Close
Photo

Who was truly the main character of Naruto?

Main Character Naruto Sasuke

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Raito

Raito

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Playing Football(Soccer)®

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:13 AM

This entire series, especially after the Sasuke retrieval arc has focused solely on that character. He left their village and joined Orochimaru in order to gain power, which ultimately made him a criminal. After some time, kills his brother (achieves his goal) realizes that he was wrong and joins an international criminal organization. After joining this group he had made it clear that his goal was to wipe out Konoha. However, even with this knowledge the deuteragonist decides to still to try to save him. 

If you think about, this basically summarizes the entire Naruto story (excluding the war) everything that was solely about Naruto or other characters was mainly filler (not all tho). Why does the actual story mainly revolve around Sasuke? Was he the intended main character, but due to the Shounen loud mouth MC rule Kishi had to resort to Naruto? 

Why did the female Konoah 11 members ( not all) want such person back in their village? Why did Kakashi and Sakura keep quiet about the fact that he attempted to eliminate the Kages as well as Naruto? You'd think Kakashi was smarter, eh? I mean, lets leave a manipulable man to roam our village. This goes for the other villages as well. 

The only thing Sasuke was missing in his achievements was being Kage; everything else he's taken from Naruto (deuteragonist)

Who was the intended main character? In my honest opinion, it seems like Sauce is. This series was about him, and everything was handed to him in a silver platter. 

Note: Sorry for any mistakes, wrote this before i went to bed  -_-

Edited by Raito, 06 July 2015 - 07:15 AM.

Fate%2Bstay%2Bnight%2B6.gif

#2 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:31 AM

Rose if Versailles intially about the story of Marie Antoine. The current main character(oscar) is a side character, but since oscar is more popular and the editor feel it easier to relate for fiction character, among other reason, the main, lead, and protagonist character change to lady oscar.

Did the same happen with naruto? Perhaps.
The reason is kishi favoritism to that character.

To answer your question. Yes, sasuke is the true main character.

Edited by rocci, 06 July 2015 - 09:32 AM.

#3 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:12 PM

Kishi- "hmmm, well NARUTO does get to suck on those big boobs at night. That makes him the true main character."

But he made it seem like it was Sasuke. I hated that he did that to NARUTO.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#4 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:11 PM

Naruto is the main character of the series, but Sasuke/sns is the core of it.

ナルサク

#5 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:56 PM

Sasuke became the main character. The story revolves around him and his choices. His actions are never punished, and he gets the girl at the end who acts like a slave around him, because her entire reason for living is to be whatever Sasuke wants her to be.

Naruto? He's the best friend character. His actions are dictated by the actions of the main character. "Where's Sasuke?" "I'll get Sasuke back." "I won't ever kill Sasuke." "Sasuke is my best friend you just don't understand his pain." Hell the only canon reason he wanted Sakura is to piss off Sasuke.

This is the level of hack fraudry of Kishimoto. Hell honestly deep down it is much worse then that. Just a terrible story.

#6 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:59 PM

If Sasuke is the main character than he'he's the worst main character since Matthew Broderick on Godzilla 1998.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#7 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:18 PM

If Sasuke is the main character than he'he's the worst main character since Matthew Broderick on Godzilla 1998.

Course he is. What was Gaiden about in a nutshell? It was about Sasuke's daughter not knowing how cool and amazing her father was, and selfishly acting against him and his wishes, just because she expects her father to be in her life. So Naruto helped to educate her. In the end she forgets about the years of neglect, and says her "Papa" is "so cool", because he's just that powerful. Even Sakura complains about "her daughter", why? Simple. Because Salad dares to doubt the Sasuke myth. Which of course meant she needed to go threw a life changing event in order to be brought into line, and recongize how amazing Sasuke is. Which of course in the end is what happens.

Oh and Sasuke doesn't even give his "wife" Sakura a kiss goodbye when he lives again.... hell he barely says anything positive about her at all besides talking about how Sakura isn't easy to kill.... a fact Sasuke would know very well. Plus Sasuke continues to insult Naruto, and is somehow more powerful then him again. Cause you know "cool" factor.

#8 Pink Chidori

Pink Chidori

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:34 AM

Guiz, it's obviously Tenten. 

20ic8s1.png

✧Big Three Shipper
           |NaruSaku|NaruHina|SasuSaku|

#9 Frankie