tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#42 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

I got a Wii U!!!!! hahahahahahaha!!!!!!! I really did it to support Nintendo caus of the low sales but I only got one game.  New Super Mario Bros. Wii U I mean there were other games that cauhgt my interest but I would really do not think I'd be playing them much. For instance, Assasin's Creed. While I Do say Assasin's Creed is a Great game, I have not played it before and I can not say for sure I will enjoy it so I'm just playing it safe and and waiting for Smash and the like. :D

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#43 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:58 AM

I got a Wii U!!!!! hahahahahahaha!!!!!!! I really did it to support Nintendo caus of the low sales but I only got one game.  New Super Mario Bros. Wii U I mean there were other games that cauhgt my interest but I would really do not think I'd be playing them much. For instance, Assasin's Creed. While I Do say Assasin's Creed is a Great game, I have not played it before and I can not say for sure I will enjoy it so I'm just playing it safe and and waiting for Smash and the like. :D

Congrats! I was considering getting Assassin's Creed 4 when Ubisoft was doing the digital sale, but I decided against. My backlog's way too big right now, and I'm sure I could find it cheaper for 360 anyway if I really wanted it. I still have Xenoblade Chronicles and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate to finish, as well as a bunch of 3/DS games.

If you want to friend me, my Nintendo Network ID is Zephyr25. I think MH3U is the only online game I own right now though.  

-----

I haven't really been doing a good job keeping track, but the eShop's been filling up pretty quickly. In particular, Earthbound is now available for download over there. Supposedly it's a big deal, since it wasn't on the Wii VC service. I've never played the original, but I've heard good things, so I might pick it up eventually. I recently got $30 in eShop credit for registering both Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei (seriously, what an awesome deal that was-I was gonna get them both anyway), so I might use that as an excuse to buy Earthbound.

Though Pikmin 3 is also coming out in a few weeks. I'm tempted to just wait and buy that digitally. Decisions decisions...

Edited by Super Boom, 20 July 2013 - 02:59 AM.

#44 Ex-psych75

Ex-psych75

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

August 2013: The Wii-U rises.

tumblr_inline_miqm96XVxj1qz4rgp.gif

#45 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

August 2013: The Wii-U rises.

lol maybe in december when Mario releases

\

#46 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

Well that and all other highly anticipated titles Like Zelda and Super Smash to name a couple.

#47 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

I haven't really been doing a good job keeping track, but the eShop's been filling up pretty quickly. In particular, Earthbound is now available for download over there. Supposedly it's a big deal, since it wasn't on the Wii VC service. I've never played the original, but I've heard good things, so I might pick it up eventually. I recently got $30 in eShop credit for registering both Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei (seriously, what an awesome deal that was-I was gonna get them both anyway), so I might use that as an excuse to buy Earthbound.

Though Pikmin 3 is also coming out in a few weeks. I'm tempted to just wait and buy that digitally. Decisions decisions...

I picked up Earthbound last weekend. :D  I've only had an hour or so to play with it, but it's been fun so far.

I'm on the fence about Pikmin 3.  Nintendo also have an eShop deal that offers you 30% off Wonderful 101 if you buy Pikmin 3 digitially.  The only catch is that, in the UK at least, eShop prices are normally significantly higher than the normal retail price.  So, I don't know how much of a saving that really would be in comparison to somewhere like Amazon.

#48 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:09 AM

If you are going to do that, add the funds by july 28th. Nintendo sent out an email that says if you add $50 you'll get an extra $5 credit. And if you spend $100, you get $10. I prefer owning physical copies myself, but its a nice deal for those go digital.

Well that and all other highly anticipated titles Like Zelda and Super Smash to name a couple.

That's not until 2014, we are talking about august.

However, fall is approaching and 1st party support will be trickling out over the next couple of months.

Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101 will have been out by then, with Wind Waker, Sonic and Mario set to release.

I'm already going to have my wallet crippled with my launch purchase of the PS4, so I'm probably going to end up getting Sonic, Mario and Wind Waker. I'm not happy about paying full retail again for a wind waker remake, but it's probably my favorite entry in the series,,,

Anyone else going to indulge themselves this holiday?

Edited by Mik3, 23 July 2013 - 03:18 AM.

\

#49 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

True point there. But as a hardcore Zelda fan I'd buy it any way. Wind Waker was one of my favorites. Definitely in my top three.  :D Sonic Lost World seems interesting. And 2014 would seem like No time at all when you're busy with stuff. Any ways It's the exact Opposite For Me. I may or Will buy a PS4 at a later date. When the games I'm personally interested in come over. That aside, There are some very intriguing looking titles. They are just not to my personal preference is all. 

#50 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:36 AM

I picked up Earthbound last weekend. :D  I've only had an hour or so to play with it, but it's been fun so far.

I'm on the fence about Pikmin 3.  Nintendo also have an eShop deal that offers you 30% off Wonderful 101 if you buy Pikmin 3 digitially.  The only catch is that, in the UK at least, eShop prices are normally significantly higher than the normal retail price.  So, I don't know how much of a saving that really would be in comparison to somewhere like Amazon.

I'm been buying a lot of digital content for 3DS, but I'm still leaning more towards discs with consoles. I think it's something that's more appealing with portables I guess. That deal does seem good though. I'll have to think about finally setting up my external maybe. 

I'm glad Earthbound is fun. I've never played the original, but I've heard good things.  :happy:

If you are going to do that, add the funds by july 28th. Nintendo sent out an email that says if you add $50 you'll get an extra $5 credit. And if you spend $100, you get $10. I prefer owning physical copies myself, but its a nice deal for those go digital.

Anyone else going to indulge themselves this holiday?

I got an email about that earlier this week, but totally spaced on it. Thanks for the reminder! XD

I was thinking about buying Earthbound tonight, so I might just throw on another $40 and get that extra $5. Maybe. I chose to put my Fire Emblem/SMT reward eShop credit on my 3DS, since there's more to buy there, and I don't think the funds are unified across both systems. I wish they would hurry up with that. I've been hearing about that 3DS update for a while I feel like.

I'm sure I'll indulge more than I should. XD I'll probably get the same three as you, only probably Donkey Kong instead of Mario. I'm not a huge Mario fan, and that new one doesn't draw me in that much anyway, so I think I'll skip that, unless it turns out to be amazing or something. Heck, I didn't even play Galaxy till a few years ago.

Apparently Windwaker HD is $50 on Amazon right now, so a bit cheaper than usual. I'm also a huge WW fanboy, so there's no way I can resist it XD.

#51 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

I'm been buying a lot of digital content for 3DS, but I'm still leaning more towards discs with consoles. I think it's something that's more appealing with portables I guess. That deal does seem good though. I'll have to think about finally setting up my external maybe. 

I'm glad Earthbound is fun. I've never played the original, but I've heard good things.  :happy:

Agreed with you, I also prefer disc-based games for consoles.  :smile:   It's probably just being able to see and touch them and store them on a shelf.

I got Pikmin 3 last Saturday morning, and it's the first Pikmin game I've ever played.  It's very beautiful and charming, and it really feels like the first proper big game for the Wii U.  :D   The Wiimote and nunchuk definitely feel like the best control scheme, however you do sacrifice the precise camera control of the Gamepad's right analog.

#52 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

Yeah! I love to physically collect the games to. much more meaningful IMO. And it sounds like I should give give Pikmen 3 a shot Kage Smiter.  :D  

Edited by Phantom_999, 31 July 2013 - 04:14 PM.

#53 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

wwhdwiiui0spv.jpg

Instead of a price cut, Nintendo is bundling Wind Waker HD with the Deluxe WiiU and a specially decorated gamepad. The sales have been very poor, so they can't afford to taken an even bigger loss on the console and so this is the next best thing.

Man, I want the gamepad.

Heres a list of features in the Wind Waker HD upgrade

- Triforce quest – the five Triforce pieces can now be grabbed directly
- Only the remaining three require translated charts instead of eight
- Hero Mode available from the start
- Picto Box has been upgraded
- Upgraded camera could still be used to snap photos of unsuspecting villagers or enemies
- Pictures can go up on Miiverse
- Link can also take funny self-photographs
- Switch between happy, sad, and surprised emotions
- Get the Swift Sail at the auction house after completion of the first dungeon
- No alert via an in-game prompt to signal the special sails availability
- No longer possible to accidentally skip Tingle’s island, as the developers have inserted an introduction to the quirky character into the main quest
- Enhanced first-person camera
- Can now have full movement in that perspective
- Can travel through hallways and shoot arrows like you’re in a FPS

\

#54 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:57 PM

OOH. That is VERY interesting. Although I though the bow was alwasys from and FPS perspective. Hmm. Well it's kind of a let down tha tyou can no longer skip meeting Tingle lol But he is unfortunately needed to complete the main Quest so I think It helps players with Game play though. I think I'll give Hero mode a shot from the get go.  :smile:

#55 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

PRICE CUT HAPPENING

TM0wzY8.jpg

FREE HYRULE HISTORIA INCLUDED

WHY DID I GET ONE AT LAUNCH??? If I weren't getting PS4 at launch, I'd be all over it.

$300 now and they are going stop making the white 8gb basic model. This makes it $100 cheaper than Playstation 4

,and way more valuable than the original deluxe bundle.

Also, Mario 3D World has been moved up to November 22nd, Donkey Kong hits December 6th.

Wind Waker HD is coming september 20th, retailing at $49.99 and they will bundle a ganondorf statue with it for only 5 bucks more.

\

#56 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:04 AM

They better be doing another ambassador program and giving us early adopters some free games, like they did after the 3DS pricedrop. And hopefully it's not just those $0.30 games that came out for a while. That's not the same, and most of those were pretty short. Super Metroid is the only one that really stood out for me.

Donkey Kong Country going for $50 instead of $60 is great news, since I was planning on getting that over the new Mario. It seems Sonic is the only Wii U game I'll be getting at full price this holiday. 

Windwaker HD can't come soon enough though. I may have to get it early. WW had my favorite incarnation of Ganondorf, and so that figurine is a must-have.

#57 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

I caved and got ...

prYgGYp.jpg

So good looking in HD. 

Recently played Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101, both masterpieces in their own right. Go out and buy them as soon as possible.

\

#58 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:47 AM

Couldn't resist huh?  :lulz:

#59 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

I FINALLY GOT WIND WAKER HD!!!!!!!!! :D  :lol:  

#60 Nintendist

Nintendist

mi6 agent 2006 double oh series

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Sbt,old internet stuff,90s,80s,Windows all,all thing

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:11 PM

i will get my Wii U on May ,what games do you recommend excluding mario (THIS IS NO OPTIONAL FOR ME BECAUSE I LOVE MARIO)

inter multa, unum , E pluribus unum   doge, i want a adoge flash ,lol 

Nintendo 3ds Flame RED User

Nintendo Wii U Mario KArt 8 deluxe set User

USA USA USA BR USA USA USA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users