383 replies to this topic

#81 Gaara

Gaara

Kazekage of this forum.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:13 PM

OMG. If this is true. This is major! It took us a long time, it took Sakura and Naruto a long time, but Sakura finally knows it. If only Naruto does not mess up now. I mean, I understand why he reacts like that, I just hope Sakura can proof that she means what she says and I hope she really does mean it.

And Naruto you idiot, she wants you!! Take her!! biggrin.gif

#82 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Freakazoid @ Oct 26 2009, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hopefully the chapter panels will give us more insight on this ordeal. Sakura's facial expressions could tell the whole story.

Weve seen the last page already, and of course Sakura looks shocked, would any expect someone they just confessed to call them a liar?

If you're nitpicking things like facial expressions then my advice to you would be to get off the computer for a while and do something else. After a while you should have a clearer perspective whether or not you have confidence in the ship. But you shouldn't be depressed because of 1 line.
\

#83 Gaara

Gaara

Kazekage of this forum.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:19 PM

Hm. Now that I look at the last pic, it really looks like Naruto says it in a serious way. I'm a little bit afraid here. That pic doesn't look very promising...

#84 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (Gaara @ Oct 26 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hm. Now that I look at the last pic, it really looks like Naruto says it in a serious way. I'm a little bit afraid here. That pic doesn't look very promising...

Well, yea he is saying something very serious afterall.
\

#85 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Oct 26 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Weve seen the last page already, and of course Sakura looks shocked, would any expect someone they just confessed to call them a liar?

If you're nitpicking things like facial expressions then my advice to you would be to get off the computer for a while and do something else. After a while you should have a clearer perspective whether or not you have confidence in the ship. But you shouldn't be depressed because of 1 line.

Facial expressions tell alot. And I wasn't talking about when he called her a liar, I'm talking about her face when she confesses.

Whysomad?

#86 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (Freakazoid @ Oct 26 2009, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Facial expressions tell alot. And I wasn't talking about when he called her a liar, I'm talking about her face when she confesses.

Whysomad?

Not mad. You just seem to be overly negative, is all.

#87 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Oct 26 2009, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not mad. You just seem to be overly negative, is all.

I'm just looking at it without being too optimistic so I'm no dissapointed with whatever happens as a result.

I'm not screaming NS is dead, burn down the FC and drop the manga.

#88 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (Freakazoid @ Oct 26 2009, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whysomad?

Im not mad, but you sure sound depress and im just being honest, even if I am coming off as a jerk. You don't have to be optimistic, but you're putting way much into this.
\

#89 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Oct 26 2009, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im not mad, but you sure sound depress and im just being honest, even if I am coming off as a jerk. You don't have to be optimistic, but you're putting way much into this.

I sound depressed? Well, i'm certainly not. lol

I've only said that reading negative post after negative post makes me start to think the same. Not that it's how I feel about it. After that I talked about seeing the panels of Sakura's confession so we can see what her expression is like.

I'm neither angry or depressed. How about moving on?

Edited by Freakazoid, 26 October 2009 - 07:40 PM.

#90 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:41 PM

I was going to say, let's wait for the semi-official scans & translations, but I realized I'm not taking my own advice.

QUOTE (TwilightLink20xx @ Oct 26 2009, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think Sakura was lying, I believe she was telling the truth, but Naruto was able to see that something was up. First off, why would she go all the way out to the iron country to tell him that?

Interesting point. Naruto might not think that the confession itself was a lie (although he is probably in denial, that his dream might actually come true). He might think that the reason she gave for talking to him at that moment was a lie. Something happened between when he left the village and their meeting in the Iron Country that caused her to open up, and she hasn't stated what prompted her.

As far as the confession "not being valid"... Some people are happy to consider Sakura being desperate to do anything to stop Sasuke from trashing his life, a valid confession. Hinata not intending to follow through with her confession (she was expecting to die!) is somehow a valid expression of love. But somehow this current one is false while the others were true? err.gif (I still consider Hinata's confession to be the equivalent to a girl screaming "I love you" to a teenybopper singer on stage, rather than a meaningful expression, but that is only my opinion.)

#91 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (Freakazoid @ Oct 26 2009, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I sound depressed? Well, i'm certainly not. lol

I've only said that reading negative post after negative post makes me start to think the same. Not that it's how I feel about it. After that I talked about seeing the panels of Sakura's confession so we can see what her expression is like.

I'm neither angry or depressed. How about moving on?

ok then

I think the reason why Naruto may not believe Sakura is because the way she said it. Shes been a mess the last couple of chapters shes been in. So its hard to know for sure how she feels, also, this isn't the sakura he knows and loves. The one thing ive personally enjoyed about them is that Sakura has been able to be herself around Naruto, albeit a little mean. Around Sasuke, well we all remember what she was like. From these spoilers the confession reminded me a little of her begging sasuke not to leave the village. So I think Naruto is't used to seeing her like this, and obviously doesn't like it. Now I wouldn't be surprised if its the total opposite of what I just said either.
\

#92 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (Freakazoid @ Oct 26 2009, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just sitting in the Heaven&Earth FC on narutofan isn't working much either. Negative post after negative post, makes me think NS really is dead.

Meh.

negative post after negative post will happen because they thought that Naruto will just kiss Sakura because of a confession, heck that won't happen until she proves that she really loves him. Perhaps Yamamato should tell Naruto that Sakura ran towards his 4 tailed self in order to stop him, which caused her injury.

SasuSaku fans must be throwing a fit right now, their main female character just confessed she doesn't have those feelings for Sasuke anymore, their pairing has just been beaten and their main camp has been captured, good job boys. As for NaruHina must be receiving the news that their biggest ally has just been defeated, and that there is a romance brewing in between Sakura and Naruto the opposite that they wanted to happen, and more importantly by a girl that gets more screentime than Hinata that will probably disappear for at least half a year. Now we got our F 22 raptors, all we need is good piloting, something that i see lacking right now.

Edited by Strangelove, 26 October 2009 - 08:03 PM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#93 Lazy-Genius

Lazy-Genius

Left here a learner, came back a brony

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:13 PM

I get the feeling that Lee's going to have something to say about this.....

Also, if you remember Sai's flashback a couple chapters back, Naruto said something like "How can I tell her, I can't even keep my promises" it's obvious he wants to tell her, he just thinks he can't until he brings Sasuke back. However, I do have to say so myself that Sakura's reasons for not loving Sasuke anymore are a little shaky. Maybe it's just because of the translations, but by the words she used, it seems like she never loved him (which she might not have) in the first place. the important thing is, in Naruto's mind (I think we all know it's just about impossible to change Naruto's mind) he believes that she has at least loved him at one point in her life.

One last point, when have you known Naruto to hesitate with his words? (From the translation "I... I hate people who'd lie to themselves!")
A) When he's nervous or surprised
B) When he just doesn't know what to say

#94 Hak

Hak

Turmion kätilö

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:14 PM

Nice to see some real action here in H&E for a while! XD
I think this is just a small twist and nothing serious...
I have so seen this in some FF!!! If it goes on on the same lines Sakuras going to really hit that through Narutos skull.
I'm waiting something else though. What, I let Kishi show that.
Trust me, I'm an engineer!

#95 nekovi

nekovi

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:30 PM

mellow.gif mellow.gif mellow.gif mellow.gif mellow.gif mellow.gif mellow.gif mellow.gif mellow.gif mellow.gif mellow.gif mellow.gif

argh1.png

O.M.G that came faster then I thought[well... I mean, 450+ chapters isn't fast... hehe]... here I was thinking they were gonna talk about Sasuke. Her confession seems... ah. I'm not sure. It seems like... honestly, it seems sincere, but too fluffy.... she left out a LOT.

I can understand why Naruto wouldn't believe her, though I'm pissed that he'd be angry about it...
Sai is SO gonna get it XD ... poor him.

*whistle* Soap Operaaaaaaa

Now I just gotta lurk and wait for my other favorite pairing to get a moment in the spotlight.

*lurk* *lurk* *lurk*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Naruto Fan Forums must be horrid + the VIZ ones... I think I'll stick around here for now...

Edited by nekovi, 26 October 2009 - 08:34 PM.

So baby keep my heart, beat b-beat beat beating. She’s the soul reason I keep believing that we're gonna die like this.

#96 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:43 PM

I don't even know if this is the right translation...let's wait till Wednesday to see if some other translations come about.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#97 RRAlchemist

RRAlchemist

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:46 PM

Well, after wading through comment after comment and spoiler after spoiler, I can honestly say I’m not the least bit surprised or concerned. A tad bit irritated on multiple levels at Sakura? Absolutely.

It’s been said before, but that’s really what it boils down to. Sakura screwed up, but not in the sense that she lied to Naruto. She may be telling the 100% truth about her feelings for Naruto, but she made two huge mistakes in my eyes. 1) She brought Sasuke into it her “confession”, and 2) She made the POAL all about her, either ignoring or forgetting that Naruto’s resolve on bringing back Sasuke isn’t solely based on the feelings she had/has for Sasuke but also his own bond with Sasuke.

Had Sakura not brought up Sasuke herself in this part of the conversation and, should Naruto have asked, better articulate her feelings toward Sasuke I think Naruto would have had a much different reaction to all of this. But, for whatever reason, Sakura saw it necessary to bring Sasuke into this when she should have let Naruto bring him into this equation if he wanted to. If I were Naruto, I would question the sincerity of her feelings too if she felt the need to bring up her feelings for Sasuke in her confession of sorts. That shows some insecurity and it definitely doesn’t show the closure she claims she has with her feelings for Sasuke, and even good ole’ dense Naruto sees that and is rightfully calling her out on it. So when he says she’s lying to herself he’s basing that off of what she’s just shown him, and in my opinion that’s fair.

I don’t think it would be a stretch to say that Naruto is a bit offended by this either. As I said earlier, Sakura either just completely disregarded the other half of Naruto’s wanting to bringing Sasuke back (his personal reasons) or she just assumed that the half of the POAL that involved her outweighed the part in which Naruto wants Sasuke back as his best friend and comrade. That alone, if that’s what’s going on, says a lot about how important Sakura thinks she is to Naruto and if this is her trying to exploit that then that’s just gross. I don’t think that’s what this is because that would throw out countless chapters of Sakura development and would negate everything she just said about not wanting to screw things up anymore. But Naruto doesn’t know about the talk between Sakura and Sai, so how else can he look at this other than either Sakura’s lying to herself or she’s trying to manipulate him via his feelings for her?

I’m sure we could all think up ways this could have gone better, but in the end I would consider this chapter a turn in the right direction. Maybe not a step, but definitely a turn, more specifically a turn away from SasuSaku (which I think is long dead anyway) and NaruHina (which I still consider only a few notches above a decent crack pairing). Actually, I’m quite happy to see that it’s taken so long for this “confession scene” to happen because it’s the final of the big three. SasuSaku’s confession scene came first in Part One when Sasuke was leaving the village and NaruHina’s came second right before Hinata attacked Pain. That’s why I think out of the three SasuSaku is the most unlikely (even though I like it soooo much more than NaruHina); because out of the three it's gone the longest without having anything definite coming up to support them. Hints, sure, but nothing definite… until now when Sakura brings him up, of course. And there’s really been nothing going for NaruHina since Hinata's confession unless you count Hinata standing by smiling as she watched Sakura hug Naruto, which if acknowledged is hard to see as anything other than pro NaruSaku.

Now, the pattern thus far has been confession then nothing, confession then nothing. But if you remember all the evidence NaruSaku has accumulated over the course of this manga, even though it undoubtedly has the “worst” confession scene out of the Big Three it’s really the only pairing that had its unsure factor (Sakura) confess. We’ve got Sakura, who’s feelings for Naruto up till now haven’t been made perfectly clear while Naruto’s feelings for her have been consistently obvious, confessing. This is significant because it’s the only confession in the whole manga made by a character who’s feelings for the opposite character weren’t perfectly known until the confession. We all knew Sakura’s feelings going into the SasuSaku confession while Sasuke’s were at best ambiguous, and we all knew about Hinata’s feelings going into the NaruHina confession while, again, Naruto’s feelings at best were vague, and look how well those two pairings have been doing thus far. Again, no true mentions towards SasuSaku had been made since the confession until this chapter and it’s a renouncement of feelings no less (far from a pro for SasuSaku), and nothing for NaruHina since Hinata’s panel on the NaruSaku hug page.

If that weren’t enough, NaruSaku is the only pairing to have true mutual hints leading up to the confession. There have been scenes for both Naruto and Sakura hinting at romantic feelings for each other, while, as I said before, SasuSaku and NaruHina were both rather one sided up until their respective confessions. Also, in this case, we had the whole Sai-Sakura talk just a few chapters before this one, so there was indication that this confession was coming while both the SasuSaku and NaruHina confession scenes came as a surprise and out of desperation. Sakura confessed to Sasuke so he wouldn’t leave the village and Hinata confessed because she thought she was about to die.

So the long and short of what I’m saying is that this confession and everything leading up to it has completely set NaruSaku apart from every other pairing in the manga, specifically NaruSaku’s two biggest opponents. Why is this significant? Because, in my opinion, the confession of both SasuSaku and NaruHina were the closing number of both pairings. NaruSaku has been left standing as the major pairing without a confession until now so I can’t help but look at this as "Saving the best for last." The way I see it, there are three ways this whole pairing situation can end now. 1) Something happens after this to convince Naruto of Sakura's feelings for him, meaning NaruSaku, 2) Sakura realizes she really is lying to herself about her feelings for Sasuke and Naruto and two forget about this whole ordeal, meaning either SasuSaku or no pairings at all, or 3) For whatever reason, either Naruto or Sakura (more likely Sakura) dies, and while I can't be sure what that would mean I'm going to guess that would mean no pairings sooner than I'd guess SasuSaku or NaruHina.

I’d also like to note that:
-We don’t even hear Sakura confess the first time. We cut in with Naruto saying, “"Wha..?! What did you just say, Sakura-chan?! I think I misheard you, say it again.” All the other confessions we’ve seen from beginning to end. This is the only one where we don’t get to see the most pivotal part of it. Again, this sets NaruSaku apart from everything else… A big plus in my eyes.
-Unless Naruto storms off right after saying he hates people who lie to themselves, this is the only confession scene thus far that is going to take more than one chapter. Again, this is differentiation from everything else thus far and if that’s not significant than it’s pointless and I doubt Kishi would go through all the trouble of making this pairing so different if it were all for nothing.

Now what I want to see is Sakura get over her shock and fight back immediately. Like a lot of people have been saying, she's got to prove her feelings to Naruto and I think her best shot at doing so is to not wait or let Naruto walk away from this thinking what he's thinking. I'd love to see her convince him right then and there because if she doesn't that means this drama is just going to be prolonged and I don't want to see it build up to anything like a death, something I've been thinking about and hoping against for a little while now. My guess is that nothing is going to be certain for a while, and though I most certainly wouldn't start celebrating just yet I'm having a rough time believing that this could all turn out any other way than in our favor. I'm more anxious to see how everything plays out between them in the midst of Madara’s war than the actual outcome, even though I'm obviously pulling for NaruSaku canonization. I don't think this chapter should give any of us reason to worry but rather reason to just keep reading to see how this all goes down between the two, even though my guess is that this isn't going to be settled any time soon. In the mean time, all we can do is enjoy the story as it gets all the more promising (and dramatic, unfortunately dry.gif)

#98 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Oct 26 2009, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im pretty certain that Hinata would never take back what she said shes not the type of person to make such a confession and just blow it off.

however what she will do is put it in persepctive for naruto and help him remain grounded. She will also help him grow forward in confronting Sakura and how he feels for her and the role sasuke still plays in both of their lives.

Hinatas confession im strongly beginning to believe is going to be confronted sooner then we thought. but it like Sakura confronting Sasuke about the bench scene is going to be a moment of clarity for naruto. amoment where shy little hinata explains about him and sakura through her persepctive, and helps him come to a decision.

in the end the two will have to sit down and confront each other from a postiiton of clarity with out wearing the masks theyve grown to weat around each other.

I have to disagree on that. One thing is this, if Hinata's confession confrontation comes up again, wouldn't Hinata be with the group instead of Kiba or Lee so it can be done with it? And basically, if the group returned to Konoha, I'm pretty sure some event/plot will come up and be label as important other than Hinata and Sakura's confession towards Naruto. I having about 65% of doubt Hinata's confession will come up and continue standing as null and void (because we all know what had happen during the Pain Invasion Arc).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#99 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:10 PM

I still need follow-up in the upcoming chapters about Sakura telling Naruto about the decision of the rookies.

#100 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (Merger Knight @ Oct 26 2009, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh that so gives me an idea for a Naruto/One Life to live crossover

NO.

And finally canonz? I sense that a few million fangirls/fanboys were just silenced with evidence.

THE SCREAMS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users