naruto wtf discuss

• Please log in to reply
31572 replies to this topic

#28741 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 26 May 2020 - 10:28 PM

The third wasn't Shisui at the time it was Madara's brother. You know for the whole brother fighting brother for the eyes thing Itachi was going on about.

That was Itachi saying it. So he could have been lying to Sasuke or those are the only ones he knows. Or more likely Kishimoto first limited to that but then expanded it when he focused on the uchiha more and more. Since eventually it apparently became a thing that the uchiha did along with abusing the izangi move to the had to come up with a move to punish people for using it.

Or its another retcon. (Honestly I don't care, it was adding more unnecessary plates to the Uchihas anyways).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#28742 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 01:37 AM

random question but why does itachi say only 3 people had awakened mangekyo sharingan to sasuke if he were to awaken it when 3 already had including madara, shisui and itachi himself?

Because Kishimoto doesn't understand the concept of continuity.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#28743 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 27 May 2020 - 05:46 PM

Because Kishimoto doesn't understand the concept of continuity.

That's true Naruto is a bigger mess than foxs x-men movies, heck it's so bad it makes kingdom Hearts story look like it's easier to follow.

#28744 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 03:43 AM

Re-editing some old stuff, going through some notes/story ideas about clones....

What if Naruto's clones were an unlimited technique, but with diminishing control and increasing independence?

What if Menma wasn't an alternate universe character, but an in-universe result of Naruto coming to the end of his control over his clones?

So the thinking was that the more he creates the wilder they get. They are just a little rebellious when he's younger and makes them in huge amounts. But as he gets older and gains power, so do the clones. And they go more rogue each time. 

And he realizes that if he wants to continue making these over the course of his life, he'll have to be judicious. So if he's in a bad situation and he has to make one, he knows he's got a small amount of time where he can rely on the clone, before it turns his powers against him. Basically, the power is deteriorating over time, so that the clone is getting more powerful as he ages, but it has taken on the worst characteristics of himself.

Eh, just a thought. Would have made some good fics!

#28745 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 08:21 AM

Re-editing some old stuff, going through some notes/story ideas about clones....

What if Naruto's clones were an unlimited technique, but with diminishing control and increasing independence?

What if Menma wasn't an alternate universe character, but an in-universe result of Naruto coming to the end of his control over his clones?

So the thinking was that the more he creates the wilder they get. They are just a little rebellious when he's younger and makes them in huge amounts. But as he gets older and gains power, so do the clones. And they go more rogue each time. 

And he realizes that if he wants to continue making these over the course of his life, he'll have to be judicious. So if he's in a bad situation and he has to make one, he knows he's got a small amount of time where he can rely on the clone, before it turns his powers against him. Basically, the power is deteriorating over time, so that the clone is getting more powerful as he ages, but it has taken on the worst characteristics of himself.

I could see it be interesting.

#28746 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 10:42 PM

Also, it makes no sense that Naruto, who was raised as an orphan, would be so unwaiveringly committed to the village, the rookies, his teammates, etc. While Sasuke, who was raised as part of a larger and powerful clan, would be the one to shun everything and go into a solitary life, giving up his goal of resurrecting any part of his clan. ( I don't count his relationship with Sakura/Sarada cause it was clearly something he invested nothing in.)

It makes no sense that the orphan wouldn't have to come to grips with those feelings of abandonment, and the family kid wouldn't have to deal with the fact that he alone is letting the rest of his clan (letting the Uchiha die out) down by going it alone. 

#28747 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 28 May 2020 - 11:21 PM

af94c74cc1f4394109f88c00e702d156fe4dc528

509356167_759751.gif?4

#28748 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 11:42 PM

Also, it makes no sense that Naruto, who was raised as an orphan, would be so unwavering committed to the village, the rookies, his teammates, etc. While Sasuke, who was raised as part of a larger and powerful clan, would be the one to shun everything and go into a solitary life, giving up his goal of resurrecting any part of his clan. ( I don't count his relationship with Sakura/Sarada cause it was clearly something he invested nothing in.)

It makes no sense that the orphan wouldn't have to come to grips with those feelings of abandonment, and the family kid wouldn't have to deal with the fact that he alone is letting the rest of his clan (letting the Uchiha die out) down by going it alone. 

No, it does. Naruto is desperate to have the bonds he was denied when he was young. While Sasuke who lost it dwells with that lost, focuses on revenge, and doesn't want to try again with other people. The level they go to are absurd because Kishimoto pushed it to those extremes to justify their final fight.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 22 June 2020 - 12:03 AM.

#28749 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 12:04 AM

I think this would happen...

[post='https://vignette.wik...=20191114004440'][/post]

#28750 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 06:42 AM

I think I remember reading some fanfics where something like that happens and it gets all Spider-Man Clone Saga or something (Clones believe they're the real one and such), lol.

2e5.gif

#28751 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 05:42 PM

Also, it makes no sense that Naruto, who was raised as an orphan, would be so unwaiveringly committed to the village, the rookies, his teammates, etc. While Sasuke, who was raised as part of a larger and powerful clan, would be the one to shun everything and go into a solitary life, giving up his goal of resurrecting any part of his clan. ( I don't count his relationship with Sakura/Sarada cause it was clearly something he invested nothing in.)

It's something in The Demon Within I want to work out, since I'd have it one big reason why for Naruto that he has a strong commitment to the bonds he makes is due to the anger he had felt of being ostracized by the villagers just because he was Kurama's Jinchuriki, and their hate couldn't allow them to see Naruto as Minato wanted him to be seen as; a hero. Even Hiruzen has that flaw since part of him blames Naruto for his wife's death when Biwako was acting as midwife for Kushina when Naruto was born.

It isn't just about the recognition, he also wanted to not let hate and anger consume him deep down inside, even if some elements of that fear came out story-wise in my head for TDW, like how Naruto felt Iruka initially hated him when Mizuki told him he was a Jinchuriki, as well as when Iruka was having his debate with Mizuki and that hate is why he was held back so much even as hard as he tried to graduate from the academy. I wanted to try to show Naruto has a good understanding of things like that, but it's shaped him to be who he is today.

In Sasuke's case, it's more that Sasuke would initially find bonds to be a weakness, just because of how his bond to Itachi in his mind seemed to be a farce when Itachi had done what he did (and I retcon it story-wise in TDW that Danzo somehow used Kotoamatsukami on Itachi or maybe Madara somehow since Obito isn't gonna be resurrected as Madara's Darth Vader to his Emperor Palpatine), and that his hate for Itachi and his desire to kill him not really for revenge alone, but to surpass him since the fact Itachi ALWAYS was recognized by their father made Sasuke hate him as much as he admired his big brother.

And that sense of jealousy for Sasuke also extended to Naruto and others being stronger than him because his mind was unable to accept, not just for his desire to surpass Itachi but his own insecurities and pettiness, that there is always going to be someone stronger than you. It also doesn't help in my fanfic that Sasuke hardens himself even more than in the canon by siding with the Foundation to gain the resolve needed to first kill Naruto for "denying" him the power he carved from Itachi, and then to leave the Leaf and kill Itachi, plus if anyone is in his way, he'll kill them too, no matter their feelings to him, which I show in the prologue when he's willing to kill Sakura when he realizes she told Naruto about the Curse Mark.

But the idea in TDW isn't to go to one extreme over the other, but that the boys' bond comes from similar circumstances, BUT Naruto wants to save Sasuke from that feeling of bitterness he held in his heart as a kid, while Sasuke assumes Naruto's weakness is holding onto connections when he's seen them as weaknesses and how he's hardened his heart. The fact is of Sasuke needing to see there's strength in having connections, not weakness, and Naruto wanting to try to help someone like him due to his sense of empathy without making it seem like he only connects to people who have hard circumstances such as himself.

Basically... doing what Kishimoto tried to do but better.

#28752 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 03 June 2020 - 08:57 PM

Oh god, I found this video you gues and this guy speaks the truth when it comes to all NH fans.

What do you think?

#28753 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 04 June 2020 - 11:45 AM

Oh god, I found this video you gues and this guy speaks the truth when it comes to all NH fans.

What do you think?

From Billy Madison very fitting but we know God would have no mercy on those NH monsters

#28754 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 03:57 PM

See, I just thought she was thirsty.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#28755 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 11:50 AM

That is an exaggeration admittedly. But here are my thoughts. Truth be told Hinata is not useless more than she is irrelevant. you see many of the females in Naruto if not all of them besides her have a motivation to fight other than revolving around their love interest. Even Sakura and Ino can find the motivation to fight for someone else (each other especially). You can sum up Hinata's motivations very easily. "I must impress N-Naruto-kun! No-one can take my Naruto-kun away! I must prove I can fight alongside Naruto-kun!. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!!!!"

NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING could even kick start this girl's engines and get her to fight seriously about anything, if it is not her "N-Naruto-kun-gasms". Not her cousin dying, not her sister being blind and getting said sister's stolen eyes back, not to improve the dogmatic stigma between the main family and the branch family of her clan. Nothing but when wanting to get the attention of her idol or him being threatened to be taken away from her gives her cause to take action over anything. She's not useless, she is completely one dimensional and BORING. her character, for the one hundred billionth time can be summarized as, "N-Naruto-kun!!" AND NEVER has such a boring one dimensional character received the over-hype, praise and sympathy that she has. That is what infuriates me more than anything. Not this character, Hinata Hyuga, but the stupid, obsessive, brain-dead fan base she has gained for doing nothing but blush and stutter "N-Naruto-kun!"

Edited by Phantom_999, 09 June 2020 - 04:43 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#28756 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 06:09 PM

That is an exaggeration admittedly. But here are my thoughts. Truth be told Hinata is not useless more than she is irrelevant. you see many of the females in Naruto if not all of them besides her have a motivation to fight other than revolving around their love interest. Even Sakura and Ino can find the motivation to fight for someone else (each other especially). You can sum up Hinata's motivations very easily. "I must impress N-Naruto-kun! No-one can take my Naruto-kun away! I must prove I can fight alongside Naruto-kun!. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!!!!"

NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING could even kick start this girl's engines and get her to fight seriously about anything, if it is not her "N-Naruto-kun-gasms". Not her cousin dying, not her sister being blind and getting said sister's stolen eyes back, not to improve the dogmatic stigma between the main family and the branch family of her clan. nothing but when wanting to get the attention of her idol or him being threatened to be taken away from her gives her cause to take action over anything. She's not useless, she is completely one dimensional and BORING. her character for the one hundred billionth time can be summarized as, "N-Naruto-kun!!" AND NEVER has such a boring one dimensional character received the over hype, praise and sympathy that she has. That is what infuriates me more than anything. Not this character, Hinata Hyuga, but the stupid, obsessive, brain-dead fan base she has gained for doing nothing but blush and stutter "N-Naruto-kun!" 

All I can say is this is pretty damn accurate, Phantom. As you said, other ladies in Naruto got reasons to fight they feel more real compared to Hinata just wanting to impress Naruto and the fact she CANT bring herself to believe in him because if she did, shed see that hes way beyond her and that she wouldnt have the inspiration she thinks she needs.

#28757 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 08 June 2020 - 07:12 PM

Honestly sometimes I wonder if hinata was just used for set up to that Naruto would have a personal motivation when it came to battling Neji due to Naruto getting angry at Neji's views on failures and destiny.  

#28758 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 07:42 PM

If that were the case, she’s a one shot plot device. Like MANY characters Kishi has compiled over the years. And even other one shot plot devices showed more significance to Naruto personally. Example, Zabusa and Haku. Haku was a mirror of Naruto, being someone with out a purpose or meaning in his miserable life and was left on the streets to die until he was acknowledged by someone, as twisted as that relationship was on the surface. Then Naruto hammered it home by spelling it out for Zabusa that he and Haku formed a bond whether or not he appreciated or even wanted it, and that caused Zabusa’s first tears ever and had him bring down that mob boss before expiring. That had way more impact than Hinata’s shtick with wanting to impress the one boy she idolized only for her own self esteem issues, and Naruto only swore on her blood because Neji called her a loser that could not change her destiny or fate which Naruto took offence at. And even the after math was lack luster. You don’t see Hinata changing her self. You don’t see her becoming stronger or expanding her concerns to someone other than Naruto even after the fact. She remained that sole fan girl of Naruto. Nothing came out of it. I repeat. Nothing

Edited by Phantom_999, 09 June 2020 - 04:42 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#28759 thelordofspace72

thelordofspace72

Light Paladin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 07:48 PM

The question we must ask is when did Hinata do something useful?
Answer: no.
Even a small stone can easily defeat Hinata. Hinata's obsession with Naruto made her forget even neji who was killed by her selfishness and her obsession with Naruto and her sister.

#28760 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 05:58 AM

That is what infuriates me more than anything. Not this character, Hinata Hyuga, but the stupid, obsessive, brain-dead fan base she has gained for doing nothing but blush and stutter "N-Naruto-kun!"

Then you got such fans like SP making entire extra omake endings of episodes around her saying, "Naruto-kun!".

2e5.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)