• This topic is locked This topic is locked
134 replies to this topic

#21 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (iamfenris @ Nov 20 2011, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
coughnarutoinsagemodecough

coughohif#ckinwishcough

JA2DBzd.png

#22 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Nov 20 2011, 03:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
coughohif#ckinwishcough

coughstopcoughingcough

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#23 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Nov 20 2011, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
coughstopcoughingcough

coughblamefenrissanforcoughinginthefirstplacecough

So anyways... whistling.gif

JA2DBzd.png

#24 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Nov 20 2011, 04:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
coughohif#ckinwishcough

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Nov 20 2011, 04:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
coughstopcoughingcough

QUOTE (Rocket @ Nov 20 2011, 04:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
coughblamefenrissanforcoughinginthefirstplacecough

So anyways... whistling.gif

This cough is going around I see! We're all pretty sick here I see! tongue.gif
coughnarusakuisthebestcough

headscratch.gif Although we can't really entierly blame Pierot for all of NS/Sakura's problems.. Considering we did have a fellow NS fan on the team who made 235. But most of them? th_cussing.gif

Edited by iamfenris, 20 November 2011 - 05:57 AM.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#25 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Nov 20 2011, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does it actually say that Kishi watches the anime? Cause, it seems like he doesn't really. If he doesn't watch it, he can't really have much to complain about, can he?

Exactly, if he only watched a couple of episodes here and there, he probably would realize how they're screwing with his series and correct them. If Kishi had twitter like Kubo does, it sure as hell would be nice..... (although if he had one, his account might overload, considering he could probably rake up at least 500k followers)

If Kishi worked with the anime by giving small directions and suggestions, the anime would probably be better off by now.

@ciardha: I wouldn't look too much into it, I don't really care if they changed a NS scene like that. The only thing I would be pissed at is the off-characterization. I also wouldn't look too much into Naruto's debut CP as well.

Yes, they need to speak to each other. Naruto needs to assure her he still loves her deeply, and Sakura needs to talk to Naruto about how deeply she loves him, but let him know she's not deluding herself she's thrown out all her feelings for Sasuke, but let him know that it's makes her feel weak and ashamed that she still carries those feelings for someone that never loved her, and has willing become totally immersed in darkness. She doesn't want those feelings, she wants to devote her heart totally to Naruto. I don't know if Naruto will fully understand this, that she really wants to let go of any bonds to Sasuke, but understands, even if it profoundly worries her, about his bond to Sasuke, and holds out hope that he can resolve things without of them either dying.

Problem is, Kishi's shooting himself right in the foot with chapter 540. IMO, it was a double-edged sword. And I'll just take a devil's advocate position. what if that really meant Sakura still loves Sasuke?? if we had more verbal thoughts on Sakura's part on that matter, it probably would've been better.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#26 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Nov 19 2011, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Problem is, Kishi's shooting himself right in the foot with chapter 540. IMO, it was a double-edged sword. And I'll just take a devil's advocate position. what if that really meant Sakura still loves Sasuke?? if we had more verbal thoughts on Sakura's part on that matter, it probably would've been better.

Ehhhh, don't worry about that now, we still got a really long long time, before they get to that point. Probably like another year and a half, before the anime reaches that chapter. And when that time comes, then we can go ahead and bemoan whatever scenes Pierrot decided to throw in during the time of that chapter.

Edited by Anguyen92, 20 November 2011 - 06:40 AM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#27 Mr Horrible

Mr Horrible

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:05 AM

Why exactly are you demonizing Pierrot? There have been plenty of NS fillers, in fact I'd say we have the bulk of the filler moments in part 2. They don't know what's going to happen in the series anyway, so why would they lock themselves in with only NS fillers?

As far as 540 goes, it seems pretty clear that Sakura still has feelings for Sasuke. Of course I still think NS is the most likely to become canon, however there certainly is development required in order to do so.

#28 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (Mr Horrible @ Nov 19 2011, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why exactly are you demonizing Pierrot? There have been plenty of NS fillers, in fact I'd say we have the bulk of the filler moments in part 2. They don't know what's going to happen in the series anyway, so why would they lock themselves in with only NS fillers?

As far as 540 goes, it seems pretty clear that Sakura still has feelings for Sasuke. Of course I still think NS is the most likely to become canon, however there certainly is development required in order to do so.

Ehhh, its not like I hate Pieriot, I would like to actually thank them for getting Kishi's consent to create an anime of his series, or else I wouldn't be here. I think most people here hates Pieriot because they give screen time to a side character (Hinata) more than it should be, which kinda further fuels the fandom wars, amongst other things.

For me, I really don't watch the anime anymore, because I wanted to see how the story is developing further than their current arcs, so obviously I made the transition to manga.

Response to Mr. Horrible: Oh, understood.

Edited by Anguyen92, 20 November 2011 - 07:25 AM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#29 Mr Horrible

Mr Horrible

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE (Anguyen92 @ Nov 20 2011, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ehhh, its not like I hate Pieriot, I would like to actually thank then for getting Kishi's consent to create an anime of his series, or else I wouldn't be here. I think most people here hates Pieriot because they give screen time to a side character (Hinata) more than it should be, which kinda further fuels the fandom wars, amongst other things.

For me, I really don't watch the anime anymore, because I wanted to see how the story is developing further than their current arcs, so obviously I made the transition to manga.

I was referring more to the OP, who seemed a little incensed at NH getting fillers in general.

I am completely fine with any NH fillers as long as it doesn't contradict the manga, i.e. Naruto simply views Hinata as a friend and comrade. None of the fillers have suggested otherwise, so I don't know what the big deal is, Hinata likes Naruto who likes Sakura.

#30 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:52 AM

Well, to be honest, it's because of the Part I fillers that glorified Hinata gave birth to rabid NH fans. If Kishimoto had intended for NS to be canon or was intending to build their relationship towards a romantic development, he would've warned the anime beforehand to develop Sakura's character further thus, avoiding the nasty pairing war. IMO, had those Part I fillers didn't glorify Hinata, and instead focused on Sakura's character development prior to the timeskip/beginning of Shippuden, we could've had less of those rabid Sakura haters. Kishi wanted Sakura to be more well-liked, but Kishi has his own fault too that he didn't develop her character enough to be well-liked.

But on the other hand, it's Kishi's fault too that he hadn't played the romance between them earlier and it was only during the PoAL that things started kicking off. Even if there were hints, it was overshadowed by NH and SS during Part I. If Kishi intended them to be the end game pairing, he should've developed their relationship even deeper back in Part I. Another reason why it was overshadowed by NH and SS back in Part I, is because there wasn't enough emphasis on their relationship. Even then, if there was, it was too vague and subtle for the readers. Kishi should've made them more overt like the so-called NH and SS moments.

Lastly, another reason why I'm ticked off at them is that they have inconsistent production quality. From storywriting to animation, I really, really can't believe these guys are supposed to be professionals.

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#31 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:19 PM

I HONESTLY don't care what they do , as long as they "suck it up" when NS happens and show it properly with out any SS or NH details WHATSOEVER. As long as this is so, what they do is their own d*** business. Well actually the should also show Sakura more positively as the heroine just as she is meant to be portrayed and none of that indecisiveness shown so far that makes people react to her negatively. dry.gif Honestly it's because animators try TOO HARD to make tsuderes more violent and angry than necessary plus, in Sakura's case still SASUKE obsessed that their anime counterparts are hated facepalm.png

Edited by Phantom_999, 20 November 2011 - 03:23 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#32 Mr Horrible

Mr Horrible

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Nov 21 2011, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I HONESTLY don't care what they do , as long as they "suck it up" when NS happens and show it properly with out any SS or NH details WHATSOEVER. As long as this is so, what they do is their own d*** business. Well actually the should also show Sakura more positively as the heroine just as she is meant to be portrayed and none of that indecisiveness shown so far that makes people react to her negatively. dry.gif Honestly it's because animators try TOO HARD to make tsuderes more violent and angry than necessary plus, in Sakura's case still SASUKE obsessed that their anime counterparts are hated facepalm.png

Well considering they have never changed any pairing moments from the manga for the betterment of other pairings, I think it's fairly safe they won't.

Of course there was that scene from when Naruto was training wind manipulation

#33 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Nov 19 2011, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's always "been on our side" if you've read enough shonen manga with a strong romantic pairing plotline you knew the moment Naruto and Sakura first interact in chapter 3 that the ending would be Narusaku. Kishimoto even gives you a clue in the very first image in chapter 1 of Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi and Sasuke (and an early version of Gamabunta).

http://www.mangaread.../chapter-1.html
(enlarge to see that Sakura looks at Naruto and is blushing. Note as well Sasuke is apart from from the rest of team 7 and is riding a hawk, showing how what happened to Sasuke in part 2 was already planned before he even started writing the series.)

Scan from the Uzumaki art book showing the splash page in the colors it originally appeared in Shonen Jump.
http://farm4.static...._a7d3bc77b7.jpg

This isn't unusual for either shonen or shoujo manga creators to give a visual clue early on in special color illustrations (splash pages, etc...) of final romantic pairings. Kishimoto is a bit unusual doing it in the very first image we see of the characters, but not unusual to do it early on at all.

I always found it so intriguing how Kishimoto had these early covers slightly showing spoilers for later events (that sometime occurred so long after). This certainly is not the only one and certainly makes me feel curious for any other pieces of these drawings to become a part of the actual manga. If one looks back at these covers/artworks, the toad, snakes, and hawk summoning were all planned for early on. As well as Naruto and Sasuke's choice of weapons and certain jutsus including the snake, wind rasenshuriken and perhaps some others. This one is far-fetched, but Sakura was always drawn with a giant weapon that can only be utilized by someone with incredible strength. The last piece to all this is my interest in Naruto constantly being drawn with scrolls, the paint brush and Jaraiya's large scroll/Minato's sealing scroll. It's so mind blowing.

#34 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (naruto-z @ Nov 20 2011, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always found it so intriguing how Kishimoto had these early covers slightly showing spoilers for later events (that sometime occurred so long after). This certainly is not the only one and certainly makes me feel curious for any other pieces of these drawings to become a part of the actual manga. If one looks back at these covers/artworks, the toad, snakes, and hawk summoning were all planned for early on. As well as Naruto and Sasuke's choice of weapons and certain jutsus including the snake, wind rasenshuriken and perhaps some others. This one is far-fetched, but Sakura was always drawn with a giant weapon that can only be utilized by someone with incredible strength. The last piece to all this is my interest in Naruto constantly being drawn with scrolls, the paint brush and Jaraiya's large scroll/Minato's sealing scroll. It's so mind blowing.

I think that could've very well been foreshadowing of his clan's specialty. And who knows, he might actually really learn Fuuinjutsu later on.

248793.jpg

#35 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Nov 20 2011, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And who knows, he might actually really learn Fuuinjutsu later on.

That's what I'm most curious about. I believe Naruto's destined to do so

#36 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (naruto-z @ Nov 20 2011, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's what I'm most curious about. I believe Naruto's destined to do so

I hope he is destined to use more than just a fox arm and a rasangan with clones.. dry.gif

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#37 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Nov 20 2011, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope he is destined to use more than just a fox arm and a rasangan with clones.. dry.gif

Thinking about this, it makes it seem like the manga still has a while to go. Naruto can't possibly learn Fuuinjutsu
fast. It'd be dumb

#38 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (naruto-z @ Nov 20 2011, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This one is far-fetched, but Sakura was always drawn with a giant weapon that can only be utilized by someone with incredible strength.

Don't know if we'll see her use it, but that double headed axe is called a labrys and is associated with ancient women warriors in the west- the real Amazons, and warrior priestesses of the Minoan civilization. Even in Asian countries it's known as an ancient western women's weapon, so symbolic of a powerful woman warrior. Kishimoto likely used it to foreshadow Sakura's training under Tsunade as not only a medic nin but a fighter known for her skilled use of physical strength in battle. To weld a labrys required not only strength but skill...
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#39 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Nov 20 2011, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't know if we'll see her use it, but that double headed axe is called a labrys and is associated with ancient women warriors in the west- the real Amazons, and warrior priestesses of the Minoan civilization. Even in Asian countries it's known as an ancient western women's weapon, so symbolic of a powerful woman warrior. Kishimoto likely used it to foreshadow Sakura's training under Tsunade as not only a medic nin but a fighter known for her skilled use of physical strength in battle. To weld a labrys required not only strength but skill...

What picture is that?

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#40 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Nov 20 2011, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kishimoto likely used it to foreshadow Sakura's training under Tsunade as not only a medic nin but a fighter known for her skilled use of physical strength in battle. To weld a labrys required not only strength but skill...

That's what I figured as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users