definitely Hidan & Kakuzu, without a doubt. There's something exhilarating about them as partners.

Hidan is not swayed by meaningful words and doesn't have a care in the world about anything at all. He's just crazy evil in every sense to me lol. Hidan's character kinda reminds me of Mugen from Samurai Champloo actually (except Mugen was more open to reasoning during battle and a bit cheesy at times haha). Pretty sure they just asked him to join and he's like 'aight lmao'. Omg what if his head just pops out of the ground one day on a team of unknowing genin & be like surprise mfs woulda thought i was done

Where Hidan was bluntly crude, Kakuzu on the other hand had a smarter, more ominous personality and disposition than his counterpart. Kakuzu's way of becoming immortal completely fanscinated me as well: to take live hearts out of other people and using their chakra nature for his own + to extend his lifespan.

Their arc had me to the edge of my seat tbh. To see Kakashi so disheveled from fighting those two made me binge watch the entire fight in a day lol. And man, they were also sort of the 'original' immortals before Reanimation Jutsu, you know? Love them.

My least favorite had to be Kaguya for the reasons already stated in this thread. Also those 7 swordsmen of the Mist? They were hyped up in the very beginning and they turned out the be lame. There was one with a thread and needle sword-type of a half-a**ed weapon that made me cringe, and I think it was among them.

Edited by lux, 15 March 2017 - 04:03 AM.

#9 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:01 AM

I did like the involvement Rasa had during the war to give closure to Gaara's story, but I felt as if it could have been done way better. Like, I dunno, say during the three years before he became Kazekage, on top of meeting Naruto, that Gaara found a letter from Rasa that explained everything, and that Rasa apologized to Gaara for all the pain, and that in spite of his failures as a father, he loved him nonetheless.

#10 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:42 AM

Awesome thread! I'm going to have to think about it...then post back. But super good thread. Naruto had some awesome villains with Akatsuki. After Pein died...meh. 

#11 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:47 PM

My least favorite had to be Kaguya for the reasons already stated in this thread. Also those 7 swordsmen of the Mist? They were hyped up in the very beginning and they turned out the be lame. There was one with a thread and needle sword-type of a half-a**ed weapon that made me cringe, and I think it was among them.

I have to admit when they showed up I was hoping for a battle royale with the swordman, Haku and those other two edo ninja on one side and Kakashi, Sakura, Lee, Gai, Sai and Omni on the other but once Zubuza and Haku were taken out nothing, well least storm 3 did the fight better. 

#12 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:13 PM

Naruto had some awesome villains with Akatsuki. After Pein died...meh. 

Essentially. The originality kinda died along with the villains.

#13 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:40 AM

I defiantly think one of the major problems when it comes to Kishimoto's writing with Villains is that he usually only introduces/focuses on 2 an arc for most part, the only exceptions are the Chunin Exams/invasion of kohona, Tsunade arc (though Itachi & Kisame appear in the first half while Orochimaru & Kabuto the second) Sasuke rescue arc, The kazekage and pain arc to some extent and the war arc.

Granted this isn't always a bad thing like with the land of waves arc with Zabuza and Haku, but that's mostly because the cast was so small back then. It was only team 7, their client and his family gato and his goons and back in kohona was the small range of recurring character that were introduced in the introduction arc. So You could have Kakshi vs Zubuza and the team 7 genin vs Haku (granted Sakura was left out because well Kishimoto for ya), however it doesn't work once you expanded the cast with so many support characters by the arc unless you did team battles which hardly ever happened outside of team 10.

#14 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:24 PM

So fun topic to discuss, how bad would you rank the post naruto/boruto villains we got so far?

#15 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:49 PM

Founded this list of top naruto Villians from watch mojo today, very questionable choices. Thoughts?

#16 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:23 PM

Orochimaru was the best for me...but I don't really have an elaborate explanation as you all seem to have. I just remember getting into Naruto for the first time when I was 11 or 12 years of age and, when introduced to Orochimaru, feeling a genuine sense of disgust and revulsion and a desire to see the heroes beat him. I mean, take over Sasuke's body? Get the kitten out of here. Unfortunately, I never really got that feeling after the Pein Arc as well (except...maybe for Madara. But he wasn't alive for very long and he wasn't the best to me). I was also kind of hoping for Orochimaru to make some kind of comeback in the finale once Sasuke and Naruto were down for the count but *shrugs*.

Worst is Kaguya because she just wasn't memorable to be. She's just some opizzle God that Naruto and Sasuke were only able to defeat thanks to plot armor IMO. And like Madara, she wasn't there for long. Actually, I think she wasn't there as long as Madara was either. But that's it for me.  :sweat:

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#17 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:28 PM

I love Zabuza and Haku because everyone else Kishi ruined. I loved Orichimaru but during the war that stopped.

Other than that Pain was good, but the start of the redemption pattern. It worked once but not for those that followed.

ナルサク

#18 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:47 AM

Interesting revisiting this thread/poll. So pretty much the best villains were Part 1/Akatsuki and the worst villains were in the final war arc. Very interesting, and in keeping with the downward spiral of the storyline as well.

#19 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:59 PM

Interesting revisiting this thread/poll. So pretty much the best villains were Part 1/Akatsuki and the worst villains were in the final war arc. Very interesting, and in keeping with the downward spiral of the storyline as well.

I forgot about them. :o Maybe, because I can't pinpoint a certain favorite. They were all so good and unique and full of character.

ナルサク

#20 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:15 PM

Sadly, the final villains consist 1/3-1/4 of the story. That's enough to ruin the momentum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Naruto, Naruto Villains, Discusion, Polls, Sasuke, Akatsuki, Manga, Opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users