58 replies to this topic

#21 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:03 AM

I think this was needed, because I didn't make the connection. I don't care if that makes me slow, but thanks! I also know there was some confusion in the discussion of the manga, where people were questioning if he was talking about Sasuke. I knew he was talking about Naruto just because in context it made more sense, but now I get what Obito was referring too. 

Better late than never. It's fine that you didn't get it until now. It happens to many.

Truth be told, there are people who didn't quite understand the latest chapter or to be more precise that moment. But very few of them.

Anyway again thank you for posting this. :thumbsup:

I don't understand why they will think Sasuke.

#22 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:45 AM

Because Obito and Sakura were trying to bring back Sasuke, and also Sasuke caught Sakura which means he just declared his love for her. :chuckle:

Therefore Obito was talking about Sasuke.

It's annoying but it is what it is.

You have to understand that some people don't pay attention to the dialog at all. They just look at the "pictures". The only time the pay attention to the dialog is when the dialog suits them.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#23 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:20 AM

Because Obito and Sakura were trying to bring back Sasuke, and also Sasuke caught Sakura which means he just declared his love for her. :chuckle:
You have to understand that some people don't pay attention to the dialog at all. They just look at the "pictures". The only time the pay attention to the dialog is when the dialog suits them.

Sounds like kids with an idea that just wants action. You know, don't think, watch and prepare to be blast away.

#24 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Long walks, Driving.
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:38 AM

To be fair that "when he stumbles...." part does cause confusion. Sasuke is the one who has stumbled in life. Not many people made the connection with Kakashi's statement. I didn't the first time I read it.

tumblr_mzzew0nSyr1t3jjq1o1_500.gif

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#25 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:26 PM

To be fair that "when he stumbles...." part does cause confusion. Sasuke is the one who has stumbled in life. Not many people made the connection with Kakashi's statement. I didn't the first time I read it.

The problem is the word is from a quote and Naruto was brought up by Sakura. So yeah, maybe I would believe Sasuke if she said Sasuke and maybe the words weren't in quote. Like user before me, it's us audience to connect the dots.

#26 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

Truth be told, there are people who didn't quite understand the latest chapter or to be more precise that moment. But very few of them.Anyway again thank you for posting this. :thumbsup:

From the way Obita talked with a smille and Sakura's "?" Am sure is something more than just re-quoting Kakashi's word.

#27 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

Obita sorry Obito fans was a typing mistake.

#28 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:43 PM

Obita sorry Obito fans was a typing mistake.

It's ok. I would think that's his disguise if he ever stood by.

#29 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:38 PM

This comment is not really needed as some others like Pepsi and etc think otherwise. No need to be so dismissive.

?? I was actually one of the first ones to point out that it was Naruto he was talking about. The only thing I think is debatable is whether its a meant as a nakama moment or an NS moment.

From the way Obita talked with a smille and Sakura's "?" Am sure is something more than just re-quoting Kakashi's word.

It makes sense she would react with a "?" she wasn't there for the conversation so she doesn't know what he's quoting.

Edited by Pepsi, 19 July 2014 - 03:39 PM.

eh10ut.jpg

#30 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

This, this is the reason why people still try to use 469 as the death of narusaku, even though the manga has him still loving sakura, people only use this chapter because at the end they only use the words because to them, it's what they view as ending ns when it didn't.

Even in the recent situation, nothing really happened, I mean even 615 had more happening and neji had to freaking die for that moment to occur, Sasuke just caught sakura and there were 2 panels of their eyes which may not even mean anything, nothing really happened just to stop her from falling due to exhaustion. Anyways yes, it's just people need to see the context themselves, not always think it's up to the characters to figure out. Even then this whole deal has this reason of sakura doing it for naruto. Even then one event doesn't solve everything and there is still a huge load of stuff around for narusaku, it's not just going to vanish.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#31 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:53 PM

?? I was actually one of the first ones to point out that it was Naruto he was talking about. The only thing I think is debatable is whether its a meant as a nakama moment or an NS moment.It makes sense she would react with a "?" she wasn't there for the conversation so she doesn't know what he's quoting.

You might be right but keep in mind that the time everyone could see Naruto's feelings many of them stated that they wanted to walk next to him and help him so there wasn't a reason for Sakura's "?" plus there was no reason for Obito not to be clear with her if that is what he meant there for whe got Sakura's "?" similar to Sai's "?" and Yamato's (....)
Think about it.

#32 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:59 PM

You might be right but keep in mind that the time everyone could see Naruto's feelings many of them stated that they wanted to walk next to him and help him so there wasn't a reason for Sakura's "?" plus there was no reason for Obito not to be clear with her if that is what he meant there for whe got Sakura's "?" similar to Sai's "?" and Yamato's (....)
Think about it.

I know what you mean. It's like she's not supposed to know what she's doing is for Naruto, more so than just doing your duty. It is significant, believe me.

#33 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:07 PM

Think about it.

Not really, it was conversation Kakashi was having with Obito something Naruto also wasn't there for. Her reaction could just as well help reference that it was a reference and not something underlying beneath it. The problem is we don't know if Kishi is planning on using this for a Rin parallel because there was literally no reason to bring it up. Also at this point in time Sakura is atleast somewhat awar of her feelings for Naruto so her not really knowing what Obito's talking about doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

eh10ut.jpg

#34 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

No she knows what she doing is to help Naruto but she as become so devoted and pasionate about it that without realizing it his goals became her goal his dream are now her dream but because she is not aware of her new fascination of Naruto when someone point it out to her it surprises her.
Others sees it has a strong connection and they wonder if it could be love but Sakura says she loves Sasuke so she will always be confuse when someone points out her feelings for Naruto.

#35 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

No she knows what she doing is to help Naruto but she as become so devoted and pasionate about it that without realizing it his goals became her goal his dream are now her dream but because she is not aware of her new fascination of Naruto when someone point it out to her it surprises her.
Others sees it has a strong connection and they wonder if it could be love but Sakura says she loves Sasuke so she will always be confuse when someone points out her feelings for Naruto.

Obviously she knows what she's doing is to help Naruto but again Obito was referencing a conversation Sakura wasn't there for so it confused her, again its hinted at several times and even stated word of god that Sakura is aware of her romantic feelings for Naruto so at this point in time it should really come as no surprise to her.

eh10ut.jpg

#36 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:22 PM

Pepsi we just have to wait on see maybe you're right maybe am right who knows.

#37 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:28 PM

Well the deal with Sakura is just that, its been a continuing question of just how much does she "care" for Naruto despite "loving" Sasuke?

Its been in the whole series, even by the databooks that we have had moments where she has been friendly but also reacted more and more, or opened up more to him as the series went on. Kinda like the gaara event after Sasuke told her Naruto saved her, it was something she didn't expect but she was happy for it. Theres in this case, yes been more of her opening up in the progression of the series. Its gone to the point where there have been some moments from her to him like the hug and memories/wanting him to become hokage in 663. Narutos side has always been encouragement, saving her/desire to save her, taking the emotional blows for her, theres been a lot I mean even getting beaten up by Karui. So yeah I mean Sakura has otherwise just grown tsundere wise from hating and not wanting anything to do with naruto, its at a point she cannot live without him.

But she loves Sasuke? Well its again in the funny pit of she understands and knows narutos deals but not sasuke, even kishi cannot write his way around this one without it being an asspull of her now understanding everything with sasuke, even obito's words to her from kakashi (even though she does the meaning) are just more of a notion of how much does Naruto impact her? She wants to help him when trouble comes into his path, so how much does she really care then? This question has continued to evolve over the entire series and naysayers or those who just go with sakura loving sasuke, well its otherwise a very big question they have just passed off.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#38 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

until that time comes its up for debate

eh10ut.jpg

#39 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Long walks, Driving.
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

The problem is the word is from a quote and Naruto was brought up by Sakura. So yeah, maybe I would believe Sasuke if she said Sasuke and maybe the words weren't in quote. Like user before me, it's us audience to connect the dots.

True. I got it the second time I read and after I read mangastream. This chapter is a bit Sasusaku centred and hence the confusion at first. Those who wonder 'this doesn't make sense' like I did at first, look deeper. But for SS fans, the wrong assumption that it was referring to Sasuke just completes the chapter's SS package  :roll:

tumblr_mzzew0nSyr1t3jjq1o1_500.gif

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#40 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:52 PM

I dont understand why it's a big deal to create a thread over it, there's nothing of romantic here even if it's Sasuke which ins't it's just NAKAMA.
SK-303_image007.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NaruSaku, flashback

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users