Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:39 AM

i stumbled onto this
turbostarcharges.jpg

most useless and stupid weapon i've ever seen. dafuq are these even supposed to be??? maybe you could chip someones tooth with them but...really wat?!?

#23702 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:53 AM

i stumbled onto thisturbostarcharges.jpg
most useless and stupid weapon i've ever seen. dafuq are these even supposed to be??? maybe you could chip someones tooth with them but...really wat?!?

Ya a lot of weapons in power Rangers have dumb looking weapons especially in turbo.

#23703 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:55 AM

11.jpg

15.jpg

naruto-693.JPG

After all of that I don't understand what so good about Sasuke ... why everyone like him, why is he so popular ......

Is this become a trend in manga world now ?? Why a character that attempt to kill another character is so popular ???

Ask yourself , if your best friend stab you like that , can you still forgive him and think he still your best friend ???

For me ... even hearing his name makes me wants to throw up.

He reminds me of Vegeta in some way , Vegeta is also popular but in my opinion Toriyama gave him a good balance , he got humiliated and beat up to pulp by goku , cry afraid of frieza ,  lost perfect cell after brag "I AM SUPER VEGETA" , and kid buu

1432957437817.gif

That's why i can't never hate Vegeta because if he done something wrong he always get punish immediately. That is a clear and positive moral message if you do bad things you gonna get punish. Help cell get his perfect form he got humiliated and trunks dead, purposely let babidi control him just to gain more power and fight goku ....

In my opinion that is how to control popular character so that they not become over popular, by making them look stupid or humiliated or beaten by other character and by making the reader feels like "SERVE YOU RIGHT , YOU DESERVE THAT, YOU GOT THAT COMING" towards that character. But i never felt this with Sasuke because constantly got rewarded and got away with his crime 80% of a time especially in shippuden. Naruto never even once win against Sasuke ... it always ends with draw.

Honestly the only thing that makes me happy about Boruto manga/anime is that everyone is dead .... i REALLY HOPE that is including this Piece of Trash character.

Edited by Yyubie, 05 April 2017 - 10:08 AM.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#23704 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:20 AM

The point of Sasuke's bad actions was for him to learn at the end, but the plot got twisted at the end with no actual comprehension of what happened of Sasuke's bad actions and their result, and we don't see anything been talked about them. 

He got to be on the good side again, but how and why ? He's a puzzle.

As for his behavior towards his loved ones, he's still the same on seeing him distanced from them.

Main characters that have Sasuke's kind of character get more warm when they're seen with his closed ones. Sasuke is seen standing there with what he got to say and that's it.

He's still the Part 1 Sasuke minus wanting revenge.

#23705 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:16 PM

11.jpg
15.jpg
naruto-693.JPG

After all of that I don't understand what so good about Sasuke ... why everyone like him, why is he so popular ......
Is this become a trend in manga world now ?? Why a character that attempt to kill another character is so popular ???
Ask yourself , if your best friend stab you like that , can you still forgive him and think he still your best friend ???

He reminds me of Vegeta in some way , Vegeta is also popular but in my opinion Toriyama gave him a good balance , he got humiliated and beat up to pulp by goku , cry afraid of frieza ,  lost perfect cell after brag "I AM SUPER VEGETA" , and kid buu
1432957437817.gif
That's why i can't never hate Vegeta because if he done something wrong he always get punish immediately. That is a clear and positive moral message if you do bad things you gonna get punish. Help cell get his perfect form he got humiliated and trunks dead, purposely let babidi control him just to gain more power and fight goku ....

In my opinion that is how to control popular character so that they not become over popular, by making them look stupid or humiliated or beaten by other character and by making the reader feels like "SERVE YOU RIGHT , YOU DESERVE THAT, YOU GOT THAT COMING" towards that character. But i never felt this with Sasuke because constantly got rewarded and got away with his crime 80% of a time especially in shippuden. Naruto never even once win against Sasuke ... it always ends with draw.

Honestly the only thing that makes me happy about Boruto manga/anime is that everyone is dead .... i REALLY HOPE that is including this Piece of Trash character.

Yes that is right and that's why vegeta will always be the better character, he went through change and has depth and in super he is even better in super of what I've heard and vegeta actually got consequences for what he did. No if I had a friend that did the stuff sasuke did they wouldn't be a friend and they'd be in jail.
Yes naruto never beat sasuke after part 1 they where draws or where stopped.
There is nothing good about sasuke and I can't understand why he is so popular.

Edited by VanitasDS76491, 05 April 2017 - 05:17 PM.

#23706 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:44 PM

11.jpg

15.jpg

naruto-693.JPG

1432957437817.gif

I think the main problem for Sasuke, aside from the usual points, is the fact that Kishi completely over-saturates the story with his presence and doesn't give anyone else much of a chance, even Naruto, the title character.

Toriyama doesn't do that with Vegeta (at least before Super). He gives him a chunk of time, then takes him out of the picture and let's others do things, then brings him back, and repeats. He's the main antagonist of the Saiyajin Saga, but after finally getting beaten enough to retreat, that's it for the time. We know he'll be back, but in the meantime, the focus is put on Gohan, Krillin, and Bulma, and their trip to Namek and then we eventually get Vegeta back after he gets healed, and even then, he doesn't steal the entire show. We just get brief moments of his involvement on Namek before things finally come to a head when he re-encounters Gohan and Krillin, and then the fighting with the Ginyu Force and Frieza, but Goku shows up and takes the lead again while Vegeta is literally killed, buried, and not seen again until the wish to revive everyone killed by Frieza was made quite a bit later, but the focus still remained on now SSj Goku and Frieza.

With Sasuke, even when he wasn't in the frame, he was still constantly the topic of discussion, or something related to him was and leads back to him, and so on.

2e5.gif

#23707 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:58 PM

I think the main problem for Sasuke, aside from the usual points, is the fact that Kishi completely over-saturates the story with his presence and doesn't give anyone else much of a chance, even Naruto, the title character.
Toriyama doesn't do that with Vegeta (at least before Super). He gives him a chunk of time, then takes him out of the picture and let's others do things, then brings him back, and repeats. He's the main antagonist of the Saiyajin Saga, but after finally getting beaten enough to retreat, that's it for the time. We know he'll be back, but in the meantime, the focus is put on Gohan, Krillin, and Bulma, and their trip to Namek and then we eventually get Vegeta back after he gets healed, and even then, he doesn't steal the entire show. We just get brief moments of his involvement on Namek before things finally come to a head when he re-encounters Gohan and Krillin, and then the fighting with the Ginyu Force and Frieza, but Goku shows up and takes the lead again while Vegeta is literally killed, buried, and not seen again until the wish to revive everyone killed by Frieza was made quite a bit later, but the focus still remained on now SSj Goku and Frieza.
With Sasuke, even when he wasn't in the frame, he was still constantly the topic of discussion, or something related to him was and leads back to him, and so on.

To quote vegeta from tfs dbz abridged "can we talking about karkarott for just a second, I mean for God sakes he's never even around."just replace goku with sasuke. That's sad naruto took a back seat to sasuke in his own story. After part 1 naruto stopped being the focus and his story didn't matter, but it became sasukes story and later Hinatas for one movie.

#23708 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:10 AM

This is interesting http://goboiano.com/...s-been-dropped/

#23709 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:21 AM

This is interesting http://goboiano.com/...s-been-dropped/

Yes that is interesting. They let go for the business but that he threatened to kill her, I might not like Hinata but damn that's going to far to want to kill the person who plays her.

#23710 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:44 PM

Yes that is interesting. They let go for the business but that he threatened to kill her, I might not like Hinata but damn that's going to far to want to kill the person who plays her.

And, of course, I'm betting NHers are trying to say the guy is a NSer who did it over the ending despite it not being the reason at all - just a rabid fan in general.

2e5.gif

#23711 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:48 PM

He also makes him redeemable little by little to make his change less manipulative and more natural instead of saying... Sorry ! 

Slam Dunk (another manga that clearly influenced Kishi who said it) has a character called Rukawa who is the equivalent of Sasuke and Sakuragi is Naruto. In a game, Rukawa is forced to go all out when one of their key players is injured... He shines a lot which is like 7 chapters and is absolutely badass at the end of the first with 25 points. However, going all out drained his stamina and we barely see him doing anything in the second and Sakuragi the MC is the one shining and keeping the team into the game till the very last moments. If it was Kishi, Rukawa through the power of his anger is able to play at that level for another half because the plot says it. Rukawa is far more likable  (funnier too) and never becomes the center of the story and even becomes more talkative to Sakuragi and his teammates . Every main characters get to shine and do something awesome.

Haruko is the Sakura of the story. The author shows women being able to stand up for something and someone that is worthwhile. There is a scene where a group of Rukawa groupies mock Sakuragi and Haruko defends him by saying that no one looks good when they start something and its cruel to make fun of him when he is training really hard.  

#23712 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:21 PM

could the title of this thread be changed to remove the "great" from the naruto discussion thread i don't think it fits well anymore

#23713 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:26 PM

And, of course, I'm betting NHers are trying to say the guy is a NSer who did it over the ending despite it not being the reason at all - just a rabid fan in general.

No doubt but which ones the ones in Japan or the ones in the USA, i see the nh fans in the USA doing this more.

#23714 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 05:21 AM

Sound like and entitled fanboy of her's. He asked her to meet hi because of his entitlement he felt that she had to meet him, and when she didn't he felt it was justifcation to kill her as punishment. Sounds like something they would do.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 07 April 2017 - 05:23 AM.

#23715 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 05:24 AM

The point of Sasuke's bad actions was for him to learn at the end, but the plot got twisted at the end with no actual comprehension of what happened of Sasuke's bad actions and their result, and we don't see anything been talked about them. 

He got to be on the good side again, but how and why ? He's a puzzle.

As for his behavior towards his loved ones, he's still the same on seeing him distanced from them.

Main characters that have Sasuke's kind of character get more warm when they're seen with his closed ones. Sasuke is seen standing there with what he got to say and that's it.

He's still the Part 1 Sasuke minus wanting revenge.

Something I wrote on another topic:

"Sasuke's story ended once he killed Itachi.

Sasuke, if you look at where his character was going from the beginning till Itachi's death was; once he killed Itachi he no longer had a reason to be a rouge ninja. So with one of his goal done (killing Itachi) he can work on the other one restoring his clan. Which could mean restoring it physically, or in metaphysically. Physically that just means finding a girl or several and making some babies with her/them. Metaphysically such as restoring it status or what it means to be Uchiha. Both which require him to settle down somewhere and the best place would be the leaf village. Once there apologies to the village for going rouge have Naruto grease some wheels in order to lighten any punishments then settle down have some kids and restore the Konoha Military Police with him as the chief (which seemed to be his dream before the massacre.)

The problem with that is it removes the need for a second battle between Naruto and Sasuke at the valley of the end that Kishimoto wants. Since Sasuke should either just return to the village on his own in order to work on his second goal, or wander to find himself after he realized revenge wasn't as fulfilling as he wanted. But that again removes him as an antagonistic force to Naruto and the need for another battle between the two. So if Kishimoto wanted to have that final battle between the two he needed to keep Sasuke as an antagonistic force. Thus the Uchiha massacre became a democide.

Now that worked in order to keep him antagonistic so kishi could have the final battle between the two it added several problems, one it makes any idea of Sasuke permanently returning to the village seem ludicrous, two he had to constantly go over it again and again in attempts to justify it, three he now had to do a balancing game where Sasuke is an antagonistic force "But not too evil," and four it paints the village in a very negative light. So Naruto becoming hokage without him seriously reforming the village seems like the manga is approving of the democide, and it becomes very reasonable for Sasuke to remain permanently antagonistic towards the village without some serious recompense by the village."

So for kishimoto it didn't matter if it made sense for Sasuke's character. He just needed Sasuke to be good when he needed him to be good and be bad when he need him to be bad.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 07 April 2017 - 05:29 AM.

#23716 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:00 PM

Something I wrote on another topic:

"Sasuke's story ended once he killed Itachi.

Sasuke, if you look at where his character was going from the beginning till Itachi's death was; once he killed Itachi he no longer had a reason to be a rouge ninja. So with one of his goal done (killing Itachi) he can work on the other one restoring his clan. Which could mean restoring it physically, or in metaphysically. Physically that just means finding a girl or several and making some babies with her/them. Metaphysically such as restoring it status or what it means to be Uchiha. Both which require him to settle down somewhere and the best place would be the leaf village. Once there apologies to the village for going rouge have Naruto grease some wheels in order to lighten any punishments then settle down have some kids and restore the Konoha Military Police with him as the chief (which seemed to be his dream before the massacre.)

The problem with that is it removes the need for a second battle between Naruto and Sasuke at the valley of the end that Kishimoto wants. Since Sasuke should either just return to the village on his own in order to work on his second goal, or wander to find himself after he realized revenge wasn't as fulfilling as he wanted. But that again removes him as an antagonistic force to Naruto and the need for another battle between the two. So if Kishimoto wanted to have that final battle between the two he needed to keep Sasuke as an antagonistic force. Thus the Uchiha massacre became a democide.

Now that worked in order to keep him antagonistic so kishi could have the final battle between the two it added several problems, one it makes any idea of Sasuke permanently returning to the village seem ludicrous, two he had to constantly go over it again and again in attempts to justify it, three he now had to do a balancing game where Sasuke is an antagonistic force "But not too evil," and four it paints the village in a very negative light. So Naruto becoming hokage without him seriously reforming the village seems like the manga is approving of the democide, and it becomes very reasonable for Sasuke to remain permanently antagonistic towards the village without some serious recompense by the village."

So for kishimoto it didn't matter if it made sense for Sasuke's character. He just needed Sasuke to be good when he needed him to be good and be bad when he need him to be bad.

Yeah. Thus, his character was a puzzle. You see something from the start, but at the end, some of his relevant actions vanished.

#23717 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:51 PM

could the title of this thread be changed to remove the "great" from the naruto discussion thread i don't think it fits well anymore

I think only Tricksie can do that as she started the thread.

#23718 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 01:06 AM

You know what seeing other shounens make me miss? I wish Naruto had a bunch of friends but the only reccurring characters he's been close with is Sasuke and Sakura. I think relationship with Gaara is great but he only shows up once in a while. I want him to be best friends with Kiba, Ino, all of that would only suit his personality and the genre. Luffy is my favourite anime character because he doesn't just pick two people he is friends with the whole universe basically. It would be OK if Naruto was Light Yagami, but he's a Luffy-ish character.

I wish he was better friends with the rest of K11. I wish his friendship didn't just extend to the souls he had to save.

ナルサク

#23719 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 01:24 AM

You know what seeing other shounens make me miss? I wish Naruto had a bunch of friends but the only reccurring characters he's been close with is Sasuke and Sakura. I think relationship with Gaara is great but he only shows up once in a while. I want him to be best friends with Kiba, Ino, all of that would only suit his personality and the genre. Luffy is my favourite anime character because he doesn't just pick two people he is friends with the whole universe basically. It would be OK if Naruto was Light Yagami, but he's a Luffy-ish character.

I wish he was better friends with the rest of K11. I wish his friendship didn't just extend to the souls he had to save.

Friends the onlyear one naruto cares about and no one else. Laffy is better since all the characters he met are still seen through one piece currently it's jinbi and law. Naruto and Kiba I feel was a better rivalry /friend better than sasuke.

#23720 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 01:30 AM

Friends the onlyear one naruto cares about and no one else. Laffy is better since all the characters he met are still seen through one piece currently it's jinbi and law. Naruto and Kiba I feel was a better rivalry /friend better than sasuke.

But Kiba and Naruto show no signs of being friends. And that's the point, you may think Kiba is a better option than Sasuke but truth is he only has a bond with the latter. I want him to be best friends with Kiba but they don't know eachother that well.. The only K11 besides his team he's had moments with is Shikamaru but it's not enough.

With that sunshine and extrovert personality he's supposed to have, he should be swimming in friends.

ナルサク

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users