• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#1 Ulgamoth

Ulgamoth

H&E's Sun Pokemon

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:I like Naruto, hence me being here. I also enjoy Death Note manga, Dragon Ball and DBZ manga and Full Metal Alchemist manga. In to metal music but can listen to ALMOST anything. Love playing video games, specifically Pokemon. Currently working on Pokemon Black. Spore is EPIC and so is Fallout New Vegas. Disturbed in the house, droppin' plates!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:30 AM

Basically I want to see a certain scene from the manga in the english dub. Something to do with Itachi, and I won't give more spoilers other than that. Anyone know if this has been dubbed yet?

Deep in the jungle camouflaged by all the fallen leaves
A hand holds up the sky while shamefully I make my plea
The alter's callin' but my legs won't seem to stand
Guess I'm a coward scared to face the man I am

#2 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:35 AM

nope but try narutoget.com they have a pretty good listing of all episodes. (I started watching over there but changed because they cut out the OP and ED). Smthng I don't like on a first time watching.

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#3 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:44 PM

cuurently theyre up to episode 71 just beginning the Immortals arc.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#4 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:37 AM

go to dubhappy.com. they have all the naruto and naruto shippuden episodes that are so far dubbed. idk if what you are looking for, though, is dubbed yet.

#5 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:50 PM

I doubt DisneyXD will air the Hidan and Kakuzu arc due of Hidan's potty mouth and his special ability he kills his victims even if they edit it will be done poorly like they have done already. It won't surprise me if they skip the arc and go to three tails arc.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#6 Blazing CobaltX

Blazing CobaltX

Yuri Trainer on Fire

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Pokémon(OMFG, what am I doing here then?! ^^'), Phoenix Wright, Naruto(Ofc), and K-ON.

Other shizzle:
    Drawing(Which doesn't mean I'm good at it!), playing Pokémon(Ofc)(Which isn't possible anymore... TT_TT) and several other games, and some other things(Like watching anime, of course!).

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Mar 13 2011, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I doubt DisneyXD will air the Hidan and Kakuzu arc due of Hidan's potty mouth and his special ability he kills his victims even if they edit it will be done poorly like they have done already. It won't surprise me if they skip the arc and go to three tails arc.

I don't think they can skip this arc, they'll miss a lot.

#7 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:34 PM

Naruto should have remain on CN just be put on adult swim because the show is meant for teens not little kids!
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#8 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Mar 13 2011, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They can air the arc. The potty mouth can be easily rewritten (look at all of the dubs that were aired back in the day for examples). Same thing with the killing (look back to the DBZ dubs on Cartoon Network).

And also people, skipping arcs means no purpose. They have to show all of the episodes, if not, we will lose the show on TV. And who will pick it? CN can't pick it back up because they already lost the original Naruto, which they were almost at the end, due to not only poor ratings but at a very bad time slot, and the mention of losing Toonami in the process. And they won't be aired on Adult Swim because the anime shows are already in a bad time slot (and there is a fact that people want to watch something like King of the Hill and Family Guy now at days instead of anime).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#9 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (Hopestar @ Mar 13 2011, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naruto should have remain on CN just be put on adult swim because the show is meant for teens not little kids!

I have already mentioned that in the past. Naruto is a show meant for teenage and adult audience, however the American broacast system doesn't see it, for them it will always be about the amount of ratings the show can produce.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#10 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:28 AM

Meh... This is why I buy the uncut DVD's. I wonder if I could legally make copies and give them to you guys... Hm, probably not.

#11 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Mar 13 2011, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have already mentioned that in the past. Naruto is a show meant for teenage and adult audience, however the American broacast system doesn't see it, for them it will always be about the amount of ratings the show can produce.

I just watched Episode 80, the one where Asuma dies. I watched the Uncut one off iTunes first, and then the Disney XD version, just out of curiosity.
Man, they really screwed that one up with censorship. They couldn't even SHOW cigarettes in his mouth, neither at his death nor in the flashbacks. Instead he just had an awkward grin on his face the whole time, and any scene mentioning his smoking habit was completely cut out. I personally thought the scene with the cigarette burning was very symbolic, sort of like it was showing his last few seconds as his cigarette burned slowly out.
And, of course, Shikamaru's line was totally ruined. It went from "I hate cigarettes...they always make my eyes water." to "I can't believe he's gone, he taught me everything I know!" It went from being a sad yet symbolic scene to just a generic death scene.
I know it's great that Naruto's back on TV, but I don't think I'll ever watch this censored version again. I mean even Cartoon Network wasn't this bad.

Sorry if that sounded like a rant, I had to get it off my chest.

Also, let me know if I need to put that in spoilers. I figure it happened like three years ago in the manga, but maybe some people still haven't seen it.

Edited by Boom...Winning, 19 May 2011 - 04:03 AM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#12 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ May 19 2011, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just watched Episode 80, the one where Asuma dies. I watched the Uncut one off iTunes first, and then the Disney XD version, just out of curiosity.
Man, they really screwed that one up with censorship. They couldn't even SHOW cigarettes in his mouth, neither at his death nor in the flashbacks. Instead he just had an awkward grin on his face the whole time, and any scene mentioning his smoking habit was completely cut out. I personally thought the scene with the cigarette burning was very symbolic, sort of like it was showing his last few seconds as his cigarette burned slowly out.
And, of course, Shikamaru's line was totally ruined. It went from "I hate cigarettes...they always make my eyes water." to "I can't believe he's gone, he taught me everything I know!" It went from being a sad yet symbolic scene to just a generic death scene.
I know it's great that Naruto's back on TV, but I don't think I'll ever watch this censored version again. I mean even Cartoon Network wasn't this bad.

Sorry if that sounded like a rant, I had to get it off my chest.

Also, let me know if I need to put that in spoilers. I figure it happened like three years ago in the manga, but maybe some people still haven't seen it.

You have to understand the issue. They have to change things in the DisneyXD version because would you like to hear parents complaining about extreme violence, adult situations, sexual innuendos, etc. which can result of losing the show again? Cigarettes are one of the big "NO-NOs" of children's programming. You should know that America is very conservative.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#13 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:45 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ May 18 2011, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have to understand the issue. They have to change things in the DisneyXD version because would you like to hear parents complaining about extreme violence, adult situations, sexual innuendos, etc. which can result of losing the show again? Cigarettes are one of the big "NO-NOs" of children's programming. You should know that America is very conservative.

Agreed, though I think the conservative programming standard for children's programming is fairly universal. The problem is, at least in my opinion, that we have some sort of unspoken rule in the western world that anything animated is intended for children. I mean, my aunt still lets my 7 year old cousin watch Family Guy, even though I've explained to her that some of the content in that show is a little too vulgar for me even.
On the subject of cigarettes, yeah, that is a big NO-NO in cartoons. But I do remember when Naruto was on Cartoon Network, Asuma still had a cigarette in his mouth, albeit a perpetually burnt out one. I think the problem is more with putting Naruto on the channel run by a company that is almost exclusively tailored towards kids.
Although I will say that the Disney XD version of Naruto is nowhere near as bad as original One Piece dub. I mean Sanji had a candy sucker in his mouth instead of a cigarette. Yeah, that doesn't change how I view his character at all...

#14 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:47 AM

Whattt?? Smoking is cool man! Anyway jokes aside, I'm not really a fan of english dubs in animes. The voices just seem out of place and since its a dub and not the original, it doesn't sound natural. Its understandable since they have to alter the script due to translation problems. But for some reason I don't mind english voices in JRPGs though. Unless its Naruto games.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#15 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:58 AM

what sucks about shippuden airing on Disney XD is that it has a PG rating (at least it did the last time I checked). Naruto on cartoon network had a y7 rating, and it got away with a fairly decent amount of blood, and they always said "kill" and "die". With a PG rating, shippuden SHOULD be able to get away with even more blood and the like, but Disney is Disney...thank the lord for the uncut dub.

#16 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ May 19 2011, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whattt?? Smoking is cool man! Anyway jokes aside, I'm not really a fan of english dubs in animes. The voices just seem out of place and since its a dub and not the original, it doesn't sound natural. Its understandable since they have to alter the script due to translation problems. But for some reason I don't mind english voices in JRPGs though. Unless its Naruto games.

I'm sort of on the fence on the dub vs. subbed issue. Since I don't speak Japanese, it's sort of a decision between awkward voices and having to read and watch at the same time. I think the Naruto dub did a fairly decent job with the VA selection though. Orochimaru and Hinata sound almost identical to the original Japanese VA's, at least in my opinion.

QUOTE (sardns @ May 19 2011, 01:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what sucks about shippuden airing on Disney XD is that it has a PG rating (at least it did the last time I checked). Naruto on cartoon network had a y7 rating, and it got away with a fairly decent amount of blood, and they always said "kill" and "die". With a PG rating, shippuden SHOULD be able to get away with even more blood and the like, but Disney is Disney...thank the lord for the uncut dub.

Wow, Cartoon Network had Y7 rating? I guess it is really is more the channel than the rating as far as censorship goes.

I guess my biggest problem with the censorship is that anyone who watches the dub on Disney is going to assume that Naruto is just some mediocre Japanese action show, which is sort of the way censored version makes it out to be. The bottom line, in my opinion, is that if you have to excessively censor a show in order to market it to a certain age group, maybe that show really isn't intended for that age group in the first place.

#17 Shania

Shania

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:09 PM

Try AnimeRatio.com

They're on the Guren filler arc, uncut

Also they didn't cut out any of anything, really. Heh, Hidan had such a foul mouth and I'm a dub watcher XD

#18 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:29 PM

You could try Narutospot.net. Their Shippuden dubs are ripped straight from the DVD's, which means that they are the uncut versions. Just be aware that sometimes, the videos don't work if HD is turned on. But if you don't care about quality that much, just turn if off and you should be fine.

As for the dub itself, I actually think it's pretty decent for the most part. I mean I've certaintly heard worse. Pretty much all the voices of the "main cast", i.e. Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Kakashi, Ino, Shikamaru, Choji, Asuma, Hinata, Shino, Kiba, Kurenai, Tsunade, Jiraiya, Shizune, Yamato, Sai etc. etc, are pretty spot on IMO. The only voices I have a slight problem with are Naruto's and Kakshis' voices. Like I said, overall Naruto's voice fits him pretty well, but sometimes his VA goes a bit over the top. Kakashi's voice is also pretty cool, but in the japanese version his voice also has sort of a "goofy" edge to it, which I think suits him really well. In the english dub, he has the coolness, but lacks the occasional silliness that makes him...well, Kakashi! tongue.gif

I haven't watched the CN or Disney version of the Hidan and Kakuzu arc, because they don't air it here in Denmark. At least not as far as I know. But regardless, I can only imagine what a nightmare that would be for the editors. Not only would they have to cut out the smoking, the swearing and possible some of the more violent scenes. And to me, that was kinda the essence of that arc. To show just how brutal and evil Hidan and Kakuzu really were and that the Akatsuki aren't just some random dudes (and dudettes) in fancy black robes. These are ultra badasses and they don't mess around. The way I see it, if you take out all of the aforementioned things, you take away a lot of what made that arc such an important part of the overall plot. That things are about to get serious. Real serious!

Oh well, hopefully they didn't overdo it like in the UK dub. tongue.gif

Edited by TerrorKing, 26 August 2011 - 09:30 PM.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#19 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Mar 13 2011, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They can air the arc. The potty mouth can be easily rewritten (look at all of the dubs that were aired back in the day for examples). Same thing with the killing (look back to the DBZ dubs on Cartoon Network).

And also people, skipping arcs means no purpose. They have to show all of the episodes, if not, we will lose the show on TV. And who will pick it? CN can't pick it back up because they already lost the original Naruto, which they were almost at the end, due to not only poor ratings but at a very bad time slot, and the mention of losing Toonami in the process. And they won't be aired on Adult Swim because the anime shows are already in a bad time slot (and there is a fact that people want to watch something like King of the Hill and Family Guy now at days instead of anime).

You forget the killjoy effect called "censorship" dry.gif Derock. Now If this topic is about the "PART" about Itachi in the dubb then no it hasn't reached that far yet it's only at episode 90+ The dubbed episode of said arc in the manga won't happen for a while in the english dubbs unfortunately sad.gif It starts at Episode 139 and ends at 141 just to indicate the part about Itachi you are talking about

Edited by Phantom_999, 26 August 2011 - 11:20 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#20 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:53 PM

to bad naruto is on disney XD.......i actually liked the english dubbed it was the first thing i saw from naruto.

but i cant take them editing out everything!! like when sasori was supposed to stab sakura they just edited out the whole sword on XD....UGH

and im to lazy to see the uncut version =w= unless its on TV

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users