• This topic is locked This topic is locked
133 replies to this topic

#61 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE (Nes Mikel @ Aug 27 2006, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (JoHamSandwich @ Aug 25 2006, 02:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. Garden of Sanctuary series (still waiting for Empyreal mr. mikel XD)

I know, I know, it's coming... :shamefulcry0js:

Chapter Eight for Medusa Javelin is ALMOST done. After that, two more chapters + epilogue and I can finally start working on Empyreal Paradox. I'll promise that those chapters won't take as long as Chapter Eight. Really. I do want to start writing it after all.

I frankly have no excuse for it coming out so late other than the shameful truth that I was lazy. So sorry folks. :shamefulcry0js:

At the very least, I'm not dead. tongue.gif

Ahhh!!!! Nes, damnit I am gonna beat ya! msmack.gif

Hehe, I can't wait for the nest chapter.

#62 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:39 PM

I mainly read epics, so I like it when a story has 100,000 words or more, but on occasion I will read a shorter one or a oneshot. My favorite is actually not a Naruto story, its from Evangelion. Its called Nothing Will Ever Change that, its ShinjiXAsuka and is currently at 113 chapters and was written by YoungBoch. A good Naruto story that I have read was A New Cause by MystikD109.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#63 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Eating... Sleeping... Thinking about monkeys...

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:00 AM

omfg.gif :blink: err.gif HOLY CRAP THAT'S LONG!!! jeez, man... i can't believe that. it's like a fanfiction soap opera! tongue.gif haha. i actually don't like long fics. i mean just make the chapters longer... anyways, yeah. that's cool.

#64 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:28 AM

Well when I began reading Nothing Will Ever Change That, it was already at 104 chapters, so I had to catch up alot, took me an entire weekend! laugh.gif

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#65 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 07:57 AM

One I am completely addicted to is 51 chapters and 478913 words long.
Thats roughly 9300 words per chapter, and this guy brings a new chapter out each week. Hehe, it what I use for satiation of Naruto addiction until the new chapter comes out.

#66 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 04:45 AM

haha. i should do that. while i'm waiting for the next chappie. haha. i like your avatar.

#67 Aaron Nowack

Aaron Nowack

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 05:12 AM

By far, my favorite Naruto fanfic is Eimii's Suiren (which had a new chapter posted last month, incidentally). Anyone who like my One Hundred Days should give it a shot, as it's one of the biggest influences on how I write Naruto fanfic.

Nes Mikel's Garden of Sanctuary is another favorite, one of the finest Naruto oneshots I've read. The in-progress sequel/side-story/expansion Medusa Javelin is also worth reading, but the original stands excellently on its own.

Elizabeth Culmer's The Way of the Apartment Manager is an excellent story. Don't let the fact that an OC is the main character scare you off; this author is one of the few who can actually pull it off. The Guardian in Spite of Herself is the in-progress sequel, and what I've read of it is just as good.

It's much too early to call this one a favorite, but it's worth noting. Back when I first started reading Naruto fanfic I found Lackey H's Betrothal to be a fun read. There's now the first chapter of a much-improved rewrite, Betrothal R, and if the quality keeps up it will definitely become a favorite of mine.

That's it for now.

#68 Miriam

Miriam

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Naruto<br />Chrono Crusade (or Chrno Crusade)<br />D.N. Angel<br />Tokyo Mew Mew<br />Fullmetal Alchemist<br />Karin

Posted 08 September 2006 - 01:49 AM

I like One-Shots, Long Fics, Realistic Romance, Temwork..... happy.gif

#69 Nes Mikel

Nes Mikel

The Wanderer

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:55 AM

I stumbled upon this masterpiece just today, and my god, it's just... brilliant. Went into my favorites list almost instantly.

Butterfly in Reverse

From the first chapter, the story just leaps out at you and sucks you in. I'm envious at the author's writing style; at how she (I'm assuming) writes and how she puts in amazing emotion into her work. Dialogue? Brilliant. Characters? Spot on. Hell, even the yaoi bits.

Yes, this story has yaoi. And it's KakaIru. And I hate the genre with a passion. But so what? This piece of art, right here, puts even the majority of canon coupling stories to shame. It's just that good. It's not that I tolerate the fic because it's well written, it goes even past that. I'm just in awe. It made me realize just how much room there can be in the world of fiction for improvement.

This fic, even if you don't like yaoi, even if you don't like KakaIru, even if it's just to see how well the author writes the story, trust me, it'll be worth your time.

#70 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 04:36 AM

ooh! read that one!!! loved it! biggrin.gif

#71 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:10 AM

Is willing to if the great nes says it is good. His word has much impact on me.

#72 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 13 September 2006 - 06:43 AM

Interesting find, Nes Mikel!
Though it is rather heavy on the yaoi, 'bite the hand that feeds' does a more than impressive job at writing. Her characterisation of Kakashi is the best I've seen by far! (Though I still think KakaIru is totally left-field.)

Here's one I rather liked concerning Neji and his subservience to destiny. Adult Themes and Dark Settings abound!

Persepolis130's Caged
Neji must undergo special training to serve the Hyuuga Main House, and along the way he learns that some family secrets are better left undiscovered.

#73 Alden

Alden

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:09 PM

Although I love NaruSaku, and that's what I spend most of my time reading, I recently came across this gem. It doesn't really concentrate on any relationship yet, and it's updated rather sporadically, but I think everyone here will enjoy it. The stories name is "Stranger than Fiction" by DsirinWsdm and can be found here. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3092869/1/

#74 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:35 PM

That is a good one Alden. To the extent that it focuses on anything, it's Naruto, Hiashi, and Hanabi, with a little bit of Hinata. It's under the Naruto/Hanabi pairing filter, but that does not necessarily mean NaruHanabi will be the final pairing.

In any case, regardless of the outcome, its still a good read and a fairly unique way of approaching a Naruto fanfic. It's a pretty original idea in my opinion.

#75 tombadgerlock

tombadgerlock

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 08:36 PM

Vespar...what is with you and hyuugacest? shudder. It's like a trainwreck...i feel contaminated now....must take bath.

#76 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 17 September 2006 - 06:08 AM

What can I say, Tom? I have an inkling that NejiHina's canon. tongue.gif
(With KibaHina then NaruHina as following but less likely possibilities respectively)

#77 tombadgerlock

tombadgerlock

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:51 AM

I know... it *is* most likely canon. Either that or hanabineiji. Ah well, must i complain about the author now? tongue.gif

no new favorite to add though, it is a slow month with fics :/

#78 adrianna

adrianna

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach!<br /><br />basketball, soccer (or football, whichever) tennis<br /><br />reading, shopping, computer

Posted 26 September 2006 - 01:56 AM

I like oneshots, fluff, and sometimes well-written epics (Training for the Job, 'cause it's like a mandatory read)

Part of the H&E Family (sister)

My Journal

#79 Coupe

Coupe

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Random stuff

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:22 AM

Well I really like a good harem fic.
Conversation between me and my awesome drama teacher whilst watching Alfred Hitchcocks The Birds.

Are the birds some kind of Communist secret weapon?
No Jordan.

Are the birds under some kind of mind control by Big Bird from sesame street? Will Big Bird turn out to be the murderer? Will that girl turn around and big bird is behind her and she gets stabbed in the face?
No Jordan.

Is this the chickens revenge on Colonel Sanders?
Yes Jordan, this is a movie about an all bird terrorist group, led by big bird, funded by Communists on a mission to kill Colonel Sanders.

Really?
No Jordan.

#80 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 05:42 AM

haha. fluff, harem, and good pr0n and BAM! you gots a fun reader! biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users