Chapter 297 Discussion (RAW + Script)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
176 replies to this topic

#121 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 04 March 2006 - 09:14 PM

Hinano has a very good explanation, and welcome to the boards, Zoe. biggrin.gif

Japanese has three different sets of kana (symbols). Hirigana, katakana, and kanji.

In hirigana and katakana, each symbol is a syllable. Such as:
ナ = na
ル = ru
ト = to

In kanji, each symbol is a word. Of course, kanji can be combined to produce more words. For example, "Loyalty" is made up of two kanji "middle" and "heart" (if I recall correctly).

Anyway, as Neo said, Hisshou definitely added the "l-". happy.gif He probably wanted to emphasise that that was what Yamato was implying.

Shauna-chan posted a quote earlier in this thread. It explained how the Japanese are notoriously oblique (evasive, indirect) when it comes to expressing love, or even mentioning it. Even Sakura's confession in 181 was "I really like you" (a common way of confessing in Japan). "Love" is never used until the couple are really familiar and it's in private.

My point is that I also doubt Yamato would have completed the sentence. But if Naruto hadn't woken up, perhaps Sakura would have had a little time to let it sink in and wonder. tongue.gif

You know, with all that repressed attitude in Japanese life, it's no wonder anime and manga can be so over the top. XD

#122 Urazz

Urazz

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Mar 4 2006, 05:14 PM)
You know, with all that repressed attitude in Japanese life, it's no wonder anime and manga can be so over the top. XD

Damn Japanese! I think they are like that on purpose to piss the rest of us off. mad.gif
Urazz: Hey sis what's going on?
Urazz's Sister: I cut myself.
Urazz: Take it like a man even if your a woman.
Urazz's Sister: Ok!
*Urazz's Sister kicks Urazz in the groin.*
Urazz: $%^&*#
Urazz's Sister: I dunno. I'm sure it's much better to take it like a woman. That was evidence to support my theory.
*Urazz whimpers like a baby*

#123 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 05 March 2006 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Mar 4 2006, 05:14 PM)

That's why you gotta love 'em! XD

#124 NeoSapien

NeoSapien

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 12:53 AM

Speaking of Japan, I've heard (through SasuSaku fans) that the Japanese fandom has largely ignored the latest NaruSaku hints and is instead focused on the interaction between Sakura and Yamato. Can anyone here confirm that the Japanese fandom is really not reacting to Sakura's tears in 296 and Yamato's line in 297? I just find it hard to believe that something which practically everyone here found significant is treated as unimportant over there, and that something as implausible as Yamato and Sakura is favored.

Then again, it could just be more evidence that the Japanese fandom is even crazier than the Western one. They are the ones who created Kakashi and Iruka as 2nd most popular pairing and voted Deidara as 3rd most popular character, after all.

#125 Guest_jtl889_*

Guest_jtl889_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2006 - 01:14 AM

psh... sasusaku fans, they're prolly making crap up again, i wouldn't put it pass them...

that statement is obviously false. as a matter of fact, the truth is prolly the contrary. in case anyone hasn't noticed, smiter found a website that contains a sort of naruto fan collaboration in which fans make naruto doujinshi and sell them.

obviously, narusaku is very popular in japan, or no one would start such an ambitious project.

#126 Hinano

Hinano

NaruSaku Lurker

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 01:19 AM

that doesnt really mean much...
there's like 43423432 doujinshi projects out there XD;; and some of the other naruto pairings sadly have probably more doujinshi projects devoted to them ^^;
I don't get Japanese fandom with deidara though..it must be the "un" lol
yamato x Sakura? thats like Sakura x Kakashi...weird.

#127 Guest_jtl889_*

Guest_jtl889_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2006 - 01:27 AM

eh, either way, it's obviously narusaku, why would it be yamato and sakura?

that's the bad thing about forums, there are always ppl out there who try to deny everything and make up some random thing to argue even if they're clearly fighting a battle that's impossible for them to win...

unfortunately, that tends to get people paranoid lol

#128 NeoSapien

NeoSapien

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE (Hinano @ Mar 4 2006, 09:19 PM)
yamato x Sakura? thats like Sakura x Kakashi...weird.

That's probably why it's popular. Kakashi x Sakura is like the 2nd most popular non-slash pairing in Japan, so Yamato is an interesting alternative.

Maybe the Japanese fandom is completely hung up on pretty couples and has discounted Naruto/Sakura so that it just ignores the true pairing even when it is quite obvious. Or maybe it's only certain portions of the fandom who ignore Naruto/Sakura stuff. Or maybe the SasuSaku-ers really are just clinging to straws. I've seen some "it will be a love triangle, but Sasuke will win in the end" posts, and that was a very popular argument used by Harry/Hermione shippers to explain away all the Ron/Hermione evidence.

#129 Hinano

Hinano

NaruSaku Lurker

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 03:05 AM

its funy when people compare this to harry potter and since I know nothing about harry potter other than HARRY to me it means nothing xD;;

regarding japan, I think they have a fetish with student x teacher relationships...O_O

#130 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts
  • Interests:This should be obvious...

Posted 05 March 2006 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (Hinano @ Mar 4 2006, 07:05 PM)
its funy when people compare this to harry potter and since I know nothing about harry potter other than HARRY to me it means nothing xD;;

regarding japan, I think they have a fetish with student x teacher relationships...O_O

*points to about 1/4th of hentai* O.o
I agree...

#131 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 03:29 PM

Yeah, whats up with that? KakaSaku scares me. Kakashi is like a father figure to Sakura. Its like a father dating his daughter. Creepy. sweatdrop.gif

#132 Urazz

Urazz

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (NeoSapien @ Mar 4 2006, 10:08 PM)
I've seen some "it will be a love triangle, but Sasuke will win in the end" posts, and that was a very popular argument used by Harry/Hermione shippers to explain away all the Ron/Hermione evidence.

Thing is that the the love triangle in Harry Potter was more ambiguous and there wasn't any clear idea of which one was gonna happen until the 6th book, the Halfblood Prince. Both pairings had things to support the idea that they will happen.

Same with Naru/Saku and Sasu/Saku in Naruto. Though both pairings had things that supported them and went against them. But I think part 2 of the manga is pretty much serving as the "the Half Blood Prince" of Narutok, in that it is pretty much showing which pairing is going to happen. There's still a possibility of Sasu/Saku happening but pretty much all signs are pointing to Naru/Saku.

And I agree Kakashi/Sakura is freaky and wierd. err.gif
Urazz: Hey sis what's going on?
Urazz's Sister: I cut myself.
Urazz: Take it like a man even if your a woman.
Urazz's Sister: Ok!
*Urazz's Sister kicks Urazz in the groin.*
Urazz: $%^&*#
Urazz's Sister: I dunno. I'm sure it's much better to take it like a woman. That was evidence to support my theory.
*Urazz whimpers like a baby*

#133 Guest_jtl889_*

Guest_jtl889_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2006 - 07:16 PM

well, i don't think the harry potter analogy is quite as accurate. (especially 4 me cuz i hate harry potter with a passion)

to me, it's more of a star wars analogy. for those of u who hate padme and anakin with a passion, i'm sorry, but that's just how i see it. tongue.gif

it's just like the beginning of attack of the clones, padme's falling for anakin and she doesn't even know it and sakura may or may not know of her own feelings to naruto. sorry if star wars causes anyone any pain but anyway, the best is probably still yet to come. so what we need to do now is relax, lose the worries, and wait patiently.

#134 NeoSapien

NeoSapien

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (Urazz @ Mar 5 2006, 12:15 PM)
QUOTE (NeoSapien @ Mar 4 2006, 10:08 PM)
I've seen some "it will be a love triangle, but Sasuke will win in the end" posts, and that was a very popular argument used by Harry/Hermione shippers to explain away all the Ron/Hermione evidence.

Thing is that the the love triangle in Harry Potter was more ambiguous and there wasn't any clear idea of which one was gonna happen until the 6th book, the Halfblood Prince. Both pairings had things to support the idea that they will happen.

Same with Naru/Saku and Sasu/Saku in Naruto. Though both pairings had things that supported them and went against them. But I think part 2 of the manga is pretty much serving as the "the Half Blood Prince" of Narutok, in that it is pretty much showing which pairing is going to happen. There's still a possibility of Sasu/Saku happening but pretty much all signs are pointing to Naru/Saku.

Part 2 = HBP? Oh hurray! That means the fandom will explode in a few chapters if when we get even more clear-cut signs that Sakura has moved on from Sasuke to Naruto and when Sasuke is re-introduced with a Sound kunoichi who might as well have "Sasuke's love interest" stamped on her forehead.

Then again, the various pairing arguments tend to be much less vehement. There may be a few cries of "canonrape!" and upset rants on the losing side, but it may not be enough to be Fandom W***-ed.

#135 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts
  • Interests:This should be obvious...

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:44 AM

YondaiXObito!?

*dies from shock*
Poor Obito-sama~~ All he wanted was Rin~~

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.
Predictions for 298 anyone?

I think we mostly agree that there won't be anything NaruSaku, but Sasuke might show up. I think Clonemato will follow Orochimaru-tachi to their OMG!!Secret base and lead Naruto-tachi there. I had thought that they might go back to Konoha, but now I don't think so. Everyone seems to be in working order, so they'll probably just follow after.

#136 Lloyd_Aurion

Lloyd_Aurion

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Fanfiction, Anime/Manga, Video Games, almost all mathematics and science, and swords.

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:58 AM

I think we mostly agree that there won't be anything NaruSaku, but Sasuke might show up. I think Clonemato will follow Orochimaru-tachi to their OMG!!Secret base and lead Naruto-tachi there. I had thought that they might go back to Konoha, but now I don't think so. Everyone seems to be in working order, so they'll probably just follow after.

Click For Spoiler
I'm not too sure about that Soritia. I don't think that there will be much more than a mention of Orochimaru and/or Sai. And I certainly don't think that we'll see Sasuke next chapter, or anytime in the near future. I think it's most likely that Yamato's wood clone will come back and tell what he knows, Naruto will see the injury on Sakura's arm and start angsting, and they'll go back to Konoha to inform Tsunade about Sai's apparent betrayal.

#137 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 01:39 AM

I don't think the team will follow Sai. It would be smarter to return to Konoha and ask Danzou about it, IMO. Next chapter, I think Yamato & Sakura will notice how Naruto doesn't remember a thing, and decide on waiting to tell him when they return, so they can discuss it with everyone else(Jiraiya, Tsunade, Kakashi)...then Naruto & Sakura can have a 1-on-1 talk biggrin.gif I think it would be interesting if Danzou found out about the 4-tails form too.

#138 YamiPaladinOfChaos

YamiPaladinOfChaos

Fanfiction Rurouni

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:34 AM

Interesting is probably not the right word for that sitatuation...

Disastrous, is the one I'm thinking of. Danzou has been called a very war-like person who's a hardliner, much more militaristic than the Sandaime.

Because of that, I see two possibilities for the Four Tail Naruto (who is, I think, the coolest form of any character to date). Either a)it'll be like some of the fanfiction I've read and end up with Naruto being isolated and imprisoned for the safety of the village.

But I prefer idea B, that Danzou will take advantage of this idea in the same way the Yondaime Kazekage did with Gaara, and try to twist Naruto into being a sort of "suicide weapon" against Konoha's enemies. Because after all, his battle with Orochimaru has proven one thing solidly- Naruto's power has grown to an incredible level, possibly even equaling an S-Class missing nin like Orochimaru.

What I want to know is... just what would happen with a Five Tail Naruto?

It's interesting to think of Sai as a potential lead to Orochimaru's base or a spy- I hadn't thought of that yet. Perhaps there's more than meets the eye... since there always is, in the Naruto world.

And like everyone else has stated before... this chapter is love. Absolute gold.

That's just weird. I am completely against hard work... I actually do less than even my lax schuedule asks for.

Makes more sense... though I am definitely not as confident as Naruto.

#139 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:20 AM

I agree. I think Sai, Oro, and Kabuto are too far ahead now. They're not the Sound Five hauling Sasuke around in a barrel. I believe both Naruto and Sakura will need rest, probably Yamato too since he used his Mokuton technique a lot and also the Hokage-shiki sealing. As I also mentioned before in an earlier post, Yamato could also have placed a bug in Sai's pack.

That's why I'm kinda hoping that Yamato will set up camp again (that has to be the most luxiourous tent I have ever seen). He could explain everything to Naruto and Sakura, and perhaps the two teenagers will also have a moment together about Kyuubi. Despite Kabuto's healing, the scar is still there, and it is possible Kishimoto left it there for Naruto to notice (not just Yamato).

#140 Hinano

Hinano

NaruSaku Lurker

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:32 PM

the day naruto and sakura have a hugging moment the narutofan forums are gonna explode....and considering some of these "camp" scenes its probable! w00t.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users