5 replies to this topic

#1 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 09:49 PM

I'm done. I quit. I wish I hadn't wasted my time with this. 

#2 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 19 May 2022 - 09:44 AM

How so?

#3 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 20 May 2022 - 03:56 PM

yeah whats up? youve been doing well it seems 

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#4 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 21 May 2022 - 04:55 PM

yeah whats up? youve been doing well it seems 

Actually, I haven't. Despite my constant advertising, very few people have bought the book, and very few people who DID buy it gave me anykind of fee back. I sold physical copies to numerous people in my town, but whenever I see them and ask about it, they tell me it was good, but then proceed to tell me they only read the first chapter. They read a chapter that was 2 pages long, then put the book on a shelf and forgot about it. 

*Sigh*

In all truthfulness, my writing has gained very little attention over the years. People think it's cool that I write, but then expect me to just hand them my books for free instead of paying for them on Amazon or whatever. I've had better luck and support on my DeviantArt page, and all that started off as a "joke story" I wrote when I got bored one time, then stumbled into an entire community I didn't even know existed!

I guess it's time to just put writing behind me. I don't get any joy from it anymore, and I almost have to force myself to sit down and actually write something these days. Now that I work with Daz3D and have started making my own comics, I find it much more enjoyable to do. 

#5 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 23 May 2022 - 07:00 AM

Well some books take time to find a following

#6 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 26 May 2022 - 04:58 PM

Well some books take time to find a following

Exactly it can take time for a series to find a footing sometimes years. youd be surprised how many series seem to flounder only to be rediscovered by someone in a library and get rave reviews

dont give up on your writing keep practicing and improving your craft look for new story opportunities as well  you never know which story may take off unexpectiedly

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users