• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#61 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 30 April 2015 - 04:53 PM

Zankyou no Terror (Terror in Resonance): *sigh* This anime... I honestly don't know how to feel towards it. Here's the thing. When you listen to a classic piece of music, let's say Mozart or Beethoven, you know that it is a critically an acclaimed work, many people nowadays will nonetheless be bored by it. Some people though will appreciate what they are listening to and give the piece of music the credit they deserve.

In a way, that's how I view Zankyou no Terror: I'm aware of the the fact that it is a good anime, but I'd by lying if I said that I'd completely enjoyed it. And the ending... It wasn't bad, but I hate these types of endings nonetheless. It's hard to swallow such endings.

The main reason I started this anime was b/c I've found out that the director of this anime also directed Cowboy Bebop.

I was disappointed with that ending too. I enjoyed it quite a bit up until the end, and came away from it thinking, "That's it?". It left me feeling kind of hollow and unfulfilled.

#62 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 30 April 2015 - 04:56 PM

I was disappointed with that ending too. I enjoyed it quite a bit up until the end, and came away from it thinking, "That's it?". It left me feeling kind of hollow and unfulfilled.

I mean, when I watched Cowboy Bebop, I was strangely satisfied.

But it's different with Zankyou no Terror. Maybe it's b/c it was so unexpected. I certainly didn't think 12 would just die of like that so easily.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#63 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:28 AM

I hate that feeling. I heard the anime needed more episodes for it to have been great.

tumblr_n45nt0asf91t4e7bbo2_400.gif

#64 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:33 AM

Any video game endings you guys came across that was horrible? I should have included that too. I can think of one that stands out the most: the trilogy of Final Fantasy XIII.

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#65 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:38 AM

Any video game endings you guys came across that was horrible? I should have included that too. I can think of one that stands out the most: the trilogy of Final Fantasy XIII.

Assassins Creed, and 3 wasn't horrible just not a satisfying ending for Conner.

Edited by TheFlash, 03 May 2015 - 05:42 AM.

#66 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:50 AM

Assassins Creed, and 3 wasn't horrible just not a satisfying ending for Conner.

Oh dear god. I'm an Assassin's Creed fanatic. Don't get me started. 

Just don't....get me...started... 

(I mean the fact that Desmond isn't even here anymore is freaking beyond me. Because now they're releasing all of these half brand games that have no connection to the original plot with Desmond being the key for the Assassins. And now we're dealing with these Roman Gods and it's just making these games so out of place I want to slap somebody. Like I literally want to physically slap somebody and make some common sense come back in these games. I mean Black Flag was great Unity was kinda great but how do they tie in with the overall story. Why did they get rid of Desmond. I hate him as much as everybody else but still.)

Edited by Pix, 03 May 2015 - 05:50 AM.

Squad Roll call :

#67 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:53 AM

Oh dear god. I'm an Assassin's Creed fanatic. Don't get me started. 

Just don't....get me...started... 

(I mean the fact that Desmond isn't even here anymore is freaking beyond me. Because now they're releasing all of these half brand games that have no connection to the original plot with Desmond being the key for the Assassins. And now we're dealing with these Roman Gods and it's just making these games so out of place I want to slap somebody. Like I literally want to physically slap somebody and make some common sense come back in these games. I mean Black Flag was great Unity was kinda great but how do they tie in with the overall story. Why did they get rid of Desmond. I hate him as much as everybody else but still.)

I stopped reading after just don't get me started lol. I'm currently playing Black Flag, yeah I know I'm behind. What's your favorite so far?

#68 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:03 AM

I stopped reading after just don't get me started lol. I'm currently playing Black Flag, yeah I know I'm behind. What's your favorite so far?

Yeah don't read that  :lmao: Not worth the time. I just typed everything that came to my head. Black Flag is still the best hands down. The visuals, the gameplay, all amazing. Even the story was intriguing. There's just one mission that I still remember and I hated it so much..

Squad Roll call :

#69 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:09 AM

Yeah don't read that  :lmao: Not worth the time. I just typed everything that came to my head. Black Flag is still the best hands down. The visuals, the gameplay, all amazing. Even the story was intriguing. There's just one mission that I still remember and I hated it so much..

Don't get me wrong I would read it I was just afraid of spoilers. Even though I spoiled some major events already. I agree, I'm loving Black Flag so far. The characters are great especially the females in the game. The MC is also much different from the others which I love.

#70 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:18 AM

Don't get me wrong I would read it I was just afraid of spoilers. Even though I spoiled some major events already. I agree, I'm loving Black Flag so far. The characters are great especially the females in the game. The MC is also much different from the others which I love.

Yes! Basically every character in Black Flag was just....they all touched my heart, really. And Edward was an amazing protagonist. One of the best, really. Just know that the ending won't disappoint. 

Final Fantasy XIII on the other hand pissed me off.  :cry: The ending was literally almost perfect- until the novels came out. Just knowing that a wedding never happened and Serah never got closure on her romance life is just as underwhelming as NS not being canon. 

Squad Roll call :

#71 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:24 AM

Yes! Basically every character in Black Flag was just....they all touched my heart, really. And Edward was an amazing protagonist. One of the best, really. Just know that the ending won't disappoint. 

Final Fantasy XIII on the other hand pissed me off.  :cry: The ending was literally almost perfect- until the novels came out. Just knowing that a wedding never happened and Serah never got closure on her romance life is just as underwhelming as NS not being canon. 

I have never played a final fantasy game, but the new one coming out looks interesting. Have you play AC unity? I've heard bad things and am debating on if I should buy it or not.

#72 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:31 AM

Remember nothing is true everything is permitted.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#73 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:38 AM

I have never played a final fantasy game, but the new one coming out looks interesting. Have you play AC unity? I've heard bad things and am debating on if I should buy it or not.

I liked it. A lot, actually. I think people were hating just because they could honestly (and because it was released with glitches). It wasn't better than Black Flag but I was still hooked. I couldn't stop playing for an entire week. 

Squad Roll call :

#74 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:52 AM

I liked it. A lot, actually. I think people were hating just because they could honestly (and because it was released with glitches). It wasn't better than Black Flag but I was still hooked. I couldn't stop playing for an entire week.

I got AC U.

#75 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:42 PM

I got AC U.

Did you like it? 

Squad Roll call :

#76 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:56 PM

Mass Effect 3 should be everyone's number 1, even if you never play it. Yes, I said it.

By the way, should the Gaiden counts when it ends?

#77 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 02:01 PM

Mass Effect 3 should be everyone's number 1, even if you never play it. Yes, I said it.

By the way, should the Gaiden counts when it ends?

Lol Gaiden was ultimately doomed from the start. Watch when the ending comes and it shows SS finally together and NH still brainwashed happy with their family. Gaiden was never meant to restore Naruto. 

I haven't played Mass Effect 3 but I heard it was horrible. Like downright horrible.

Squad Roll call :

#78 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 02:12 PM

We've already seen it But maybe, JUST maybe We'll see something worse as unlikely as it is

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#79 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 02:25 PM

Did you like it?

Yes,but would you forgive me if I like more AC Rogue?

#80 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 02:45 PM

Yes,but would you forgive me if I like more AC Rogue?

AC 2 and 4 are my favorites.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users