93 replies to this topic

#41 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:29 PM

Yeah, it's an pitty, I was planning to sell my PS3 to help buying an PS4. Guess it's not happening.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#42 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

Yeah, it's an pitty, I was planning to sell my PS3 to help buying an PS4. Guess it's not happening.

Yeah, you shouldn't sell any of the current-gen (are we to call the PS360Wii old-gen now? XD).  It really is a shame, but I did see it coming.  At least the PS+ program is 10 dollars cheaper than Live for a year.  PS4 is gonna make older games available via their cloud service, though.  X1 is presumably gonna do the same.

http://www.playstati...y-without-plus/

Yoshida-san explains the PS+ system a bit more.

#43 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

I'm not sure how to feel about this. Even if it's just one account, it doesn't change the fact that I have to pay just for the chance to play online. That almost steps in the Mycrosoft level.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#44 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

No, none of these systems are backward-compatibility.  They announced that in their..err, announcement conferences awhile back.  Essentially their systems aren't compatible with their predecessors, since they're using more PC-like tech.  That's how I understood it at least, I'm not a tech person.

*nods* This is what I figured would be the reason why neither would offer it.

#45 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

Why, Mr. Mattrick? Why would you say that??

#46 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

Oi, something just hit me. Will either of these systems offer backwards-compatibility? Has either MS or Sony even mentioned this about either of their systems? I don't remember seeing or hearing any news on this :huh:

I think just the Wii U is backwards compatible with Wii games and some game cube games are going to be downloaded, but the PS4 and Xbox one arent.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#47 Ex-psych75

Ex-psych75

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

Why, Mr. Mattrick? Why would you say that??

Wow, how rude. He didn't have to be a jerk about it  :hm:

tumblr_inline_miqm96XVxj1qz4rgp.gif

#48 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

Wow, how rude. He didn't have to be a jerk about it  :hm:

Lol, compare to Sony's Worldwide Studio President, Yoshida's "I apologize for the financial burden on our users, but on PS4 it’ll also provide early access to beta versions, free games and discounts like on PS3 and PS Vita...." 

#49 Pocky-chan

Pocky-chan

Cavelady from 2005 or something

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • Interests:William Riker and his beard

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

All E3 is doing this year is giving me multiple heart attacks. I won't be able to survive knowing I can't play, much less afford these beauties for the next oncoming years.  :argh:

#50 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:02 PM

Honestly, Don Mattrick can go to hell, his smug remark about the 360.

The only reason I tolerate M$ is because of Windows products, if it wasn't for that, I'd have bailed a long time ago.

Don Mattrick, you've lost all of whatever respect I had for you. At least Sony thanks its supporters.

LAWL IF YOU DONT HAS STABLE INTERNETS, DONT BUY OUR PRODUCT.

#51 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

Srsly? you can afford to pay 399$ dollars on the PS4 but cant afford 4$ a month?

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 12 June 2013 - 10:26 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#52 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

Everyone keeps raving about the PS4, but Nintendo won me over hands down.

My Nintendo Direct face

They have so many more popular and classic game titles, new attention-grabbing titles, their most expensive console bundle is $50.00 less than the PS4, it's backwards compatible, and I don't have to pay extra to play the games I've already paid money for, (DLC and Live/PSN? No thanks. I'll take my console and my games and just play them instead, thx.) There is no contest. :fan:

I can't wait to get my hands on the Wind Waker remake, Smash Bros for WiiU/3DS, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Cong Country , LoZ: A Link Between Worlds, and Pokemon X and Y. Give it another year and I bet they'll have a new Legend of Zelda title for the console out too.  :thumbsup:

By the way, I was jumping in my seat over the Pokemon X and Y reveals. Fairy-type? Hell yeah! It looks like they're also trying to bring back "Hey You, Pikachu!" with Pokemon Amie, and this time, there's no crappy mic. :wow:

Edited by Slextrem, 12 June 2013 - 11:24 PM.

#53 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:38 PM

Srsly? you can afford to pay 399$ dollars on the PS4 but cant afford 4$ a month?

....  He's talking about the inability to have backwards compatibility.... :wot:

#54 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

Everyone keeps raving about the PS4, but Nintendo won me over hands down.

My Nintendo Direct face

They have so many more popular and classic game titles, new attention-grabbing titles, their most expensive console bundle is $50.00 less than the PS4, it's backwards compatible, and I don't have to pay extra to play the games I've already paid money for, (DLC and Live/PSN? No thanks. I'll take my console and my games and just play them instead, thx.) There is no contest. :fan:

I can't wait to get my hands on the Wind Waker remake, Smash Bros for WiiU/3DS, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Cong Country , LoZ: A Link Between Worlds, and Pokemon X and Y. Give it another year and I bet they'll have a new Legend of Zelda title for the console out too.  :thumbsup:

By the way, I was jumping in my seat over the Pokemon X and Y reveals. Fairy-type? Hell yeah! It looks like they're also trying to bring back "Hey You, Pikachu!" with Pokemon Amie, and this time, there's no crappy mic. :wow:

This is why I will always support nintendo, they just don't care about competition. They are there to make fun games that anyone can pick up and play. Also their presentation was just one dude in an empty room speaking to a camera, nothing fancy or flashy. Of course my hubby and I are really excited for the new smash and for the new HD Windwaker. Also the new title, I forgot the name, but the one where many ppl can become a hero looks so innovated and fun!

Edited by Konohakitten, 13 June 2013 - 12:09 AM.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#55 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:02 AM

....  He's talking about the inability to have backwards compatibility.... :wot:

PS4 will offer backwards compatibility. Just not in the way people are expecting. Cloud emulators will allow the chance to play games from the past. 

75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#56 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:03 AM

Glad to see I'm not alone, Slex. :D

Is there some really good reason I'm missing for Nintendo not to have had an E3 conference? Because it sounds like they announced some pretty cool things. Seriously, Microsoft kind of shat the bed so hard Nintendo could have easily slid into second place. It would have certainly helped their struggling console to basically say "here's the cool stuff we have coming for this, don't you want one?"

Jeez Nintendo, what is going ON with you?

I actually read an article on IGN after last year's E3, regarding the possibility that Nintendo was attempting to eventually phase themselves out of E3 in favor of appealing directly to fans with their online Directs. It made a lot of sense at the time, since they held a fairly big Direct a week or two after the conference, and it seemed like it would get a good message across as well. I mean, it's hard to say you're targeting average gaming hobbyists when tickets to the show go for $500+. A lot of fans on the internet enjoy seeing big conferences, but if you think about it, the media's still reporting the game announcements, people online still have access to a stream, and they're still holding an event for press. The only difference now is the lack of an actual event, and I feel like having playable demos set up more than makes up for it. 

And honestly, winning and losing these things seems to be more of a creation by fans than anything else. I'd imagine the companies themselves are more concerned with market-share and/or profitability. 

No, none of these systems are backward-compatibility.  

Neither would be a more appropriate word. Being able to play some of my old Wii games during this drought was one of the key reasons I jumped aboard so quickly. I know backwards-compatibility isn't a big deal for a lot of fans, but it sure is nice not having to have multiple boxes under the TV.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#57 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:19 AM

PS4 will offer backwards compatibility. Just not in the way people are expecting. Cloud emulators will allow the chance to play games from the past. 

The only thing I don't like about that is the possibility that Sony will charge for those downloads. Mind you, I'm sure they won't ask for the full price of the game, but still. If I already own a game for a previous Play Station console, I don't want to pay for it all over again just to be able to play it on the PS4. It seems like a waste...

Not that having to hook up the old console to play old games is a big deal either, but what happens when those consoles start breaking down? If my GameCube ever stops working, I can at least still play the games for it on my Wii.

Glad to see I'm not alone, Slex. :D

Vice versa. :hi5:

Neither would be a more appropriate word. Being able to play some of my old Wii games during this drought was one of the key reasons I jumped aboard so quickly. I know backwards-compatibility isn't a big deal for a lot of fans, but it sure is nice not having to have multiple boxes under the TV.

^ This. The consoles that I have hooked up already have to share space with my boyfriend's collection. Switching them out isn't a big deal, but it is tedious, and organizing them all under the TV would be a mess. Cables. Cables everywhere. :argh:

Edited by Slextrem, 13 June 2013 - 01:32 AM.

#58 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:54 AM

Can't we just appreciate the awesome systems coming from each corner. PS4, Xbone, and the WiiU games??  :argh:  :argh:  There's a rift here dammit!! :rawr:  :rawr:  :rawr:  LOL 

#59 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:59 AM

Can't we just appreciate the awesome systems coming from each corner. PS4, Xbone, and the WiiU games??  :argh:  :argh:  There's a rift here dammit!! :rawr:  :rawr:  :rawr:  LOL 

More like a rift between X1 and the other 2 consoles. XD

#60 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:04 AM

More like a rift between X1 and the other 2 consoles. XD

I blame Slex... :chuckle:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users